Official Smogon Fantasy Football Thread - 2015-16 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's official, i traded Gronk + Matthews (lol) for Antonio Brown.

so now who should i start in FLEX, Maclin or CJ?K or Hill?

leaning towards Johnson because of match-up.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't believe that dude took that trade

Then again, the Bengals may pull a Bengals and choke late, thereby dipping Eifert's potential. Still, Brown will more than make up for that deficiency at the torrid pace he's on. He might just even break some fantasy records in addition to real ones

I can't believe that dude took that trade

Then again, the Bengals may pull a Bengals and choke late, thereby dipping Eifert's potential. Still, Brown will more than make up for that deficiency at the torrid pace he's on. He might just even break some fantasy records in addition to real ones
i can. he doesn't watch football, he has statistics and algorithms he governs his team by. he's put up ridiculous points so far and has had the easiest schedule of anyone, putting up the most points and having the least points against. i used his lack of football knowledge against him and i feel zero remorse.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Help I just got offered Aaron Rodgers for Amendola, but I already have Dalton and Matty Ice. Should I take??

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Help I just got offered Aaron Rodgers for Amendola, but I already have Dalton and Matty Ice. Should I take??
Depends on the rest of your team. Matty Ice is basically droppable at this point and if your others WRs are solid there's no reason not to take it

If Amendola is a weekly starter for you that's another story

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I currently have ARob, JMatt, Swatkins, and K aiken along with Amendola. I don't necessarily need Amendola, and Rodgers can replace Dalton down the stretch when the bungles inevitably regress

ppl are forgetting that Amendola is just not very good, he had plenty of chances to make an impact on that roster in 2013 and could not.

I think I saw this on Rotoworld but someone referred to him as the "Poor man's Wes Welker's poor man's Wes Welker" and it couldn't be more true. Brady will have to throw to someone, but I'm pretty sure Edelman plays in 2WR sets and Amendola certainly won't. I'd much rather want Lafell even though Amendola will technically have Edelman's role.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
amendola was fairly effective with STL when he wasn't hurt, but he's failed to produce in NE. Which is odd, because usually guys who don't produce elsewhere come to NE and excel. Oh well

I ended up trading Amendola and Ryan Mathews for Lacy and Randall Cobb. I still win even if Lacy does nothing.
That guy is giving up prolly his 1st and 2nd rounders for players who might have been on the wire not too long ago. Obviously means nothing now, but talk about conceding defeat

i'm so hard right now.

EDIT: and my standard team is looking pretty good to make a playoff run at 5-5.

not leaving wasted points on the bench is going to be fucking nerve-wracking though.

Last edited:
is it collusion to intentionally trade a good player at one of your positions of depth to a similar team that has depth at that position, if only to prevent said player from hitting Waivers and being signed by a team that's bad at that position?

maybe I don't understand how others consider collusion, but a trade that is ostensibly good for the two teams in the trade but bad for the other 10 should almost never be considered an unfair trade and vetoed, unless it's something silly like loaning others players for bye weeks or something.

the only time a trade is worthy to be vetoed is if it's a ridiculous trade such as tom brady for blaine gabbert or a skill position for a dst/kicker.. otherwise you have no say in what people wish to trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)