Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a point lead, Team 9 takes the week! The team is by Stratos and his hand of accomplices who know who they are. Runner-up is Team 3 by xzern. Level 51 medal rally oLo

For Week 23, we'll be having:

Deoxys-A. It's the glassiest of glass cannons; offense is the name of the game with this one. While its damage potential is ridiculous, it's also really easy to kill with its paper-thin defenses. Build it, bros.

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide]
[hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
looks like i'm gonna post a good team with top tier mons this week but screw u guys for not voting for innovation in the form of primal aggron :-(

Standard Boring Hyper Offense™

Replay(s): Me beating good RO and person Hashtag Smogon: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-296248727 The team really showcases itself well in this one.

So we all start off with Deoxys Attack. My set is pretty much the standard, enough speed to outspeed scarf adamant lando t, max special attack, and the rest into physical attack. I opt for knock off over superpower, however, because I feel there is enough fighting coverage on the team already.

The next pokemon I choose is Talonflame. This pokemon is another "glass cannon", as Memoric put it, and it serves its role as a tailwind setter, a soft sun check, and added priority to the team. The set is standard.

The 3rd Pokemon on the team is Mega Kangaskhan. This is arguably the best pokemon in the tier, and it's easy to see why. Good defenses and crazy offensive presence. This is the backbone of the team, providing fake out support, a little more priority, and just a strong hitter overall. Kangaskhan can also set up with power up punch, but its harder to do on this team because it is so frail.

The 4th pokemon is Landorus-Therian. This is the other pokemon that is arguably the best in the tier. My set here is the standard scarf set, providing some soft speed control, ground coverage, and of course, skill slide. Intimidate is incredibly valuable in doubles, so Landorus is one of the few pokemon on this team that cycles in and out very often.

The 5th pokemon is Keldeo. This provides my water type, along with some solid fighting coverage, allowing me to put dark coverage on my Deoxys. This set is the standard with taunt, to help my trick room matchup.

The 6th and final pokemon is Thundurus. I opt for the offensive set, but the bulkier set would also fit on this team. It provides great speed control in thunder wave, and great coverage with electric and ice, as well as a very good speed tier.

All and all, this is a solid, fast paced, very offensive team that hits opponents hard. It's biggest weaknesses are trick room and rain. Trick room can be helped by leading Kand/Keldeo or Deoxys/Keldeo, Taunting their setter and using fake out on their fake out user, if you chose kangaskhan, or hitting something extremely hard, if you chose deoxys. Rain is best beat with Thundurus' thunder wave and Keldeo's secret sword, and Kangaskhan has a good matchup here as well.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Seaking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 164 Def / 88 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Icy Wind
- Megahorn

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 208 HP / 44 Atk / 56 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Protect
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Mostly just standard Kang offense with Deo-A. Life Orb Lando over Scarf so I'm not forced to use EQ with no Flying partners. Heatran's Balloon gives me a smidge more freedom there. Deo-A has Ice Beam for opposing Lando-T (although I don't outspeed so lol). Seaking redirects Thunder Waves from everything that isn't Lando, sort of checks Diancie and Hoopa-U, and switches in on some Waters. Amoonguss Amoongusses. That's about it.

Last edited:

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
OVER HERE(Deo Ballance)

EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Detect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-Wisp
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

This is the first team I've submitted that I've actually enjoyed lol

I started the team with Deoxys-Attack and was like damn it's hard to build a team around this thing. I wanted to find a mon that could provide redirection support to nullify Sucker Punches from Mega Kangaskhan and Bisharp. Volcarona fit the bill quite well, as Volc can do the above and in return Deo can take care of Keldeo, Landorus, and others. Kangaskhan was a natural next choice, as it appreciates Volc's Rage Powder support and Deo's ability to bop Keldeo and physically defensive mons. The team was still rather weak to Landorus and pretty weak to Talonflame, so I added Rotom-Wash. Rain did my team a number, so I added scarfed Kyurem-Black to also catch Mega Diancie off guard. Finally I added Aegislash for its excellent set of resistances and its nice Ghost and Steel coverage.

All of the EV sets are standard.

Fire Blast can be used over Overheat (lol), but I just hate to miss. Wide Guard may actually be better on Aeigslash to deal with Landorus, but in the majority of the games I've played Sub has come in more handy. Earth Power is usable on Kyurem-Black, but again, it really just comes down to personal preference. Also, you can swap out Knock Off on Deo for another coverage move of your choice.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-297060472

lando-t switch ins parade

EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Boost
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Serperior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Substitute

just another basic team to add to the basic teams above , deo-a standardness. i figured using metagross-keldeo core would be slightly more interesting than a kangaskhan-mega / rotom wash pair, so i went for it. sub metagross helps slightly with intimidate, and metagross's presence is generally scary with its bulk allowing a sub often. kyurem black is just a good dragon, and helps my team vs trick room, which i dont have much for, so it discourages tr setters from ignoring it and setting up tr. serperior hits bulky waters without being a breloom and accumulate fightings, plus sash makes it tank talon's braveness, with hp ground to hit heatran. next thing is a top kek addition, since i needed a talonflame switch, plus it helps check sun. air balloon was added because i figured scarf lando would eq happily to have its "bubble bursted" by balloon heatran comin in :P should be fun to use, so vote team for prez

edit: heatran has modest not serious nature :P thank you derivations

Last edited:
Edit: Here's a Name

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Protect
This team is sort of standard looking and basic. It's Venu+Zard+Dragon+Ground like lots of other sun teams but my dragon is Hydreigon over Latios because I like Hydreigon and it gets Heat Wave spam. People may say "that loses hard to Heatran lol" but I already have a Superpower Deo-A, Landorus-T, Gyarados, and even nice Life Orb boosted Dark Pulses on Hydreigon.
The Heat Wave spam is to crumble unprepared teams (lots of teams actually lack sufficient fire resists, especially on the ladder which makes this a good team for the ladder :]]) and I guess to finish off parts of teams after their fire resists are dead. It also gives me a bit of edge against things like Heatran or Amoonguss that think I'm EP but they just end up playing into my hands unless they know already.
Why I picked the mons: I started off with Venu+Zard because why not, then I added Hydreigon for Heat Wave spam shenanigans/way to hit Heatran/resist to Heatran. After that I noticed Kangaskhan gave me lots of trouble so I put on Landorus-T (also another sufficient way to hit Heatran, but it doesn't switch well against it), and Gyarados came after a game I had played with another team where Landorus-T wasn't enough to just stop Kangaskhan brute forcing its way to victory, and this was because I wanted to be able to para the Kangaskhan and make it rely on Sucker Punch, while also taking a few hits from it with Intimidate+balk. I also ended up providing another Heatran check for Charizard, but it doesn't hit Heatran hard enough in Sun. Deoxys-A came last in order to patch up the obvious af weakness to Lando-T that I sort of ignored while building, and giving me one final way to hit Heatran hard. This team does still have notable issues with THALK though thanks to Mega Kangaskhan being a great check to my best Lando-T check, but if it's THALK I usually lead Charizard+Venusaur and go all out on Chlorosleeping everything.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Detect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 48 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Teambuilding Process:
Deo-A is required, and loves redirection. Added Rocks Jirachi for that redirection and to break sashes and put things into range. Sash Gengar beats Kang, which is a huge problem for Deo-A, and is incredibly good in the current meta (so long as you don’t try to Icy Wind a Latios). It also helps the trick room matchup with Taunt. Needed something to beat Thundy, so I added Lum Stone Edge Terrak, with Quick Guard to further support Deo-A. At this point I had no water or fire resists, so added Rotom-W to provide that as well as a ground immunity, and as a pivot with its scarf set. At this point I originally added Hydreigon. Then I realized I had no mega and with some help from Yoda2798, made a few moveset changes to get less donked by Latios and Heatran, and replaced Hydrei with Mega Zard X for its Aegis and Ferro matchups and its ability to pressure everything (especially other dragons) at +1.

Set Explanations:
Deo-A originally had ExtremeSpeed, but with two forms of speed control, quick guard, a speed booster, and a scarfer taking up the other five spots, I realized I could replace it with knock off to make Latios slightly less scary. EVs are obvious.

Jirachi has rocks for the reasons explained above, and Thunder Wave as its form of speed control to help against Rain. EVs live 2 Kyube Earth Powers, outspeed base 70s, with the rest in Def.

Gengar always picks between Taunt, Shadow Ball, Wisp, Icy Wind, and Sludge Bomb, and I needed Taunt for TR, Wisp to beat Kang, and Icy Wind for speed control. So I just had to choose between Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb, and I already had Jirachi to hit Fairy types and Mega Zard X to hit Grasses, so I went for Shadow Ball.

Terrakion has Lum to avoid getting para’d by Thundy and Stone Edge to OHKO even bulky variants. Quick Guard was chosen to help Deo-A, since I already had Taunt and didn’t feel like I need Double Kick to beat Bisharp.

Rotom-W has a scarf to deal with faster threats and to trick to troublesome things like Ferro and TR setters. Dual electric moves was chosen over Wisp because I already had Will-O and I didn’t want the only move that left me staying in to have as low accuracy/PP as Hydro Pump.

Char X is the standard set from the analysis - lives a Lando-T EQ factoring spread, outspeeds Deo-A after one DD. Earthquake is an option over Dragon Dance if you know the opp is bringing Heatran, but all members aside from Jirachi have ways of dealing with it and Dragon Claw breaks its sub even without boosts.

Replay of me winning a roomtour: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-296553758
This really highlights the team well - SashGar, Quick Guard Terrak, Knock Off Deo-A, and Thunderbolt on Scarf Rotom-W all prove their worth. I had to make a play towards the end of the game to ensure the win, but the team allowed for me to be in a good position the whole game.

Facing Yoda in a friendly: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-296941689
This game was a little bit different because I had told Yoda about my team already so he knew some of my sets, and thus the predictions were pretty different. However, it shows how the team handles threats to Deo-A like Ferrothorn, Mega Kang, and Latios.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
HYPER OFFENSE

Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 108 Atk / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
I decided to build around the powerful Mega Kangaskhan + Deoxys-Attack core, as I believe this helps Deo-A to excel the most, while providing a core almost unchallenged in offensive presence. Standard Kangaskhan, Fake Out is really nice for keeping up offensive pressure and of course providing opportunities to pull of side PuPs is awesome. Scrappy for the rare Trick Room matchup, so you can flinch the setter turn 1 and hopefully KO it the next turn. Deoxys-Attack is max speed since gotta-go-fast but you can go slower if you have you're own spread. Knock Off is really nice for Aegislash, while also notably being a roll from full on Latios. With this starting core in mind, I decided that the overall idea of the team would be to relentlessly keep up offensive pressure as much as possible, to try and blast through an opponents team with brute strength.

Next, I wanted to add some defense to the core, while also wanting something which provided more offensive pressure to help utilize Deo-A. Landorus-T fits this roll perfectly, serving as a check to Pokemon such opposing Mega Kangaskhan and Landorus-T; Mega Diancie; and notably Talonflame as well. The Ground-type immunity is nice, and the invaluable combination of speed, power, and coverage really helps the team. This team generally makes very few switches, but if you are making one, it's usually going to be into this.

Looking for another Pokemon to solidify this defensive backbone of the team, mainly in handling rain teams, Kyurem-B quickly came to mind. Being able to manhandle a lot of rain teams with minimal assistance is invaluable to the team, while alos dealing with FWG cores can be handy as well. I felt a Life Orb set with Fusion Bolt fitted the team really well, due to the vital boost in power and ability to really hit certain Water-type Pokemon such as Suicune, which can cause problems with bulky Tailwind support; as well as Pokemon such as Keldeo and Gyarados, which can also be nuisances. I'm currently still testing and messing around with spreads, but right now I'm just hitting the 263 Speed benchmark with max Special Attack and the dump in Attack, with Hasty not reducing Kyurem-B's Special Defence for taking on rain.

At this point the team's sun matchup honestly isn't the greatest in the world, so I added Talonflame as a soft, offensive check. More priority is always nice, as well as having great offensive coverage in Fire/Flying dual STABs alone. Tailwind is nice for helping teammates such as Mega Kangaskhan and Kyurem-B just decimate teams, while also being handy for counteracting opposing Tailwind and other speed control. Talonflame also provides another Ground immunity, giving Landorus-T something to Earthquake safely beside.

For the final team member, I wanted something which could reliably deal with Mega Diancie, as Deo-A can be pivoted around with Psycho Boost drops, while being easily pressured offensively; and Landorus-T really only wants Talonflame out if it wants to use Earthquake safely. I also felt the team needed another Water-type resist, so Serperior it was. Serperior can also beat bulky Water-types with it's snowballing STAB Leaf Storm, allowing it to build up immense offensive pressure. Dragon Pulse isn't too strong at first, but gives nice neutral coverage. HP Ground importantly KOes Heatran at +2, while also hitting Aegislash to a lesser extent.

To conclude (wow is this literally an essay at this point lol), this team is built around an interesting and fun concept of basically hyper offense taken to the extreme. It may not have the best switch-ins for too much, but is definitely enjoyable to use and even more rewarding to win with.

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Mission Statement
Gonna c/p n10's post cause we have literally the same mons and I don't wanna format. I've had this team for quite a while and it's done me good, so yeah. Named after a song of the same name by Weird Al Yankovic.

I built this team around stealth rock lando, which gives deo and bandflame quite a few extra kos. Also, HO has troubles with thundy and tflame, so rocks help shorten their lifespan considerably. Originally, I ran ally switch deo, a true paradigm shift, but I had to settle with knock off cause of the aegi weakness.

Talonflame is jolly for the guaranteed ko on opposing talon before they move, which can be a problem if they sack for twind.

Thundy has both taunt and twave because I felt both were necessary for tr and weather. I have swapped out hp ice occasionally for tect or flash cannon, but that's only for specific tour matches.

Low kick kanga is for quickly taking out opposing kanga, tran, kyube, and Dedge gets a few kos even at -1. Keld is keld.

Overall, the team is quite weak to extremely fast rock users. Diancie under twind, mega aero, and jolly lando are all threats. My worst matchup is sand. Besides that, the team's done me quite well in tours. Most of my losses with this have been due to bad predictions rather than bad teambuilding.

The Cloud (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Leading Edge (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Downsized (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Infrastructure (Landorus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Synergy (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Paradigm Shift (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 124 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Votin'

Team 1

EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
So we all start off with Deoxys Attack. My set is pretty much the standard, enough speed to outspeed scarf adamant lando t, max special attack, and the rest into physical attack. I opt for knock off over superpower, however, because I feel there is enough fighting coverage on the team already.

The next pokemon I choose is Talonflame. This pokemon is another "glass cannon", as Memoric put it, and it serves its role as a tailwind setter, a soft sun check, and added priority to the team. The set is standard.

The 3rd Pokemon on the team is Mega Kangaskhan. This is arguably the best pokemon in the tier, and it's easy to see why. Good defenses and crazy offensive presence. This is the backbone of the team, providing fake out support, a little more priority, and just a strong hitter overall. Kangaskhan can also set up with power up punch, but its harder to do on this team because it is so frail.

The 4th pokemon is Landorus-Therian. This is the other pokemon that is arguably the best in the tier. My set here is the standard scarf set, providing some soft speed control, ground coverage, and of course, skill slide. Intimidate is incredibly valuable in doubles, so Landorus is one of the few pokemon on this team that cycles in and out very often.

The 5th pokemon is Keldeo. This provides my water type, along with some solid fighting coverage, allowing me to put dark coverage on my Deoxys. This set is the standard with taunt, to help my trick room matchup.

The 6th and final pokemon is Thundurus. I opt for the offensive set, but the bulkier set would also fit on this team. It provides great speed control in thunder wave, and great coverage with electric and ice, as well as a very good speed tier.

All and all, this is a solid, fast paced, very offensive team that hits opponents hard. It's biggest weaknesses are trick room and rain. Trick room can be helped by leading Kand/Keldeo or Deoxys/Keldeo, Taunting their setter and using fake out on their fake out user, if you chose kangaskhan, or hitting something extremely hard, if you chose deoxys. Rain is best beat with Thundurus' thunder wave and Keldeo's secret sword, and Kangaskhan has a good matchup here as well.

Team 2

Seaking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 164 Def / 88 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Icy Wind
- Megahorn

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 208 HP / 44 Atk / 56 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Protect
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Mostly just standard Kang offense with Deo-A. Life Orb Lando over Scarf so I'm not forced to use EQ with no Flying partners. Heatran's Balloon gives me a smidge more freedom there. Deo-A has Ice Beam for opposing Lando-T (although I don't outspeed so lol). Seaking redirects Thunder Waves from everything that isn't Lando, sort of checks Diancie and Hoopa-U, and switches in on some Waters. Amoonguss Amoongusses. That's about it.

Team 3

EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Detect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-Wisp
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield
This is the first team I've submitted that I've actually enjoyed lol

I started the team with Deoxys-Attack and was like damn it's hard to build a team around this thing. I wanted to find a mon that could provide redirection support to nullify Sucker Punches from Mega Kangaskhan and Bisharp. Volcarona fit the bill quite well, as Volc can do the above and in return Deo can take care of Keldeo, Landorus, and others. Kangaskhan was a natural next choice, as it appreciates Volc's Rage Powder support and Deo's ability to bop Keldeo and physically defensive mons. The team was still rather weak to Landorus and pretty weak to Talonflame, so I added Rotom-Wash. Rain did my team a number, so I added scarfed Kyurem-Black to also catch Mega Diancie off guard. Finally I added Aegislash for its excellent set of resistances and its nice Ghost and Steel coverage.

All of the EV sets are standard.

Fire Blast can be used over Overheat (lol), but I just hate to miss. Wide Guard may actually be better on Aeigslash to deal with Landorus, but in the majority of the games I've played Sub has come in more handy. Earth Power is usable on Kyurem-Black, but again, it really just comes down to personal preference. Also, you can swap out Knock Off on Deo for another coverage move of your choice.

Team 4

EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Boost
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Serperior @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Substitute
just another basic team to add to the basic teams above , deo-a standardness. i figured using metagross-keldeo core would be slightly more interesting than a kangaskhan-mega / rotom wash pair, so i went for it. sub metagross helps slightly with intimidate, and metagross's presence is generally scary with its bulk allowing a sub often. kyurem black is just a good dragon, and helps my team vs trick room, which i dont have much for, so it discourages tr setters from ignoring it and setting up tr. serperior hits bulky waters without being a breloom and accumulate fightings, plus sash makes it tank talon's braveness, with hp ground to hit heatran. next thing is a top kek addition, since i needed a talonflame switch, plus it helps check sun. air balloon was added because i figured scarf lando would eq happily to have its "bubble bursted" by balloon heatran comin in :P should be fun to use, so vote team for prez

Team 5

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Protect
This team is sort of standard looking and basic. It's Venu+Zard+Dragon+Ground like lots of other sun teams but my dragon is Hydreigon over Latios because I like Hydreigon and it gets Heat Wave spam. People may say "that loses hard to Heatran lol" but I already have a Superpower Deo-A, Landorus-T, Gyarados, and even nice Life Orb boosted Dark Pulses on Hydreigon.
The Heat Wave spam is to crumble unprepared teams (lots of teams actually lack sufficient fire resists, especially on the ladder which makes this a good team for the ladder :]]) and I guess to finish off parts of teams after their fire resists are dead. It also gives me a bit of edge against things like Heatran or Amoonguss that think I'm EP but they just end up playing into my hands unless they know already.
Why I picked the mons: I started off with Venu+Zard because why not, then I added Hydreigon for Heat Wave spam shenanigans/way to hit Heatran/resist to Heatran. After that I noticed Kangaskhan gave me lots of trouble so I put on Landorus-T (also another sufficient way to hit Heatran, but it doesn't switch well against it), and Gyarados came after a game I had played with another team where Landorus-T wasn't enough to just stop Kangaskhan brute forcing its way to victory, and this was because I wanted to be able to para the Kangaskhan and make it rely on Sucker Punch, while also taking a few hits from it with Intimidate+balk. I also ended up providing another Heatran check for Charizard, but it doesn't hit Heatran hard enough in Sun. Deoxys-A came last in order to patch up the obvious af weakness to Lando-T that I sort of ignored while building, and giving me one final way to hit Heatran hard. This team does still have notable issues with THALK though thanks to Mega Kangaskhan being a great check to my best Lando-T check, but if it's THALK I usually lead Charizard+Venusaur and go all out on Chlorosleeping everything.

Team 6

Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Detect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 48 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
Teambuilding Process:
Deo-A is required, and loves redirection. Added Rocks Jirachi for that redirection and to break sashes and put things into range. Sash Gengar beats Kang, which is a huge problem for Deo-A, and is incredibly good in the current meta (so long as you don’t try to Icy Wind a Latios). It also helps the trick room matchup with Taunt. Needed something to beat Thundy, so I added Lum Stone Edge Terrak, with Quick Guard to further support Deo-A. At this point I had no water or fire resists, so added Rotom-W to provide that as well as a ground immunity, and as a pivot with its scarf set. At this point I originally added Hydreigon. Then I realized I had no mega and with some help from Yoda2798, made a few moveset changes to get less donked by Latios and Heatran, and replaced Hydrei with Mega Zard X for its Aegis and Ferro matchups and its ability to pressure everything (especially other dragons) at +1.

Set Explanations:
Deo-A originally had ExtremeSpeed, but with two forms of speed control, quick guard, a speed booster, and a scarfer taking up the other five spots, I realized I could replace it with knock off to make Latios slightly less scary. EVs are obvious.

Jirachi has rocks for the reasons explained above, and Thunder Wave as its form of speed control to help against Rain. EVs live 2 Kyube Earth Powers, outspeed base 70s, with the rest in Def.

Gengar always picks between Taunt, Shadow Ball, Wisp, Icy Wind, and Sludge Bomb, and I needed Taunt for TR, Wisp to beat Kang, and Icy Wind for speed control. So I just had to choose between Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb, and I already had Jirachi to hit Fairy types and Mega Zard X to hit Grasses, so I went for Shadow Ball.

Terrakion has Lum to avoid getting para’d by Thundy and Stone Edge to OHKO even bulky variants. Quick Guard was chosen to help Deo-A, since I already had Taunt and didn’t feel like I need Double Kick to beat Bisharp.

Rotom-W has a scarf to deal with faster threats and to trick to troublesome things like Ferro and TR setters. Dual electric moves was chosen over Wisp because I already had Will-O and I didn’t want the only move that left me staying in to have as low accuracy/PP as Hydro Pump.

Char X is the standard set from the analysis - lives a Lando-T EQ factoring spread, outspeeds Deo-A after one DD. Earthquake is an option over Dragon Dance if you know the opp is bringing Heatran, but all members aside from Jirachi have ways of dealing with it and Dragon Claw breaks its sub even without boosts.

Team 7

Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 108 Atk / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
I decided to build around the powerful Mega Kangaskhan + Deoxys-Attack core, as I believe this helps Deo-A to excel the most, while providing a core almost unchallenged in offensive presence. Standard Kangaskhan, Fake Out is really nice for keeping up offensive pressure and of course providing opportunities to pull of side PuPs is awesome. Scrappy for the rare Trick Room matchup, so you can flinch the setter turn 1 and hopefully KO it the next turn. Deoxys-Attack is max speed since gotta-go-fast but you can go slower if you have you're own spread. Knock Off is really nice for Aegislash, while also notably being a roll from full on Latios. With this starting core in mind, I decided that the overall idea of the team would be to relentlessly keep up offensive pressure as much as possible, to try and blast through an opponents team with brute strength.

Next, I wanted to add some defense to the core, while also wanting something which provided more offensive pressure to help utilize Deo-A. Landorus-T fits this roll perfectly, serving as a check to Pokemon such opposing Mega Kangaskhan and Landorus-T; Mega Diancie; and notably Talonflame as well. The Ground-type immunity is nice, and the invaluable combination of speed, power, and coverage really helps the team. This team generally makes very few switches, but if you are making one, it's usually going to be into this.

Looking for another Pokemon to solidify this defensive backbone of the team, mainly in handling rain teams, Kyurem-B quickly came to mind. Being able to manhandle a lot of rain teams with minimal assistance is invaluable to the team, while alos dealing with FWG cores can be handy as well. I felt a Life Orb set with Fusion Bolt fitted the team really well, due to the vital boost in power and ability to really hit certain Water-type Pokemon such as Suicune, which can cause problems with bulky Tailwind support; as well as Pokemon such as Keldeo and Gyarados, which can also be nuisances. I'm currently still testing and messing around with spreads, but right now I'm just hitting the 263 Speed benchmark with max Special Attack and the dump in Attack, with Hasty not reducing Kyurem-B's Special Defence for taking on rain.

At this point the team's sun matchup honestly isn't the greatest in the world, so I added Talonflame as a soft, offensive check. More priority is always nice, as well as having great offensive coverage in Fire/Flying dual STABs alone. Tailwind is nice for helping teammates such as Mega Kangaskhan and Kyurem-B just decimate teams, while also being handy for counteracting opposing Tailwind and other speed control. Talonflame also provides another Ground immunity, giving Landorus-T something to Earthquake safely beside.

For the final team member, I wanted something which could reliably deal with Mega Diancie, as Deo-A can be pivoted around with Psycho Boost drops, while being easily pressured offensively; and Landorus-T really only wants Talonflame out if it wants to use Earthquake safely. I also felt the team needed another Water-type resist, so Serperior it was. Serperior can also beat bulky Water-types with it's snowballing STAB Leaf Storm, allowing it to build up immense offensive pressure. Dragon Pulse isn't too strong at first, but gives nice neutral coverage. HP Ground importantly KOes Heatran at +2, while also hitting Aegislash to a lesser extent.

To conclude (wow is this literally an essay at this point lol), this team is built around an interesting and fun concept of basically hyper offense taken to the extreme. It may not have the best switch-ins for too much, but is definitely enjoyable to use and even more rewarding to win with.

Team 8

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 124 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed
- Protect
I built this team around stealth rock lando, which gives deo and bandflame quite a few extra kos. Also, HO has troubles with thundy and tflame, so rocks help shorten their lifespan considerably. Originally, I ran ally switch deo, a true paradigm shift, but I had to settle with knock off cause of the aegi weakness.

Talonflame is jolly for the guaranteed ko on opposing talon before they move, which can be a problem if they sack for twind.

Thundy has both taunt and twave because I felt both were necessary for tr and weather. I have swapped out hp ice occasionally for tect or flash cannon, but that's only for specific tour matches.

Low kick kanga is for quickly taking out opposing kanga, tran, kyube, and Dedge gets a few kos even at -1. Keld is keld.

Overall, the team is quite weak to extremely fast rock users. Diancie under twind, mega aero, and jolly lando are all threats. My worst matchup is sand. Besides that, the team's done me quite well in tours. Most of my losses with this have been due to bad predictions rather than bad teambuilding.

End of voting on Sunday, GMT Noon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)