ORAS OU My First Competitve Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I was wondering if this team is good and if there are any improvements I can make. I'm a noob and my team probably isn't too good but here it is:

Azumarill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Grass Knot

Azumarill is mostly just a Fairy/Dragon killer. I have Ice Beam to take down Mega-Rayquaza. Hydro Pump is just a general move for non-Dragon/Fairy Pokémon. I have Grass Knot which helps because it can do quite a lot of damage on Primal Kyogre and some other heavy Pokémon. I'm not really happy with Hidden Power Poison, but it's the only Fairy killer I have. I'm open to suggestions about that move.

Mew @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Facade
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Vacuum Wave

My strategy with Mew is to use Protect on the first turn, get poisoned and then spam Facade until my health is low and then use Endeavor and Vacuum Wave. Vacuum Wave is also handy for taking down Dark types.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Disable
- Thunderbolt

This guy is just a glass cannon. I use Substitute so I don't die too quickly and then Disable when they use their move on my substitute. After that I just use my other moves for damage.

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Psychic
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room

My Bronzong is kind of a wall and kind of a physical attacker. I use Trick Room so that it will go first and then spam Gyro Ball which does ridiculous damage against many Pokémon because of my terrible speed. Knock Off is kind of annoying against it though.

Malamar @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Facade
- Superpower
- Flamethrower
- Topsy-Turvy

Malamar is mainly here to abuse Contrary + Superpower.
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter
- Toxic

I use Blissey as a tank/healer. Counter is usually a OHKO due to it's not-so-great defense. I use Wish mostly to heal Malamar because it loses a lot of health with the Toxic Orb.

So, any suggestions?

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there, welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately I'll have to lock this as your descriptions are rather lacking and not up to the standard required by the RMT rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require before. Since you're new to this I'd also recommend gaining more competitive battling experience and lurking around the forums more before posting a thread here. The Intro Hub is a great place to start. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)