The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
For most of his career, Schaub was better than Flacco; however, since he fell off a fucking cliff 2 years ago, I believe this is no longer the case. Still, if somehow the player on the field winds up being the old Schaub rather than the old Schaub, the Ravens may be less fucked than they think.

playing the jags in 2015 is not a "gimme" if you're the colts*

for elite teams, like the pats.... @Pretzels.... its obviously a gimme.

the only team that can beat the colts and take the division is the jags imo. they're the closest team to the colts in terms of talent as a team. the texans, like always, need a QB... and the titans are 2 years away at least from challenging for the title.

The colts schedule is still harder than the jags and the texans are looking good, and all 3 still play each other so i dont see your point with this.

Btw the falcons gave the game away and played like shit this isnt a huge win or anything...
The Falcons did play like shit but I don't understand how that's "giving the game away" Plus, the Texans are bad. I don't know how else to put it. They are on a winning streak and have a win against the Jets(which we don't) but somehow, the Texans are still not good. They aren't a playoff team right now mostly due to the fact that Arian Foster is hurt. He really is the only offensive factor they have outside of DeAndre Hopkins. Brian Hoyer is not a good QB.
[quote="Deschain, post: 6536599, member: 4294"]playing the Jags in 2015 is not a "gimme".

the Colts are very lucky to have as many wins as they do, not the least of which is two missed FG in the Jags game, either of which would have made that W an L.

i'm not saying the Colts won't win the division, but this Colts team is not the "dominate" Colts team they have been in previous years.[/quote]
In theory, you'd be right. The Jaguars are not as terrible as years past. However, the Colts have the number of all the other teams in the division. It is a gimme because of that. Not necessarily saying that because the Jags suck, cause they don't.

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Week 10 taught me that there are no gimmies in this league. A team like Indianapolis can definitely be toppled by Jacksonville or even Houston on the day.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Considering the Jags should've beaten the Colts on the road earlier this year, obviously they are a lock.

Also you're retarded if you think that the Texans can't win this division. Let's be realistic here; Hopkins is playing like one of the best receivers in the NFL right now, there is no question. Please watch Hoyer if you think he's a bad QB, he really isn't and if you look at his statistics in all measures, including PFF, he's not bad. Terrible play calling and the overuse of RBs, as well as a shit offensive line and the defense giving up tons of big plays early in the season, is what caused the problem. The Texans big play defense came to light against the Bengals, and there is no question that the Bengals are better than the Colts on BOTH sides of the ball. Oh, and they still won with a backup QB in that game. Yeah, you're not really making logical points here, more like broad brush stroke assumptions that are just flat out wrong.

However, the Colts have the number of all the other teams in the division. It is a gimme because of that.
This is the shittiest logic I've ever seen. Ever heard of "any given Sunday"?

Why are we talking about the AFC South? That's literally the least interesting division in the NFL. Let's talk about how the Giants are alone and the best team in their division after 10 weeks after starting 0-2.

The Falcons did play like shit but I don't understand how that's "giving the game away"
if you look at the 5 most important plays of that game, 3-4 are literally Falcons mistakes (fumble after Indi TD made it 14-21, interception in end zone, pick six, missed FG, hell you could maybe throw in Freeman getting hurt). I think that counts as giving the game away imo, I mean the Colts had 3 turnovers too but that led to literally nothing from the Falcons while the Falcons' turnovers led directly to a 10 point swing.

Matt Ryan is playing like a broken quarterback right now, too many sacks over the last 2.5 seasons have made him start seeing ghosts and panicking even when he has a clean pocket. I honestly don't know if there's any coming back from that. He's always been known to make 1-2 stupid mistakes a game, but now every other throw is done under duress (regardless of whether there's anyone there) and he throws it to covered guys like they're all Tony fuckin Gonzalez. It's really been rather disappointing seeing him decline every year since his fantastic 2012 (and he was a top 5 QB that season at least, fite me over it) and I can only hope they can turn him around before he develops literal PTSD.

Houston is obviously the team to watch in that division, while I'll be rooting for the Jags I think they're a year or two from pulling it all together. Houston's defense has been fantastic the last 3 weeks, allowing 10 ppg to the Titans, Bengals, and Jets. Down the stretch they have the Saints and Bills (meh), 3 games against AFC South opponents (unless Luck returns they should be favored in all 3) and the Patriots left. I would not be surprised to see them go 4-2 and finish at 9-7 before getting blown out by whichever AFC North team doesn't win the division. Then again, Andy Dalton sure does have a history against the Texans in the playoffs...

Who are the smaller teams that still do well on-field? I'm looking to get into NFL and I might as well look for a team that's similar to my AFL team (North Melbourne for future reference). I believe the Rams are the closest example I got.

I'm open to barrack for any team, really, but I have two caveats:

a) I do not want to spend most of the time looking at how my team cheated to win something (so the Patriots are probably out)
b) I am not wearing cheese on my head, ever (so the Packers are definitely out)

a) I do not want to spend most of the time looking at how my team cheated to win something (so the Patriots are probably out)
Its actually really fun and awesome.

They never lose and you get to be all smug and arrogant.

But if you're looking for a good small team the Cardinals might be your guys.

If you want a "small" team that's good now, than Arizona is a good choice. If you're willing to be a bit patient, Jacksonville and Tampa have potential.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would strongly caution you against the Rams because their ownership and upper management is absolutely terrible and the team is probably going nowhere anytime soon, even with Gurley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)