Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

I plan on making a rain team, but I don't want the opponent capitalizing off of it to use thunder. In a double battle in which one pokemon has lightning rod and one has thunder but there both on the same team, does lightning rod block your own thunder or just the opponents?
U Should ask this at the doubles subforum.

Anyway, Lightning rod always attracts electric moves.

Edit: Ha I ninja'd you!

Your question would be better suited to ask in the Doubles SQSA thread since you are talking about Doubles. But to answer your question, Lightning Rod does indeed absorb all Electric attacks in Doubles, but I wouldn't be too worried since I assume Thunder would only be used by other rain teams.

Edit: yo fuck off mate

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In doubles, Lightningrod attracts all electric-type moves, whether used by you or your opponent. Therefore, Thunder on a rain team with, say, Raichu as a teammate is counterproductive if Raichu is on the field.

I have a question about Weavile; what changed to make it more popular/effective in the current meta game? If I remember correctly, it was BL a while ago.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I have a question about Weavile; what changed to make it more popular/effective in the current meta game? If I remember correctly, it was BL a while ago.
A lot of XY was fatter builds that Weavile couldn't really benefit off of entirely (granted it was still solid on some teams) such as Venutran and Clefable everywhere. The transistion from XY to ORAS, the meta changing after Greninja was removed, and the increase of Landorus after Greninjas removal made people aware of Weaviles effectiveness as such it is now popular and propelled it from BL to OU.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
About the suspect test, if it were to pass, then would Sableye+Shadow Tag be banned or something elsle? I feel like the OP of the thread is kinda unclear on this,

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's pretty clear what it states read again.
It says: "Hello, the tiering OU Council has decided to test Sablenite and Shadow Tag this round," So I wasn't sure if the combination of the two would be banned or both of them altogether, and although the OP suggests the combination, I am not 100% clear on it.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
It says: so I wasn't sure if the combination of the two would be banned or both of them altogether, and although the OP suggests the combination, I am not 100% clear on it.
Due to the fact that the ability works extremely well with a Mega Sableye stall team, we have decided to only ban Sablenite from the Suspect Ladder. Then, the voters will vote on Sablenite and Shadow Tag. That way, if they think Sablenite was the only issue, they can remove it and only it. If they still think Shadow Tag is the issue even without Sablenite (based on the ladder experience, where it will be allowed even without one of its main supporter, Mega Sableye), they can vote to boot it out while keeping Sablenite. Obviously, the voters will have the option to boot both of them or neither of them.
Little reading goes a long way.

It says: "Hello, the tiering OU Council has decided to test Sablenite and Shadow Tag this round," So I wasn't sure if the combination of the two would be banned or both of them altogether, and although the OP suggests the combination, I am not 100% clear on it.
I'm pretty sure that they can either ban Mega Sableye on its own, Shadow Tag on its own, or they can ban both, depending on how voting goes

What are some good partners for RP Diancie?
Hazard stacking pairs well with M-Diance, because spikes helps grab extra KOs.

You'll need to take care of bullet punch users, so fire types can pair well defensively, offensively, you'll need to take care of Ferro or Heatran depending on your coverage.

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sheer Force Conk is a beast cos it can lure Azu and Skarm, while bringing in the Latis to revenge it (which Diancie can set up on).

What are some good partners for RP Diancie?
Hazards are important to help Diancie net the KOs it needs on a sweep with its high-but-not-monstrous power. Ferrothorn and Skarmory can lay both types of hazards depending on what your team benefits more from, and offer defensive synergy vs most Steels/Bullet Punch Pokemon, while Heatran can be a more offensive SR setter while also matching up well with most Fire, Steel, and Grass Types, though watch the shared Ground weakness. You'll also definitely need some way to deal with Mega Venusaur, which comfortably takes even the rare Psyshock, KO's with Giga Drain (even Defensive 2HKO's), and also can use different moves to lure the suggested partners (EQ or HP Fire)

252 SpA Mega Diancie Psyshock vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 170-202 (47.3 - 56.2%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 184-218 (55 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 212-252 (60.2 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- Atk Mega Venusaur Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 248-292 (64.4 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Defensive set just used to show Heatran always loses to EQ).

While Diancie matches well against Mega Sableye, you'll probably also need something prepared to break Stall/Defensive cores. Kyu-B deals well with Mega Venusaur, and depending on the overall set has the potential to deal with Heatran, SpD Gliscor and Hippowdon to name a few, while also resisting Grass and Water while Diancie beats Fighting Types and is Immune to Dragon (though beware the compounded Steel Weakness)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Could I have won this match with this team? If you think I could have please tell me how. I feel like I made the plays I needed to but to no avail.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-297022455
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ct-revamp-read-the-op-before-posting.3535418/ <--- this thread is just the place for that question, just try to analyze your moves and follow the rules of the thread.

edit: Why do so many players get the misconception that the vast majority of smogon players love using stall when its usage is usually frowned upon, and we are testing mega sab, the epitome of stall in ORAS?

What's a good espion- like pokemon in ou with magic bounce that isn't Alakazam? And if there isn't one is there anything close? I already have a mega evolver in Charizard x so megas are out
:mad:

What's a good espion- like pokemon in ou with magic bounce that isn't Alakazam? And if there isn't one is there anything close? I already have a mega evolver in Charizard x so megas are out
:mad:
There isn't. (Alakazam has Magic Guard.) Your only other choice period, not just in this tier, is Xatu. And frankly, if you're gonna use either of the two here, you're better off with Espeon, which has a better typing and can hit hard and fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)