General Introduce yourself!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
I see. And yes, I meant that I would send you the Manaphy, and that you'd send it back afterwards. I need it for my own living dex, you know. Glad you managed to figure out how to post there. Just let me know when you want to trade for the Manaphy. See ya!

Hello deetah, welcome to Smogon. I've also been playing Pokemon since I was around 5-6 years old. And I never stopped, hehe. What was your first Pokemon game? Mine was Yellow. I'm so glad Yellow was my first game, and not Red or Blue (or Green). Those sprites, my gosh they look so horrible.

Anyway, I see you're still learning your way around here. Are there any places in particular you're looking for? If yes, let me know and I can perhaps show you some places that are interesting to you. One useful place for every newcomer on these forums is the Smogon Simple Questions thread. There you can ask any forum related questions. Or just shoot me a PM and I can also help you.

Hope to hear from you :)
Hi Fluke! Thanks for answering. My first ever Pokemon game was Diamond, and I have never stopped playing since. And, I may sometimes need help with the Forums, it looks kind of confusing.

Hi Fluke! Thanks for answering. My first ever Pokemon game was Diamond, and I have never stopped playing since. And, I may sometimes need help with the Forums, it looks kind of confusing.
I understand, I also found forums hard to understand when I first got into them. Are there any places you are looking for? Do you have any particular interests? Battling? Breeding? Art? There are a lot of places out here, y'know!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
I understand, I also found forums hard to understand when I first got into them. Are there any places you are looking for? Do you have any particular interests? Battling? Breeding? Art? There are a lot of places out here, y'know!
I enjoy battling and breeding, those are fun. I actually have to go now, so we can talk later.

I enjoy battling and breeding, those are fun. I actually have to go now, so we can talk later.
The Wi-Fi subforum is pretty much suited for that. It is the place on Smogon to trade, battle, and learn more about capturing and breeding competitive Pokemon. You can also check out the Competitive Discussion subforum. There you can discuss all generations of competitive Pokémon. And I think the Rate My Team subforum is a good place for you (be sure to read the rules first though). In the Rate My Team section (RMT for short), players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. They'll explain what works and what doesn't, and you'll definitely learn a lot from it.

Anyway, talk to you later :)

Hey everyone! I am The Pokemon Paladin but you can call me Paladin for short. My favorite pokemon is Lucario, because he reminds me of my dog irl. I am on Pokemon Showdown with the name VGC Hermit. I joined Smogon to have fun, make new friends, get some cool trades, and of course, to do/learn more Pokemon battles. Irl, I am a third-year pre-medical student and Pokemon is my break from studying too much biology and chemistry. My favorite pokemon game of all time is my first one, Pokemon Diamond.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey everyone! I am The Pokemon Paladin but you can call me Paladin for short. My favorite pokemon is Lucario, because he reminds me of my dog irl. I am on Pokemon Showdown with the name VGC Hermit. I joined Smogon to have fun, make new friends, get some cool trades, and of course, to do/learn more Pokemon battles. Irl, I am a third-year pre-medical student and Pokemon is my break from studying too much biology and chemistry. My favorite pokemon game of all time is my first one, Pokemon Diamond.
What's up Paladin, welcome to the Smogon community ! My favourite Pokemon is also Lucario because of its unique typing & it just looks awesome in general. If you're interested in battling, feel free to hit me up on Showdown. I go by the same name over there. For trades, the Wi-Fi sub-forum is definitely the place to go, as you'll find multiple trade shops & other helpful threads. If you have any questions or need any further help, head over to Smogon Simple Questions, or feel free to PM me, or one of my lovely friends; QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer & we'd be glad to help you out ! We hope you enjoy your stay here & we'll see you around !

Sup everyone! I'm Fiiro and although I'm new to to the forums, I'm not that new to pokemon. My first game was sapphire but I've played them all - Never catched them all ): - and the release of ORAS had me hyped to the sky. I started my competitive journey with xy which made the whole thing a lot easier. My favorite poke would be mawile(especially the mega) because of its cool typing and design.

My objective in joining Smogon is to learn more about competitive battles, to better myself in team building which is the area I have the most difficulty, and of course to meet new people that share the passion I have with this game.

C Currently I'm coursing my second period in computer science and I go on showdown by the name of Fiiro.

hi smogonites

i have been playing po/ps on and off since bw but i've never really established myself under one alias, so here goes. my interest in playing has been sparked by the current ou suspect test, and since i have a lot of free time at the moment i figured i'd try and ladder for reqs.

19 and from london

that's it

hi smogonites

i have been playing po/ps on and off since bw but i've never really established myself under one alias, so here goes. my interest in playing has been sparked by the current ou suspect test, and since i have a lot of free time at the moment i figured i'd try and ladder for reqs.

19 and from london

that's it
nice to meet you

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
Hello, I'm Scarlet Tea, but you may refer me as Shiki instead :3 This is my first post on Smogon.
I'm mainly a pokemon breeder, but now my collection has nearly completed - and I'm sick of continuously cycling around the Battle Resort, so I decided to go for the battling scene! I've been lurking around Smogon for a while, but had never actually made a team until recently. I'm relatively new to competitive, so hopefully I can learn a lot of new things here!

Sup everyone! I'm Fiiro and although I'm new to to the forums, I'm not that new to pokemon. My first game was sapphire but I've played them all - Never catched them all ): - and the release of ORAS had me hyped to the sky. I started my competitive journey with xy which made the whole thing a lot easier. My favorite poke would be mawile(especially the mega) because of its cool typing and design.

My objective in joining Smogon is to learn more about competitive battles, to better myself in team building which is the area I have the most difficulty, and of course to meet new people that share the passion I have with this game.

C Currently I'm coursing my second period in computer science and I go on showdown by the name of Fiiro.
Sup Fiiro! Welcome to Smogon. My first game was Yellow and R/S/E is among my favorites. I also still remember when they announced that Hoenn was getting a remake. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat.. I was so hyped. And even though it doesn't have the Battle Frontier, something I had hoped for, it's still a ridiculously awesome game nonetheless. I also never caught them all, up until ORAS. Mega Mawile is indeed awesome (but also OP as heck!)

I saw you're willing to learn more about competitive battling and team building. You should check out the Competitive Discussion subforum. It's a place where you can discuss all generations of competitive Pokémon. And I also think the Rate My Team subforum is a good place for you (be sure to read the rules first though). There, top players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. It's really useful in my experience.

If you have any more questions, just PM me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, QueBien, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. These people would definitely not mind helping you :)

hi smogonites

19 and from london

that's it
What's up fam (assuming you use that word since you're from London). Can you tell me some more about your history in Pokémon? Did you really get interested in playing by the current OU suspect test? Or is that only competitive-wise? Let me know, I'm quite curious.

Hello, I'm Scarlet Tea, but you may refer me as Shiki instead :3 This is my first post on Smogon.
I'm mainly a pokemon breeder, but now my collection has nearly completed - and I'm sick of continuously cycling around the Battle Resort, so I decided to go for the battling scene! I've been lurking around Smogon for a while, but had never actually made a team until recently. I'm relatively new to competitive, so hopefully I can learn a lot of new things here!
Hey Scarlet Tea, welcome! I like your names, both of them. How come they are so different from each other? I mean, Scarlet Tea is something completely different than Shiki. Anyhow, are you sure your collection has nearly completed? You should check out the Wi-Fi subforum and look at the existing trade threads out there. I'm sure you'll be amazed by the diversity of Pokemon offered.

I've been into battling for ages, but only recently I started doing it less often. I still do it often on Pokemon Showdown! though. I think it's because on PS! you can do a quick battle whenever you want, and Wi-Fi makes everything take so long. I do enjoy Wi-Fi more though, but I simply don't have too much time for it anymore. Maybe we can schedule a battle sometime? That'd be awesome! Oh, also, since you talked about your recent team: You should definitely check out the Rate My Team subforum. In that section mostly experienced players give feedback on teams that others post. Make sure to read the rules, though, as they're very important. I can tell you, it's really helpful getting criticism from high ranked players!

Hope to see you around, Shiki :)

Last edited:

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
Hi Scarlet Tea and welcome to Smogon! I am a competitive VGC player since like March but I also know the ropes to OU, UU, RU, NU, AG, and BH. If you have any questions, just PM me, QueBien, Chesty, Erai14, Dr Ciel, or Fluke.
Thank you very much! I'm looking to OU right now but also interested in VGC :3 Would definitely appreciate your help if I ever need any!

Hey Scarlet Tea, welcome! I like your names, both of them. How come they are so different from each other? I mean, Scarlet Tea is something completely different than Shiki. Anyhow, are you sure your collection has nearly completed? You should check out the Wi-Fi subforum and look at the existing trade threads out there. I'm sure you'll be amazed by the diversity of Pokemon offered.

I've been into battling for ages, but only recently I started doing it less often. I still do it often on Pokemon Showdown! though. I think it's because on PS! you can do a quick battle whenever you want, and Wi-Fi makes everything take so long. I do enjoy Wi-Fi more though, but I simply don't have too much time for it anymore. Maybe we can schedule a battle sometime? That'd be awesome! Oh, also, since you talked about your recent team: You should definitely check out the Rate My Team subforum. In that section mostly experience players give feedback on teams that others post. Make sure to read the rules, though, as they're very important. I can tell you, it's really helpful getting criticism from high ranked players!

Hope to see you around, Shiki :)
Scarlet Tea is to match the name I'm using on showdown - without the space though (I registered PS a pretty long a ago, but mostly just lurking around rooms and watching battles) . Shiki is a bit more personal, and it's the name I usually use on sites like deviantArt, pixiv...

I somehow prefer wifi battling, but it usually take lots of time for breeding, EV train, and it's hard to get some past gen combinations like Defog Lati, so I think PS is great for some relaxing quick battle. And yeah I'd love if we can battle, I really haven't had time to put my team onto test yet, before going to the RMT sub ^-^

Hello Everyone!

My name's Brad and I have been playing Pokemon since 1999 when I was 5. I stuck around for the first 3 gens and had many a play through! I then stopped playing Pokemon until 3 years ago when I played Platinum and White then taking another break until this summer, I have fell in love with ORAS again and have finished my walk through of the game and wanted something more and a friend told me about the competitive side. I have read so much yet know so little! I have just bread my first competitive Pokemon and have really enjoyed it! My Dragonite has good IV's and EV's and I am enjoying planning my build.

I have joined Smogon mainly to make some friends that I can battle with and gain advice and experience from on the competitive side of the game as I only know 1 other Pokemon player! I am very new and fresh and would love to make meet some people who can help me out!

My interest lies within Wi-Fi battling and learning more and more and my 3 favourite Pokémon are Charizard, Kyogre and Garchomp as they help so much through a play through! Hopefully I'll be learning from all of you and meeting some new people!

Cheers,

Brad

Hello Everyone!

My name's Brad and I have been playing Pokemon since 1999 when I was 5. I stuck around for the first 3 gens and had many a play through! I then stopped playing Pokemon until 3 years ago when I played Platinum and White then taking another break until this summer, I have fell in love with ORAS again and have finished my walk through of the game and wanted something more and a friend told me about the competitive side. I have read so much yet know so little! I have just bread my first competitive Pokemon and have really enjoyed it! My Dragonite has good IV's and EV's and I am enjoying planning my build.

I have joined Smogon mainly to make some friends that I can battle with and gain advice and experience from on the competitive side of the game as I only know 1 other Pokemon player! I am very new and fresh and would love to make meet some people who can help me out!

My interest lies within Wi-Fi battling and learning more and more and my 3 favourite Pokémon are Charizard, Kyogre and Garchomp as they help so much through a play through! Hopefully I'll be learning from all of you and meeting some new people!

Cheers,

Brad
Hey man, Welcome to Smogon.

I've tried the RBY games, and really love them, although my very first games were the FR/LG games, is nice to see that you started breeding already, is a pain to run around the battle resort, you could try our battle simulator Pokemon Showdown to start battling already.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me, Fluke, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, Dr Ciel, Chesty or InfernapeTropius11, and we'd be glad to help you.

If you want to learn about battling, I'd suggest you to take a look to the Battling 101 sub forum, B101 is Smogon's tutoring program were more experienced players will teach you, if you don't have time for it, feel free to ask me also, I can help you to learn the Basics of competitive battling.

Hope to see you around!

Thanks a lot! I'm looking for some good EV ditto's to get me self sufficient with the breeding as I don't have X and Y to farm them!

Struggled to see where I can sign up for the battling 101 but might have missed it.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Thanks a lot! I'm looking for some good EV ditto's to get me self sufficient with the breeding as I don't have X and Y to farm them!

Struggled to see where I can sign up for the battling 101 but might have missed it.
The Battling 101 Program is over for this year, but come January, you can sign up in the Apprentice Sign-Ups thread that will open in the Battling 101 forum. Check out last round's sign-up thread here for an idea of what next round's sign-ups will be like. As spots are taken quickly, I would recommend using the "Watch Forum" option in the Battling 101 forum, so you can get a notification when the thread opens. :)

Thank you!

And sorry to be a pain but where would I look to get some good IV Ditto's? Will need them to be traded to me hopefully
User Most is giving some away in his trade thread. I can also give you an Adamant 6IV one for free. Generally, just look in the Wi-Fi section and you'll find some. Or just ask it in the Simple Questions/Requests thread, also in Wi-Fi.

Hey there. This is my first post on the forums! I've had an account since earlier this year but I've just lurked around.

Currently I'm trying to complete my national Pokédex on Omega Ruby. I've got a few shinies and some EV trained competitive's (Nothing to brag about) but I've yet to actually take part in a competitive battle. Hopefully soon I'll get round to it.

Anyways hi!

Thank you!

And sorry to be a pain but where would I look to get some good IV Ditto's? Will need them to be traded to me hopefully
User Most is giving some away in his trade thread. I can also give you an Adamant 6IV one for free. Generally, just look in the Wi-Fi section and you'll find some. Or just ask it in the Simple Questions/Requests thread, also in Wi-Fi.
Hey Brad, the ditto that I am giving away is german in case you want to do the masuda method to increase your shiny chance while breeding. But other than that my ditto is just as good as Fluke's (I don't know if his is english or japanese or something).
If you're interested I've linked the instructions on how to participate in my signature.

Hey, I'm Collusion. I used to play a lot on cartridge - now mostly Showdown. After screwing around a bit too much on Showdown I decided to settle down, get a real screenname, and make a Smogon Account. I play a lot in game and I ladder under alts occasionally reasonably high, like 1700ish, but I'm glad to finally make a Smogon!
Welcome to Smogon, Collusion. Just like you, I also used to play a lot on cartridge. I still do though, but mainly breeding and SR'ing. And now, I battle more on Pokemon Showdown! What's your name on Showdown? Perhaps we can do a battle or two, I'd like to face a good player like you.

Any particular reason(s) you joined Smogon? Looking for any places in particular? Just let me know, and I can probably show you around :)

Hey there. This is my first post on the forums! I've had an account since earlier this year but I've just lurked around.

Currently I'm trying to complete my national Pokédex on Omega Ruby. I've got a few shinies and some EV trained competitive's (Nothing to brag about) but I've yet to actually take part in a competitive battle. Hopefully soon I'll get round to it.

Anyways hi!
Hi Amphix, welcome to the forums! Why didn't you introduce yourself earlier?! You haven't ever taken part in a competitive battle? Smogon is definitely the right place for such things. Do you battle on Wi-Fi? If yes, check out the Battle Requests subforum. I saw your post in my giveaway thread. Don't worry, I'll get to it soon. Oh, and if you need help completing your Pokedex on Omega Ruby, let me know and perhaps I can help you out.

See you around, and let me know when you have any questions :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)