[Online Competition] Scrappy Skirmish

P36W-WWWW-WW33-VBEN: This was the only Voidcats team I faced but made me glad I prepared well for it.

Overall I enjoyed this competition although I felt that at some points it was diverse to the point of random bad things. Some of my battles were lost to pretty bad hax against me but a few were to my opponent outplaying me. I don't know how good this score is but i never battled anyone higher than 1700, so I guess it's good.
Those are always the sweetest victories aren't they?

I actually faced a spore variation of this on battle spot in X&Y and I was lucky enough pull out the win by the skin of it's teeth. What a nightmare when you don't know what's coming lol. Whenever I see a Smeargle or Liepard in team preview now or as a lead (especially in doubles) I try to blanket them immediately with fakeout which is a risk as the annoying purple cat can easily encore it. I wish they'd just outright ban the move all together as it's getting ridiculous the way players are using now.

That Mega Luc Strat is great since he actually out speeds Prankster to OHKO. I might have to try it even though 6iv breeding is pure hell. I may just concede one of the defense IVs since he's really frail anyway.

Last edited:
I'm really late with this but I have to say that competition was interesting to see different pokemons and fun. My W/L is 21-8.Day 1 I have 1615 8-2. I was beaten by swagger only. Day 2 and 3 was 6/7-3. I never ran into dark void teams for the whole day some odd reason, but I was prepared for that. Only battled 1 swagger from day 3 but luck got on my side. Idk my right rating but it is between 1670-1700. I Lack the battles of searching for high rating opponents that are higher than me. I probably fight 3 that was 1650 (same lvs as me)and 1 1688. Painful to see 1500s kick my butt and destroy my points. If you want to use some of my teams Here it is. The Evs were made for scrappy skirmish not vgc.
image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

My computer keeps crashing for some odd reason. Won't be able to check the stats. Sorry if it's not the right stats.

Cofagrigus: Nature: 252 hp (165) / def(203) / sp def (138) 0 iv speed.
Item:Safety Goggles
Shadow Ball
Fake Tears
Ally switch
Trick Room
Cofagrigus is great at sending up TR while he is immune to fake out except mega lop. Cof knowing the move ally switch is good to for allies avoid fighting and normal moves ,priority moves and disable there abilities.

Porygon2: Nature:Quiet 244 hp (191)/ def(131)/ so sp atk(150)/ sp def(116) iv 0 speed
Item:eviolite
Ability:Downlaod
Ice Beam
Recover
Trick Room
Magic Coat
It was made to counter Dark Void. I've give it more sp atk since it's really bulky already with eviolite. Reason of using ice beams over Tbolt and tori atk because of lighting rod ground and ghost. Using a non-effective move is more better than immunities. Also if you use fake tears against a pokemons let's say a Pokemon that are more sp def. You get that sp atk boost because of the sp def drop.

Cradily: Nature: Relaxed 252 hp(193)/ 108 def(146)/ 108 sp atk(115)/ 20 sp def(130) 0 iv speed
Item: Weakness Policy
Ability: Storm Drain
Gigs Drain
Ancient Power
Earth Power
Recover
It was made as Camerupt support against water moves especially aqua jet. Having weakness policy is a great way for luring your opponents to hit Cradily. Immune spore and deals damage with Cofagrigus Fake Tears that's also immune to spore and pass through rage powder.
Mega Camerupt : Nature:Quiet 252 hp(177)/ 4 def(121)/ 252 sp atk (216) 28-29 iv speed
Item:Cameruptite
I use Fire Blast/ Flamethrower is a god option too.
Heat Wave
Earth Power
Protect
Camerupt is the destroyer nothing else to say. But I will give you a reason why it is 28 iv speed later.

Hitmontop: Nature:Brave 252 hp(157)/ atk(150) / def (116)/ sp def(140) iv 0 speed
Item:Eject Botton
Ability:Intimidate
Fake Out
Close Combat
Feint
Rock slide

Helps out a tone of battles with opponents atk down ,Fake out, prevent protects,switch out with your sweeper and the almighty flinch hax. Really need a fighting type to kill dark pokemons.

Bronzong: Nature:Sassy 252 hp (174)/ 28 def(140)/ 228 def(181) 0 iv speed
Item: Mental herb
Ability:Mines is Heatproof but Levitate is good too(both of them are great options)
Psychic
Trick Room
Sunny Day
Metal Sound

Pretty much Camerupt's best friend. The true power of Canerupt. Politoad switch in use sunny day. Politoad is not going to enjoy the heat. If he switch out Politoad you can metal sound that slot and that Pokemon is not going to like sun+stab+-2 sp def+ sheer force. Stop prankster Rain Dance, bulky water pokemons not going to live earth power Camerupt if they somehow invest a lot of sp def for some odd reason and a miss but you got Cradily as your plan B. Ya Metal sound is 85 accuracy if you really need use it. Great about it that it sound and pass through substitute. So Bronzong can atk it will that Pokemon finish it. You need Bronzong to be 1st in order for Camerupt to do massive damage or I say alphabetical order :p.
That is my team and comment if you want to know about the ev values are there for or something else.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Man I'm like 1571. I swear I was higher I guess my Internet cut out on that disconnect game.

EDIT: Also I didn't see a single Gyarados and only 1 Ferrothorn

Last edited:
I came in 1001st overall which I'm happy with considering I didn't use a single top 12 and possibly only 2 of the top 60+ if the usages are the same as special season 11. I'm also surprised by a few of the pokemon in the top 12.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well my quick burst of battles netted me 1622 points which got me 4th in Aus and 400th worldwide. Wish I got to play more than (little over) an hour on the last night to see if I could maintain my streak in the higher ranks but ah well! (only needed 1703 to get first in Aus)

Not sure how everyone is surprised by the top 12 mons, they are seriously all I ran into! I'm mildly surprised that Scrafty is 4th but I saw him a couple times and if I had one on-cart I would have used him too! I usually love to use overlooked / nichemons in these competitions so I laughed when I saw I had 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th (and all their move sets were the most popular options) but hey I had to throw my team together in an afternoon! Judging by the stats on Murkrow, I think I may have been the only one to use Swagger (of 10 people using him at all) so that's something haha.

Went 20-10, good for #445 worldwide, and exactly #50 in the U.S. I wouldn't have done my last three battles if I'd realized how high the 1670s would have landed me, but I was having fun with the team and played out a pretty disastrous final three games, including losing to a low-ranked opponent with a Minimize Clefable (my bad). I only remember one disconnect in a game I was winning.

Anyway, this was really thrown together; I did no testing and somehow actually missed that Metagross was still allowed. Had I thought about it, I would've brought something that looked a lot more similar to a very meta Special Season 11 team.

That said, here's something I call the 1617 dream:

upload_2015-11-24_23-16-21.png

It should become obvious fairly quickly that I barely had an answer for Metagross and had to hope and pray with Dragalge and support whenever Altaria showed up. Oops.

Last edited:
7th in the U.S. and 105 overall. I'm really happy that I was able to make it this far with a Mega Gallade team I've always wanted to try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)