LC Player of the Week 26: majaspic22

majaspic22
Favorite Pokemon: Serperior
Most Used Pokemon: Mienfoo
Known For: LC Open IV Finalist, 6-1 in LCPL​

Tell us a little about yourself.

Well about me, I’m a 17 years old French student in mathematics (best subject ever), and I have a lot of work so I spend less and less time playing, and that’s why I played like 4 teams during the whole LC open. Mathematics is one of my passion, I love how a science can be so amazing, so well-built!

How and when did you get your start in LC? Do you remember your first team?

I started playing lc one year before xy iirc, I played bw lc a lot, but in a French little community where I learnt all the basis of the build, found some good players like Maomiraeniya, Holiano and Artemis Fowl… Then I began going to the French room, and then I discovered smogon, making a disappointing 1 point in my first slam (in BW RU, I lost 2-0 to pokebasket in lc open). I was playing all the low tiers in BW, but then in XY I decided to concentrate on UU, and I played LC during tite-krow metagame, a cool one. Then I made a good performance in a tour hosted by QuoteCS (winning against imanalt, dcae), and then stopped playing for a while, concentrating on UU. But then I made round 3 of lc slam, thanks to Maomiraeniya teams, losing to silentverse. Then I decided to in to splc, and played for scrubs, because I wanted to play BW LC, but during the summer, I decided to play oras lc, and this was an interesting tier, and so I decided to try to improve in this tier. My first team was subsd snover, scarf smoochum, ponyta (with morning sun) scraggy dragon dance, sash abra and def foo.

What is your favorite aspect of LC?

My favorite aspect of LC is the balance of the tier, and also the mons, I like playing lvl 5 mons. But I really prefer how LC is a balanced tier, while some other tiers are too match-up based, in LC match-up isn’t that much of a thing. Obviously sometimes you have an awful match-up, that’s just a bad probability (or a bad build). I like also the different playstyles, that’s a tier where you can play either ho or stall

Most underrated thing in LC in your opinion?

Well I would say agility porygon. That’s an huge threat, an incredible strength, the ability to wallbreak like a God. I don’t know how much slam game I won thanks to it, this thing is not usually played, but it’s so godlike!

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Level: 5
EVs: 40 Def / 240 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Recover
- Agility

This is clearly the most underrated thing at the moment in the tier, it’s such a threat, only few mons can deal with it, especially when you build something around it.

Most overrated thing in LC in your opinion?

Honestly, I don’t see anything overrated, especially now, teams are getting more and more standard, but innovations are still strong enough to be worth using.

If you could change something about the current metagame, what would you change?

Well honestly, I was a pro diglett ban, because it has clearly an incredible power, but I understand that you need courage/good plays to make some ballsy traps, and it’s high risk high reward. But with the development of voltturns, or even with u-turn fletchling in bird offense, it’s easy to trap the bird counter and then to slaughter the opposite team. This might be a bit excessive, because diglett has drawbacks, but I feel like it can be an incredible mon, and be dangerous for the tier. I don’t see any other potential suspect.

About BW LC, I’m so happy about murkrow ban! Even if the tier will remain an offensive tier, a tier where scraggy rules, I think that murkrow meta was clearly unbalanced, that was awful playing against a mon that have such a good movepool, that is so versatile…

Are there certain LC players that you look up to or respect?

Well honestly, even if I’m a bit go-it-alone, since the room where i spend more time in is the French one, I have a lot of respect for all the lc players, because the community is really cool. First a big thanks to Ray Jay for giving me his confidence, and a spot on an incredible team, scrubs was a really cool team, and a big shoutout to all the scrubs, you all rock! Also a big thanks to QuoteCS for buying me for lcpl, and giving me a spot on the team, that was a really cool lcpl and I’m proud we won it.

Any advice for new LC players?

To all new players: believe in your talent, work to improve yourself, and you’ll succeed. Also, play something solid, but something that fits you, if you feel like a sample team is not your style, do not play it and find another team that you’ll like.

Do you have a team you'd be willing to share with us?

The team I’m sharing today is the team I used in lcpl final against heysup, ending in a lucky match, but this team is really solid. I like how it is a bird offense, but that I adapted to my playstyle. I’m using two birds, vullaby and fletchling. Vullaby can deal great damage, and flecthling can be a late game sweeper. Also I wanted to have a birdcheck, chinchou, I needed a spinner, drilbur, and I wanted a fast def taunt foo to be less stall weak. The ponyta is here to check physical threats.
Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 200 Atk / 12 Def / 40 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

Last edited:
How'd you prepare for LC open, what was your mentality going into finals?
any cool techs/sets you'd like to share?

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Comment est la vie en France ? Vivez-vous pres de Paris ?

Pourquoi la Serperior vos Pokemon preferes ?

Est mon francais correct ? Je suis en train de l'apprendre

Last edited by a moderator:
Penses-tu qu'on devrait renommer le LC "Drifloon's tiers" ?
Combien as-tu volé de matchs pour faire 5-1 ? 5 ou 6 ?
Pourquoi "22" ? C'est ta moyenne générale ou juste en maths ?

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Lol i remember playing you in a couple of tours here and there, you always gave a good fight, nice to see youre reaching far in tours!
Keep it up 8)

Last edited:
How'd you prepare for LC open, what was your mentality going into finals?
any cool techs/sets you'd like to share?
i was an outsider, but i had slight chances to make it, so i tried to play my best, i prepared almost every match, checking teams and plays. In finals, i know i was playing with my round 1 opponent the most difficult opponents of my run, so i played it cool, a random guy lucked my game 1, and then i played not well enough game 2.
the only cool set i used was porygon agility, my build around it is probably my best, i played a diglett pursuit (idea of Leftiez) to trap gastly on my belly drum team

Comment est la vie en France ? Vivez-vous pres de Paris ?

Pourquoi la Serperior vos Pokemon preferes ?

Est mon francais correct ? Je suis en train de l'apprendre
I'm living in paris atm, but i am concentrated on my studies, it's difficult but so cool
I like serperior style, its colours, rly cool mon
Your french is probably as correct as my english. The second question is inccorrect, "Pourquoi serperior est votre/ton pokemon préféré" "Est ce que mon français est correct". In french "en train de" is way more restrictive than the "be+ing" english, we'll use en train de when we are doing it at the moment, so last sentence would be "J'apprends le français".
But that's understandable, that's the most important thing. Then practice will make perfect.
Favourite lc metagame or gen?
tmct ?
The more i play BW the more i think this is the more skilled tier since it's very violent, and you lose if you don't think every turn correctly. But i liked tite krow too
mqf (moins que firnen)
Thoughts on Tynamo's Dynamos?
scrubs rules, every one in this team rocks, honestly that was such a good time !
How do you pronounce majaspic
ma like mama, ja like jamaica, sp like casper, ic like bic
t'as vu la célébrité et tout et tout !
Penses-tu qu'on devrait renommer le LC "Drifloon's tiers" ?
Combien as-tu volé de matchs pour faire 5-1 ? 5 ou 6 ?
Pourquoi "22" ? C'est ta moyenne générale ou juste en maths ?
Fanatique de drifloon...
J'en ai juste volé 2
J'ai plus 22 en maths, nombre fétiche.
seconding. do you think you'd be as involved in lc if you werent on the team?
Honestly i think i would still play LC, but without scrubs i would probably be more a UU than a LC player, i clearly learned lots of things in splc, and i decided to involve myself in the tier then
Lol i remember playing you in a couple of tours here and there, you lways gave a good fight, nice to see youre reaching far in tours!
Keep it up 8)
I think i didn't won once an official match against you, even if i faced you several times. i hope to see you in another tour, you are a great player !

Also i'm 6-1 in lcpl i won against sweep heysup water drone*2 madoka and eternal spirit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)