Project NU Teambuilding Competition [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the dual swift swim on team 3 so I'll vote for that one. I'd probably give Kabutops knock off > stone edge though.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
And in a stunning landslide, team 3 takes this week, making SilverReaper21 this rounds winner! Be sure to tell him congrats.

Time for round 12:
+

Two offensive monsters in NU right now who cover each others weaknesses well, while also having a variety of viable sets they can run, meaning they can be quite customizable in what role they accomplish on a team. The two also fit well on both offense and balance so I expect to see some heat this round. You'll have until Sunday to submit a team, be sure to follow the rules in the OP. Good luck!

Rapture

I got so much time today
Voting time is here!

Team 1

Haunter @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect Type

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Seed Bomb

ok fam tbh i just was like what can i make work in this meta. my first thought went to haunter because its like a cool and underrated pokemon in this metagame, and then the rest of the team kind of went "bada bing, bada boom" and fell into place. Piloswine is a cool rocker, Offensive Mega Audino is a great set that lures in steel types for the other memebers of this team. SD Shiftry is amazing in this meta as there is little to no answers to this mon on defensive teams. floatzel is amazing as well with a great speed tier and the ability to hit hard. archeops lures in stuff like ferroseed w/ heat wave and just hits hard, and there is the team.

Team 2

Archeops
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aqua Tail

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Frustration
- Substitute

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog
- Tailwind

So, this team. Just a little fun offensive team I threw together around this round's core, Archeops/Shiftry. A fairly standard Archeops, though I chose Aqua Tail to help wear down Rhydon so that Magmortar and Klinklang can have easier times, and I don't really want to give a DD/RP Rhydon any completely free turns on this team. A fairly standard Shiftry as well, though I eventually decided on Explosion after I put Swanna on this team. Explosion helps to wear down or KO Gurdurr and Garbodor for Klinklang, Hariyama for both Klinklang and Magmortar, and just pick off most of it's typical checks in general.

As for team member 3, Mesprit is a popular and splashable Pokemon, and on this team it's no exception. Malamar check, sets rocks, and of course most importantly of all, checks Fighting types such as Sawk and Gurdurr. Colbur Berry even allows it to beat things such as Shiftry and Liepard 1v1. Spread is enough speed for Garbodor and rest in bulk, allowing it to check said Pokemon more effectively.

My next choice was AV Magmortar, as it brings a strong special attacker that also checks Lilligant, Vileplume, opposing Fire types, pesky Rotoms for Archeops and the incredibly threatening Ice types in NU that this team was looking a bit weak to. Fairly standard moves, and the speed catches max speed modest Claydol, and also creeping the 240 benchmark of other AV Magmortars to win 1v1 with Earthquake, as well as being faster than opposing Skuntank, Klinklang, and anything else trying to outspeed standard AV Magmortar.

For the 5th member of this team I decided upon Klinklang, as it allows me to beat otherwise very threatening Mega Audino and Musharna. It's obviously able to be taken out by an Audino carrying Fire Blast, but more offensive Audino are much more easily managed with this team than a standard CroDino, which doesn't fear much from the rest of my team, or even a defensive variant which walls everything else. Once again I have crept the 240 benchmark by a few points which is always useful to do, allowing it to do things like potentially pick off opposing AV Magmortar or beat other Klinklang 1v1. Klinklang synergizes well with this team offensively as most of this team shares checks with it that either they or Klinklang can wear down for the other one to win the game. Most notably I'd say is Lanturn, which can loosely check Archeops, check Magmortar, and wall Swanna for days, but because of it's lack of reliable recovery it's never going to be capable of doing half that. Klinklang also just nicely checks a variety of Pokemon such as opposing Archeops and Tauros which have an advantageous match-up vs this team especially if they manage to win a speed tie... which brings me to the final member of my team.

Swanna isn't a very commonly used Pokemon in NU, but for this team it fit what I wanted/needed, giving me a second Water resistance, a check to fighting types, and a decent speed tier to beat out things such as Primeape and Jynx, which could become a lot more annoying otherwise since the only faster Pokemon is Archeops on this team else-wise. It adds a cool little Flying spam aspect to the team as well, potentially helping to wear down certain Flying resistances. Scald and Hurricane provide solid offensive STABs, Scald being chosen over Surf to wear down things with burns. Defog allows me to make Shiftry carry Explosion and covers my weakness to Stealth Rock, also being capable of forcing out/beating most rock setters. Finally I decided on Tailwind over Roost, as in my past experiences Swanna has been too frail to roost on most Pokemon, and it adds a really fun and useful speed control to beat fast opposing Pokemon and allow my some of my slower, powerful Pokemon such as Magmortar to beat a lot of offensive checks/things that would otherwise revenge-kill.

Team 3

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Hurricane

Archeops
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake / Flame Charge

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

I wanted to build around Nasty Plot Shiftry because I've been hyping that up since Shiftry's return to NU. Nasty Plot boosts Shiftry's decent Special Attack to great levels, making it a good sweeper once all it's checks and counters are gone. Giga Drain is powerful after a +2 and helps recover Life Orb recoil. Dark Pulse is standard special Dark type move, and Hurricane is here to smack Fighting types and Grass types, although the accuracy can be an issue. Archeops was added to complete the core of Tree + Chops. Chops decimates stuff, like it always does. It's also really nice with NP Tree as Shiftry enjoys Archeop's wallbreaking. Overall, TreeChops is a really nice core that I probably would've missed if it wasn't the topic this competition. :) I love Rhydon so much lol. With it's bulk it checks so much, and it sets up Rocks like a boss. I added him even though he stacked types because the way he checks Fires, Flyings, and lives almost anything is too good to miss. Also the core is a bit weak to Electrics (Although Tree wrecks Lanturn) so Rhydon fit the bill neatly. Megahorn is to check Malamar. Magmortar was added as another wallbreaker that also helps the team by slurping up Sleep Powders and hurting Grass types and Bug types. Thanks to it's wallbreaking power, it benefits NP Tree as well, and I sort of needed a realiable Steel counter, so here is Magmortar. The fourth slot is up to your opinion, I like EQ because of more coverage, while Flame Charge makes Mag very hard to revenge kill. Obligitory Fighting check is here! While I could've chosen Musharna, I personally prefer Mesprit because of her power right off the bat. Offensive CM Mesprit is my favorite Mesprit set, as it's a very good sweeper that often goes unnoticed. Even without CM Mesprit hits decently hard with it's coverage. I like EBall Mesprit as I needed another Ground check (Mostly a Rhydon check) and killing unsuspecting Quagsire is always fun. I needed hazard support, and I also needed something to take special hits, so AV Hitmonchan was a perfect fit. Hitmonchan combines hazard removal, offensive presence, and special bulk in one set, and I love it! It also checks Dark types, which my team was pretty weak to up to that point, so that's always nice. Rapid Spin is very helpful as my team is pretty weak to Stealth Rock (Well, only really Chops and Magmortar, but it's always nice to have hazards off the field). That's the team! I really like it as it's pretty effective on the ladder, especially as it uses some rather underrated sets, like offensive Calm Mind Mesprit and Nasty Plot Shiftry. I don't really see too much weaknesses except for a Water weakness if Shiftry's dead, and a bit of a Psychic weakness. (Musharna with Signal Beam mainly) I hope you enjoy the team and I also hope it wins! XD

Team 4

Archeops
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
- Roost

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Lanturn @ leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

So Archeops's set isn't anything special, the only noticeable thing that could be "weird" is HP grass but i have it so the team isn't too weak to quagsire which could have been a problem. Shiftry is nothing special either i have defog over explosion so i had a reliable defogger and i have LO to help boost the power of leaf storm. My next poke is lanturn, lanturn fits on this team very well, it provides heal bell and Twave support while covering both archeops and shiftry's weaknesses, the speed ev's are to outspeed adamant rhydon and put the rest in bulk, the defense ev's are to help it take on EQ's form magmorotr better. my next poke is mesprit, mesprit provided pivot, healing wish, a fighting checkground immunity, and a soft check to tauros was great for the team andworked well with both shiftry and lanturn. Next is garbodor, me and my friend (Tennis :D) noticed i had a fighting weakness so we added garbodor for the toic immunity, hazards, and a reliable fighting check/counter. now my next ==and final poke is magmortor, i wanted a bulky fire type that could take on jynx and other ice types and was a hard hitter as well, mag filled this entirely, i have flame charge to give it more sweeping potential and could hel it outspeed some fast threats like mesprit and sawk.

Team 5

Archeops
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Shiftry @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Signal Beam
- Psychic
- Earth Power

OK so I really wanted to build offense because it is by far the most effective team archetype right now. I figured SD Shiftry is a really solid wincon so I decided I'd build with that over the, imo, shaky Defog set. I went with Lum > Life Orb to give me setup opportunities vs bulky Waters with Scald and the ability to revenge Rotom safely. Oh and Lum beats broken mush. I threw Heat Wave onto Standard Offensive Chops cause it does a good job at luring Ferroseed for Shiftry. Pilo was a great choice for a rocker so I don't get COMPLETELY destroyed by Lead Nasty Plot Jynx and extra priority on offense is super appreciated. Garb was a good choice as my Sawk answer and it beats Klinklang. TSpikes support from it also goes great with Fake Out Hariyama who I chose because I was weak to Flame Charge Mag and Floatzel. Claydol rounds out the team by giving me a Malamar check, another mon that could live a CC from Sawk, and my main way of beating opposing teams with TSpikes.

Ok, lots of submissions provided by Disjunction metaphysical BrandonBeast Mar1onette and blaziken1337. Voting ends on Thursday
Also, one thing I'd like to see more of is the reasoning behind your vote. Some commentary on what you like and don't like (In a positive manner of course) about a team is good to see. Of course, this is totally voluntary, just something I'd thought I would bring up. In any case, happy voting!

Last edited:
Pretty dope submissions this time around, happy to see some lesser used stuff. Voting for team 2 although 1 is a close second. I enjoy the flying spam aspect and having defog on Swanna. Shiftry's explosion isn't a free kill but it damn near is on anything that isn't especially bulky. It looks like a team that can keep up plenty of offensive pressure and I like that in a team.

just gonna casually note that on team 3 that Shiftry is missing 252 evs

My vote is for Team 4, though I personally would change a few spreads around, mainly giving FC Mag enough speed to outspeed Swellow (216 speed iirc).
also ew shiny magmortar is gross

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
just gonna casually note that on team 3 that Shiftry is missing 252 evs

My vote is for Team 4, though I personally would change a few spreads around, mainly giving FC Mag enough speed to outspeed Swellow (216 speed iirc).
also ew shiny magmortar is gross
Facepalm, thanks for noticing that, now I know why I couldn't outspeed all those Adamant 80's...

Rapture

I got so much time today
Three must be a lucky number because team 3 submitted by BrandonBeast has won this week so give him a round of applause!

Also I'm holding off on starting the next round until Monday so that people have a chance to adjust to the new drops we got today. In the meantime, Kiyo has kindly agreed to record with the winning team for this and the upcoming rounds so be on the lookout for when that is posted.

Rapture

I got so much time today
Hi, here is this rounds "core"

With an amazing speed tier and solid movepool, Sceptile's reintroduction into NU has made it one the most dynamic threats in the current metagame with it being able to run a variety of moves to handle its checks and counters, leaving a lot of room for creativity. You'll have until Thursday to PM me teams, good luck building!

Rapture

I got so much time today
The time to vote has arrived folks

Team 1

Sceptile
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Endeavor

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

I started off with SD Sceptile, who is a beast right now who can pretty easily sweep teams that aren't prepared (grass spam, anyone?). It has kind of the normal moveset with SD to set up and Leaf Blade as STAB. EQ hits fire and poison types not named Weezing and Vileplume, the latter of which is hit by Acrobatics. To strengthen Acro there is no item. next is another one of the drops, Steelix, who provides rocks, a nice normal resist, as well as checking things Sceptile is weak to. looking at the core, ice types shred it, especially Sash Jynx, but fire types can be put on hold since Sceptile outspeeds and kills w/ EQ.
Magmortar makes a nice Ice resist, as well as providing another threatening sweeper thanks to Flame Charge. Seeing no fighting resists on the team, and Sceptile is still threatening, I choose Weezing because it can deal with these reliably. Mostly obvoius set, but T-Spikes provides a niche on offense as a T-Spikes setter. Then I wanted something to stop fire types from spamming their moves, as well as a rapid spinner, but also something that can set up and sweep as well, so SD Kabutops was chosen for this. Lastly, another fighting check was needed, but an offensive one. Vivillon is perfect for this, especially with Endeavor it can sweep entire teams from the get go.

Team 2

Sceptile @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge

Mesprit @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

Hitmonchan @ Fist Plate
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

So first of all, Sceptile = ❤. So the set for sceptile is around sub unburden petaya berry, i chose petaya berry because i want sceptile to have as much power as possible and when it does eat the petaya berry itll get a speed boost that could help it outspeed scarfers/swellow. I have energy ball over giga drain/leaf storm because giga drain could mess with getting the petaya berry and leaf storm could force sceptile to switch after getting the unburden and petaya berry. I'm running hp ice for scyther, torterra, vivillon, rotom-fan, etc. and focus blast is for additional coverage and specifically hits pokes additional pokes like ferroseed and steelix. Max speed max spa, hp for getting petaya berry. Lanturn is my spd wall, it takes on most of septile's weaknesses and pairs well with it, provides scald, t-wave, and heal bell support and pivot. The speed ev's are to outspeed adamant rhydon and the defense ev's are to take EQ'd from mag better, than the rest of the ev's are into bulk. Rotom-Fan is my physical wall to help me take on fighting types like hariyama and sawk and pairs well with lanturn while proving more pivot, and will-o, (and provides air slash flinch spam ❤) My next poke is Magmortor, i wanted a strong bulkyish fire type and magmortor fills that perfectly, i have flame charge to help it outspeed pokes like swellow and other threats. The ev;s are to specifically outspeed swellow after +1 and then the rest is into maxing out its fire power and then the rest is into bulk. My next poke is mesprit because i wanted another ground immunity and gave me another fighting check/counter. Mesprit has a Choice band because i wanted a more physically offensive presence so its not so prone to being walled by physical walls as it would be if it was scarf, im running fire punch to hit steel types like steelix and ferroseed and u-turn for even more pivot. My last and final poke is hitmonchan, i chose hitmonchan because i wanted a fighting type to help take on dark types and a spinner and hitmonchan fulfills this while giving me priority in the form of mach punch, im running fist plate because i want mach punch and drain punch to be as strong as possible and im running drain punch over HJL because i want hitmonchan to have some more staying power to spin hazards off the field.

Team 3

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind

Sceptile
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 136 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb / Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Signal Beam
- Hydro Pump

I built this team around the thought of using SD Sceptile. I used Mega Audino's offensive set to lure things like Steelix, Weezing, and Ferroseed which SD Sceptile struggle to muscle past. Xatu is a Sceptile Check. Thunder Wave is good for slowing Pokemon down for Audino to put in more work. I chose the pivot set over the Calm Mind set because I valued momentum with U-turn more than I valued a check to Mega Audino. My Steelix checks Mega Audino anyways, as well as Musharna which has lots of setup opportunites against my team. Hariyama is my fire type check and general special type check. Lanturn is a soft fire check, volt switch user, Malamar check, and Mantine check. Mantine gets plenty of switch in opportunities against my Steelix so that's why Lanturn is cool to have with Steelix. Water Absorb is probably better than Volt absorb on this team because Steelix already absorbs electric type attacks and Lanturn is going to be switching into Scald quite a bit. I'll leave you to decide which ability you want to use because they're both good on this team.

Team 4

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Iron Head

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Will-O-Wisp

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 96 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic

Sceptile and Steelix are the main core from this team. Rock Polish Steelix can (if the team is rightly build around it) do some serious damage with Sheer Force Life Orb boosted Iron head. Crunch is mainly to hit rotom hard. I have chosen Sub Sceptile so bulky mons lare not able Thunder Wave you when they have survived a hit from you, most of the bulky pokémons in the tier that are able to survive a hit from Sceptile are not able to break the Subsitute. Rotom-Fan is my offensive check to Sceptile, since it resists Sceptile's stab move and it's only able to hit you with Hidden Power Ice what's not a OHKO even after Stealth Rock damage. Hidden Power Water is mainly to hit Rhydon, then people say why not use HP Grass? Well mainly because HP Water is also able to hit Steelix for super effective damage. 252 SpA Expert Belt Rotom-S Hidden Power Water vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Steelix: 163-192 (46 - 54.2%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
Mesprit is pretty standard and self explaining Defensive Pivot with Stealth rock and my switch in to Fightning types. Skuntank is there since this team now comepletely loses to Barrier CM Musharna and other bulky Psychic types, Mega-Audino was also a pain when it was offensive 3 attacks since it had a huge chance to OHKO offensive Steelix with Fire Blast with rocks on the field. 252+ SpA Mega Audino Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Steelix: 270-318 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. With Skuntank on the team those problems are solved. For the last mon I needed something that is able to switch in on water types since my only resist was sceptile which does not like to switch in to a strong water move anyway and it's pretty easy to predict. Mantine was my choice since it's also able to switch in to any water move (even scald) since water absorb and it gives my team also Hazard Removal which is always nice. Toxic is mainly as secondary check to Barrier Musharna if something happens with Skuntank.

Thanks to Chef Rice XenoTech N Mar1onette and Jarii for providing this round teams! You have until Monday to vote, may the best man win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)