Gen 5 SLAM CLAM (1k post :D!!)

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Hello its me, Vileman, here to show you all one of my favorite teams of all time: SLAM CLAM, which is meant to be played in the black & white 2 little cup format. I'd say the team itself is pretty original, not using common strats such as sandrush or mons like missy and krow(rip). The team had quite a big success back in lost cave 2 where i was able to play and win vs the top players of that time (fuk Al_Alchemist poison touch croagunk tho 9.9) and other stuff like lcpl. Anyways, onto the team:

FIRST LOOK:

Format is pretty clear, mienfoo is a general utility mon that checks stuff like pawn, snover, scraggy, etc. Pawn gives strong priority and a second wincon, foongus checks fightmons and gives a kill per game with spore, chinchou is primarly for murkrow(who now is gone so im open to change it!!) and an ice resist is always nice, wynaut traps stuff and gives clamperl set up opportunities with encore, or just deals with stuff like scarf snover who can be annoying for the team. And of course, clamperl can work as an early game wallbreaker with his insanely strong hits, or can sweep late game after a shell smash.

A closer look into each mon:

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
Standard mienfoo set, i like defensive on this team so it has a better chance of dealing with scrafty and pawn consistently, drain punch is stab which also gives recovery which is nice, u-turn to gain momemtum, fake out for some chip damage and potential revenge killing vs weakened mons, and knock off for general support for the team (mainly for misdreavus).

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
Sub pawn is funny to use, it can get some nice set up opportunities vs stuff like porygon, non hp foongus, snover, etc. Sucker punch and iron head do the work for pawn, i sometimes miss brick break but the stuff thats hit by it are covered by the rest of the team. Eviolite with 76 evs in hp for some decent bulk so sub actually lives vs the stuff i listed, and the moveset is self explanatory.

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 204 HP / 236 Def
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
Foongus is amazing in bw, spore is basically a kill as sleep mechanics in bw are stupid, and when they switch out you can get something paralized with stun spore (helps out clamperl, and helps out wynaut to force the encore into the move you want). Giga drain and sludge bomb are stabs, and the evs are to maximize defense, altho i feel like there might be a better ev spread, when making this team i jsut wanted this to be able to take physical hits the best it could.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 228 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Discharge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Standard restalk set, chinchou gave this team a solid answer to krow (except on like a predicted LO hp grass 9.9). Evs are made precisely for this, scald gets burns and discharge gets paras which is really nice, and his typing helps the team with nice resists, but i feel like now with krow gone this spot could be taken by a better sandrush answer/better snover answer, so feedback would be nice :toast:

Wynaut @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
Wynaut rules, this is well, pretty much the only set it runs (some prefer oran berry over evio, but i like this better). Mirror coat and counter deal double the damage wynaut takes, and with his big hp stat its almost a guaranteed kill, encore forces mons to repeat their moves, so slower support mons will turn into set up fodder for clamperl(free wins lol), and destiny bond is a last resort move, but also helps making the opp use non damaging moves, which you can then encore 8)

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 80 HP / 248 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
The big boss. Clamperl is really, REALLY strong, ohkoing a lot of mons in the metagame even with everything using eviolite, and if it gets a shell smash off only a few can withstand his attacks. Surf ice beam and hp grass give optimal coverage, and shell smash turns it into a potential sweeper. Its worth noting how clamperl isnt supposed to be played as a sweeper per se, as in you shouldn't always be trying to get the smash off, you should be firing off strong attacks to break down the opposing team, abusing the strength deepseatooth gives.

So yeah, thats the team, hope you like it and if you have any suggestions that could improve this team please feel free to post :toast: threatlist would p much be sandrush and snover which can pressure my team a lot ._.

importable:
Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 80 HP / 248 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

Wynaut @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Encore

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 204 HP / 236 Def
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 228 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Discharge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5lc-79567 easy money lcpl this year
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oriserver-lc-42570 haxed by al 9.9
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oriserver-lc-40262
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oriserver-lc-40915 2 close games vs iss
and i swear theres a lot more but replays are too old :pirate: ill be adding them if i get some more

1k post shotouts!!:
Little cup boyz:
Mambo Jac OP absdaddy kingmidas ThatCrazyRussian Rowan QuoteCS macle mad0ka H&MBerkeley dcae (got me into lc along with (makeup) :3! He sucks now tho lolz) Corporal Levi blarajan Coconut. Fiend TUO Max Carvalho Tahu dsr95 Superpowerdude Melonz RZL Star. Caledrith (miss u :( )youre all great, lc community is awesome and im very glad lc is in spl this year :toast:

NU boyz:
Teddeh iplaytennislol Raseri Disjunction ryan HJAD Can-Eh-Dian QueenOfLuvdiscs Realistic Waters Zebraiken boltsandbombers metaphysical and ok fine ill even give Kiyo a shotout 8) good thing i got to win nu open so i could meet all of you :heart:

hispanic community:
straw hats:

Pandora/misc:
Hinamaru Pines Slayer95 , gracias a ambos por la oportunidad que me han dado de ser & a pesar de no hacer nada, lol 8), Sken = noob , SweetPosho (aunque me hagas ir (puke) igual en el fondo te estimo) , Der Schweinsteiger CyberOdin davidness Ken Valbrandur aka rigo, Leo Calderón Lolazo Reaper200 Zing V8RWARCT Toudou Heisuke, NicoReaper , MunicipalWaste/lucho, 0riginal, lycans, CH Kelverian, J&CTheFlygon, Me Odia, Scangel, y probablemente muchos mas que mi mala memoria no recuerda:pirate:
os amo a todos :D

Other cool ppl:
Fortune one of my bff in smogon, great guy and great player, i know youll get the recognision you want anytime soon bro keep it up, and the rest of wdff which are cool ppl Geotal North
Kingler12345 another bff, really cool and fun guy to mess around with, glad uve been kicking butt in tours, maybe someday youll even beat me haha
Professor Oak Jr. , Chinlar , @Gamebreaker or w/e alt u use here, EimP Nickoopa Crash Your Face etc basically all my parukia homies: love ya all, thanks for being awesome :D
ever grande pigs

ZoroarkForever great battle and friend, lov u bro 8)
steelphoenix glad u got to be one of the best uber players in this site, knew u were something when i first faced you back in oriserver 8)
Krauersaut the other tier champion, youre a cool man and good friend just try to make less drama :heart:
Lord Outrage same
ill someday be as nice and good as Iris
Fireburn Sweep are both cute, great users
DracoMaster Dab xd
Chakra Arifeen all falls down Ashaury CrazyClown94 Vanitas Felicette Finnyfinfin ForgottenOnes jd4564 Nineage piikachuu Tailz The TurtleLord Zukushiku Kammi aka ppl from amethyst/other (bad) servers : youre all fun and great ppl :D
baril community: GOAO. Disenchanted KratosMana silverghost etc , love my (monkey)s
ppl from all the way back in pokelab:
Imanalt Iminyourcloset Crona Serioussss NMx13 ShootingStarmie Mizuhime aka shuckieee, lol phoopes or we his nick is now,wilde32 etc, pokelab was hella fun lov u all

love my friends from scRUb league too jacob and Genesis7
and last but not least, my inspiration as a user, pokemon player, and person: praj.pran

if youre my friend and i forgot you im truly sorry :pirate: this was a lot of ppl

5 years to make 1000 posts lol, this has been really fun, and altho i keep saying ill quit i think ive got plenty of time left in this site :D
pce ☚(゚゚☚)

Last edited:

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Ooh, you're so kind *blush* but LC makes me go (puke)

Great team, nothing I would change(since I'm bad at LC) and grats for your 1k posts :pimp:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm somewhat awful at BW LC, so take this suggestion with a helping of salt:

Chinchou is less important as you noted, and is a momentum sink which only offers stopping Volt Switches and spreading status. You noted that better counters to Snover and Dual Rush would be enjoyed, and Bronzor fits the bill for both while applying pressure to slower teams. I'd recommend CM / Rest / Sleep Talk / Flash Cannon to give Bronzor longevity and make it threatening while removing annoying status more often. However the standard Recycle set should also be adequate and provides more immediate ability to deal with other pokemon.

CroZor

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Flash Cannon

====

Recycle

Bronzor @ Oran Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 68 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Flash Cannon

Also run 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe on Pawniard; it gives you better rolls versus random stuff and your subs have the same HP.
Bye fren!:mad:

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Thanks for the rate! Bronzor actually fits quite well in my team in theory, ill get into testing it as soon as i can

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, happy 1k! Been a super long time since our Black and White days ha ha

OK first off, I love this team, its a classic. One thing I think you might have trouble with however is Scarf Misdreavus, which with Murkrow gone I think may or may not rise in popularity (I like it so w/e). Misdreavus simply powers through your team in general, with your only real "check" being Pawniard. You straight up lose to something like LO + Sub, or NP + Sub, SpecsMissy takes a dump on you, and Scarf Missy is probably the worst since you can even lose Clamperl to it, being outsped. You can't really check it with Wynaut either, since you cannot trap it at all, and its a 50/50 on if you guess the correct set (if its specs / scarf then you MIGHT win with Mirror Coat, but if it carries Sub it bodies you and you just lose. I don't really think that Chinchou is doing anything this game. I honestly think that tacking on Eviolite Houndour would be fairly useful on this team. I'll drop the set down below. Houndour gives you nice options to both Missy and Scarf Snover, allowing you to Pursuit trap both and take care of them. With a spread of 156 / 196 you are 2hkoed 0.4% of the time by Misdreavus HP Fight, which gives you a little wiggle room to switch in easily. You Pursuit trap it and always OHKO Scarf / LO / Specs sets with a bit of chip damage (which is likely to happen if it switches in on something like Mienfoo. ) Standard Eviolite Misdreavus is tougher for Houndour to deal with but in consequence isn't a huge threat to your team at all, since it cannot just outright sweep through (it can really only eliminate a few things and bait in a few things to clear the way for other mons). Eviolite Houndour also deals with Snover pretty well, which is nice. The double dark core is still really effective even in BW LC, and it also does not suck up momentum like resttalk chou does. The only issue you might find is now things like NP Vullaby or the really rare Mantyke might be troublesome, but I don't think that it should be too much of an issue. I really hope this helped your team out, and you better not fucking try to quit again. We need to have XY stories in conjunction with out BW tales.

Houndour @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 36 SpA / 196 SpD / 76 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)