General Introduce yourself!

Hi Amphix, welcome to the forums! Why didn't you introduce yourself earlier?! You haven't ever taken part in a competitive battle? Smogon is definitely the right place for such things. Do you battle on Wi-Fi? If yes, check out the Battle Requests subforum. I saw your post in my giveaway thread. Don't worry, I'll get to it soon. Oh, and if you need help completing your Pokedex on Omega Ruby, let me know and perhaps I can help you out.

See you around, and let me know when you have any questions :)
Ah all sorts! I just started a new job that requires me to work from 11pm - 7am so I'd stopped playing for a little while. I've done a couple of wi-fi battles, not a lot though, will definitely have to try some more! That would be amazing if you could help! I'm still a while off and doing a lot of leveling up & catching rather than just trading but I think I'm going to struggle with some of the event pokemon and some legendaries.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

What's up fam (assuming you use that word since you're from London). Can you tell me some more about your history in Pokémon? Did you really get interested in playing by the current OU suspect test? Or is that only competitive-wise? Let me know, I'm quite curious.
i used to ladder quite a bit but stopped. i was okay

Hello!~
I am God Arceus,I used to be a member of pokemonelite2000 forums as well as a member of Pokemon Crossroads.I have been out of competitive for a while but have recently been inspired to play again.If anyone wants to help me learn the new meta for OU that would be lovely.I have a couple team ideas but nothing really set in stone.
I'm on showdown as SIMSIMSALAMENCE.
I'm looking for friends and to relearn the game I love.
Don't be a stranger.

Hello!~
I am God Arceus,I used to be a member of pokemonelite2000 forums as well as a member of Pokemon Crossroads.I have been out of competitive for a while but have recently been inspired to play again.If anyone wants to help me learn the new meta for OU that would be lovely.I have a couple team ideas but nothing really set in stone.
Don't be a stranger.
Hey God Arceus, welcome to Smogon. I've also been a member of both Pokemon Elite 2000 and Pokemon Crossroads. For how long have you been out of competitive play? I personally kind of stopped playing competitively when DPPt came out. When Generation VI got announced I wanted to get back into it, but it was really hard to get back into it. But I started to delve into Generation IV and V and gradually started to understand more and more of the recent mechanics. Nowadays I know pretty much everything about competitive battling in Generation VI, and I'd love playing. If you have any specific questions regarding todays OU metagame, just shoot me a PM :)

Hello!~
Don't be a stranger.
Hey, man. I'm also an old fossil relearning the game. I studied some of the resources at the 'ORAS OU' subforum, and it seems like I am getting back on track, so I definitely recommend doing that. I especially recommend the 'OU Viability Ranking' thread to identify the key Pokemon of the tier, and the 'ORAS OU Sample Teams' thread so you experience the tier firsthand right away.

I started actually playing on the ladder around a week ago, so I'm still trying out new ideas and am definitely up if you need help playtesting or just want to bounce off ideas.

I'm also Frogmite in Showdown, if you need anything. Good luck!

Hello!~
Don't be a stranger.
I was actually a site editor for pokemon crossroads then I decided to step down. I can help you out with re learning the pokemon game and give some tips and friendly advice if you want. Feel free to let me know. There are plenty of people on the site that can help you out. Hope you enjoy your time on smogon and if you need some team advice on showdown let me know.
Hey there. This is my first post on the forums! I've had an account since earlier this year but I've just lurked around.

Currently I'm trying to complete my national Pokédex on Omega Ruby. I've got a few shinies and some EV trained competitive's (Nothing to brag about) but I've yet to actually take part in a competitive battle. Hopefully soon I'll get round to it.

Anyways hi!
I can help with some competitive battling advice as well. I can also help you with breeding and anything else if you would like. Feel free to let me know Also the wifi forums would be the place to check out for help on getting the national dex completed and I would also be willing to help out with the national dex. Hope youb enjoy your time on smogon.

Hello I'm SC Hazama. I knew Smogon thanks to the PS simulator and since my arrive I started to train to hone my skills of battling. I discovered that many good battlers came here to find opinions and help people and this is my intention. I have experiences of battling even with the continuous battle at the Resort of Hoenn until I got tired and decided to find a better field to fight. I'm always trying to learn. Hope I know new people to interact with

Hello I'm SC Hazama. I knew Smogon thanks to the PS simulator and since my arrive I started to train to hone my skills of battling. I discovered that many good battlers came here to find opinions and help people and this is my intention. I have experiences of battling even with the continuous battle at the Resort of Hoenn until I got tired and decided to find a better field to fight. I'm always trying to learn. Hope I know new people to interact with
Hey dude. You've had an account for a while so that's rather interesting...I to have tons of experience battling. I would also be glad to help you out with anything and would be happy to help you with anything you need. I used to battle a ton on the pokemon showdown simulator and I got better in battling because of the time I spent on pokemon showdown. If you need some opinions I'm here to help and you're more than welcome to ask me for help. Hope you enjoy your time on smogon.

Hey SC Hazama, welcome to Smogon. I see your account isn't new though.. Why haven't you introduced yourself earlier? Or didn't you use your account at all? For me it was actually the other way around - I got to know Pokémon Showdown! via Smogon a bunch of years ago. So, how much do you already know about the competitive side of Pokémon? Have you been into competitive battling for a long time already? Maybe we can do some battles, and if you're still learning the basics and fundamentals, I could give you some tips. Either way, I hope we can face each other one day. On Showdown or Wi-Fi, I don't mind.

If anything forum-wise is still unclear to you, just hit me up and I'll try to clarify. Nice meeting you :)

I'm Kalawishis (on Pokemon Showdown as TheKalawishis) and my favorite Pokemon is Froslass. In all honesty my favorite generation is the 4th, and Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game. I'm a junior in high school, and I play piano at my high school's orchestra. That's pretty much it.

I'm Kalawishis (on Pokemon Showdown as TheKalawishis) and my favorite Pokemon is Froslass. In all honesty my favorite generation is the 4th, and Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game. I'm a junior in high school, and I play piano at my high school's orchestra. That's pretty much it.
I happen to be a senior in high school and I am also in my school orchestra and I also play the violin. I really like generation four as well and it happens to be one of my favorite generation. Plus I enjoyed heartgold and soul silver and my first pokemon game was pokemon diamond. If you need some help with battling I can gladly help you out. I have had years of experience and can help with anything. If you need some help with something let me know. Also good luck on smogon.

Hello Kalawishis, welcome to the site. I also think Froslass is a really majestic Pokemon. At first I didn't even know it was an evolution of Snorunt. I felt so stupid when I found it. Guess it was because I kind of skipped DPPt and BW. But I personally find Glalie cooler (hah), I just don't really like its Mega Evolution. But its Ability does come in really handy. Those Refrigerate Explosions tho. Are there any particular reason(s) you joined Smogon? Looking for any places in particular? I pretty much know all the cool places on the forums, so I can probably show you around.

Hope to see you around, Kala :)

EDIT: Oh, and I play drums. I see potential Pokemon collabs!

hi everybody my name is Fabiola ive been playing pokemon since gen 1 i have used smogon for several things but i found out about showdown from my guild on gamfaqs. so i have been doing some online battling on showown and i like it. i dont really like playing against legendaries unless both sides are using them otherwise its unfair. my likes are spaghetti listening to musicand playing pokemon.

hi everybody my name is Fabiola ive been playing pokemon since gen 1 i have used smogon for several things but i found out about showdown from my guild on gamfaqs. so i have been doing some online battling on showown and i like it. i dont really like playing against legendaries unless both sides are using them otherwise its unfair. my likes are spaghetti listening to musicand playing pokemon.
I still have to finish up my pokemon yellow which hopefully I will get around to soon. I like to cook my own food as of now and I enjoy it a lot. I'm thinking of baking some cookies tomorrow or brownies for a thanksgiving breakfast. I to like pokemon showdown and my friend recommended it me and I improved dramatically in my battles because of pokemon showdown. I would have to disagree with you sadly though on the legendary pokemon side of things. Hope you enjoy your time around smogon if you need something let me know and I will gladly help you out. Enjoy your time on smogon.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've actually been going back and playing my Red version for old time's sake.... Times sure have changed to say the very least. A lot of times, I'll just hop onto Pokemon Showdown to watch battles for fun, though there are times where I will make serious attempts to ladder. I love listening to music. In fact, it's one of the four things I do the most (play Pokemon, play Smash, and go out with my gf being the others) and I'll actually listen to it a lot while posting on Smogon. And spaghetti is tasty. I tend to like a fair few italian foods despite not being italian at all. Go figure lol. Hope you have a good stay here on Smogon. If you need any help or just someone to talk to, don't hesitate to drop a line :)

I can help with some competitive battling advice as well. I can also help you with breeding and anything else if you would like. Feel free to let me know Also the wifi forums would be the place to check out for help on getting the national dex completed and I would also be willing to help out with the national dex. Hope youb enjoy your time on smogon.
Thanks very much! I may PM you soon to ask some advice, I appreciate the offer. I should be okay completing the Dex, I just know I'm going to struggle with some event pkmn such as celebi, jirachi, mew etc. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks!

Hi!

So um, I guess I'll start off by talking about my Pokemonning? I started with Pokemon with GBA, specifically FireRed/LeafGreen. I think I'd say my favourite game is Sapphire, so I'm pretty pumped about ORAS (I haven't gotten it yet). I never had a DS so there was a big gap for me there, I jumped straight from GBA to 3DS with XY. I kind of developed a resentment about being the only person that still used a GameBoy for so many years so I went a bit overboard and got a Pokemon edition XL. I'm usually the type to get whatever the cheapest functional option is. After I get oras I'd like to backtrack to Black/White. My favourite Pokemon is Growlithe.

I've always been a beat the Elite 4 type, I've never even completed a PokeDex. I would keep playing the games after I beat them, but I'd just start a new game over and over. XY brought a lot of conveniences to my Pokemon experience, most notably using the internet, removing the need to have friends nearby. So I held in the back of my mind the idea of getting more serious about it, and now I'm finally starting to look into that. I'm currently on a mission to complete a PokeDex for the first time (in hindsight maybe should've picked a smaller one than Kalos). I looked up a beginner's guide to competitive Pokemon, which is how I found Smogon. I'm hoping to learn about that here, but moreso I'm wanting to make connections. I live in the middle of nowhere with my husband, Eustace Bagge , so online is really the only option I have to get into battling and/or trading with other people.

Non Pokemon wise, I go by Naver. I'm twenty, female, and live in the southern US. My birth pride obligates me to mention I'm not from the South, I'm from Ohio, I just live here presently. I enjoy reading, dogs, hiking, and a medly of creative bulls--I don't know if you cuss here... stuff (writing, drawing, music, etc). I love video games, but I have neither very good internet nor a very good computer so I'm sort of limited in that department. I have a 64, 3DS, an unscrupulous wii I never use, and a PS3. I generally lean towards rpg, character action, horror, and strategy games.

I'm not sure what else I should say or if I've already said too much, so I'll leave it there!

Hi!

So um, I guess I'll start off by talking about my Pokemonning? I started with Pokemon with GBA, specifically FireRed/LeafGreen. I think I'd say my favourite game is Sapphire, so I'm pretty pumped about ORAS (I haven't gotten it yet). I never had a DS so there was a big gap for me there, I jumped straight from GBA to 3DS with XY. I kind of developed a resentment about being the only person that still used a GameBoy for so many years so I went a bit overboard and got a Pokemon edition XL. I'm usually the type to get whatever the cheapest functional option is. After I get oras I'd like to backtrack to Black/White. My favourite Pokemon is Growlithe.

I've always been a beat the Elite 4 type, I've never even completed a PokeDex. I would keep playing the games after I beat them, but I'd just start a new game over and over. XY brought a lot of conveniences to my Pokemon experience, most notably using the internet, removing the need to have friends nearby. So I held in the back of my mind the idea of getting more serious about it, and now I'm finally starting to look into that. I'm currently on a mission to complete a PokeDex for the first time (in hindsight maybe should've picked a smaller one than Kalos). I looked up a beginner's guide to competitive Pokemon, which is how I found Smogon. I'm hoping to learn about that here, but moreso I'm wanting to make connections. I live in the middle of nowhere with my husband, Eustace Bagge , so online is really the only option I have to get into battling and/or trading with other people.

Non Pokemon wise, I go by Naver. I'm twenty, female, and live in the southern US. My birth pride obligates me to mention I'm not from the South, I'm from Ohio, I just live here presently. I enjoy reading, dogs, hiking, and a medly of creative bulls--I don't know if you cuss here... stuff (writing, drawing, music, etc). I love video games, but I have neither very good internet nor a very good computer so I'm sort of limited in that department. I have a 64, 3DS, an unscrupulous wii I never use, and a PS3. I generally lean towards rpg, character action, horror, and strategy games.

I'm not sure what else I should say or if I've already said too much, so I'll leave it there!
What's up Naverwolf, welcome. I personally started with Red/Blue/Yellow, so there's kind of a similarity between us (since you also started with Kanto, basically). I was always hoping that Fire Red/Leaf Green would give access to the Johto region as wel, but unfortunately they didn't. R/S/E is also among my personal favorites. I think Gold is my all time favorite, followed by Emerald and Yellow. And I have to tell you, ORAS is freaking awesome so you better go get it! I skipped DPPt and BW, and I backtracked a while ago. To me they're not as much fun as Generation I-III, but that's where the nostalgic factor plays a big role.

Until I got into ORAS I also never really fully completed my Pokedex. But yeah, ORAS forced me to do it for certain reasons. I experienced it as a long but really fun journey. I encourage you to complete yours as well! And about the competitive aspect; if you're having trouble understanding certain things, just shoot me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, QueBien, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer a PM. These people would definitely not mind helping you, and they know quite a lot about everything Pokémon related. Oh, and they're really friendly, which is also quite important in my opinion.

Nice to meet you Naver, and I hope to see you around :)

Hi!

Fire red and leaf green are great games and generation 3 was a pretty good generation. I personally prefer generation 4 which in my opinion is the best generation. I can gladly help you complete the pokedex as well just feel free to let me know. I also love the n64 I thought it was a great system and te games are amazing on the system. I also see that your learning on competitive Pokemon. I can help you out with any of that as well. I also recommend you check out smogons YouTube channel and the strategy dex. Hope that helps. Enjoy your time on smogon. Happy thanksgiving as well

Whats popping people. I used to use this site and Showdown like a year or 2 ago and visit occasionally during college and coming back fresh. Get ready to see my name on top spots on PU and UU ladder (hopefully). Dont mistake my confidence for arrogance. Im a funny user that likes to laugh and make others laugh. Gen 1er here but my fav is gen 2 . Username on Showdown is View from the 6x and and if you are a good Uber player willing to help average players let me know.
- OvO

Whats popping people. I used to use this site and Showdown like a year or 2 ago and visit occasionally during college and coming back fresh. Get ready to see my name on top spots on PU and UU ladder (hopefully). Dont mistake my confidence for arrogance. Im a funny user that likes to laugh and make others laugh. Gen 1er here but my fav is gen 2 . Username on Showdown is View from the 6x and and if you are a good Uber player willing to help average players let me know.
- OvO
I'm gonna be playing Pokemon yellow on my car ride to my grandmothers for thanksgiving lol. If you would like some help on your quest to latter I can help you. I'm pretty familiar with Uu because of my amazing friend Christian. I can help you with anything else site related. If you need something let me know. Happy thanksgiving mate have a great day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)