ORAS UU Winter is coming

Hello everyone I´m a fairly new player trying to get into pokemon once again. The team peaked a bit below 1500 before the ladder reset and I hope you guys can tell me what I missed to tackle. Thanks for your time

Teambuilding process

I started with a core I took straight from the good cores v3 post

I wanted to support slowkings sweep by adding a cleric/wishpasser

The team was very weak to mega-bee/grass types and needed hazard control

Last but not least a stealthrocker with some offensive presence/volt immunity

In detail

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Rash Nature

-Ice Shard
-Focus Blast
-Blizzard
-Giga Drain

The Purpose of this beauty is to wallbreak and weaken my enemies defensive pokemon. It has really nice synergy with slowking while also checking a lot of imporant mons and being able to kill almost all dragons, mamo etc. The mixed set is also able to break past most steel types with blizzard while still having access to priority ice shard. On top of everything it shits on many bulky waters.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature

- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Slowking has really nice defensive synergy with aboma as it can take fire/steel type attacks for it and check many fighting types (catch that knock off). Thanks to psyshock it can set up on many other cm mons like suicune and beat them 1 vs 1. Regenerator enables slowking to switch in frequently and take hits for the team while still being a wincondition in many cases. Slowking beats nearly everything Florges struggles with, beating every Steel-type in the tier, as well as getting free CMs on Crobat.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Hera is our status absorber/wallbreaker. With a choice band it is able to break past a lot of walls that hinder the rest of the team from winning. It functions exceptionally well against bulky waters but has some trouble against fairies. I´m not too sure about hera here overall as I feel like a better answer to fairies would be nice but I adore the guts boost way too much.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature

- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Regenerator + Wish + Slack Off means Slowking never dies, but florges is here mostly to keep it status-healthy, meaning it aromatherapy's away any Toxic or Burn that may be present on Slowking to stop a CM sweep. In addition, Florges takes Knock Offs and strong Bug-type attacks for Slowking, as well as beating almost every Electric-type in the tier. It also beats the majority of the grass types in the tier barring Roserade and Shaymin with Seed Flare drops.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 168 HP / 104 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

At this point the team looked pretty weak to mega bee and certain grass types so I wanted a better check to them. Psychic moves on shaymin/roserade can still be a problem though. On top of that crobat is my mega-bee check which is also the reason why I run an acrobatics set and 236 speed. Taunt for preventing setup and defog obviously for hazard removal.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

The final member was Krookodile which serves as our stealth rock setter as well as a much needed electric immunity. Pursuit is great to get rid of ghosts that would otherwise trouble slowking and intimidate helps a lot in checking physical attackers and fire spam. Knock is great in order to beat bulky setup sweepers like reuniclus. Initially this spot belonged to nidoqueen but Psychic/ghost were too much of a problem.

That´s basically the team but I know its far from perfect so I hope you can help me out a bit :D If somebody would be crazy enough to try it out I will add Importable etc.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Hi Soviet Onion! Nice team you got there! It's actually pretty good, you know, so don't think it's bad. But it might need a few changes.

The first change I'd recommend is Acrobatics to Brave Bird on Crobat. Unless you're really begging for a Knock Off, Acrobatics with an item on (in this case Black Sludge) is very weak and while Brave Bird adds recoil, the power boost and Roost and Black Sludge recovery make it better all the way.

Another chance I'd recommend, albeit a bit controversial in my mind, is change Heracross to Cobalion. While Cobalion's extra Fighting type and low special defense makes it a shaky Fairy type check at best, you needed a Fairy check so here is Cobalion. Coba can also sweep with Swords Dance, and that helps pressure the opponent's team, and Mega Aboma's wallbreaking makes the sweeping so much easier.

Overall, with these changes, I think your team will be even better than it ever was, and I hope you peak high on the new ladder!

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 168 HP / 104 Atk / 236 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Cobalion @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge / Substitute / Magnet Rise
[/hide

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This seems like a pretty decent balance team but it's honestly quite weak to a couple of threats so I'll try my best to try to fix that while ensuring you're not left too weak to anything you've already covered.
  • OK so first off I'd recommend having no item on Crobat, as Acrobatics + item makes Acrobatics extremely weak and since Crobat having Acrobatics is mainly for Beedrill, there's no reason to make Crobat weaker to Beedrill by having an item to increase the damage taken by Knock Off anyhow.
  • Since the team's quite weak to CM Florges, I recommend having Toxicroak > Heracross. The reason I chose Toxicroak over other Fighting-types with STAB attacks that could hit Fairy-type Pokemon for s/e damage is because Toxicroak provides you with decent wallbreaking power and also provides good fallback for bulky Water-types, especially Suicune, in case Abomasnow is weakened and helps check Feraligatr and Sharpedo. Toxicroak also provides you with another setup sweeper so you can have alternating win conditions if need be. Toxicroak also has access to priority so it helps against the likes of Mega Beedrill.
  • I feel like having Calm > Bold on Florges seems like a decent enough change considering you already have Crobat to take on the majority of the Fighting-types and ensuring Florges is able to take on the likes of Mega Blastoise more easily seems like a better option.
Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

OK so I chose bulky Toxicroak over other sets here because it has to be as healthy as possible to be able to consistently check Feraligatr, Florges, Sharpedo etc. The HP investment helps with that over more offensive sets that utilize its Speed over its bulk. If you feel that a more offensive set works better, however, then feel free to go for it, either would work in all honesty.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
From a quick eye test this team looks solidly built with good synergy. No major changes need to be made for this team to be successful, but of coure, minor tweaks are always possible.

First up, change M-Aboma's EV spread to 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe. Your current spread speed ties Relaxed Swampert, which is odd since Swampert is not touching Aboma, and if you really want creep it, then put 4 more EVs into your speed. This spread creeps uninvested M-Aggron, so you can obliterate it with Focus Blast before it hits you with Steel STAB.

Second, I would suggest a slightly more offensive Crobat spread of 208 HP / 48 Atk / 252 Spe with a Sky Plate > Black Sludge and Brave Bird > Acrobatics. This spread lets you 1) OHKO uninvested Shaymin after Rocks and 2) Max speed is to outspeed other Bats b/c nobody runs max speed Bat for some reason. Seriously, the extra 16 EVs in bulk almost never make a difference, but outspeeding opposing Crobats is so much more useful.

I also support the change to Calm > Bold on Florges. Slowking + Crobat deal with the all of UU's Fighting types bar things like Stone Edge Band Heracross, and you need the special bulk to handle things like Scarf Chandy, Blastoise, Specs Kyurem, and Mega Ampharos.

I disagree with Toxicroak/Cobalion over Heracross. I do not think you are weak enough to CM Florges or Water types to make such a change since you have both CM King and Taunt Bat for Florges, and Slowking + Hera + Aboma for any water type in UU except Aura Sphere Mega Blastoise (which Florges walls). Both changes also make you extremely weak to Reuniclus, since it sets up or OHKOs 5/6 of your team without Heracross, and Krook cannot switch in due to Focus Blast. Both also are hard walled by Doublade, which also appears to a huge nuisance to 5/6 of your team, and again, Krook doesn't like switching into Sacred Sword. Instead, I am going to suggest SD Escavalier > CB Heracross for the following reasons:

1. Keeps a much needed Reuniclus + Snorlax check while still maintaining great offensive pressure
  2. Specs PZ / Kyurem can be a problem (the former moreso than the latter). PZ is definitely a huge threat since it outspeeds Aboma, Slowking and Florges while 2HKOing or OHKOing your entire team. Escav provides a one time switch in at least to it and forces it out or can KO with Megahorn.
  3. Provides a secondary Bee check, which you really, really need. If they keep rocks up, then Crobat is threatened to be KOed since Jolly Bee can deal ~70% with two Poison Jabs. You can Pursuit it and take it out for good if you opt to run it.
  4. Secondary Shaymin and Rose check. Specsmin with Psychic can do a number to your team, and as far as I know, none of them run HP Fire. Also, if Rose puts Bat to Sleep, your team is put in a horrible spot since hazards will stay, it can smack your team with its STABs.
  5. Counters any Fairy in UU, which you said you wanted.
  6. Florges is there to serve as a cleric, which makes the loss of a status absorber easier to stomach.
  7. Lures in Fires and wears them down with Knock Off (if you run it over Pursuit), making Aboma's life much easier.
Here is the set:

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off/Pursuit

For the record, I recommend Knock Off over Pursuit because Doublade is a pain, and it provides more utility than Pursuit, which really only is for Beedrill and Reuniclus

Good luck with the team!

Last edited:
Thx for the rates everyone I really appreciate it :] yeah putting an item on bat was a typing mistake otherwise acro would make no sense. I will definitely change florges to a calm nature thx for that. I absolutely adore the suggestion of escavalier as it patches up many holes thx bibarel :3 (will try the crobat set of course) I will update the team after testing everything but thanks again everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)