Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
did the ladder reset remove all replays from the server? I have a bunch of replays that I had saved, but when I go to the links, the battles don't play. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Actually, replays are down at the moment. Ladder resets shouldn't delete replays, you can't see yours because, like I said, They don't work right now. They'll be fixed as soon as possible though

So, a few friends of mine and I are suffering from this, and I figured I'd asked.

What happened to all of the teams on the web version? I, nor my friends did anything to delete them manually. As a matter of fact, I had my teams this morning...

So what happened?

Can't know for sure, but I've gotten similar complaints today (quite a few of them) and I myself had all my teams deleted somehow. Luckily I had backups, so it isn't that bad. You should backup your teams too.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, a few friends of mine and I are suffering from this, and I figured I'd asked.

What happened to all of the teams on the web version? I, nor my friends did anything to delete them manually. As a matter of fact, I had my teams this morning...

So what happened?
Hi ArmoredChandelure

In addition to what imas said, I suggest you to save all your teams, by using the Backup/Restore all teams button at the bottom of the teambuilder, in a pastebin or a .txt file that you can keep somewhere in your computer just in case that this is happening again.

I've come onto Showdown today to find I can't log in at all. I choose a name and the box just disappears, I still have no name. I can't get into my account or even pick a new name. I've tried clearing my cookies and even the whole browser (forgetting to back up my teams because I'm an idiot, but anyway), does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Reisen

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've come onto Showdown today to find I can't log in at all. I choose a name and the box just disappears, I still have no name. I can't get into my account or even pick a new name. I've tried clearing my cookies and even the whole browser (forgetting to back up my teams because I'm an idiot, but anyway), does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
Hi CyberSpeak

This issue generally happens when server lags a lot, it should be fixed now.

Is there any way to hide the battles you're in when people click on your name? I know you can hideroom when you're playing a battle, but what about when you're just spectating one? It can be kind of irritating when people join a game that a moderator or something is in and start doing stupid stuff.

If you're the player, /modjoin hides the room. If you're a spectator, there is no way to hide the rooms you're in. You're limited to going on alts and spectating/spectating with another browser/asking whoever's battle you're spectating to modjoin it and make you voice/stay in the room and ignore spectators (i believe you can do that even when you're not the player, could be wrong tho).

Reisen

so i just had a weird battle where i was outspeeding pokemon that i could not possibly be slower than (min speed ferrothorn vs dusclops[eviolite]) he was using trick room but it wasn't up at the time when i outsped him.
here is the link
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-299768324
Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Hi Nardgo

You were faster than Dusclops because Trick Room has a priority of -7 which means the opponent will always be the last to use this move during a turn.

so i just had a weird battle where i was outspeeding pokemon that i could not possibly be slower than (min speed ferrothorn vs dusclops[eviolite]) he was using trick room but it wasn't up at the time when i outsped him.
here is the link
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-299768324
Is this a bug or am I missing something?
The move Trick Room itself always goes last. (Well, technically, Mega Banette, Meowstic or Whimsicott could potentially use it before an opponent's Circle Throw or Dragon Tail.)

Edit: Sorry for the duplication; I hadn't noticed that there were more posts on the next page.

So I'm coding the new underused roomintro and all and I'm realizing that it's not exactly... big. Is there a reason it's small, or am I just missing something to make it bigger? The space I have the roomintro in, I mean.

Note: Showdown is down. You don't have to ask about this. I will edit this when showdown gets back up.

Really Late Edit: back up.

Last edited:
Hi, i don't know if its the right place but here we go :

I have a little problem with Showdown : when i'll open a new room, my notebook like 'freeze' for like 8-10 sec(for all showdown servers), i don't know from where the problem come, my notebook is clean (i'm using malware bytes, ccleaner and i'm defragmenting so i think its ok).

First time player. changed my name when i first started (before i registered on forum) then registered now it wont let me use the name and says its already taken

Replays have been down for a while now, going on over a day and I think it's reaching 2. Are they doing something to the whole replay system? Or am I the only one who's not able to play replays? Thanks for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)