ORAS OU Galladesharp's Return

Hey guys, I'm back for another RMT, in OU suspect test, in which I wanted to play M-Gallade and Bisharp. It is a core I wanted to play for a while, but it was very weak to M-Sableye, so I never really play it in a well build team. But now, this thing is suspect, so I built this team. Well, let's go o/

I) Teambuilding Process
So first, I put the Galladesharp core, but with a different set of M-Gallade, which is the stallbreaker one, because this set takes care of Rotom-W and Garchomp.

After this, I needed something to check M-Medicham, which, in a meta without M-Sableye, is an incredible threat. Also, a rocker would be cool, so I added a Landorus-Therian

After that, Keldeo was a bit of a threat, and M-Manectric is also a little problem. So I added a Tias.

After that, I also need a Weavile check, and something else than Bisharp for Latios (cos Bisharp cannot really tank well a DM of this thing). So I added a Klefki

As my last mon, I choose to play a thing that can break balanced/offensive teams, because Bisharp is pretty hard to setup even with a stallbreaker Gallade, so I put a banded Entei (don't really have more justification, it's just that I love this mon).

Team at a glance:

II) The sets

Francis Gallame (Gallade-Mega) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Role of the poke: This set is really interesting. It has a great potentiel as a stallbreaker, but in the current suspect test meta, stall is not really the most played thing. But the main use of this set is to lure things like Tankchomp or Rotom-W.

Set description: The EV spread is max Speed because a 110 BS Speed Will-O-Wisp is really really cool, and you can also tie with other 110 BS like Lati@s, Gengar... The EV in Attack allow to OHKO Latios with Knock Off after SSR, and to 2HKO standard Ferrothorn with Drain Punch. The rest is put in HP to increase his pretty good bulk (68/95/115 is not that bad).

The Adversary (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Role of the poke: This poke is the main win condition of the team, after that M-Gallade weakens Tankchomps, Rotom-W or other Hippowdons, it can just sweep through the opposite team really easily. He can also destroy defensive Fairy-Types like Sylveon or Clefable that are problems for M-Galade.

Set description: The most standard set ever. Life Orb maximize the damages, Max Attack/Speed to clean more easily, sual STAB+Sucker Punch and SD. Nothing else to say.​

Doge SSJ1 (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpA / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Role of the poke: It is my main check to M-Medicham, it checks pretty well the set without Ice Punch. It acts also as a Charizard X check, my Talonflame check and my pivot. Also, it lure really well Hippowdons.

Set description: Moreless the standard set, I just put Grass Knot > Rock move to lure Hippowdon. The EV spread allows to survive an HP of offensive M-Manectric, and also to clean 2HKO Hippowdon with GK. The relaxed nature is chosen because witj less SpA I miss the 2HKO of Hippo, and with less SpD I can't handle some HPs Ice. So with a relaxed nature, invest in speed is not useful. At least, Rocky Helmet because even if I can't handle really well M-Medicham, i can a bit weaken him if he chose to Fake Out.

Showdown! Girl (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock

Role of the poke: It is just my defogger and Keldeo Check. She also checks every Electric-type special attacker, like Manectric or Raikou. Well, that's it

Set description:
Really classic set, enough HP to dodge the 2HKO by Thundurus' HP Ice, max speed because 110 Speed tier is cool, rest in SpA to do some dammages with your dracos. Well, the set is also really standard, not really more to say

Lokii (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play / Flash Cannon

Role of the poke: It checks things like Weavile, put some pressure with prios T-Waves, and Toxic things like Hippowdons. It can also setup Spikes to ensure that Bisharp would be able to sweep the opposite team. It is also my main ti@s check, and my Fairy check.

Set description:
Also the standard set, maxHP and SpDef allows to tank better things like Sylveon/M-Garde, Toxic to cripple mons like Hippo and Rotom, T-Wave because T-Wave priority is really really cool, Spikes because Spikes, and for the last move, it changes almost every 3 games, Flash Cannon allows to hit M-Diancie and Fairies in general, and Foul Play allows to hit things like M-Zor who wants to setup on you.​

Doge SSJ3 (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

Role of the poke: This thing is just there beacause... Well, it's pretty cool, isn't it? So, banded Sacred Fire is pretty cool, and Extreme Speed can clean weakened offenses teams. It can also tank things like Volcarona and M-Zor.

Set description:
Max attack and speed because dude, it's offensive. Adamant nature because with E-Speed it's the only nature available, and it also allows to hit really hard. Sacred Fire is a cool stab, Extreme Speed is also cool toRK and clean, Bulldoze to hit Tran, and Stone Edge because it is cool. Yup.​

III) Importable

Francis Gallame (Gallade-Mega) @ Galladite
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

The Adversary (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Doge SSJ1 (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpA / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Lokii (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Doge SSJ3 (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

Showdown! Girl (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man this is a pretty interesting team, but it still has a few areas where it can improve, particularly just identifying Pokemon that can do certain roles on your team better.

First of all, I'm not really digging this whole Spikes + Defog you have going here with Latias and Klefki, so now the question is do you need Latias more or Klefki more? In my opinion your team appreciates Spikes a lot more, especially Entei, your main wallbreaker. That means Latias has to go, and in it's place I recommend an offensive Starmie. You'll be weaker to Electric types (we'll get to that in a second) but now you don't blow away your own hazards and you have a much better time busting up bulky Ground types like Gliscor and Hippowdon that are forcing you to run things like GK on Lando-T and Toxic Klefki. Starmie is a lot more reliable and covers more ground for you (no pun intended) as the team's only special attacker.
Set:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

T-bolt is to catch Slowbro, somewhat of a nuisance to this team, they don't usually see it coming

I really don't like that Landorus-T set, I get that the intention is to lure in Hippowdon and 2hko it but honestly there are so many other ways this team can handle Hippo without running a gimmicky set that compromises your main Talonflame check. Plus since I gave you a Starmie you're not doing so hot against Manectric and Raikou. I really had a hard time coming up with a decent solution to this but honestly you may just have to give in and replace Lando with a Hippowdon of your own. Yeah yeah Hippowdon kind of sucks up your offensive momentum, but it's a good blanket check for this team so you don't auto lose to a variety of threats, particularly Mega-Mane and Talonflame, and unlike Lando-T it has reliable recovery to stick around for as long as you need it to.
Set:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

For this team I'd use Sand Force so you don't give Excadrill Sand Rush, it's something you're kind of weak to

Unfortunately now you don't have any Ground resists, and while Hippowdon does soak up Earthquakes rather well, I think you'll feel a bit more comfortable with Magnet Rise > Toxic on Klefki to somewhat mitigate this issue and so you can Spike up on Garchomp and Landorus-T leads.

And now for my last change, I feel like you've been trying to compensate for your Mega's lack of wall-busting power by running stuff like GK Lando and Toxic Klefki, when you really should have just been running a Medicham to begin with. I just don't understand what that Gallade set can accomplish that Mega Medicham can't, it's an absurd wallbreaker that still compliments Bisharp extremely well, makes better use of your entry hazards, and gives your team even more priority, which it certainly doesn't mind.
Set:
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant / Jolly
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch or Bullet Punch

tl;dr
Starmie > Latias
Hippowdon > Lando-T
Medicham > Gallade
Magnet Rise > Toxic on Klefki

Try out my changes and see if you like them, and hope I helped!

Last edited:
I have one change I myself would like to recommend:

Life Orb > Choice Band

There's really very little reason for this. Entei would really prefer to run a Life Orb so it can switch moves. I know, you hit so much harder with a Choice Band, but switching moves is vital for a wallbreaker that doesn't have good coverage, and switching to Extreme Speed to pick off a pokemon you weakened with Sacred Fire, for example, would be very helpful. Lord Wallace already covered the other options I would change, so I won't put them. However, run a Life Orb on Entei so it isn't walled when it shouldn't be (Like by Mega Pinsir if you're locked into Bulldoze).

Pretty cool team, its kinda backwards from the way it used to run, where Gallade was the SD set and Bisharp ran pursuit to trap stuff that was annoying like lati@s or gengar. It's an interesting take on the core, it has some things in it that are...a bit weird though.

The slow u-turn is cool, but I can't help but feel Toxic would work better on landorus-t than grass knot that way you can put your stats back onto defenses. If you want the slowest u-turn possible run 0 speed IVs as well. It can let you tank a hit and then u-turn into your wallbreakers.

It also opens up a slot for Magnet rise on klefki. I never liked running double status on him and twave is by far the more useful status to throw out at priority. Other than that though it seems pretty good for the suspect ladder, gothetelle could be a problem but you have answers for it. All your main wallbreakers deal with it pretty well.

Last edited:
Hi cool team. I have a few suggestions.

>
The team is built around Bisharp+M-Gallade, both of whom are checked pretty well by bulky ground-types such as Hippowdon, Landorus, and Garchomp. So your main objective should be weakening the duo's checks so that they have an easier time, Keldeo does just that. Keldeo also gives the team a very needed Dark resist because Weavile and Bisharp can just 6-0 at any point. Your team is complimented pretty well by this change

I feel like the metagame is more offensively inclined atm because of the suspect, so I'd suggest you run a spread of 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly. You can either oot for SD+3 Attacks or WoW+3 Attacks. I'd prefer the SD set because it's pretty decent right now.

Your team can't touch Talonflame at all and that's huge considering how easily it sweeps after an SD. Now that you have Keldeo, I think you can afford to run Stone Edge instead of Grass Knot.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)