ORAS OU How to Stall to The Top (Peaked #7)

Hi guys, Mistaken here, bringing you a new RMT. This a successful stall team I created during the sableye suspect test. I know that gothitelle is likely to be banned, and sableye also has a good chance of being banned as well so I did not add them to this team. A lot of stall is similar, so you have to understand this team will likely look like other teams.
The Team

Proof of Peak

http://imgur.com/4K9nAa5
Im 50's :]
Building Process

standard stall core works well

skarmory + chansey is weak to keldeo, medicham, charizard x, etc so I added slowbro

wanted to patch up the weakness to serperior as well as adding a mega that could beat bd azu and crawdaunt which is very nice for stall teams venusaur is an all around tank and a great asset
Gliscor helps with stall breaking and tornadus-t

zapdos was added to take the defogging pressure off of skarmory and to help with scizor and bisharp

Team Overview

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Chansey is team's main special wall. It walls (non leech seed venusaur, fast electric types, charizard y and many other special attackers. Toxic is for rotom-w, which can be a little pesky for stall teams, toxic can also help vs cm slowbro, unaware clefable, BU talonflame, and other set up mons. I chose chansey because of its ability to wall charizard y, diancie, and kyurem-b (w/o outrage) which would otherwise prove to be very problematic for this team.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is an amazing pokemon, it can whirlwind out threats behind subs, defog away hazards, and wall a large amount of physical attackers. Skarmory has defog over other moves such as spikes or taunt because stall teams w/o sableye are easily warn down by hazards. Iron head is for hitting weavile, gardevoir, and diancie.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpDef
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Slowbro is such a great pokemon w/ its ability regenerator which restores 33% of slowbro's health every time it switches in. Slowbro makes as a good pivot. It's primary purpose is walling keldeo and checking charizard x as well as being a counter to medicham, mega lopunny, and mega gallade

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Gliscor the stall breaker, yeah I know gliscor is not a great stall breaker but It still does prove useful for my team. Gliscor checks tornadus-t, cm clefable, HEATRAN, landorus-t, and gengar. Gliscor and zapdos are my only checks to bisharp so make sure they stay healthy.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Venusaur helps w/ ferrothorn, azumarill, crawdaunt, rotom-w, keldeo, serperior altaria, and even manaphy. venusaur's
defenisve capabilities and typing allowed it to emerge as one of the top mega evolutions in the overused tier. Venusaur is running hp fire to help vs bisharps and scizors who can threaten the team w/ brute force or with u-turn momentum. Sludge bomb is a powerful stab attack that will poison the foe 30% of the time (which is as much as scald even if it doesn't feel that way) giga drain and synthesis prevent venusaur from being easily worn down.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Discharge
- Roost

I was really weak to hazards, needed another check for bird spam, and wanted something for scizor and bisharp. Zapdos was a great fit, as zaps has the ability pressure so it is able to out stall other stealth rock setters with defog. Running 2 defoggers might seem odd, but I can assure you it is necessary. Zapdos helps break the bulky steel types, and helps with handling some bulky waters such as slowbro.

Conclusion

I am happy with how this stall team came out, and am thrilled with the success I've had with this team, I am looking forward to all of you who will spam this on the ladder (hopefully not vs me) and to all of those who just read this to give me advice. Have fun with this team :].

Threat List

Can be handled w/o too much bother if played right, but is annoying nonetheless
For handling bisharp you have 3 things, heat wave zapdos +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Zapdos: 294-347 (76.7 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. Zapdos always lives a sucker punch from adamant life orb bisharp. You also have gliscor who can scare bisharp out w/ eq and you have venusaur who can deal 50-60% to bisharp with hp fire as well as being able to seed and in some cases life orb stall it. When you see bisharp be careful about letting it get to +4 or the game will surely end if skarm does not still have its sturdy.

Gl with beating this thing
With any luck this pokemon will be banned by the current suspect test. Goth is a huge problem, I run slowbronite on my slowbro just so goth can not trick it a scarf, goth beats venusaur and also beats chansey as well as tricking a third member if played right. Honestly goth is not an automatic loss but you will have to play exceptionally to beat it.

Very annoying, however it is not an automatic loss, just limit its switch ins
Hoopa unbound is a threat to most teams. The banded set is scary but skarmory can iron head hoopa for a lot of damage and venusaur can live one hyperspace fury. The life orb special set can be stalled out with the help of zapdos being able to roost stall life orb hits with the occasional switch to gliscor.

3 atk version is easy to beat, tricky part is rd psychic version
psychic manaphy is a tough thing to beat, chansey can toxic it and soft boiled stall, but if it has rain dance then the only option is to toss until it is warn, zapdos always lives a hit from +3 if rain is not up. Venusaur can beat the rain dance rest set.

Limit gard's switch ins and it shouldn't be too big of a problem
Skamory, Chansey, and gliscor can each take a hit and retaliate, if it is a wisp set chansey can wall it and beat it w/ toss but if it is modest w/ taunt then you have to rely on a couple tosses from chansey + an eq from gliscor or a iron head from skarm to finish it off

dukevesper- check out youtube/dukevesper
Alkov- gratz on global voice, known you for a long ass time and you are awesome
JohnxYiu- if I had an elo point for every time you got haxed, I would be a ladder hero
Blarghlfarghl- blargh is here just cuz
GxK- chill guy
TDK- great ou tutor, player, and builder
Ban Manaphy- great innovator and battler (great at haxing blunder)
Starzabright- chill guy good at battling
Hectorhardmode- better than godfish so why not put him here
oml it's too ez- meme team FTW check out his yt https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcHL03DHl-muBPFCpPP6Law

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Discharge
- Roost

Last edited:
Yo Mistaken
( i wont say nice Team because this is stall lulz )
nah jk.
But ive noticed that stallbreaker talon and mew just 6 0 u.
So id suggest a Tyranitar, maybe over gliscor. Maybe banded to punch holes in opposing stall teams or a weird Lumberry set to "dodge" the burn. Also ttar would help against cm lati which also destroys ur team. But those are the only weaknesses i cud find, well build !

Yo Mistaken
( i wont say nice Team because this is stall lulz )
nah jk.
But ive noticed that stallbreaker talon and mew just 6 0 u.
So id suggest a Tyranitar, maybe over gliscor. Maybe banded to punch holes in opposing stall teams or a weird Lumberry set to "dodge" the burn. Also ttar would help against cm lati which also destroys ur team. But those are the only weaknesses i cud find, well build !
Try using gliscor to beat mew and as for talonflame, it can be problematic but if you toxic it with slowbro or just spam scald with bro or discharge w/ zapdos until you para it you can win it. tyranitar would be nice for the team to help vs lati so thanks for the suggestion

yo, i think if u replace leech seed for sludge bomb that would be really nice as sludge bomb isnt really needed and u can leech seed so u can heal urself every turn like leftovers and it can also help ur other members recover too like chansey which cant recover every turn by itself. You do lose sludge bomb which means u cant hit some fairy types but u wall those fairy types anyways and clef sets ups on u regardless.

Another thing i notice is that mega-heracross can give u a hard type since it can 2ko everything on the team basically after rocks are up. So maybe running acrobatics over knock off on gliscor would help with that but u wont be able to get rid of ur opponents item so if u wanna keep knock off that's up to u.

Another recommendation i have is to change thunder wave to toxic on slowbro allowing you to widdle other bulky mons like other slowbro and to be able to put stuff on a timer like charizard x as it can just dd and bypass the minus speed. Besides your not really ment to outspeed anything as u are a stall team XD.
Changes in Short:
Leech seed >sludge bomb
allows team to surive longer as u can get 12% each turn
Acrobatics > knock off
lets the team deal with heracross better
Toxic>thunder Wave
to let the team put stuff on a timer

yo, i think if u replace leech seed for sludge bomb that would be really nice as sludge bomb isnt really needed and u can leech seed so u can heal urself every turn like leftovers and it can also help ur other members recover too like chansey which cant recover every turn by itself. You do lose sludge bomb which means u cant hit some fairy types but u wall those fairy types anyways and clef sets ups on u regardless.

Another thing i notice is that mega-heracross can give u a hard type since it can 2ko everything on the team basically after rocks are up. So maybe running acrobatics over knock off on gliscor would help with that but u wont be able to get rid of ur opponents item so if u wanna keep knock off that's up to u.

Another recommendation i have is to change thunder wave to toxic on slowbro allowing you to widdle other bulky mons like other slowbro and to be able to put stuff on a timer like charizard x as it can just dd and bypass the minus speed. Besides your not really ment to outspeed anything as u are a stall team XD.
Changes in Short:
Leech seed >sludge bomb
allows team to surive longer as u can get 12% each turn
Acrobatics > knock off
lets the team deal with heracross better
Toxic>thunder Wave
to let the team put stuff on a timer
Thanks for the rate buddy, I agree with leech seed on venusaur as it allows me to beat suicune which would otherwise be a big problem and I totally agree with toxic on slowbro for charizard x and other fat mons like cm slowbro. I actually implemented those 2 changes already to my personal version and was going to add it to the RMT but you beat me to it. As for acrobatics on gliscor I see the use in it, but knocking off clefables leftovers, tornados-t assault vest/life orb, landorus-t leftovers is way too crucial to give up for a mon that is not too common. However I do see the use in acro gliscor

Are you actually using two megas or is that a typo? I assume slowbro has an item other than slobronite? If not I'd change slowbro's item to rocky helmet to rack up that passive damage on physical attackers.

Are you actually using two megas or is that a typo? I assume slowbro has an item other than slobronite? If not I'd change slowbro's item to rocky helmet to rack up that passive damage on physical attackers.
slowbroite actually helps the team as u cant get tricked or knocked offed at the same time which makes this team a little bit goth weak

Hey buddy, this is a solid but classic stall team you got there, i'm a huge fan of sableye/Gothitelle-less metagame and even though it wont hurt stall as much as we thought it would, i still find it way better as we can have more opportunity to break through it. I don't really have too much suggestions for your team as it's relatively nice but i guess there are better way to play around potential threats such as Manaphy, Hoopa-U and Gardevoir.

I saw some people suggesting Tyranitar, that's probably a good fit on paper but there aren't ways you can replace a pokemon here without hurting team's efficency and overall solidity. However instead of just putting a check / counter to those threats (which is potentially a bad idea in your case), did you think about limiting their switchs in? Well i mean this is a stall team, you should still have a game plan even though match up is rough, that's why i'd suggest Stun Spore instead of Leech Seed on Venusaure and Thunder Wave instead of Toxic on Slowbro, seeing your team that's obvious that Gardevoir and Hoopa-U wont hesitate into coming against these two pokemons as they have good match up and deal heavy damages, but you should be able to tank at least one hit which is totally in your favour thanks to Thunder Wave and Stun spore as you can now paralyze them and decrease their wallbreaker's capacity. Once they are paralyzed it probably should be way easier to wear them down, plus it also make you safer against Bisharp.

Hope i helped and good luck with your team.:toast:

Hey buddy, this is a solid but classic stall team you got there, i'm a huge fan of sableye/Gothitelle-less metagame and even though it wont hurt stall as much as we thought it would, i still find it way better as we can have more opportunity to break through it. I don't really have too much suggestions for your team as it's relatively nice but i guess there are better way to play around potential threats such as Manaphy, Hoopa-U and Gardevoir.

I saw some people suggesting Tyranitar, that's probably a good fit on paper but there aren't ways you can replace a pokemon here without hurting team's efficency and overall solidity. However instead of just putting a check / counter to those threats (which is potentially a bad idea in your case), did you think about limiting their switchs in? Well i mean this is a stall team, you should still have a game plan even though match up is rough, that's why i'd suggest Stun Spore instead of Leech Seed on Venusaure and Thunder Wave instead of Toxic on Slowbro, seeing your team that's obvious that Gardevoir and Hoopa-U wont hesitate into coming against these two pokemons as they have good match up and deal heavy damages, but you should be able to tank at least one hit which is totally in your favour thanks to Thunder Wave and Stun spore as you can now paralyze them and decrease their wallbreaker's capacity. Once they are paralyzed it probably should be way easier to wear them down, plus it also make you safer against Bisharp.

Hope i helped and good luck with your team.:toast:
Sadly venusaur does not learn stun spore lool, that would be cool, I would think about sleep powder or sludge bomb but then suicune just 6-0's the team. Thunder wave is a very valid option that can work well on slowbro, it would help the match up vs gard and other fast threats and would still check charizard x. Thanks for the rate and I will definitely keep on testing thunder wave slowbro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)