Melee Thread (TOURNAMENT SPOILERS TO BE EXPECTED)

Epikhairz

Anything goes
honestly found canada cup to be not that exciting overall due to lack of competition and lots of samus in top 8 (i find duck's samus to be quite boring imo). commentators were also average at best. it pains me to say this as a fellow canadian but at least it provided canada with some decent exposure

the best part of the tournament was easily when ppmd destroyed ryan ford aka unknown522. ppmd's falco was super crisp and really fun to watch when it was on point

ppmd kreygasm

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Literally only watched CCG because of PPMD. It was a free as fuck tourney for him. Sm4sh is boring as hell cuz no one's there besides ally.

Literally all of top 8 was boring af besides a kirbykaze match and PPMD's matches. Duck wasn't a pleasure to watch.

M2K got absolutely demolished by Armada today in the iron man matches... his sheik got 2-stocked and then his marth got 4-stocked on FD by armada's fox

armada also playing really solid against mango earlier on, atm he's the clear favorite to win the whole thing since PPMD looks rusty as hell

FailFish mafia games doe

I honestly loved watching the Summit for Dota as it's much more laid back while still putting on some amazing games to watch. A spectator's delight.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Summit is absolutely amazing so far lol. it looks so amazing to be in a house with free food/drink, super friendly environment, playing ur fav game with quality people, just being layed back and having fun etc. sounds just 10/10.

As for the actual content, PP, mango, and m2k are all playing shit apparently. That or they're sandbagging until the tourney actually starts.

Sad to see PP playing badly honestly. His play seems to be affected by his mentality so much and it's so rare his mentality is actually good. I feel like he's on the brink of quitting melee once and for all cuz from what he's been showing for the past year he just isn't enjoying it as much.

Epikhairz

Anything goes
as someone who used to play mafia quite a bit online, seeing some of those plays in mafia made me die a little on the inside.

great event, challenge matches have been super hype and the actual tourney bracket is going to be insane. as for PPMD, either he comes out of his shell and goes super saiyan or im going to be really sad

also lets just take a moment to remember that kage 3-stocked alex19 in crews, and alex19 only ended up taking 1 stock each for both crew battles. kinda insane that those crew battles were actually really close since norwalk was essentially playing 3v4 against the best in the world LOL

aVocado

@ Everstone
Smash Summit is live, hype af

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Alex19 actually didn't do too badly against Armada, got real close to taking a game off him but messed up pretty quickly. Then he just kept on choking.

PPU was playing bad but still managed to 3-0 Lucky somehow lol

PP not playing his best but still p damn good, took out Swedish Delight 3-0.

westballz playing amazing <3 fucking love this guy so much, he made a few errors but thats less than usual considering its weston lol

Epikhairz

Anything goes
oh my god 4-god commentary was both the least insightful and greatest commentary of all time.

excellent tournament. hype set after hype set for hours on end. ppmd unfortunately still not looking good though; his last game vs westballz was honestly awful, and mango armada m2k said the same about it. hopefull pp can adapt and step it up for top 8 tmr.

Epikhairz

Anything goes
i didnt watch the whole thing i had stuff to do :[ (i actually only watched like 2 minutes of GF set 2)

impressive win by hbox for sure. however i would still go with leffen #2 for 2015 because leffen has won 5 majors (beast 5, ceo, fc, wtfox, htc) with 3 majors back to back to back while hbox has won only DHWinter and Paragon Orlando (MLG New Orleans too if you wanna count that - his biggest competition was M2K there. Hbox #2 is definitely reasonable though; however, realistically i think it'll still go to leffen because a lot of voters have massive hate boners for hbox.

great performance by westballz who demolished leffen and mango and had a respectable set vs hbox, as well as plup who did surprisingly well with PAL sheik

what a disappointing way for mango to end the year

aVocado

@ Everstone
lmao once again leffen is forced to suck samus's dick harder than anything i've ever seen goddamn what's with this guy and losing to samus.

westballz was so hype <3 beating mango and leffen back to back wtf, then losing to plup which I don't mind considering I fucking love plup but like u dont go from winning against leffen and mango to losing to plup :[ oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)