Battle Maison Discussion & Records

hello maison thread. i've been working on a spreadsheet for maison use for a while now, and since i've "finished" (pending errors, of course!) i figured i would share it with you guys.
Open Office
Microsoft Excel
(let me know if there's any problems with these downloads, i know hardly anything about file sharing)
Hmm...I can't seem to download these...they link me to wikisend.com, and the things to download are "DETAIL CAD PROJECT.dwg" (Office link) and "permissions.yml" (Excel link).
Odd.

If this helps, I am running Mac 10.11 (El Capitan), and Safari 9, and have both Word and Excel available.

Super Single win streak of 183. Video code is C5LW-WWWW-WW32-WW9T

The team:
Mega Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant
Abiility: Early Bird/Parental Bond
EV's: 252 HP/252 At/4 Sp
Return
Power-Up Punch
Fake Out
Sucker Punch

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 SPat/252 Sp/4 HP
Dazzling Gleam
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Destiny Bond

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Brave
Ability: Technician
EV's: 252 Att/128 HP/128 SPdef
Bullet Punch
Swords Dance
Fury Cutter
Roost

Hmm...I can't seem to download these...they link me to wikisend.com, and the things to download are "DETAIL CAD PROJECT.dwg" (Office link) and "permissions.yml" (Excel link).
Odd.

If this helps, I am running Mac 10.11 (El Capitan), and Safari 9, and have both Word and Excel available.
Wikisend's links have a 'time to live' which apparently those files have exceeded, and the service has decided to re-use those particular link IDs.

Here's a link to the .ods file in Google Drive. As I did not download the original .xls file I cannot provide it, but Libre Office and Open Office both offer Mac versions that should work on El Capitan.

Ah, thank you, faith_grins; perhaps sb879 could update the links...?
Regardless, I've started a new streak with Aegislash/Mega Salamence/Greninja, using the sets available here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/bc/maison_part2.
Seems to be working (only reached 40 so far, because of my AS playthrough; OR is my 'main' save); Salamence and Greninja can often tank the Fire-type moves Aegislash is weak to (and Salamence is immune to Ground), while Greninja can often take Ghost- and Dark-type attacks aimed at Aegislash. Aegislash can then take the Fairy-, Ice- and Dragon-type moves Salamence is weak to (with physical moves hopefully weakened by Intimidate), and is immune to Fighting, which Greninja fears.

Something I've learned: Dark Pulse is superior to Extrasensory on Greninja here, as (according to http://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage), Water/Dark/Ice/Grass grants 0 immunities, 0 resistances, 290 neutralities, and 510 super effective hits; Water/Psychic/Ice/Grass instead has 1 immunity (Shedinja, which doesn't matter here), 298 neutralities and 501 super effective hits. The fact that Extrasensory is strong against Fighting is also counterbalanced by the fact that Greninja itself is initially weak to said Fighting, so cannot switch in (and Mach Punch nails it before it turns into a Psychic-type), and one can easily have a Ghost-type or Flying-type switch into it instead.

That's just my assumption, though.

EDIT: It seems Aerodactyl1, on that .ods faith_grins so kindly provided, is either missing three-quarters of its moveset, or only has one move. Just wanted to point that out.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm back with another spree (Damn not this guy again...)
I got to 119 wins on a cruise holiday in Super Triples (1st time over 100 for me :3) while being drunk (beer flows like water) then tried the 120th battle on a morning when I was tired...aparently I play worse when tired than constantly drunk...anyway...

I lost my 120th battle because of me being tired resulting in me being forgetful, I encore to lock a Gyrados into dragon rage making him useless for the rest of the fight (which is how the team takes its advantage, also if I hadn't forgotton about him, this streak would have been higher..), my problem was I didn't keep track of his encore turns till he was free, so his encore ended the same turn I taunted meaning I couldn't re-encore resulting in the mega setup monster wrecking shop. (Damn sleeply-self for taunting).
Battle 120 [Loss] - Against Aerodatcyl, Donphan, Excadrill, Gyrados, Zebstrika, Salamance
6EWW-WWWW-WW32-DA3Q

Made a few other minor mistakes in the game, but nothing affecting me too bad. Priority would have helped haha
Currently working on getting that record higher since I know I can easily do it, only lost because I f*cked up.

The team I used is designed around hitting hard and fast, avoiding trick room and trying to play around trick room. Usually if something does get it up I tend to encore then taunt so it goes back in my favour

Leading the fight is Left Liepard - Middle Mega Kangaskhan - Right Jolteon.
Turn one get some mass fake outs going and get the Choice Specs Jolton to one shot a few things or Volt Switch out to something more favourable.
Turn two if anything wanted to set up, you lock them into it and let them be useless for a few turns and nuke the rest of the team hard and fast.
Turn's 3-6 most of the enemy team is dead because of your 3v2, speed and priority favour, and you can easily follow up with a clean up of anything left encoring away to itself.

The only thing this team lacks is a grass move considering the x4 grass weaknesses out there. But general sheer power helps me get by.
Before I used a Weavile to replace the Liepard for its higher speed, priority, higher damage and similar moveset, but prankster Liepard is proving to have more uses, wish it had a slightly better speed and attack stat sometimes...

Zephyr (Liepard) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Taunt
- Fake Out
IVs:31/31/31/x/31/31

Big Mama (Kangaskhan-Mega) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Arrow (Talonflame) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Protect

Flux (Jolteon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
IVs:31/x/31/31/31/31

Strider (Greninja) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse
IVs:31/x/31/31/31/31

Landshark (Garchomp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Protect

EDIT: It seems Aerodactyl1, on that .ods faith_grins so kindly provided, is either missing three-quarters of its moveset, or only has one move. Just wanted to point that out.
it's supposed to only have one move. this actually makes it waaaaay more annoying in doubles. if it had other coverage moves it could use them, but rock slide and its spread 30% flinch on something as blindingly fast as scarf aerodactyl is usually worse than any coverage move you could see. thankfully you can't actually see that set once you pass battle 40. rhyperior2/serperior4/porygon-Z2 are also supposed to have have incomplete movesets, if you come across them.

anyways, i updated the spreadsheet download links, for anyone else that needs them.

it's supposed to only have one move. this actually makes it waaaaay more annoying in doubles. if it had other coverage moves it could use them, but rock slide and its spread 30% flinch on something as blindingly fast as scarf aerodactyl is usually worse than any coverage move you could see.
Huh; in that case, it makes sense (though it obviously means Aegislash utterly walls the thing in Singles, which is an unfortunate consequence of not having separate lists for the different Battle styles).
As for my (pathetic so far) streak, managed to sweep Nita easily; Lando locked himself into Earth Power (because Aegis was out first), so I switched into Salamence. Oddly, Nita refused to switch for a few turns, despite the fact that she was locked into an ineffective move, so I got 2 DDs off and a Sub as she finally switched. From thereon in, it was a piece of cake.
Just found it odd that she didn't immediately switch, despite almost everyone else doing so immediately before; is the Chatelaine AI just that dumb, or is the general Maison AI dumb to begin with, regardless of trainer class?

As a sidenote: what's with the 'fat [username] said:' thing at the top of quotes? Is the 'fat' some kind of long-winded April Fools joke that someone failed to reverse for 7 months?
I'd like to believe that not everyone's necessarily 'fat'...

As a sidenote: what's with the 'fat [username] said:' thing at the top of quotes? Is the 'fat' some kind of long-winded April Fools joke that someone failed to reverse for 7 months?
I'd like to believe that not everyone's necessarily 'fat'...
"Failed" to reverse, no it's 100% intentional. Not that I know where it comes from, or why. It just is.

Even when I lurked for a couple years prior (primarily to look at mechanics research threads for the new games to see obscure properties for moves and the like) the "fat" thing was there. Now that I think about it, though, it's been there a looooong time. I want to say it was like that prior to the JP release of B/W even. I recognized Jumpman16 from the DP battle tower days, so he should be able to tell if it was like that even earlier.

Odd, but interesting.
Should be changed, though, to avoid potentially insulting people - people who might not realise that it's a long-running joke.
Anyway, that's my two cents about it.

Odd, but interesting.
Should be changed, though, to avoid potentially insulting people - people who might not realise that it's a long-running joke.
Anyway, that's my two cents about it.
If you think a website is going out of its way to insult you, without knowledge of what you look like in the real world, maybe it's time to lose some weight instead of getting mad at said website.
But it is impossible to not offend people anymore.

I've been playing Battle Maison on-and-off (usually while multitasking doing something like watching Youtube videos) with the Durant/Cloyster/Drapion team ever since reaching 200 wins and I'm now at 320. Not that 120 wins over the course of this many months is anything special, but it's interesting mostly because 1) I haven't been using trainer/setlists at all (because I don't really care about having a high streak; it's just something to do when I'm watching 40-minute-long LP videos because I'm incapable of doing anything without turning it into multitasking now) but Durant just makes it not matter at all and 2) I'm only half-paying attention because of the videos and the result is that a handful of times, I've failed to get Entrainment off (most recent was due to Brightpowder Latias) and not even noticed, so I switch to Cloyster and am surprised when it takes damage. But I've always been able to switch Durant right back in and actually get Entrainment off, then switch back to Cloyster (or Drapion if Durant dies/I'm worried about the backups) and finish the battle as normal.

It just goes to show how simple and straightforward Durant/Drapion or Durant/Cloyster or both are, I think, which I find interesting

I've been playing Battle Maison with the Durant/Cloyster/Drapion team
So you suggest a Durant/Cloyster/Drapion team? I'm guessing you're using the sets from the 'Mastering the Maison' articles, but that doesn't include a set for Cloyster.
Altissimo, what set is your Cloyster running? Focus Sash with Shell Smash/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast/Razor Shell? White Herb? Most likely includes Protect somewhere, but that'd mean giving up on coverage/boosting, not to mention Rock Blast only has 90% accuracy.

I apologise if I'm asking too many questions, but Maison sets are very different to WiFi sets (and thus aren't easily available).

I apologise if I'm asking too many questions, but Maison sets are very different to WiFi sets (and thus aren't easily available).
The teams listed on the various leaderboards on the first page of this topic are clickable links to their respective details, discussing at length the streak as well as their full movesets, EV spreads, functionality, etc. Some much more detailed than others, but they should all have the info you want.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Still not dead yet, sup guys. The cute numbers are very few and far between atm, so "Greninja record + 1k" will have to do for a new singles update.

#1810: DQ7W-WWWW-WW33-M5BM
(team description here)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing my way might be just a tiny bit easier than I initially envisioned, because after another little experiment it seems like a situational threat that I considered to be sorta threatening won't be as threatening in practice.

598 | Victreebel3 | Modest | Focus Sash | Sunny Day | SolarBeam | Sludge Bomb | Weather Ball | Spd/SpA

From the looks of my team, it should be apparent that instant Solar Beams + sun-boosted 100 BP Fire-type Weather Balls from a Pokemon that outruns my entire team aren't too much fun to face. Therefore, whenever Chef Frank led off with Victreebel, my plan would be straight Crunch to at least break the Sash and go from there--sets 1 and 2 are manhandled by Gliscor anyways, and set 4 (which Aegislash effortlessly sets up on otherwise) will use Solar Beam and allow Aegislash to switch in safely. Anyways, so on my latest run-in with a lead Victreebel from Frank, I used Crunch according to plan, and it charged for Solar Beam while even getting a Defense drop from Crunch. Yay I guess, it probably was set 4, and even if it were set 3 in derp mode, +2 Sneak would KO now, so even though I could KO with Crunch, I switch to Aegislash to tank the Solar Beam and set up. No Life Orb recoil, however, so it was set 3 after all. I set up an SD as it set up Sunny Day, and then I used King's Shield for another round of Leftovers recovery--as it used Solar Beam instead of Fire-type Weather Ball?? I thought I lucked out, killed Victreebel right away with +2 Sneak, and proceeded to win the battle but forgot to save the video in my stupidity. Seconds afterwards it occurred to me that the AI might have trouble using Weather Ball properly (which I, because of my team composition, really wouldn't mind lol), so I kept on the lookout for a lead Victreebel4 video for mock battling purposes. Around battle #1765, I finally got one, and I conducted an experiment by setting up Sunny Day with Prankster Whimsicott and seeing what attack Victreebel would use against various Steel-types and one additional guinea... spectre to confirm my suspicions. Results:

-it merrily nuked Scizor and Lucario with Fire-type Weather Ball;
-it happily used Weather Ball against Heatran, headlong into Flash Fire (which by itself isn't too surprising because as we all know the AI takes one try to recognise ability-based immunities anyways, but it did go to show that it really had no issues using Weather Ball against Steel-types, in spite of its original Normal typing);
-it once again used only Solar Beam against Aegislash;
-it preferred a resisted Solar Beam and even a 4x resisted Sludge Bomb against Gengar.

So my best guess is that Ghost-types' Normal immunity throws the AI off balance when it comes to using Weather Ball, preventing it from using the move. It is funny that it only seems to apply to immunities, though, and the AI will simply recognise Weather Ball in sun as a Fire-type move even against foes that take only a pittance from Normal-type moves--but I'm not complaining, lol. Looks like I'll be able to get past Frank's lead Victreebel a lot more cleanly in the future x)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Dutch Plumberjack, excellent work in Singles. It's unbelievable that Mega Gyarados beats Dragonite and Greninja (both as a lead and a back-up) on the leaderboards right now. I had no faith in it when you mentioned the team, but you managed to make it work spectacularly.
So Mega Kangaskhan and Suicune are down too (for) now, I guess? Gliscor is, alongside Starmie, my favourite Pokemon by like a landslide, so it's only natural that I'd have the dream of obtaining the longest Gliscor streak, but because of the circumstances in which the previous one ended, I have really mixed feelings now that I have actually obtained the longest confirmed one u_u I cannot possibly in good conscience say that I "beat" Kangliscune (also lol at the notion that my team is better), unless by "beat" you mean "outrun hardware failure for a greater number of battles," and that frankly kinda sucks lol, especially because there's really no number of battles that I can aim for to be the most successful Gliscor player. There was really no honour in beating specifically 1560 because of the circumstances, and at least I'm more than a few dozen battles ahead of that number now, it's something I guess. Gotta show what I'm made of.

Jumpman16, please break your Kangliscune record so that the "longest Gliscor streak" won't be an empty trophy to shoot for, lol v.v I really hope that my hunch that you've been lurking in the shadows with an ongoing 2k+ streak is correct, Gliscor rules.

I probably wouldn't even have brought this up if battle #1561 hadn't been, like, actually a tad stupid lol (while it admittedly wasn't anything as insane as a game eject u__u), looks like Gliscor teams have their equivalent to what battle #1175 is to Durant teams.

#1561: QV6G-WWWW-WW33-M5D4
Black Belts aren't opponents I'm particularly keen on facing, but that's because they can carry all those Fire-types that don't leave me with much better options than KOing them right away with an unboosted or a +1 Waterfall, with many also having a chance to burn Gyarados in the process--a bunch of examples include Arcanine, Talonflame, Pyroar, Chandelure, and Rapidash. Tyrantrum isn't a particularly awful lead--Aegislash counters it and eventually sets up on it, so I switch to my sword and shield mon, and Head Smash on the switch is a crit. No big deal, after the Attack drops, Aegislash is still guaranteed to get to +6 and beat the dinosaur. King's Shield lowers Tyrantrum's Attack to -3, and it gets set to fire off its third Head Smash.

It crits Aegislash again, KOing it.

Bit of a sticky situation here... I go to Gliscor because Gyarados still doesn't want to take this thing on, and I use Protect to make it waste its fourth PP. If it crits a third time, it'll KO Gliscor as well as KO itself through recoil damage, leaving Gyarados to take on two mystery pokes by itself--not a great setup against Trainers that can run Rock- and Fighting-types.

Doesn't happen. Gliscor neatly gets up a Sub and gets rid of Tyrantrum the way only Gliscor can. The second Pokemon that comes out is Hawlucha, which should be an easy Toxic stall victim, especially after it bops its Power Herb. Toxic misses, however; and before Toxic does hit, a Stone Edge crit happens (on a Sub, fortunately), as well as a second Toxic miss and a Flying Press crit. When Hawlucha has finally been put on a timer, it has already used up (most of?) its Stone Edge PP and uses U-turn to bring in...

Sawk. Y'know, a Taunt user that can actually really hurt Gliscor and hits both formes of Gyarados super effectively. And with Aegislash dead, I can't switch-stall it down (admittedly you still kinda need to use your brain when doing that with Sawk, it's not quite as hilarious as Toxicroak, which literally cannot land a single hit if you just keep switching between Gyarados and Aegislash and eventually allows Gyarados to safely get up a Sub and two DDs as it Struggles to death--but I digress). In other words, if Sawk blocks Toxic, I'm in a bit of a jam, especially with Hawlucha still in the back, which outspeeds Gyarados even at +1 and survives an unboosted Waterfall even with two rounds of Toxic damage. I'm probably being a bit overly dramatic at this point, though, because thanks to Life Orb recoil and the protection of the Sub, Gliscor 2HKOes Sawk with Earthquake, and it should stay healthy enough to hold Hawlucha at bay long enough to take plenty of Toxic damage or just altogether. And let's be real, Sawk isn't quite Hurrrnadus. However, this is all irrelevant, as Sawk doesn't pick its moves optimally, gets hit with Toxic, and only ends up hitting Gliscor with Taunt a couple turns before it succumbs--Hawlucha is then easily stalled down too, and thus ends a battle with four crits, a double Toxic miss, and a potentially nasty backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a final nice little factoid: Little Nicky the Gliscor is now my Pokemon with the highest cumulative leaderboard streaks, at 810 + 1810+ = 2620+, beating By-Tor the Greninja and Flashheart the Blaziken from doubles / triples (1028 + 1420 = 2448) and Gene the Scizor from doubles (1028 + 607 = 1635). However, if we're talking in species as opposed to specimens, Greninja still hold the record at 810 + 1028 + 1420 = 3258--if Gliscor is planning on beating that, this streak will have to take on Drapula-like proportions, and it's still a little early to talk about that. Only a little :s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But yeah. There haven't been any cute numbers for a while, and there aren't really any that close in sight either--after 1420, there was obviously 1,5k, disregarding the circumstances 1560 naturally made for a nice beacon too, and 1620 was cool for being twice my Greninja record--but that's pretty much where the cute numbers ended for now, aside from aesthetically pleasing ones like 1771 I guess, and if it came off like "Greninja record + 1k" was really stretching it in the cute numbers department, that's because it was lol; it was just the least unsuitable number I could find reasonably far in from 1560. I recall mentioning during my (failed) 1k+ endeavours with team Clockwork Angels that exploring the unknown realm of the moving targets was fun. Right now, though, there are no moving targets; on the contrary, I'm actually in a freaking haunted wasteland lol, and I love it. It's so quiet and peaceful, and while somewhere on the horizon looms 2340, all I can do for now is make slow but steady progress.
Perfect setting for a marathon.

Attachments

Last edited:

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As promised, I've been playing around with other potential leads to pair with Mega Slowbro + Chansey. Haven't made any crazy breakthroughs, but have had decent (if slowgoing) sucess with both stall Zapdos and Sheer Force Landorus.

Thunderbolt / Protect / Substitute / Roost Zapdos is something I've had in the back of my mind for a while, ever since twash used it to reasonable success in the Battle Subway, but never found a spot to try it out. It's capable of playing a role very similar to Gliscor, and though it isn't as physically bulky and lacks the beautiful Poison Heal interaction, it's a bit faster and also drains PP more quickly, thanks to Pressure. The idea is that being faster than unboosted Dragonite, it can stall out some of the Pokemon that could outrun and threaten Dragonite, while also playing a more general team support role, since against many foes, Zapdos can stall out the specific moves that threaten its teammates and then switch out, giving either Slowbro or Chansey an easy setup.

Speed seems key to creating any sort of reason to use Zapdos over Gliscor, especially since sub stalling is much less stressful when you outspeed the foe. Accordingly, after hunting down a Timid Zapdos, I went with a Max HP, 244 Speed spread, putting Zapdos at 166 Speed. This avoids ugly speed ties with the mass of positive-natured base 100s while still outspeeding Hydregion and Serperior, both of whom can cause issues for Chansey and Slowbro.

The Zapdos lead worked decently well, but goodness did it make battles slow, since not only did almost all battles now require setting up either Chansey or Gliscor, but many also involved a substantial dose of Zapdos stalling before that. Note that with 3 Pokemon that prefer to use a ton of status moves, Taunt became a major worry for this squad, so I took some very helpful advice from VaporeonIce and bred up a new Oblivious Slowbro to replace my previous Regenerator one. The loss of Regenerator was irritating in certain switch-stall situations, but was not heavily missed, especially since in the situations where Dragonite / Slowbro / Chansey might switch Slowbro in to scout, using Regenerator to recover if the foe turned out to be a special attacker, Zapdos can typically scout just fine on its own. And Oblivious Slowbro turns a number of otherwise irritating Taunters into simple setup bait.

I played around 90 battles with this squad. While a reasonable team, powerful attackers that outsped Zapdos could cause problems, and Zapdos's bulk, while respectable, was not amazing, meaning that many foes had multiple attacks that could break its Sub, increasing stall time required and forcing me to look for opportunities to sneak in a Roost, since the Protect + Substitute chain slowly drains HP even with Leftovers. There's also the question of whether it's worth trying to find a way to squeeze in Toxic over Roost, but I suspect at that point you're just an inferior Gliscor. But the final nail in the coffin for me was a sudden fear of lead Volcarona, which Zapdos does not cover particularly well thanks to Quiver Dance + Sub-bypassing Bug Buzz, and is also a huge threat to Slowbro and Chansey.

I then had the thought that perhaps another offensive lead like Dragonite was the answer, and that something with a higher initial Speed than Dragonite, even if it wouldn't make as good of a set up sweeper, could perhaps handle leads that Dragonite couldn't. Considering options, I realized that one Pokemon I've never really tried out is Sheer Force Landorus. I didn't have a 3DS when Pokemon Dream Radar originally came out, and by the time I got one, I completely forgot about it. But after dropping $2.99, spending some silly time shooting orbs, and carefully reviewing chiizu's Dream Radar RNG Guide, I finally had a Naive HP Ice Sheer Force Landorus, and a few other goodies like a flawless Bold Multiscale Lugia to boot.

Landorus is a pretty darn impressive Pokemon. Max Speed EVs give it 168 Speed, enough to outrun the mass of pokes at 167, and Sheer Force + Life Orb boosted Earth Power gives me fond memories of my old Choice Band Garchomp's Earthquake. I'm currently running Earth Power / Sludge Wave / HP Ice / Rock Slide, and while the lack of boosting means Landorus can't usually sweep entire teams, it is very good at brawling with most of the individual Pokes that Chansey and Slowbro can't switch directly into. I know, I know, Rock Slide's accuracy is painful, but it's really important for beating Volcarona, as it's a clean OHKO, and since Volcarona doesn't OHKO Landorus even after a Quiver Dance, I get two chances to hit. It also gives me a good option against lead Articuno, since Chansey doesn't like switching directly in lest it be an Articuno2 that decides to open with Sheer Cold. Sludge Wave's coverage is limited, but it gives enough neutral coverage to let Landorus 2HKO many things, and is really nice against physical Grass-types like Tangrowth or Virizion. HP Ice is honestly the weakest link here. Without the Sheer Force Boost, 2x super effective HP Ice doesn't even outdamage neutral Sludge Wave, and HP Ice makes Landorus take Life Orb recoil to boot. Accordingly, HP Ice is really only good in 4x super effective situations, and even there, it is often too weak to guarantee a OHKO. OHKOing Salamence and Landorus is great, of course, but many Ice-weak foes are handled at least as well by the other moves, so I'm moving in the direction of replacing it with Psychic. Psychic's coverage is sadly a bit redundant with Earth Power, as both hurt Poison-types, but going through the set4 list, it appears to be useful in more situations than HP Ice, thanks to the Sheer Force boost.

The inability to set up does mean I have to lean a bit harder on Chansey and Slowbro than with Dragonite (for example, Dragonite would usually just Dragon Dance and attack against Latios 1 and 2, while with Landorus, Chansey has to come in and set up), but so far, this hasn't been a problem. Since my lead is a purely attacking Pokemon, Taunt is less irksome, so I've gone back to Regenerator Slowbro to ease switch stalling against things like Froslass.

I'm 230-something battles in, and proceeding slowly, since most battles still require substantial setting up by either Chansey or Slowbro, but the team is solid. Sure, I suspect lots of leads would work decently well with the Chansey + Slowbro core, so it's hard for me to say how close to "ideal" the Landorus lead is, but it's certainly pulling its weight, and while it can't do all the generalist work that lead Dragonite could, it can at least handle stuff that lead Dragonite couldn't. I'll keep you guys appraised of how things go, and whether I end up deciding if it's actually better than Dragonite or not.

Continued good luck with the streaks everyone, and if you're looking to try something new, you could do worse than experimenting with Zapdos or Landorus!

Its been a while since I have played pokemon or been on this site(I'm actually sunzet-therian forme but I forgot my password) but i finally got back into it and am posting a team mainly for suggestions and such.

500 (ongoing) streak in XY Maison Super Triples

Battle Videos:
#500: 9S8W-WWWW-WW34-U3ST
#438:C8MW-WWWW-WW34-ZP3W
(Lead jolteon getting the paralysis on Aang and allowing Luxray to ice fang Curry thankfully leaving him with six HP left. Anything more threatining than Haxorus meaning something with priority or that's faster than Taylor Swift and it could if resulted in a loss.)
#198:NREG-WWWW-WW34-ZP4Q
(Another jolteon lead)

Garchomp@Life Orb**Curry
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Rough Skin
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Swords Dance
-Protect
EVs:12HP/236Atk/4Def/4Sp.Def/252Spe

Curry is an awesome pairing with Greninja/Aron lead getting a free swords dance and firing of insanely powerful Earthquakes and Dragon Claws. One thing different from R Inanimate's Garchomp set is that mine has life orb over focus sash swapping items with Aang. To me it's more that Aang needs the focus sash than Curry needs the life orb. The move choices are obvious ones and the set is turskain's Garchomp set.

Aron@Berry Juice**Donnel
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Sturdy
-Endeavor
-Toxic
-Swagger
-Protect
EVs:None

Donnel is the core of the team and is there almost solely for the follow me/rage powder effect while having three lives to live. Endeavor gives it a way to knock an opponent down to 12/1 HP which goes nicely with the spread moves. Toxic allows it to K.O. weakened enemies and can even take out high HP ones with endeavor plus toxic. Swagger is a luck thing that is only ever used if it is th only option. Protect gives it a extra turn of draw power and can be used multiple times for up to 4-5 turns of safety.

Greninja@Focus Sash**Aang
Nature:Timid
Ability:Protean
-Mat Block
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
EVs:4HP/4Def/252Spa/4Sp.Def/244Spe

Aang is there to set up Mat Block first turn and then assist Curry in taking out the opposing Pokemon while there drawn away by Donnel. In R Inanimate's team he used grass knot. I decided to go for dark pulse passing grass knot to Taylor Swift. Dark pulse has many upsides:
1.It is cross field allowing Curry many more possibilities. For example: Lead Frosslass(far left).
Curry used Earthquake
Donnel used endeavor(on one of the other Pokemon)
Aang used Mat Block

Earthquake will break its sash and allow Aang to snipe it from any position with Dark pulse. Starmie which carries ice beam can be Dark Pulsed being taken out 87.5% of the time. With endeavor or earthquake plus Dark pulse its gone.

2. It is effective against most Trick Room setters and ghosts, which are immune to endeavor, in general aiding in the prevention of TR getting set up.

Talonflame@Sharp Beak**Mockingjay
Ability:Galewings
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
-Protect
EVs:252HP/252Atk/4Sp.Def

Mockingjay is a strong priority attacker and can switch into Earthquake when Taylor Swift isn't optimal. It also is immune to opposing Earthquakes which are extremely common because of Donnel. Tailwind is almost never used and might be the first thing to change.
One of the replacement choices I thought about for Mockingjay was Gastrodon. It solves the fast electric problem and can absorb and take advantage of Aang's surfs. I kept Mockingjay though because the priority is really nice and as is the ground immunity. Gastrodon also performs very well against TR teams.

Gardevoir@Gardevoirite**Taylor Swift
Nature:Timid
Ability:Telepathy->Pixilate
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Grass Knot
-Protect
EVs:4HP/252Spa/252Spe

I wanted a backup that could switch into Curry's Earthquakes and Aang's Surfs. Gyarados(R Inanimate's choice) is immune to Earthquake and takes minimal damage from Surf. I didn't want to copy more as the front three pokemon are his idea already. Looking at other options none of the other Flying/Waters are any good nor Flying/Grass. There are some good Flying/Dragons but they all stack a 4x weakness to ice with Curry. Next I looked at Levitaters. Latios and Latias are the only ones that are pretty good but they too have an ice weakness. I was stumped, but then I realized that telepathy provides immunities to both. The obvious choice was Gardevoir and it worked out perfectly. It took care of my Mega slot and absorbs focus blasts(aimed for Donnel)extremely well.

Scizor@Choice Band**Flik
Ability:Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Quick Attack
EVs:220HP/116Atk/124Def/4Sp.Def/44Spe

Flik was chosen as it covered the weaknesses well and provides an extra form of priority. The EVs are built to allow Flik to survive a +2 Curry Earthquake 100% of the time. It also gives enough power to take out Togekiss4 in one hit and even has enough defense to survive an Electivire4 Fire Punch 93.7% of the time.

Jolteon, Electrode, and Manectric are all a pain in the ass for Aang even with Focus Sash. They all have a chance to paralyze and jolteon even has a chance to flinch leaving Curry and Donnel open for attack. None my backups switch into them very well as none of them enjoy paralysis.

I mentioned that dark pulse is good against TR setters and Gastrodon is great under TR but TR has not once been used where it puts me in a tough spot. The only times it gets used are late in the game when its irrelevant. All the TR setters are way too busy with Donnel to twist the dimensions.

The whole strategy is really quite simple and really only strays off course when something faster than Aang/priority appears.
Swords Dance+Endeavor+Mat Block Turn one.
Any combination of moves to take out usually 2-3 opponents and those that survive can't resist Donnel charm and frees me up a turn.

I've been trying to play a little bit more expendibly with Donnel in the terms that I would rather sacrifice Donnel than have a gravely wounded Taylor Swift or Mockingjay.

That is pretty much it and hopefully I can stretch this streak a while longer and get a good number on the leaderboards. Everyone have a good time and keep up the streaks!

Hey everyone. Hit a new number today, 2400 triples ORAS.
Video: J6UG-WWWW-WW35-C58B (Pretty standard battle, not very exciting sorry.)

Same team, few moveset changes in bold below.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid; EVs- 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Mat Block
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Grass Knot

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Calm; EVs- 244 HP/ 108 Def/ 100 SpA/ 56 SpD
IV: 31/31/31/28/26/31
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Grass Knot
Taunt

I have been having good success with grass knot over the previous HP-ground. Although, now Zebstrika has become his natural enemy having either lightning rod, motor drive, or sap sapper. I never choose correctly in case you were wondering.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant; EVs- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Return
Protect
Dragon Claw

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Adamant; EVs- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Protect
Fly

Sharp beak is back instead of choice band. Protect is useful. I have replaced tailwind with fly since Thundurus punishes with thunderwave and fly acts as a secondary protect in certain situations. Important to note that thunder, hurricane, and smack down will still connect, which I forgot a few times. Still, I’ve used it more than tailwind or u-turn.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly; EVs- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Dragon Claw
Iron Head
Earthquake
Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Brave; EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Wide guard
Sacred sword
Shadow sneak
King’s shield

Been a good run so far. I am sure I have more interesting battles saved, but I have to go through and re-watch them. But here is one of my closest battles that I was sure was the end of my streak. It’s 15 turns so here’s the breakdown in case you don’t want to watch.

Video: FJ2W-WWWW-WW35-C595

Versus scientist: Greninja is hit with thunder and subsequently paralyzed causing mat block to not go up. Salamence is also paralyzed first turn. Encore from Raichu causes problems for Thundurus. Aegislash comes in clutch, taking out 4 of the team, with weakness policy activating and avoiding will-o-wisp and paralysis. I noticed while watching again that Raichu (her last remaining versus Aegislash turn 15) could have also used encore for a victory.

Congrats to everyone who has been doing work here!

With regards to this post:
For now, I'm pretty much finished with the Battle Maison, having met all my goals - it took a long while and a lot of runs to finally make it to 1000+ in Doubles and Rotations, but it was worth it.

In the process of playing the Maison (and doing assorted activities such as breeding and completing a livedex), I've reached a playtime of 999:59 on the save file on both Y and OR. Having spoken to other Maison players, these numbers seem like par for the course in chasing multiple top streaks. Paraphrasing Jumpman16: "Time remains the great equalizer in the Maison" - with the inflated streak lengths the Maison has brought thanks to Mega Evolution and a general power creep in favor of the player, that line is more true than ever before, with 4 different modes, all of which can be stretched past the 1000-win mark.

I'm hoping that the next battle facility installment will increase the difficulty to decrease the length of streaks drastically - frankly, playing a single winning streak for hundreds of hours is not sane game design. You could say the ultra-long streak in previous generations never were, but it has really gotten out of hand with the Maison. Some of the possible ways GameFreak could help with this are:

1) Giving the AI trainers the ability to use Mega Pokémon - perhaps Ace Trainers are guaranteed to have one of the game's Mega Pokémon on their team. This would even out the Mega advantage slightly, without throwing too many Mega Kangaskhans at the player given there's quite a large amount of Megas in the game, and not all trainers would need to be able to run them.

2) A more dangerous trainer set list - right now, the majority of Maison trainers only use Set4s, and are very predictable. The amount of deviant trainers could be doubled, and all type specialists could be given the Roller Skater treatment of being able to run both Set3s and Set4s.

3) A notably stronger AI. Major improvements seem unlikely given the difficulties involved, but squashing some of the bugs and quirky behaviours in Rotations and Triples could help a fair bit.

4) A larger, more threatening pool of AI-usable Pokémon - Azumarill and Diggersby with hardcoded Huge Power, Eviolite users such as Chansey and Porygon2, Rotom formes, Aegislash, Amoonguss, Jellicent, Therian formes for the genies, Megas as mentioned before... while possibly cutting out of some of the weaker Pokémon in the pool (looking at you, Dewgong4 - please don't make a Quick Claw Sheer Cold + Encore set, though)

5) Separate set lists for different modes - Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotations. In the past, Singles was always the main mode and Doubles seemed like a secondary priority - but with four main modes and a bigger emphasis on all of them with the five trophies, the sets are being stretched out more thin than ever before. A larger amount of AI sets in Doubles/Triples running moves exclusive to the modes would spice it up, and keeping them separate to still allow Singles sets to have four usable moves. For Rotations, the list might use some more screens, field conditions, Wish, and other strategies more effective in that mode - though a Singles list is probably good enough already.

SEE YOU NEXT MISSION hopefully in the Frontier; failing that, maybe new Megas in Z will spice up the Maison clone. If even that doesn't happen, maybe in the seventh generation...
I agree with everything here. Really good ideas and I hope to see some in the future. Especially giving the enemy some megas to use. Would really add to the fun and replay value.

Have a good thanksgiving and holiday season everyone. Good luck to those still challenging the Maison!

After some grinding, I've gotten to 86 consecutive wins with AI on XY Multis! 7TRG-WWWW-WW36-XVHN

My strategy was similar and my teams the exact same as my last streak.

copy-pasted

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
31/xx/31/31/31/31
Timid
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Protect

I didn't megavolve 90% of the time, since I exclusively used garde for telepathy because the ai's chomp loves to do nothing more than kill your lead. It turns out that it doesn't register air balloons, and it won't use earthquake if your pokemon's typing has one type that is weak to eq and it's not flying type (so, for example, it will always choose outrage if you have crustle, which is neutral, but the ai only sees rock type.) I have to have a neutrality, and maybe make my team's rock/ice weakness slightly less awful, so I settled on normal garde. normal garde is super slow, so I have to use timid if i don't want to gouge my eyes out. once the ai's chomp is finally dead, i can megavolve and hit slightly harder and go slightly faster, which is why i had gleam instead of hyper voice. protect is there for weird things that i don't account for. i don't take this seriously to control-f every pokemon i encounter on that huge document, and it helps against the aforementioned hawlucha and unfezant

Brave Bird (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
31/31/31/xx/31/31
Adamant
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Steel Wing

I've used U-turn once or twice. I think I've used Steel Wing against a last poke Aurorus once. I think I've used Flare Blitz like 10 times to kill last-pokeon Steelix or last-pokemon Ferrothorn/Forretress. This thing spams Brave Bird and destroys Trick Room teams, it also destroys almost everything else. If I could have two of these instead of a garde and talonflame, I would do it in a heartbeat. Oh well.

AI's team:

Garchomp 3 @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire Fang
Crunch

Satan. I hate this thing but it's the only way I could ever beat the Maison. It uses Earthquake whenever it does damage to one thing and sometimes even when it doesn't (It doesn't recognize either balloons or Levitate and will gladly keep EQ'ing about until it dies, no switching ever) It uses Outrage whenever there are 2 flyings, or sometimes if there's one flying that it really cares about? Sometimes it uses Outrage if EQ is better. It uses Fire Fang on Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn. It never uses Crunch. Ever.

Eelektross 3 @ Assault Vest
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk
Brick Break
U-Turn
Wild Charge
Grass Knot

I'm fully convinced this spams random moves until something does fair damage. It can't kill my own Pokemon, so it can do its own thing. It's the weakest link, but you don't need a perf team to beat the Chatelaines.

Regice leads destroy me, Gardevoir can't deal with it before it kills Garchomp and the lacking Eelektross has to try to beat the AI with me. Starmie3's Sash won it for them, not much I could have done except git gud. I won't grind this for a while, I'm very satisfied with this Multi streak and don't think I'll beat it any time soon, at least with this current strategy.

Also, I got every trophy a while ago but I never bothered to post it until I got a respectable streak.

Last edited:
Barely even post-worthy, but I figure I'll get this up for now so I can say I did it first (though by now someone other than me has to have thought of this).

This is a Super Doubles streak of 104 wins.

I've been sitting on this idea since the early days of XY, but due to incredible laziness and being distracted by things such as VGC and, *god forbid* real life, I haven't gotten around to really creating much of a streak with this team archetype yet.

Team:

Fletchling
Fletchling @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 1
EVs: None
- Protect
- Fly
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind

The "baitmon" strategy is fairly well known by now, but this was originally conceived as an adaptation of Pikiwyn's strategy using Carvanha all the way back in the days of the Subway. This team has undergone many, many, MANY renditions (think hundreds of hours of testing and theorymonning) using a lot of different ideas but this set was the crux of all of them. (There will be a much better streak to show for it in the future, trust me.)

If you aren't familiar, the "baitmon" strategy relies on one poke on the field being either extremely weak defensively (as in the case of Carvanha/Sharpedo), or low-leveled (as in the case of other baitmons such as Aron and the infamous Lv. 2 Togekiss). As the AI has a strong (though not 100%) bias towards attacking things it knows it can KO, the baitmon can redirect attacks away from its partner, using Protect and a priority Fly (thanks to Gale Wings) to block the opposing Pokemon's attacks. The AI also will never attack a poke on the turn that it is already in the air, even with moves that can hit it (Think Thunder, Hurricane, No Guard moves, etc.), so by Protecting with the partner Pokemon while Fletchling lands, the cycle can repeat as long as Fletchling's PP holds out (112 turns!).

Fletchling's other moves would seem to be filler at first glance, but they are both highly useful and valuable (in fact, I probably wouldn't replace them even if Fletchling got every move in the game!). Quick Guard prevents priority moves from outright breaking the strategy, since the AI will also has a heavy bias towards priority moves (if it knows it can KO with them). At the very least, it can allow me to scrape out at least one or two more turns of partner protection before Fletchling goes down, and on rare occasions (when both foes have priority moves), can allow me to hardwall the opposing Pokemon completely! Tailwind, which also gets priority-buffed, is an ideal suicide move, and comes in handy when I know Fletchling will die next turn, or when outspeeding the opposing Pokemon is more useful than being protected from them (think Aerodactyl's Flinch Slide).

Stats don't really matter, but I bred a pretty optimal one. Its HP IV is above 10 so that I can have 12 HP and survive weather for another turn, a -Def (Hasty) nature and a less-than-13 Defense IV gives me the minimum Defense stat of 4, a less-than-23 Sp. Def IV gives me the minimum Sp. Def of 5.

Mega Blastoise
Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 60 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Protect

A really underrated mega in general, Blastoise is bar-none the best partner for Fletchling in the game (at least, that is allowed in the Maison). Water Spout always surprises me at how powerful it is, even when Blastoise has taken damage (in fact, it has to take 40% for Water Spout to be weaker than Surf). Mega Launcher is also great for buffing my coverage moves, essentially giving them a pseudo-STAB. Dark Pulse is chosen over other coverage (Ice Beam in particular) because it still does decent chunks to Grass types and also whacks Ghosts (which often go for Blastoise since many cannot target Fletchling due to having only Ghost moves as attacks), as well hitting certain annoying Psychic types (Devil's Cresselia and Sleep+Dream Eater Pokemon). Aura Sphere hits Cradily harder than Ice Beam and makes short work of Empoleon, who packs Aqua Jet. Mega Blastoise being as naturally bulky as it is, as well as having no 4x weaknesses, is also essential as it prevents it from getting targetted most of the time and reduces the HP lost from spread moves. Its speed is also just high enough to make him avoid many potential Rock Slide flinches from slower Rock, Ground, and Fighting-types and is just enough to outspeed basically the entire Maison under Tailwind.

As mentioned previously, Protect is mandatory on Blastoise as well as every member of this team, as on the turn Fletchling comes down from Fly, both AI opponents will target Fletchling's partner (due to Fletchling having been in the air).

I know the EVs on my pokes have specific purposes but I'm too lazy to look at my notes and list them, if anyone is interested in them I will edit this post.

Ludicolo
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 180 SpA / 12 SpD / 54 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Certainly the weakest member of the team. I had a few reasons for using him- he is a pretty surefire counter to Water Absorb Suicune and Vaporeon thanks to his 4x resistance to Surf, ability to thaw himself out of Blizzard freezes with Scald, and a super-effective STAB to hit them with, but beyond this he mostly just dies. Has awesome coverage though, just decent enough power once you include Life Orb, and the ability to heal himself with Giga Drain. Definitely going to exchange him for something else in future runs.

Edit: I have since replaced this with Gastrodon, which is a little better than Ludicolo. I will update when I have a better streak to show for it.

Dragonite
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 172 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Power-Up Punch
- Roost
- Protect

This is certainly the strangest looking set on this team. Dragonite is nice because it makes for a near-optimal switch-in to Wood Hammers, Leaf Storms, and even Thunders (thanks to Lum Berry and Multiscale), which are among the few moves that will be thrown Blastoise's direction. Multiscale also creates basically the only situation where having recovery can be actually beneficial (on this team, at least), as when Fletchling's partner is in KO range, it will nearly always target it instead of Fletchling (presumably because it knows Dragonite or whoever else is much stronger than Fletchling). Power-Up Punch is basically there to try to fit both coverage and setup into one slot (since it is quite hard to justify replacing any of his other three moves), and though it obviously isn't ideal, it works better than you might think. Dragon Claw is complete ass, I hate Dragon as a STAB in 6th gen.

Problem stuff (warning- long):
Spread moves: This is the most obvious threat to this team. As anyone who has played Doubles knows, the way to beat Follow Me is by using moves that hit both opponents. Unfortunately, there isn't much to be done about these- generally, though, it can eventually be overcome through singling out the spread user and by using a combination of Tailwind and smart switching.
"Rampage" moves: These include Outrage, Thrash, and Petal Dance. These moves will target randomly, and hence have a 50% chance of targetting Fletchling's partner. Making the mistake of leaving Blastoise in with the threat of Outrage is what caused my early 104 loss.
Water immunities: These include Water Absorb users, Storm Drain users, and Dry Skin users. These can be handled with varying degrees of success- some, such as certain Toxicroak, aren't all that threatening, and can be defeated by simply killing off all of its partners and then chipping away at it. Others, such as Suicune and Vaporeon, are literally my entire reason for putting Ludicolo (and eventually Gastrodon) on this team. Both Vaporeon and Suicune can carry Water Absorb and have sets that carry both Blizzard and Surf, whittling away at (and often freezing) Blastoise while it struggles to 3- or even 4HKO in return, losing increasing amounts of HP while having limited turns with Fletchling. Dragonite isn't a safe switch-in either, for obvious reasons.
Fake Out: This is only a problem if it comes out on a turn that Fletchling would be using Fly, but if it does, there is literally nothing I can do about it- even Quick Guard won't block it as the two moves are in the same priority bracket. Jynx is by far the worst offender in this, sporting all of a possible Dry Skin, Fake Out, and a Wide Lens-buffed Blizzard and Lovely Kiss.
Feint: This is Fake Out but even worse, and is fairly random as well. This completely breaks the strategy on basically any turn except for when Fletchling Flies and its Sash is still intact. Most of the users of this move can screw with the strategy in other ways too.
Two-turn moves: These moves really screw with the team's rhythm (Protect+Attack, Fly+Attack, land+Protect). For some reason, these moves will also target much more randomly than normal, even when backed by Power Herb which turns them into one-turn moves. These can range from totally non-threatening (lol Diggy Durant) to potentially lethal (Solar Beams mostly). Of special note is Phantom Force users, which breaks Protect (and never targets Fletchling).
Status moves: These also target randomly, though sleep tends to target Fletchling's partner more. Sleep, and paralysis are the biggest threats among status conditions because an untimely full para (or a sleep where I don't get lucky waking up turn 1) will often mean death for Fletchling's partner. Dream Eater users are extra annoying because they almost always ignore Fletchling to use Dream Eater after they have put Fletchling's partner to sleep. Toxic used by Poison types also deserves mention here as it can hit Fletchling on the turn it Flies, breaking its Sash and putting it on a timer.
Airborne moves: These are moves that can hit Fletchling during Fly. These include Thunder, Hurricane, Whirlwind, Sky Uppercut, Razor Wind, and Smack Down. No Guard falls under this category as well. These are annoying, but relatively manageable if they don't inflict status. Sky Uppercut is completely absent from the Maison, but Smack Down for some reason isn't, which is the biggest threat of all of them (as it knocks Fletchling out of the invulnerable turn of Fly and makes it available to target again). Hariyama is a complete douche with all of Feint, Fake Out, and Smack Down, in addition to having all of its other sets carry Bullet Punch for whatever reason. Machamp is also extremely annoying if it does have No Guard, as it carries Dynamic Punch, which always confuses, and possibly a Scarfed Rock Slide that can hit Fletchling as it Flies.

Loss + Battle Video
Battle Video: 4JHG-WWWW-WW36-2CU5

The loss was me playing sloppily and not realizing there was an Outrage on the field, which led to the early demise of Blastoise.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)