Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey look! That's me!

So, I know we shouldn't be talking about Illusion anymore, but because I still see a conversation going on about it, I guess I'll just explain how the battle in the replay went from my side.

So, I pretty much figured out the Gengar was Illusion from the preview and knew I had to watch out for it. At one point AA did a lot of predict-switches. This made me fear the Illusion popping up more and more while turns went by. So, at one point he switches his 'Ursaring' in on my M-Slowbro while I switch Slowbro out into Kingdra. Because he was making a lot of double-switches I didn't really think anything of him switching in Ursaring on my Slowbro. I switched in my MegaBro as it can easily wall Ursaring and I could set up SR in the process. But hey? Ursaring is not Ursaring and now my ursaring counter is dead. At that point the battle shifted and I had to really on Suicune now to wall Ursaring, which is pretty shakey. But hey, he does it again, byebye Suicune and while I managed to force Ursaring out a few times after that, (the real one), I didn't have anything to wall it anymore and Ursaring killed my remaining mons.

So, that's that, imo Illusion is way too unpredictable for stall to handle and it should be suspected imo.
This is inheritance. I can take your argument and apply it to a large number of things. Illusion is just ironically the most apparent of these. Oh god what if that's sap sipper swampert, or shell smash swampert or flash fire etc etc. There are plenty of moves and abilities that change the defining weaknesses and capabilities of a pokemon. With these come restrictions of the inherited set. Zoroak has its own moveset and in fact as long as the imposter doesn't lead health differences can give it away. Even close attention to switches can reveal it if you understand how ordering works. The argument of not knowing regardless of whether or not it's in the match is literally the meta. Anything can have anything.
Yes but at least you know the stats and typing of the mon. With Illusion you know nothing at all.
Ok. Honestly, I can see that Illusion is your driving force of discussion and stuff, but Snaquaza has honestly stated to stop the arguments, continue it in PM or find a place to make a thread for it. Just the fact that the illusion suspect is still being discussed in this thread is making me go crazy >_<. I come here to see viable sets that people have posted, and maybe an announced suspect or two, but you don't, nor do I need to prolong this discussion. Let Snaquaza or other council members decide whether this can be restarted. Seriously though, you got me in almost-rant formation here and I hate rant-me. So, please stop the discussion.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- Psychic / Sludge Wave / Hidden Power Ice

Are you tired of chanseys walling your sheer force Gengar that would otherwise (almost) 6-0s stall? Well maybe not, but I just hate chanseys that are not on my side so here is a sheer force user you could use to break balance and stall. Landorus-I has been unbanned in this meta so might as well give it back it's old job of destroying balance am I right? This set inherits from itself. Nothing in stall really appreciates taking one of its hits and landorus gets knock off to get rid of chansey's eviolite so another mon (such as Sheer Force LO gengar) can break the rest of the opponent's team. Earth Power and Focus Blast hits everything bar flying types hard, knock off is just a nice move to get rid of scarf/eviolite/thick club/w.e is viable

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 222-263 (54.9 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 199-235 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 152-179 (34.2 - 40.3%) -- 41.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Life Orb Landorus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 190-224 (42.7 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 229-270 (35.6 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Chansey: 341-403 (53.1 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 268-317 (68 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Chesnaught: 447-528 (117.6 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Throh: 268-317 (60.3 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm stepping down as the leader of Inheritance. I've not played the metagame much since it has gotten Other Metagame of the Month this time around, and because of its popularity, I don't feel like I'm fit to lead it anymore. Instead of this a Prime Council will be replacing me. You'll all have heard of councils, as they exist in many metagames. However, the "prime council" I set up has a little more power and act like the tier leaders. They have all the responsibilities of a tier leader, most importantly suspecting things, but also keeping the thread alive and such. The difference with tier leaders is that there is a trio of leaders, who all need to agree to suspect or do something for it to happen. This adds more variety to the opinions of the leaders, and they'll first have to convince each other that a suspect is in place, as suspects tend to lean to things being banned.

I'll still keep responsibility over this council, and will watch inactivity. If needed, I'll replace any of them with a good and active player, who's willing to keep the Other Metagame active. Additionally, if they can't get out of a problem when someone oppose, I can choose to veto it and let the other two get what they wanted, but only in extreme cases of stubbornness. If both have good arguments, it'll maximally become a normal discussion in the thread, but not a suspect unless the third agrees to suspect it too (this doesn't even have to mean banning).

Finally, they can also set up a discussion council, opposed to the prime council. Who will mostly discuss things in private, as the name states. This will also be a selection of good players, to get more opinions on the metagame. This can influence their opinions, but eventually they still have the power. When they suspect something, the prime council always gets to vote, but the discussion council still needs to meet a certain requirement. However, if it's a quickban, they must vote together with the discussion council.

When something is suspected, there must be a public vote. There can be a way to select who can vote objectively, for example a ladder rating, or winning certain tours. Even when the OMotM ends, this could happen on Aqua or any other server if necessary (probably tours in that case). Of course, they can also choose to let everyone vote.

Finally, welcome our new leaders: AllJokesAside, Chopin Alkaninoff and Lcass4919!

Congratulations!

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Here are a few sets to check out

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk / Trick

Inherit from Victini
This is an extremely efficient wall breaker. Choice Band Stab V-Create coming off of Entei's decent 115 Atk is no joke. Bolt Strike works excellently with V-Create to nuke water types and U-turn is good for creating momentum. Fourth slot is a toss up and I just use sleep talk.

Crawdaunt (Greninja) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Inherit from Crawdaunt
This is another wall breaker, maybe not as good as Entei but it can put in work. This set needs to be played delicately as Ninja's shit bulk will do it no favors but once in safely without fear of being hit with priority or something being faster it will do loads of damage. It also makes a good revenge killer with Aqua Jet.

Gastrodon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 164 HP / 232 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Inherit from Slowking
Gastrodon may not seem like the bulkiest thing ever but its typing and large HP helps make it a decent mixed wall. It can take hits to both sides of it's defenses pretty well and phaze out many set up sweepers that simply cannot ohko without multiple boosts. With the assault vest and regen it will be staying around a long time if your opponent lacks a solid answer to it.

Last edited:
Here are a few sets to check out

Inherit from Victini
This is an extremely efficient wall breaker. Choice Band Stab V-Create coming off of Entei's decent 115 Atk is no joke. Bolt Strike works excellently with V-Create to nuke water types and U-turn is good for creating momentum. Fourth slot is a toss up and I just use sleep talk.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk / Trick
I actually came up with a similar Zard-X set which hits a little bit harder while not being choice-locked. It does waste your precious Mega-slot, so Entei is definitely nice as a replacement for it. V-create nukes everything and Bolt Strike hits any bulky water that tries to stand in your way, mainly Suicune.

Inherit from Crawdaunt
This is another wall breaker, maybe not as good as Entei but it can put in work. This set needs to be played delicately as Ninja's shit bulk will do it no favors but once in safely without fear of being hit with priority or something being faster it will do loads of damage. It also makes a good revenge killer with Aqua Jet.

Crawdaunt (Greninja) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
This set I don't like at all. You are saying this is a wallbreaker, while it cannot break the most common defensive wall in the meta:

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you wan't something to inherit from Crawdaunt, use Ttar. It gets SE and Koff and is able to get past many walls like Suicune and Doublade/Aegislash. Greninja with its 95 base attack is just not powerful enough on the physical side to use Adaptability to its fullest potential.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
I actually came up with a similar Zard-X set which hits a little bit harder while not being choice-locked. It does waste your precious Mega-slot, so Entei is definitely nice as a replacement for it. V-create nukes everything and Bolt Strike hits any bulky water that tries to stand in your way, mainly Suicune.

This set I don't like at all. You are saying this is a wallbreaker, while it cannot break the most common defensive wall in the meta:

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you wan't something to inherit from Crawdaunt, use Ttar. It gets SE and Koff and is able to get past many walls like Suicune and Doublade/Aegislash. Greninja with its 95 base attack is just not powerful enough on the physical side to use Adaptability to its fullest potential.
I did say the ninja set needed to be used delicately...
Also..yes there is suicune but this is what happens after suicune is gone...

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 324-384 (72.9 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 244-288 (75.7 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 340-400 (52.9 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 282-334 (56.7 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Crabhammer vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 204-240 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 360-428 (111.1 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Greninja Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 212-250 (60.2 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 272-320 (75.5 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 500-592 (129.8 - 153.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

A few of these can survive and ohko but they will not be very useful to your opponent after taking a good hit and possibly having an item removed.
And if you really Are a ninja you can give it sd over superpower and give it a sash to hold. So yeah, you're right, suicune walls it(m-alt and m-venu are a headache for it as well). Also, ttar has a huge attack but it is kind of over kill when you look at those calcs above, the speed is the biggest reason to use this over ttar.
Btw if someone did run Crawdaunt TTar they would have to settle for rock slide cause Craw doesn't learn SE.

Last edited:
Greninja has an advantage over ttar or other stuff like sharpedo or crawdaunt itslef is that it's lightning fast and nothing on offense wants to take a hit. It can also run mixed getting past things that would wall it easily like altaria, zygarde, chesnaught, megaBro by clicking ice beam or dark pulse. Stab crabhammer is also great to pass stuff like throh / hippo that ttar struggles against.

Also, sheer force gengar can easily run knock off. mawile gives koff / focus blast / dual stab and some other shit like ice beam / flamethrower / ancient power... And once you koff, chansey isn't a counter anymore.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Gengar Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Chansey: 338-400 (52.6 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Or goodra for that matter.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Gengar Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra: 179-213 (46.7 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Grats to Lcass, Aja and Chopin for leadership.

Can Snaquaza please add the VA to the op, http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-council-elected.3529252/page-73#post-6511489

Also a couple sets that I'd like to repost not because they're new or anything, but because I've been using them a lot lately and I think are unappreciated for the work they put in.

Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

This thing has won me so many games, really good switchin against most defensive mons that like to throw wisp / toxic / scald around, great offensive presence against offensive teams, and a huge wincon against stall in a last mon situation since they have trouble damaging it and can't roar it. I recommend trying it out if you haven't already.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Hammer Arm / Drain Punch / Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Can't remember who posted that but it's surprisingly effective on more offensive teams. great check to a lot of physical attackers like terrak / ursaring / altaria... easily gets up spikes, often more than one layer. Walls adapt hoopa, great check to a lot of gengars who only run stabs + ice beam + focus blast. And is a big finger to ppl who try to lure out doublade with illusion gengar disguised as ursaring.

Last edited:

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Hammer Arm
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Can't remember who posted that but it's surprisingly effective on more offensive teams. great check to a lot of physical attackers like terrak / ursaring / altaria... easily gets up spikes, often more than one layer. Walls adapt hoopa, great check to a lot of gengars who only run stabs + ice beam + focus blast. And is a big finger to ppl who try to lure out doublade with illusion gengar disguised as ursaring.
'twas I; my most recent team had other requirements the Aegislash family tree, but I'll once again share my enthusiasm for the set nonetheless. I am curious as to why you chose Hammer Arm over Leech Seed -- Hammer Arm does make it more of a pain to wall, but Leech Seed wonderfully makes up for its lack of passive recovery and is fun with Doublade's low HP stat. And as an aside -- if you're not worried about Ice-types and you want a Mega Pinsir answer, Zapdos can pull off a slower, more defensive version of the Raikou set.

I figured out that Hammer Arm is for nailing Ursaring and probably other Normal-types (or Steel-types), but Drain Punch is a probable 2HKO against offensive Ursaring spreads anyways, and it still handles Ursaring if it's taken Spikes or Life Orb damage.

Something I've had good success with:

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Inherits from Wigglytuff, of all things. For those who don't know, Competitive is essentially a special Defiant with terrible distribution. However, on a bulky special attacker like Heatran it can be very effective. This set is a powerful hazard abuser, setting Stealth Rock and then punishing Defogs with superpowered coverage. For instance, after a Defog it easily 2HKO's even the most specially defensive of Cresselia!

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Heatran Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 253-298 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Small problem with that - Most defoggers on Stall I've seen are other Heatran or stuff that doesn't fear Heatran's moves. If it's another Heatran, they can do this:
0 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 312-368 (80.8 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is essentially a probable OHKO after one round of Life Orb damage. And you can only do this in return:
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Heatran Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 290-343 (75.3 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
While this may seem impressive, it requires that they actually defog on you before they realize that you aren't Levitate and just destroy you.

As for other defoggers I've seen:
0 SpA Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 218-258 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Heatran Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kingdra: 208-246 (58.7 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And in return Kingdra outspeeds you.

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Heatran Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 214-253 (33.3 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Nothing needed to say here - Yes, I have seen Defog Chansey.

While I will give Competitive credit for activating off of random intimidates, at least replace Flamethrower with Fire Blast to net some crucial KOs.

Small problem with that - Most defoggers on Stall I've seen are other Heatran or stuff that doesn't fear Heatran's moves. If it's another Heatran, they can do this:
0 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 312-368 (80.8 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is essentially a probable OHKO after one round of Life Orb damage. And you can only do this in return:
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Heatran Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 290-343 (75.3 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
While this may seem impressive, it requires that they actually defog on you before they realize that you aren't Levitate and just destroy you.

As for other defoggers I've seen:
0 SpA Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 218-258 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Heatran Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kingdra: 208-246 (58.7 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And in return Kingdra outspeeds you.

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Heatran Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 214-253 (33.3 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Nothing needed to say here - Yes, I have seen Defog Chansey.

While I will give Competitive credit for activating off of random intimidates, at least replace Flamethrower with Fire Blast to net some crucial KOs.
These are good points; I've run into quite a few Defoggers which, as consequence of their overall passivity, fail to present a credible threat to Heatran in the manner which Heatran and Kingdra act (as you pointed out). The Cresselia I mentioned is one example--others which I can recall include Doublade and Mew. Regardless, the set is obviously imperfect.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Something I've had good success with:

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Inherits from Wigglytuff, of all things. For those who don't know, Competitive is essentially a special Defiant with terrible distribution. However, on a bulky special attacker like Heatran it can be very effective. This set is a powerful hazard abuser, setting Stealth Rock and then punishing Defogs with superpowered coverage. For instance, after a Defog it easily 2HKO's even the most specially defensive of Cresselia!

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Heatran Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 253-298 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I like this set, it got me first time I played against it. Its surprise factor is decent and competitive really compliments Trans typing and stats. Most fat defog users will have a hard time doing anything to it if they don't carry t-wave. I think rocks+special defiant is an interesting combo and it may be good to have a spinblocker on the team, but idk..I would run a little speed on it to more efficiently break down fat cores, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/inheritance-298665902

Anyone know this guy? I don't want to place this here only to complain, I was gonna exhibit a new team but this guy I battled was just a jerk. I ignored so much of his text I forgot to keep hippowdon healthy and lost. Lol oh well.

Anyway here's my team, I know the synergy is bad I just wanted to test new sets.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Facade
- Knock Off

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Block
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Rest

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

A quick go-over:
Conkeldurr, great bulky setup, tanks hits from attackers and fights back hard. Wall breaks every core but Unaware or ghosts. Fire punch can probably be replaced by something better but Spinda doesn't offer too much.

Sceptile, my second contrary wall breaker, hits faster than Conk and breaks what he can't: Unaware water and grounds. Sub is for fighting walls like Chansey, Giga Drain lets you keep fighting and kills most things after a Leaf Storm or two.

Snorlax, my spin on the common set. He needs to get 2 Rock polishes to outspeed anything but he gets so many free turns with poison healing that it's possible. SD and Facade kills so much, and knock off is better coverage than anything Breloom has to offer in one slot.

Umbreon, antistall, trapping and killing Magic Bouncers that aren't steel/poison, and can trap and kill anything that troubles my attackers like unaware cune. It has situational use, but can be amazing team support.

ThundT, revenge killer with great coverage and power. He flies past weather speed boosters and can switch in on heatran, Zard, fire moves.

Hippo, like unaware cune only ground type, so, he's different. Different resists, STAB EQ is stronger than cunes moves, and yeah.

Thoughts? Anyone else enraged at the ignorance of the guy I battled?

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life

Anyone know this guy? I don't want to place this here only to complain, I was gonna exhibit a new team but this guy I battled was just a jerk. I ignored so much of his text I forgot to keep hippowdon healthy and lost. Lol oh well.

Anyway here's my team, I know the synergy is bad I just wanted to test new sets.

Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Facade
- Knock Off

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Block
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Rest

Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

A quick go-over:
Conkeldurr, great bulky setup, tanks hits from attackers and fights back hard. Wall breaks every core but Unaware or ghosts. Fire punch can probably be replaced by something better but Spinda doesn't offer too much.

Sceptile, my second contrary wall breaker, hits faster than Conk and breaks what he can't: Unaware water and grounds. Sub is for fighting walls like Chansey, Giga Drain lets you keep fighting and kills most things after a Leaf Storm or two.

Snorlax, my spin on the common set. He needs to get 2 Rock polishes to outspeed anything but he gets so many free turns with poison healing that it's possible. SD and Facade kills so much, and knock off is better coverage than anything Breloom has to offer in one slot.

Umbreon, antistall, trapping and killing Magic Bouncers that aren't steel/poison, and can trap and kill anything that troubles my attackers like unaware cune. It has situational use, but can be amazing team support.

ThundT, revenge killer with great coverage and power. He flies past weather speed boosters and can switch in on heatran, Zard, fire moves.

Hippo, like unaware cune only ground type, so, he's different. Different resists, STAB EQ is stronger than cunes moves, and yeah.

Hey cool team, may I suggest trying to fit in a mega evolution? Sure you don't need one to win, but your opponent will almost always bring one so why not even the odds. Umbreon and Hippo are a good start for a defensive backbone but I think it leaves you a bit open to strong special attackers like geokiss or boomburst m-alt.

Also, that guys salt levels were out of this world.

Hey cool team, may I suggest trying to fit in a mega evolution? Sure you don't need one to win, but your opponent will almost always bring one so why not even the odds. Umbreon and Hippo are a good start for a defensive backbone but I think it leaves you a bit open to strong special attackers like geokiss or boomburst m-alt.
I could give Sceptile his mega stone but then I lose power while contrary boosting. Once mega, he would be stronger and faster with better typing but would get weaker with every use of Leaf storm. It might be worth it tho.
Specific suggestions for a better defensive core? A poison type would be good because it would resist pixilated bbursts and fighting moves which are really common. Muk, venusaur, maybe even tentacruel?
Dude MVenu would be perfect. Ok, I'm probly gonna do that thanks.
Also, that guys salt levels were out of this world.
This is the perfect phrasing, lol

Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Facade
- Knock Off

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Block
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Rest

Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

A quick go-over:

That umbreon set seems pretty good, great asset against stall, I like it.
Rock polish snorlax seems stupid no matter how I look at it. If you really want a normal type maybe try braviary or stoutland, at least they can outspeed stuff.
Mega venusaur seems like it would fit your team really well since he can take most pixilate variants and gives you a goor check to opposing primasea users (i believe ha can switch in on a scarf set).

And yeah i battled that guy before i believe, same attitude, same comments, if he can't get past a wall he blames you instead of him and starts spouting complete nonsense about how he's loosing but still better. there's a couple ppl like that in the ladder (even in the upper ladder like trollinator) who spend the entire battle insulting you while loosing. just click the "ignore opp" button.

That umbreon set seems pretty good, great asset against stall, I like it.
Rock polish snorlax seems stupid no matter how I look at it. If you really want a normal type maybe try braviary or stoutland, at least they can outspeed stuff.
Mega venusaur seems like it would fit your team really well since he can take most pixilate variants and gives you a goor check to opposing primasea users (i believe ha can switch in on a scarf set).

And yeah i battled that guy before i believe, same attitude, same comments, if he can't get past a wall he blames you instead of him and starts spouting complete nonsense about how he's loosing but still better. there's a couple ppl like that in the ladder (even in the upper ladder like trollinator) who spend the entire battle insulting you while loosing. just click the "ignore opp" button.
All good points. I only settled on Snorlax because he is my bulkiest option for swords dance which I primarily use. The only reason I have RP is because the first battle I did with him, my opponent was foolish enough to try and kill lax with repeated hits from a special attacker and I had enough free turns to max out speed. He couldn't revenge Snorlax with his MegaLop and it was pretty hilarious. I figured the move had good surprise factor and allowed lax to clean up teams since he gets free turns, but that assumption was rash and I just never got around to replacing the move. I will consider Stoutland tho, he has a mix of bulk and offense that most other normals don't have.

I will look for that button in the settings and make good use of it, thanks.

I'm definitely going with MVenu, probably instead of Sceptile. Good MVenu Inheritance sets?

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
All good points. I only settled on Snorlax because he is my bulkiest option for swords dance which I primarily use. The only reason I have RP is because the first battle I did with him, my opponent was foolish enough to try and kill lax with repeated hits from a special attacker and I had enough free turns to max out speed. He couldn't revenge Snorlax with his MegaLop and it was pretty hilarious. I figured the move had good surprise factor and allowed lax to clean up teams since he gets free turns, but that assumption was rash and I just never got around to replacing the move. I will consider Stoutland tho, he has a mix of bulk and offense that most other normals don't have.

I'm definitely going with MVenu, probably instead of Sceptile. Good MVenu Inheritance sets?
I've used QD+tinted lens normal venu which I like, but not sure if that set would fit your team. I think on your team venu would be more valuable tanking water/fairy/fighting attacks for Hippo and Umbreon, instead of trying to dance and sweep.

I've used QD+tinted lens normal venu which I like, but not sure if that set would fit your team. I think on your team venu would be more valuable tanking water/fairy/fighting attacks for Hippo and Umbreon, instead of trying to dance and sweep.
mew has defog / softboiled / u-turn / wisp / sludge bomb / heal bell......
Slugma has clear smog, recover, wisp.
Your call, a bunch of set have been suggested in the previous pages but i think a poison type move would be nice to have for you.

mew has defog / softboiled / u-turn / wisp / sludge bomb / heal bell......
Slugma has clear smog, recover, wisp.
Your call, a bunch of set have been suggested in the previous pages but i think a poison type move would be nice to have for you.
Yeah, I think you definitely have to fit a Poison STAB move on your MVenu-set. If you want it to be your response to Pixilate Boomburst, you need a move to 2HKO M-Gardevoir so it won't set-up on you. Actually, in battle, if it Nasty Plot's when you switch in MVenu, you're screwed as it 2HKO's you before you can do the same to MGard. Also, if it inherits from Noivern it could run Psychic so watch out for that as well.

Mew is probably the best Donor for your MVenu as it gets sooooo much and its garbage ability doesn't matter once you mega-evolved. I see you don't run SR on your team so you could fit that on your MVenu as Mew provides that. Clear smog from Slugma is also pretty cool, but it doesn't quite solve the problem of it setting up. If it sets up when you Recover or when you just switched in, there is a chance MGarde 2HKO's you with the combination of a +2 Boomburst and a regular Boomburst (after Clear Smog).

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Actually, I've used the set on your sceptile, and it makes for a good Wallbreaker, Leaf Storm doesn't really matter at max Special attack but the healing really helps though, especially on your substitute set. Although, I reccomend something for not getting walled by tran.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Probopass is a sweet Magnet Pull passer due to its movepool giving access to moves like Earth Power, Earthquake, Power Gem, Stone Edge, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Fire Punch (yeah idk how a Probopass would Fire Punch either) etc. which means that passing to something like Garchomp, Gliscor or Landorus-I/T allows for easy trapping and eliminating of stuff like non-levitate Heatran.

Probopass is a sweet Magnet Pull passer due to its movepool giving access to moves like Earth Power, Earthquake, Power Gem, Stone Edge, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Fire Punch (yeah idk how a Probopass would Fire Punch either) etc. which means that passing to something like Garchomp, Gliscor or Landorus-I/T allows for easy trapping and eliminating of stuff like non-levitate Heatran.
Probopass also learns Smack Down which laughs at Levitate Steels, I have ran a set on Garchomp with EQ/Smack Down/Taunt/SR and it could take down pretty much any Passive Steel mon while also setting up SR in the process.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a quick query while I'm here.

If a Pokemon with access to a banned ability inherits from another Pokemon with the same banned ability (e.g. Azumarill inheriting from Mega Medicham, Wobbuffet inheriting from Gothitelle etc.), do they get to use that banned ability, or are they locked out of it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)