Dragonite (joke analysis) the joke was that it'll be finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
[OVERVIEW]

Using Dragonite on your team is like Christmas. You save the biggest box with the coolest wrapping paper for the very end, only to find out that it contains socks and an ugly pair of khakis. Its signature ability, Multiscale, is pretty much useless in a format filled with Fake Out and multi-target attacks. Its other ability, Inner Focus, lets it take Fake Outs to the face but also takes away the biggest "draw" to using Dragonite (and still loses to a decent Rock Slide).

[SET]
name: Disappointing Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Extremespeed / Earthquake / Fire Punch / Superpower
move 4: Protect
ability: Inner Focus
item: Weakness Policy / Leftovers / Life Orb / Yache Berry
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant / Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

[SET]
name: Mediocre Mixed Attacker
move 1: Draco Meteor / Dragon Claw
move 2: Hurricane
move 3: Extremespeed / Earthquake / Fire Punch / Superpower / Thunder
move 4: Protect
ability: Inner Focus
item: Life Orb / Weakness Policy / Leftovers / Yache Berry
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Rash

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I will allow this to be written on the condition that you actually write up the bulky Lando-T set as well as finally finishing up Metagross BEFOREHAND

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i don't think dragonite is so bad that it deserves a joke analysis. i mean it does get sky drop which is a great disrupting move and it's the only dragon to do so, so i'm sure someone could come up with a legit set that takes advantage of this. is it going to be the best thing ever? no. but it's certainly not the worst mon ever and it's also something that a lot of people might want to use when they're coming into the tier for whatever reason, so i think not attempting to make some sort of set for it is doing it and them a disservice. if this can't be done then it probably just shouldn't have an analysis.

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i don't think dragonite is so bad that it deserves a joke analysis. i mean it does get sky drop which is a great disrupting move and it's the only dragon to do so, so i'm sure someone could come up with a legit set that takes advantage of this. is it going to be the best thing ever? no. but it's certainly not the worst mon ever and it's also something that a lot of people might want to use when they're coming into the tier for whatever reason, so i think not attempting to make some sort of set for it is doing it and them a disservice. if this can't be done then it probably just shouldn't have an analysis.
don't worry arctic is never going to finish anyway

and no I'm not allowing a serious analysis on my watch anyway. Not until everything more viable (which is a long, long list imo) has one first.

You should've named the set "DON'T USE DRAGONITE" like all those shitty mons in RU.
LOL this piece of shit is so bad it makes other shitmons look like Mega-Kang.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I rarely comment in c&c anymore, I'm moving this thread temporarily so I can explain something.

Pure shitmons like Magikarp, Feebas, Unown, and Farfetch'd get joke analyses. Pokemon that are outclassed / unviable in a tier but have beastly stats (like Dragonite) don't get joke analyses. If they truly have no niche, then they shouldn't be considered a priority Pokemon and thus should not receive an analysis at all until there's literally nothing else to do. It's kind of arbitrary but I'm sure you guys can tell the difference between a typical joke Pokemon and something like Dragonite.

Soapbox over. DOU mods, feel free to comment and move this back. Thanks.

Bughouse

While I rarely comment in c&c anymore, I'm moving this thread temporarily so I can explain something.

Pure shitmons like Magikarp, Feebas, Unown, and Farfetch'd get joke analyses. Pokemon that are outclassed / unviable in a tier but have beastly stats (like Dragonite) don't get joke analyses. If they truly have no niche, then they shouldn't be considered a priority Pokemon and thus should not receive an analysis at all until there's literally nothing else to do. It's kind of arbitrary but I'm sure you guys can tell the difference between a typical joke Pokemon and something like Dragonite.

Soapbox over. DOU mods, feel free to comment and move this back. Thanks.
As the former mod who "approved" (but not really) this, gonna respond. The only reason this was ever even considered for getting one in the first place is that it gets enough usage to be DOU. Much like how Ambipom has a RU analysis that says don't use Ambipom.

Perhaps a joke analysis is the wrong wording, but yeah Dragonite by rule really should have a Doubles analysis since it is DOU by usage. And it should say how terrible it is.

I would still approve Dragonite on these grounds (specifically, the mediocre DD Weakness Policy set that the ladder uses)

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As the former mod who "approved" (but not really) this, gonna respond. The only reason this was ever even considered for getting one in the first place is that it gets enough usage to be DOU. Much like how Ambipom has a RU analysis that says don't use Ambipom.

Perhaps a joke analysis is the wrong wording, but yeah Dragonite by rule really should have a Doubles analysis since it is DOU by usage. And it should say how terrible it is.

I would still approve Dragonite on these grounds (specifically, the mediocre DD Weakness Policy set that the ladder uses)
Oh, believe me, I have no opposition whatsoever to an analysis advising someone NOT to use the pokemon. It wasn't always like that in the past though. Before, the wording was put very mildly, more like a "this pokemon is outclassed by x in y role." And even that was rare. I always pushed for a cleaner and more honest analysis format and worked a lot with Theorymon when the new standards were put in place. You're right, Dragonite is DOU by usage, so it gets an analysis, hands down. I even like that what's written so far is very blunt, and it reminds me of the OU Mega Latios set and Ubers Deoxys-N, both of which were incredibly harsh. But Deoxys-N, Mega Latios, and Dragonite are definitely not worthy of your typical joke analyses. I just wanted to clarify that before some scrubling waltzes into c&c and tries to write some snarky "joke" analysis for every Pokemon they don't like or think is overrated or whatever.

Also lol at WP Dragonite in doubles.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm gonna try working on this post-finals, making this a very long time in the making

and NixHex the tone in the overview is going to be relatively consistent throughout the analysis (and I am absolutely keeping the alliteration)

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Do it. Also lol @ 5 slashes. Good enough for a "don't use this mon" analysis. Bughouse do you want to move this back after all?

Bughouse

I don't run the show here anymore, but I mean yeah by rule it should get one so I'd keep it here.

If I had my way it would be only the DD WP, no other items on set and no mixed attacker.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
FTR I sent it to Locked / Outdated not because of the nature of the analysis itself, but because our analyses shouldn't be stuck in skeleton form for 4 fucking months. This better be done soon and it better be hilarious #tbh

Stratos

Banned deucer.
[12/4/15, 4:01:49 PM] Keith: hey shaian
[12/4/15, 4:01:53 PM] Keith: give me the dragonite analysis
[12/4/15, 4:05:11 PM] shaian: okay

fuck will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)