ORAS OU 3rd RMT, Highest Ranking at 1701 (Had a VERY bad day today)

Hi, Well I've got a lil more experience now and trying to mix and match a team that is very offensive and that has enough pressure to get me higher on the ratings. Just got my OR about 6 days ago, And the center of this team is the sole reason I got the game:

How? Why? Buying a game for a single pokemon? Yasir! And that pokemon is:

Cammy (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return
- Ice Punch

Yuhum! This sexy Cammy from Streetfighter lookalike!(when mega evolved). She is just such a good Mega evolution, Super fast, Above average attack, and with ripped pants!!! She is the center of the team, the Lady the team must protect, The set is pretty standard, but she does the job of late game sweeper and also early game momentum gainer. Though, Even if she's ko'd the team can still bear, mostly cause I've won at least 3Xish games without even using her.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

The most used pokemon in OU I think, and there's a good reason why! With so many builds to go about, most people dont even know what set the poke is running. I went for the def+ hp set since he has intimidate, he is a very good physical wall with a very nice attack stat, he's also my rock setter and normally my lead. Using U-turn gains me momentun and really just puts the game in my favor when used right. He's also my rock and Jirachi counter, will also destroy physical variants of hoopa unbound.

Frigidaire @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 176 HP / 144 Def / 144 SpD/44 spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

My second part of this volturn core, There is really no other pokemon that helps the team as much as this guy, absorbing both physical and special attacks above averagely, burning physical attackers and when weak and predicting a switch, just pain split there butts and volt switch. Really love the Levitate on this guy. What else can you ask from a Rotom-W? used to hate this little washing machine, but now I luv it (Specially since shiny variant tends to get confused with Rotom-H!!!)

KageBunshi(M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Fast, Hard hitting, Cool looking, One of my favs...Gengar is really my answer to fairy types and when a serious threat is identified, will desitny bond with it to hell lol. He might be a little frail, but being offensive is hitting hard and fast, and that is one thing Gengar can do and do it well!!! He also is another one of my ground counters*unless you're a bloody mold breaker excadril* and lets admit it, his shadow ball hits HARD! the only flaw I dont like about Gengar is Focus MIss, DAMN! I lost 11 gaames the other time because of him missing that crap at Key moments! -_-

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt

I have a physical wall, now I needed a special wall that could counter bravlonflame, also another NICE check against fairy types (unless you azumarill or Diancie), I love how I can just trap pokemon whenever magma miss doesnt well..miss, and just taunt toxic and laugh my ass off. He almost always gets the job he has to do done, before going to his pokeball dead and oxidated. He's my Stealth rock block, and my toxic setter.

Fanhead @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock-Off
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Last but not least, is Weavile. This thing is fast, hits hard, plays with yo head and gets KOs...LOTS OF OHKO's!!! Why? well Through this thing in front of latios = dead, tyranitar = dead, any psychic, ground/dragon/flying will come down crying for a merciful death. Why is this guy so useful? most people switch pokemon when they see this one come to battle, And depending on my options I either pursuit or knock off, depending which is more benetifial. Will usually use him to pursuit psychic types that put Cammy in danger.

After MANY MANY hours, I can come up with a list of pokes that will either destroy me, or just make it really hard to win.

First up: Rain teams, just really make it near impossible to win, IF any chance of winning is alive.
Stall teams depending on their setups, because I can use Heatran to just KO that glue that holds stall teams together, Which is mega sableye. However, teams that get SR and 3 layers of spikes, will almost always just stall me to death.

Unaware Stockpile Quagsire will destroy me if i let it set up. Hate this retarded frog/mocus guy.

Reliance on really inaccurate attacks may destroy my team, will o wisp, focus blast, HJK, this most of the time end up suiciding the team rather than getting wins.

Well There you have it, my third RMT NOW with ORAS megas, Hope you guys can help me improve the team and make it as efficient as possible. As you can also note, the team isn't really harmed by stealth rocks so I dont really need a spinner.

Hey man, this is a nice team but I feel you can use some changes. First I see that you may still be stuck in the mindset of "I need to have 1 physical wall, 1 special wall, etc..." This isn't really the structure you should be using when building teams because you should focus more on how to check certain threats/cores/playstyles in the meta. If I'm wrong about this, I apologize.

First, I'd like to say that the changes I am suggesting will change your team significantly.

Anyway, onto the team. I feel like lopunny+weavile is a nice offensive core supported nicely by landorus and rotom-wash. Gengar is also very useful in breaking things like slowbro/mew and even weakening mega venu/amoong for lopunny. However, I feel that all of this is not enough to help lopunny sweep. I think that changing heatran to klefki because it gives your team spikes and thunder wave. This is crucial because you are extremely weak to Keldeo. Thunder wave allows you to paralyze scarf variants while spikes limits the number of times it can switch in.

Now, changing heatran to klef makes you significantly weaker to scizor so I'm going to suggest changing bulky lando to a bulky rocky helmet garchomp with fire blast. This makes you a bit weaker to zardx however so I'm going to suggest thunder wave over pain split on rotom. Dual status is pretty useful and pain split isn't something you'll be using often on offensive teams like this.

Lastly, the no more heatran means you are much more weaker to stall. So I'm going to recommend running Lum SD bisharp over weavile. Lum SD sharp paired with taunt gengar can do lots of work vs stall teams especially since they threaten goth so much. And lop can even pressure sableye (if it doesnt get the boot)

I realize that these are significant changes to your team so here are some minor improvements you should consider if you decide not to follow the aforementioned suggestions:

Run icicle crash over low kick on weavile. Reason being low kick really only hits things like ferro/heatran/ttar which you already beat with lop/rotom/heatran/lando. No reason to run low kick. An option you can try is poison jab however, I'd run that over pursuit. Poison jab helps with your azumarill weakness.

I recommend running a standard spread on heatran of 248 Hp/ 192 Spdef/ 68 Speed. This allows you to retain bulk while still allowing you to outspeed somethings like mega scizor.

Run taunt over destiny bond on gengar. This helps you in breaking bulky cores and chansey cannot touch you at all.

Lastly, run power up punch over ice punch on lopunny. Ice punch really only hits lando/chomp/gliscor which are handled by teammates such as weavile and rotom. Power up punch still allows you to hit chomp and glisc with +1 returns for nice damage and wear them down fairly easily.

Hope I helped c:

Hiya, nice team and congrats on your peak. Although next time screenshot the peak so people can see it.
Anywho, onto the rate.

Weavile w/ Low Kick is very annoying to your team, as it threatens 4 out of 6 of your mons. Because of this, I suggest Azumarill>Weavile because it resists all of Weaviles moves besides Poison Jab and can semi help with Rain. However, if you want to continue using Weavile, I suggest you swap Low Kick for Icicle Crash as the added Base Power and flinch chance are very nice and you also have Lopunny for TTar and steels. Keep Pursuit for trapping Starmie, which is a huge issue to your team.

Lefties>Air Balloon on Heatran soley because offensive Tran benefits from Air Balloon much more, while SpD appreciates the passive recovery. Also some speed should be run on Tran, I suggest 48 EVs to outspeed standard Mega Venusaur and Mandibuzz. Also Calm>Bold on Heatran :P

Taunt/Will-O-Wisp are also options on Gengar over Destiny Bond, as the former helps with fatter mons such as Skarm, Chansey and rock's setters, as you don't have a hazard remover, while the latter helps with SpD Gliscor, TTar, Bisharp and Mega Scizor. Also Wave>Bomb

Amoonguss>Rotom-W As it stands, you have 1 water resist, which Keldeo can 2HKO with Specs Sword. 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 176 HP / 144 Def Rotom-W: 171-202 (60 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Amoonguss brings a lot to the table with Spore, Regenerator that can make it a bulky pivot and Clear Smog to stop setup sweepers in their tracks. Also helps with Azumarill, for which your team has no switchins.

Garchomp>Lando-T The chip damage from Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin is really useful for mons such as Talonflame, Bisharp and Mega Medicham. Although this makes you weaker to sand offense, you still have Azu with Aqua Jet to revenge. Endure can be used for more chip damage.

Also, I'd consider adding Mega Alakazam to the threatlist, as it outspeeds everything on your team and OHKOs or 2HKOs.

Final Summary
>
(Icicle Crash> Low Kick)
Lefties>Air Balloon and Calm>Bold
Taunt/Will-O-Wisp>Destiny Bond (Optional) Wave>Bomb
>

>

AV Azumarill
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off/Superpower

Choice Band Azumarill
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower/Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure/Toxic/Fire Blast

Hope I helped, GL with the team :B

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hi steffan08,

first of all, your team seems to be a bit weak to stall, so I'd just make a minor fix by replacing Ice Punch with either Encore or Power-Up-Punch on Lopunny; this will allow you to break through fat balanced cores.

Then, I'd put Tornadus-Therian over Gengar as you need a semi-reliable switch-in to keldeo which is also able, unlike Amoonguss, to weaken stall teams. Tornadus-Therian is particularly good at doing this thanks to its access to Knock Off and its coverage. It also helps you deal with Scizor-Mega, Ferrothorn, and Mega-Alakazam while being very effective in a voltturn core alongside Rotom-W and Lando-T.

Rocky Helmet on Landorus-Therian is probably the best item which provides useful cheap damage against physical sweepers. Then I'd just give Rotom-Wash a full defensive EVs spread. Heatran, as it was already suggested, should hold Leftovers and have a Calm nature. You can also try a faster variant of Heatran if you want to get rid of Special Defense.

Finally, as you lack a solid revenge-killer, I suggest you to replace Weavile with Choice Scarf Excadrill. It will help you deal with Fairy-types after the removal of Gengar from your team, and it is like the only way to remove entry hazards while outspeeding common threats such as Mega Alakazam which would otherwise 6-0 your team with a bit of prior damage on Heatran.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Good luck with your team!

Hi all!! First off Thanks for the Replies, And let me say i Took a bit of both observations. First I changed my Heatran's Spread to calm and changed his EV Spread. Second, I substituted WEavile for Azumarill, and boy! To great results!!! Destiny bond changed to taunt on Gengar(thinkin of removing gengar over Tyranitar) and also made my Rotom-W Defensive. >:D

I didn't put the screen of 1700s Rating, because I've always been between 1550 1720s so it isn't a great feat all in all! :P When and IF I get to 1800s then i'll post hehe.
Tricking obii Skarmx2

The idea of running amoongus is starting to grow in my head, I REALLY want weavile+Lopunny But that would sacrifice Azumarill, ANy ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)