350 Cup

Can we please get an update to the original post about all the new banned pokemon? It is really frustrating for players new to this format who want to test it out in a tournament only to find that a few of strong recommended pokemon are banned and then DQed for not picking the correct pokemon. I mean I could use my ubers team but that isn't any fun.

Can we please get an update to the original post about all the new banned pokemon? It is really frustrating for players new to this format who want to test it out in a tournament only to find that a few of strong recommended pokemon are banned and then DQed for not picking the correct pokemon. I mean I could use my ubers team but that isn't any fun.
Yeah, I totally agree; it would be great if the op were updated. Trying to find what is still legal/ viable is really frustrating, esp when I've been out of the meta for a little while.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Sunkern should get x4 stat boosts to be 120/120/120/120/120/120 since that is hot for a grass type owait its still terribad rip its face w/o eviolite

RIP SUNKERN

It should get sunkern clause, where it gets 120x6, and eviolite.

That is a wall:

252+ SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Filter Sunkern: 100-118 (22.5 - 26.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after hail damage
Oh, and give it filter too.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So seeing that this may possibly win OMoTM, how do you guys think under discovered threats like Primal Groudon and Kyogre will fair with the LC Gods. Also newly discovered things like Contrary Snivy and Sheer Force Totodile have been added since it was OMoTM last time, how will they do?

P.S Think Smeargle should be unbanned due to the BP nerf in July that nerfs it quite a bit

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
So seeing that this may possibly win OMoTM, how do you guys think under discovered threats like Primal Groudon and Kyogre will fair with the LC Gods. Also newly discovered things like Contrary Snivy and Sheer Force Totodile have been added since it was OMoTM last time, how will they do?

P.S Think Smeargle should be unbanned due to the BP nerf in July that nerfs it quite a bit
i feel like retesting smeargle could be something looked into, as we DO have deoxys speed, whom is allready a super fast hazard setter, smeargle just sacrifices speed, offense and bulk, for the ultimate moveset. i feel like a suspect would be justified.

it's the fact the sticky web is actually insanely good in this meta, and smeargle is quite bulky, but it has no offensive presence, but it has dark void/spore and parting shot so why does that even matter

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
smeargles bulky? id hardly consider 110/70/70 bulky...but it IS bulkier then deoxys s, so maybe suspecting it is a bad choice. especially with sticky web support, and reliable sleep.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
smeargles bulky? id hardly consider 110/70/70 bulky...but it IS bulkier then deoxys s, so maybe suspecting it is a bad choice. especially with sticky web support, and reliable sleep.
Although the ORAS meta brought new threats like Mega Sableye and Diancie, while having stuff like Soul Dew Latis for hazard removal, but still could see it being a problem

R.I.P. Krokorok, 351 BST.

My old-school favorites Machop and Rhyhorn are beasts!
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Rhyhorn: 222-264 (42.3 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Rhyhorn Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 160-189 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
_____
252+ Atk Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Rhyhorn: 228-270 (43.5 - 51.5%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Rhyhorn Avalanche vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 262-310 (64.8 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
_____
252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Rhyhorn: 186-222 (35.4 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Rhyhorn Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 219-258 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just a few opponents.
Machop has 140/160/100/70/70/70 stats. I realize 70 speed is terrible, but a No Guard DynamicPunch off of 160 attack will, well, destroy + confusion

252+ Atk Choice Band Machop Dynamic Punch vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 343-405 (89.3 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Machop Dynamic Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 178-211 (44 - 52.2%) -- 16.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Max def Groudon.

I noticed Magnemite. Garbage stats except 190 SpA which it can use to trap and annihilate steels.

Also, I just have to say I cracked up so hard when I calced Diggersby Quick Attack a clean OHKO on abra

Last edited:
Looks like this is going to win OM of the month for November. Looks like an interesting meta. Some sets I want to try

Ruffle @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Brave Bird
Return
Superpower
U-turn

Hustle with base 166 Attack? OUCH! Brave Bird is the main STAB; Return is there when you don't want recoil. Superpower hits the Rock and Steel types, U-turn lets you scout. EVs maximise Speed and power.

Drifloon @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
Stockpile
Baton Pass
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball

This set can turn any fast attacker into an absolute monster.

Would smeargle suspect REALLY be so bad? In all fairness, Sticky Web has no GOOD hazard setters in 350, unless it gets Smeargle back. If Dark Void/Spore is such a big deal, then a clause which stops smeargle using dark void with other status moves can easily be done (spore being blockable in a variety of ways, such as grass types and overcoat). Smeargle has more bulk, but in the 350 metagame, 70 on defenses are still near-enough to pitiful that he's easily 2HKOed by a good strong attacker...

(I'm so glad this won over 2v2 Doubles...)

Looking forward to trying this (later in the month, when I actually have time). The OP really needs some cleaning up, though. Is Cranidos banned or S rank? Why are there so many broken images? Who the hell is "Snivly"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)