Lower Tiers Doubles OU Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
generally hippowdown doesnt bring anything to the team Lando-T can't. It's outshined in utility and damage, the only thing lando-t cant really beat hippo in is maybe defenses but lando-t has intimidate so that's arguable.

in utility the only thing hippo has that lando-t hasnt AND can be of some value is Roar, and as a sand setting pokemon it's not really viable because it doesn't bring anything but raw bulk to the team, as it resists nothing useful, is weak to common attacking types and only has electric as an immunity which is imo p useless since it's easy to see hippo switches into electric moves. And to top that of, if you want bulk and sand ttar is actually as bulky as hippowdown and it doesnt have shitty SpD.
it's completely outclassed by everything and should stay UR (tbh tier 20).

On the other hand Politoed actually brings something to the utility side with a few good options that can make his set kinda unpredictable. + Rain actually benefits pokemon with Swift Swim, boosted water moves and an actually useful fire resist to everything. On the other hand, sand boosts SpD of all the good rocks that want SpD (hint: there are none) and boosts the speed of GOOD sand rush users (hint: there are none)

the only thing sand does that is mildly ok is break sashes and even that is meh

Stratos was being sarcastic. He was trying to point out that there were no good sand rush ground types with good typing synergy with Hippo, as well as no viable bulky Rock Type mons to get their SpDef boosted (unless you count Rhyp, but he gets bopped by Hippo's EQ)

edit: ninja'd

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
lando has to set sand. why would you use lando to set sand?
SpD is nice to Diance and Mega Aero

reg diance in tr can survive special steel moves and active weakness policy

lando has to set sand. why would you use lando to set sand?
SpD is nice to Diance and Mega Aero

reg diance in tr can survive special steel moves and active weakness policy
1. I think you missed the point, sand is NOT good, it's not worth it running. It brings nothing to a team but breaking sashes. Lando-T's standard scarf set is alone more useful than hippowdown. It does not to setup sand to be better than hippodown.
2. If you want regular Diancie in sand you'd probably have to run Trick Room or you'd have terrible synergy, but guess what, you already have terrible synergy, since no mon that can make use of sand works with diancie and only stack weaknesses to a team. Even if you don't run trick room this statement holds true, because Diancie is stupid slow and dies to everything, even with 150 defenses. You'd have to run some bad damage set with diancie to try and make it work outside of TR.
3. lol @ SpD to mega aero

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Raichu Unranked -> Tier 3

Great Thundy check, Lightning Rod and fast Encore are nifty and so is Fake Out. Quite passive without boosts and has plenty of bad matchups, but certainly annoying at the very least.
I very much agree with you. A lead of Raichu + Suicune can really give THALK trouble, as Raichu Fakes Out and Suicune sets Tailwind for a sweeper in the back. That's just one example, but admittedly Raichu is very niche. It fits well in Rank 3.

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
New batch of Viability Rank votes are complete.

Votes this time are shown in the order Stratos, Arcticblast, Kamikaze, Totem, Laga.

NOTE: The below are rank shift nominations that went up for voting. Final rank shifts after the council vote are at the bottom of the post.

Greninja 3->2
No

No - Greninja still has its niche and it's consistent but it's so rarely the "best" pick on a team that there's almost no reason to use it.

No. It is still no niche too move up.

no but M A T B L O C K F A M

3. niche. not consistent. dies often.

Thundurus 1.5->2'
No

No - lol what this should be Tier 1

No. There was a heavy drop in thund usage and it having a lot of losses on the stats at the time of this nomination (particularly bulky thund). But if the last few rounds of open and seasonal have shown anything, it is that thundurus is back and with a vengeance, bopping Diancies with Flash Cannon.

rise of flash canon keeps this in 1.5

1.5. still perfect fit for 1.5. the unpredictability of bulky v offensive thund is great to take advantage of.

Diancie 3->2
No. this doesnt even work on full room. it is shit. stop using it.

No - only works on fullroom

No. It is still really niche and doesnt make its way out of the full Trick Room archetype much.

abstain

3. tr diancie is not gonna be doing work very often. Stick to mega dainsy or a different, more supportive or powerful trick room setter.

Gothitelle 3->2
No

No - only works with specific partners

No. Tier 3 description suits this pokemon fine

No. can't do anything other than its support role which it doesnt do that well because it's not that fat

3. extremely situational, and hardly ever fits a team comp.

Jellicent 3->2
Abstain

No - kind of janky outside of TR, too passive in it

No. I have used this outside of Fullroom on Semiroom before and having Will-o-Wisp is great so I think of all the setters nommed up from Tier 3, this one is the closest but not quite there until it sees a lot more successful usage outside of just Fullroom.

abstain

3. I find them to be some of the best second options for full tr, but full tr is not very common or overly viable in any way...

Reuniculus 3->2
No

No - only works on fullroom

No. It is still really niche and doesnt make its way out of the full Trick Room archetype.

No. i used this and its fun but limited to one role which is often better filled by cress

3. I find them to be some of the best second options for full tr, but full tr is not very common or overly viable in any way...

Jirachi 1.5->1
No

No - It's great, don't get me wrong, but its typing is a mixed blessing. Being a Psychic-type without a Fighting resist really hurts, making it difficult to switch in on some very strong attackers, and so many of the things it wants to wall (particularly Diancie!) hit it with Ground moves now. EQ weakness on a Follow Me mon doesn't help either.

No. This is pokemon is great but not that as widely usable as the Tier 1 mons for similar reasons to what Arctic mentioned above.

No. Weak to like rain sun and tr, not the best redirector for general but good to support specific mons

no. amazing redirector that fits some teams amazingly, but amoonguss fits more in my experience.

Blaziken 2'->1.5
No

No - it beats a lot of the top Pokemon but doesn't fare well against a lot of lesser Pokemon, and is basically forced to run HP Ice if you want to come out on top against Lando-T. Great Pokemon, difficult to use.

No. This pokemon is one of those extremely good on paper, but it doesnt do everything we hope it to in practice. Amazing coverage but doesnt usually stick around long enough to get all the kills we want it to.

y hard to quantify but this thing always troubles me, offensive typing is perfect to be a threat to a lot of the meta and it has a couple of options for 3rd moveslot

2'. one of the unique mons that is both an amazing wallbreaker and late game cleaner, but usually only fulfills one or none of those jobs per game due to his frailty. Protect won't last you forever, and is often forced out after firing off one overheat early game. Quite detrimental to your momentum unless you land this move on the correct mon.

Terrakion 1.5->2
No. EDIT: i decided id rather vote terrak to drop than abstain

Yes - Terrakion's lost a lot of its luster with Diancie around and the ever-present Keldeo.

No. People need to stop trying to vote this down and trying to say noone uses this. I still use it a fair amount in tours and there are others as well. It still has its uses even though Keldeo exists, particularly for Charizard, Talon, and Thundurus

n Kami sumed this up right, terrak is still as good as it always has been

2. not as viable as other mons in the tier, and is overshaded quite hard by diancie. It's only still in the tier because people theorymon about how good he used to be.

Serperior UR->3
Abstain

Yes - sure why not

Abstain

n i think its p bad, I'd honestly go LO whims before serp. Virizion is the best pick for an offensive grass tbh famalam

UR. Only ablast likes using this thing, and i hardly ever even see him pull off cleans with it.

Final Changes:
Terrakion moves from 1.5 to 2
No other changes

Also finally updated the OP with mega sprites

Sending out next batch of votes now

Last edited:

thinkin

Banned deucer.
im gonna be rude and add another nom right after you just did another thing D:
megaman -> unranked
WHAT IS / WAS ITS NICHE
it beats thundurus so it has that over thund, beats ferrothorn (that raikou cant) and does big damage for grasses, it gets intimidate which is really good, amazing speed tier. its not used muvh but its viable for sure.

I mean it beats Thundurus because it's got faster tbolts and cant be hurt by anything but HP ice but seriously what else does it have over Thundurus? Thundy has got Taunt, a Ground immunity, a Fighting resist (at least notable :B), and better bulk. Sure Intimidate is a handy dandy thing and maybe a fire move is useful but only really in killing ferro (tfw using a non-STAB Overheat when it's only really that useful on RAIN), but Landorus-T already provides Intimidate for maybe like 30% or more teams.
While i have used the excuse "don't talk about mega slots in talking about viability", when it comes to the fact that there is really only 2 actual perks which are also not really that useful to using one mon over another, and the worse one is a mega evolution, I think that it's kind of silly to say that you should give up a mega slot just so that you can win harder against Ferrothorn (not even THAT MUCH if you're using it in Rain, which is probably why you'd be using megaman in the first place) and provide additional Intimidate which probably isn't even that useful since the hardest things that Rain really loses to are Kyurem-B and Ferrothorn and Rain gets annoyed a lot by Talonflame (which you resist with both anyway), Trick Room (which is mostly special), and Mega Kangaskhan (LOL good luck winning against that; at least Thundy has prankster twave).

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
xzern had a good run with manectric-mega, which I think in itself proves its viability enough to be at least tier 3

In terms of comparison to thundurus they're not the same thing at all. Typing is diff + damage is diff + ability is different, also lightning rod utility is so incredibly good it's insane, especially when you consider the other lightning rod mons are either vastly different or just bad

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
xzern had a good run with manectric-mega, which I think in itself proves its viability enough to be at least tier 3

In terms of comparison to thundurus they're not the same thing at all. Typing is diff + damage is diff + ability is different, also lightning rod utility is so incredibly good it's insane, especially when you consider the other lightning rod mons are either vastly different or just bad
I've played with Mega Manectric a bit and it is not worth the mega slot. Its only real advantage is its blazing speed. Besides that, it doesn't hit particularly hard and can't provide reliable support with Lightning Rod or Intimidate. Its stats show its supposed to be used as a glass cannon, but there's really no cannon. Its just glass.

lmao its tier 3 in DUU

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Manaphy to Tier 3 - Both xzern and Arcticblast can attest to how good this is, as they've used it to decent amounts of success in tours, most recently in Doubles Open Finals. Manaphy quite bulky with a decent defensive typing, with only one turn of setup required to become the biggest threat on the field. That being said, it's somewhat weak without the boost and has neither spread moves (except for Blizzard on Hail teams) nor priority to take advantage of Tail Glow fully. It's also decently redirection-reliant and somewhat slow for a wincon with no priority, and competes with Azumarill as a Water-type boosting attacker.

P.S. it's also cute af:

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
New batch of Viability Rank votes are complete.

Votes this time are shown in the order Stratos, Totem, kamikaze, KyleCole, qsns

NOTE: The below are rank shift nominations that went up for voting. Final rank shifts after the council vote are at the bottom of the post.

Clefable 2' -> 3
Yeah. Its not like this guy is relevant. Maybe even to UR. I've tried clefable but never been able to make it work. If i'm going to spam icy wind i'd rather do it with sash Gar, if i'm going to redirect i'd rather do it with something that resists types.

im ok w/ that, clefairy is better to redirect anyway

3. Not used much nowadays but still has a niche to stay ranked.

Yes, its OK but not great. It has a cool place on teams that need redirection but its hard to justify over Jirachi and Clefairy if you need speed control as well. Works if you need your re director to check Kyurem-B but that's about it.

agreed, i used it when i wrote the analysis for it and it was kind of underwhelming. usually hard to justify over clefairy unless you really need the offensive presence

Kyurem-B 1.5 -> 1
No. It's like people don't even read these tier descriptions. Yes Kyurem-B is a free win in some matchups but it's also dead weight a good amount of the time. On my Sun team, I often find myself just sacking it (then again that's true of like every mon on that team except lando t in one game or another) and I often get better results by replacing cube with Latios.

p sure this was nommed last time too, same applies

still 1.5. not much has changed since KyuB's last nomination for tier 1.

No. We've been here before right? It just isn't good enough in every single matchup like Kang/Diancie/Lando/rest of tier 1. To be honest Kyurem is one of the most over prepared for mons right now and as great as it was to nab free wins when everyone was using rotom-wash/amoong/heatran, that just isn't the case anymore.

been covered a lot, mons that it beats are less common, no

Abomasnow UR -> 2'
I can spot this to 3 I guess. Despite my penchant for ice weak Pokemon, Abomasnow is too weak statistically (particularly defensively although it also doesn't do that much damage) for me to consider it a major threat. And the support it provides (blizzspam) is nifty but nothing major.

this is more fitting on 3

This is usable and good for 3. 2' is way too steep a rise.

Not even close. MAYBE id read an arguement for 3 (and tbh I would still probably push that down) but 2' is absurd.

keep unranked, frail and weak as hell. ive seen one team used this and im convinced it would be better with mega aboma

Cresselia 1.5 -> 2
Yes. CM cress was good for a bit but it's not really that good anymore. No other cresses were really ever good.

doesn't really do much like ever

2. Extremely passive and hasnt seen the usage it used to. Seasonals stat as well show just how bad its doing nowadays.

Yep. Doesn't get the job done unless you're using offensive Cresselia which still just isn't all that great. As super common as Lando-T is, Cresselia is just sub bait for Aegislash, Heatran, and Kyub. Even if you're still using CM Cress, Heatran is gonna burn you eventually and Kyurem is gonna get the freeze. Still a fair TR setter though n_n nice and fat.

sigh i guess, i've always liked ebelt cress but after its shitty showing in ssnls in the 7 or so games it appeared in it deserves the drop

Scrafty 2' -> 2
Yeah. Good but only has seen success on TR. Kind of flirts with the 2/3 line but i'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

idek lel abstain

2. Its mainly used on TR teams nowadays so the description suits it better.

Yeah it really only fits on TR teams unless you're playing someone you KNOW is bringing TR (hey check)

ye

Mamoswine 2' -> 3
Yeah. Wtf was I thinking when i put mamo in 2 originally? even when skymin was around it didn't deserve that. Good offensive coverage ruined by speed tier, utter lack of defenses, and earthquake honestly being a really awkward move to use.

GARBO MON

Unrank this. Hasnt been seen in awhile and the meta isnt kind to this

I nommed this. Garb mon. Would drop below Dnite w ease

dont use this lol. not good pls unrank

Rotom-W 1 -> 1.5
Yes. Just a good mon that's guaranteed to do something, like Aegislash; if it wasn't Cube bait I'd keep it in 1 but it is and being cube bait is bad. Scarf (w/ Twave or Wisp) is really cool tho lol, and normal is good

yeah thats chill, everyone knows this things limits

1.5 is fine. I wasnt too convinced on dropping this previously but I finally feel its fallen out of the favor of its tier 1 status.

No, lower. See Rotom-W>2 :)

look below

Mega Venusaur 2 ->3
No, like ferro it's a good end game wall.

abstain

Abstain.

No but I'm right on the edge of this :/ it does require ass tons of support to put in work but that support is pretty easy to come by. Just add a check or 2 for Kanga, Talon, and Kyurem B and you have yourself a solid team.

abstain

Thundurus-I 1.5 -> 1
No. Bulky is good; Flash Cannon is good. Each of these sets on their own would probably be 1.5 material. Does the fact that both exist on one mon make it 1 material? I don't think so, really. It's not too difficult to play the game with both in mind until their hand is forced—though maybe i think that because i don't like using mega diancie.

no, can't run two sets at once

1.5 Its good but unable to run both the bulky and offensive set at the same time. Heavy drawbacks exist for each set on its own.

Yes, I nommed this. OK I get that it did badly in winter seasonal. That was ages ago and Thundurus is good, I'm guessing it always lost because people weren't using the fast Thundy at the time which is the superior set. Never dead weight with Twave/Swagger/Tbolt/HP Ice/Flash Cannon, you just choose what your team needs and go from there. Also can use loads of items like Life Orb, Zap Plate, Safety Goggles, and Sash on the fast set. Good ass mon, easily top 5 in the game.

yes, offensive thundurus is incredible in this metagame as its rlly hard to take all of its coverage attacks well. nice speed coverage and utility cements this as a tier 1 mon. bulky is still p good i guess but offensive is where its at

Heatran 1.5 -> 1
No. Same deal as Kyurem, but a different typing.

kyurem-b but different, no

No 1.5 is fine for it.

Yes, I nommed this. Again, no deadweight matchups. Sub tran is great vs Trick Room and balanced teams, can be used on Trick Room with sub, shuca 3 attacks, or eruption + charcoal. Fits perfectly well on sun teams or against them. Shuca 3 attacks is pretty uncommon because Sub is so good, but with Flash Cannon or HP Ice you can take out the biggest threats to Heatran.

heatran defines the dou metagame and i think its offensive non sub sets are pretty damn good rn.

Rotom-W 1 -> 2'
No lol

no

2' is way too steep a drop for this. Denied.

Yes I nommed this. Ass mon.
Big momentum suck vs. teams with dragons or Hyper Voice fairies. Faces competition from Keldeo for water slot and as a bulky support mon from Thundurus who is pretty much better in every way. Just isn't up to par with the other rank 1 mons. No idea how this didn't get voted down last time it was nommed to drop, but if Kyurem-B and Heatran aren't worthy of rank 1 then there's no way washtom is.

completely agree with kyle, i think everyone else is just putting it on a pedestal bc it used to be good. barely checks the things its supposed to besides lando and very prone to getting worn down easily. scarf set is cool and all but then its not bulky and doesnt check stuff and you get sad.

Darkrai 2' -> 3
Yes, Drop cuz Gar is usually better at the same thing.

yeah this thing is just kinda there most of the time, average support + average offense (shrug)

Yea 3. This pokemon is extremely niche

Yes. Super niche on teams that use swagger for swagger + Foul Play or if you want a Diancie lure with HP Steel. I'm sure there are a couple of other small reasons to use but I would rather just use Weavile or Bisharp. Fast WoW isn't what it used to be.

i havent ever really liked darkrai, too niche for tier 2 imo

Salamence 3 -> UR
No, still with the good typing, speed control, Intimidate, I'm not sure why it gets absolutely 0 usage. I really think this should get some of the usage that Gyara is getting.

abstain

Abstain

Yes I nommed this. Just a garbage mon.

no please dont :( its pretty niche but the typing with intimidate is pretty good. access to tailwind and intimidate with pretty good offenses makes this a fine choice

Raichu UR -> 3
No. Niche so tiny qsns couldn't fit his dick in it. Shits momentum like Hitmontop.

yeah, got utility

Yes. niche but provides great utility with lightningrod, fake out, nuzzle, and encore.

Yes. Actually pretty solid with nuzzle/taunt/encore and ofc having a faster fake out than kangaskhan is always nice. Lightning Rod support is very strong.

yes, has a niche on azu teams and performs well there. nice support movepool and ive seen other people use it besides check

Diancie 3 -> UR
This was my own nomination, so of course. I'm actually partial to making it Tier 20, if you guys are down for that instead.

stays tier 3

3. I still think it has its uses and its good to still be there for when people look at the viability rankings for possible Trick Room Setters. Its a decent Talon check, which is a big threat to Trick Room.

Abstain

abstain

Escavelier 3 -> UR
This was my own nomination, so of course.

garbo mon lellers

yea UR.

Yes. I've used this to some success but it's just not that good.

shit mon lol it doesnt work in practice, unrank

Mega Mawile 3 -> UR

:^( yes though

I am gonna say keep 3. While it doesnt see much use nowadays with the meta not being so kind to it, I still have seen it used quite effectively on Croven's Full TR team thanks to goth trapping support to help mawile get crucial kills before the fire types come in.

Abstain

abstain

Porygon2 UR -> 3

so fat y

Yes. Extremely bulky TR setter with actual ability to have some offensive presence with good coverage and possible download

Yes, been using this recently and it's hella good. Great coverage and bulk like you wouldnt believe. Can use Trick Room ofc but also works with Twave or Icy wind.

yea ive seen a few people including pwne use this well and its so hard to kill, i can get behind this one

Sylveon 2' -> 3
No. Didn't we just vote on this one? Nothing's changed. If you think Sylveon is that bad in this metagame you're probably using it wrong. Yeah, if you try to switch it in on hits you're going to have a bad time. The idea is to bring it in safely when it's not KOable and then drop screams of fury. It forces your opponent's fairy resists in which gives you the ability to play around your opponent having a very linear plan of action.

nah dude sylv is p good still, does a lot of damage and is also fat

2'. The Gardevoir outclasses argument doesnt hold enough. Its still a solid mon of its own right.

No this mon is just too good. Not too much to say about this, it has powerful screams.

anyone who wants this to drop has been using cm sylv tbh
extremely powerful spread and i dont ever see a meta where it deserves any less than this ranking. its not stellar but you cant deny the strength it has

Hippowdon UR -> 3
Go fuck yourself

petition to stop n1n1 from posting in vrankings here

Tier 20 honestly.

itt we beg n1n1 to stop posting about hippowdon

n1n1 this mon is bad please stop

Final Changes:
Clefable moves from Tier 2' to 3
Abomasnow moves from UR to Tier 3
Cresselia moves from Tier 1.5 to 2
Scrafty moves from Tier 2' to 2
Mamoswine moves from Tier 2' to UR
Rotom-W moves from Tier 1 to 1.5
Darkrai moves from Tier 2' to 3
Raichu moves from UR to Tier 3
Escavelier moves from Tier 3 to UR
Mega Mawile moves from Tier 3 to UR
Porygon2 moves from UR to Tier 3

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Get ready for some nominations

Cresselia 2'->3

cm cress we've established is bad. Ebelt cress/lo cress/offensive cress is ALRIGHT but STILL BAD. If you're looking for offensive psychic it should beat amoonguss. If you're looking for offensive psychic it shouldn't click x vs heatran amoonguss. The direction I'm going with this is Reuniclus is arguably much better than otr Cresselia. I'll be the first to admit that I can definitely see Cresselia staying 2, and that Cresselia has a decent foothold in the meta but when you consider that none of the tr teams atm (and there are what, 2?) have Cresselia, that Cresselia's niche was better for a more offensively paced meta where it could recover from the momentum suck of trick room falling to reset it, and that Cresselia has had such an abysmal performance as of late, I think Cresselia deserves to be tier 3.

Aegislash 1->1.5

This was discussed in the NP thread quite a bit and I also discussed this briefly before that thread was revived with Stratos, and while Aegislash is still a solid as fuck Trick Room check, the meta has shifted away from it. With fire types and water types pretty dominant atm, and also being quite awkward to use because of shield/blade forme switchup awkwardness, Aegislash no longer deserves to be tier 1 anymore, imo. It's still a solid check to fairies and trick room, but I think the meta has moved away from Aegislash.

Hoopa-U 1.5->2'

Not nearly used as much as the other 1.5s, and (from what I have seen) only ever used on Tailwind Offense (and stratos' Trick Room team I suppose) but my point is this: it's only seen on a specific archetype, making me believe 2 fits it better than 1.5. In my eyes, 1.5 is generally strong, but not super strong/held back by x, whereas 2 is "build your team around this or use this to build a team around and its good". Hoopa fits under the latter better imo, as I would definitely say it constrains teambuilding heavily to make it work. Also not many people build around this thing. Also it still has the weaknesses it has always had to priority physical attacks, or kang/landot/talonflame. Also while "hey it's a good trick room chekc right" scrafty is almost a staple on tr anyways and scrafty has a great hoopa-u matchup.

Talonflame 1.5->1

rehashing what I said earlier, also it was #2 usage this last seasonal. It's incredibly splashable and a very real teambuilding threat.

Weavile 2->3

I built a lot of teams with weavile, both alone and with others, and it's just so incredibly hard to make weavile work. It's alright for its fast fake out, but loses out on damage, not actually having a very good landot matchup, and hard to justify over hydreigon, except for the latios matchup. Can't switch into anything, and I'm not particularly satisfied with any of the teams I built around this thing and haven't seen any teams with it besides Shaian's sun team with sableye.

Rotom-Heat 2->3

Only really good as a sun check and a talon check imo, which count as matchup specific reasoning making me believe this should be tier 3.
" Here either through good matchups with a few specific top threats"

Incredibly weak and doesn't have the good typing that rotom-wash does (will o water types are cool, rotom-h isn't one of these cuz welp it's fire type), making me nom this for tier 3.

Mew 2'->3 or maybe 2 I guess?
Only one team has this thing. And that team isn't used very often either. Why is this still 2?

Latios 1.5 -> 1
Probably the most used/best dragon atm. Great Keldeo counter and has good matchups all around, except against the steels. Good enough for tier 1 imo.

Gengar Mega 2'-> 2
Gengar-Mega isn't a "archetype" or a "team style" imo. It's not that it requires heavy support, it provides good support but is kinda bad/unpopular due to specific matchups in the meta and because it's on the weaker side for a mega.

Genesect, thundurus-t, Virizion, Victini, Mega Manectric 3->UR
They're bad. Not much else to say. Why are these rank 3 again when no one uses them except one team maybe and the description says specifically
"Just because a Pokemon worked on a single team does not mean it belongs here."

Last edited:

kamikaze

The King Of Games
The viability rank council feels that its prob better to swap the descriptions for Tier 2 and 2', which means swapping the pokemon accordingly

Thus they now read as follows...

>>Tier 2<<
Pokemon who can hold their own in the metagame and fit well on certain teams due to their unique matchups, but are not broadly usable for one reason or another. So named because they're not worse than the ones in Tier 2.

>>Tier 2'<<
Pokemon which, while good, only fit on a specific team style or require heavy support.

The reason for this is that previously most of Tier 2' are generally just overall good mons that fit on many teams, while tier 2 consists of more niche mons that are good but exist more on a specific archetype. It just made more sense for the Tier 2 tag to be given to those that are overall good and fit on many different types of teams, while 2' referred to more niche pokemon.

In light of this change I recommend people fix their nominations accordingly, so I can send out accurate nominations to vote on later tonight.

EDIT: Rank Shift Nominations have been sent out for anything before this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)