CAP 21 CAP 21 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Madamphora

A combination of "Mad" + "Madam" + "Amphora." It's a mad madam living in an jar.

Pronounced: "MAD-am-FOR-uh"
IPA: /ˈmadəmˈfôrə/

Final Submission

Ceramide

It's pretty basic actually. It's a combination of ceramic, which is what many pots are made of, and cyanide, which is a poison.

Pronounced: Sir-am-ide

Last edited:
Final Submission

Toxicotta

A combination of "toxic" + "terracotta" (a type of clay).

Pronounced: "tocks-i-COTT-ah"
IPA: tɒksɪkɒtɑː

Final Submission:

Ginn

A combination of "gin" and "djinn". It looks sort of like a bottle which could contain either.

Pronounced: gin
IPA: dʒɪn

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Final Submission

Malchemy

A combination of "Mal" (meaning bad) + "Alchemy" (science of transformation of matter). Its transformation into a more "pure" substance (Mega Evolution) has strong alchemical correlations.

Pronounced: "MAL-kem-ee"
IPA: 'mælkɛmi

Last edited:
Final Submission

Toxurna

A combination of Toxic + Urn(burial jar) + a(feminine ending that's common in pokemon)

Pronounced: tocks+urn+AH
IPA: tɒksərnɑ

If you look at a lot of the more feminine pokemon(cleffa, sunflora, corsala, nidorina, meloetta) they all end in a. I decided to keep up this tradition in this pokemon as I also envision it being gender locked, ( or at least a high ratio of females). Toxic helps explain the poison typing, plus urn describes both the rock typing and the jar it's sitting inside.

Last edited:
Disqualified: Final Submission (Did not follow the specified final submission format)
Final Sumbission

Topften

"Topf" is German for "jar" and "vergiften" is the German verb "to poison". German seemed like a nice language to use.

Pronounced: TOP'f-tin

IPA: tɔpftən

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Submission

Amphitic

A combination of "Amphora" (a Greek jar) + "Mephitic" (noxious, foul)

Pronounced: "Amm-FIT-ick"

Disqualified: Final Submission (Did not follow the specified final submission format)
Final Submission

Lolipot

A combination of "Lolita" and "Pot"

Pronouned: "low-lee-pot"

Final Submission

Venimaturn

Venom (clearly poisonous) + Animate (It is ooze becoming alive) + Urn (In or part of a jar)

Pronunced: Veh-nih-mate-earn

The pokemon is an animated venomous urn (fully describes the creature). It also vaguely sounds like ultimatum, which could bring up a dark past about the creation of this pokemon (possibly some remains of a cremated thing), and also prelude to it being a mega since it is not what it seems at first (a jar) or after ( a regular non megable pokemon).

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Final Submission

Urnoxious

Urn + Noxious and fits because of the poisonous appearance of Ylix's design as well as Urn which holds dead things / spirits etc. Also, it also adds a jeer-like "You're noxious!" connotation, which seems to work in conjugation with Ylix's child-like design. (Thanks to The Unseen Potato for this last part)

Pronounced: "Er-Noks-Shuss"

Final Submission

Constaine

Contain + Stain; This represents CAP 21 being containing purity in its jar, and its Mega being stained or corrupted.

Pronounced: KON-Stayn
IPA: /kənˈstān/

My created name has some kind of resemblance to the name Constance, which is good since CAP21 looks female.

Final Submission

Lyera

Lye is known as a corrosive cleaning agent, while Lyra is a feminine name. Sounds nice with "Mega" as a prefix.

Pronounced: Lie-rah
IPA: laɪɻæ

IPA is weird idk how exactly it works. I like this because it's easy to pronounce, sounds nice with the Mega- prefix, sounds like an actual thing a Pokemon like this would say in the anime, and it's short and sweet and easy to remember.

Final Submission

Carrinide

From Carinate, a shape typical of amphorae and vases (which CAP is inspired by), and Cyanide, a group of highly toxic substances. The double r refers to "Carrie", a girl's given name.

Pronounced: "KA-ree-NYDE"

Decided to change up to something more exotic this time around. I struggled a little to come up with something interesting, but I think this works pretty well.

Final Submission

Glopithos

From glop, a word for sludge or ooze, like what the CAP is made of, and pithos, a common type of jar/urn that the original design resembles.

Pronounced: "glah-pith-os"

Final Submission

Jarmin

A combination of "jar", which is pretty self-explanatory, and a truncation of "Ming", an ancient Chinese dynasty often associated with vases.

Pronounced: JAR-meen

The "g" from "Ming" was dropped to make it sound softer. Also references "Jasmine", a female name, since there's a vast consensus that CAP21 is a being of feminine nature.

Final Submission

Ewwer

A combination of ewer (a vase that looks similar to the pot the creature is in) and eww, something you'd say when something disgusts you

Pronounced: "EW-urr"

WIP

Pan-clay-ill

Pan is the first part of Pandora's Box which is a jar that causes havoc.
Clay in being a clay jar which is representing ground
Ill is to represent grief and disease which is representing poison

Flo-do-rer-o

Forero is vase in spanish
Lodo is sludge in spanish
I just combined the two
There's probably something there with the Pandora angle but it's not Panclail. Maybe something like Panjara or Candora (Cancer/Carcinogen)?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Moderator Announcement:

Final Submissions will close Wednesday, December 2nd at 4:00pm US central time.

Please read the OP formatting rules very carefully. Any final submission that does not EXACTLY follow the prescribed format, will be disqualified without warning.

FINAL SUBMISSION

Cerra

From "ceramic," since it's a pot; also homophone of "Sarah," which seems like a good name for her.

Pronounced: SAIR-uh

Last edited:
Final Submission

Wetrify

Pronounced: WET-ri-FY

Wet + Petrify

It looks pretty damp and it's also a rock type. End of thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)