ORAS OU Phuc Yiu

Cool team, you've got a major Bisharp and Ground weakness though. Bisharp just 6-0's this team, surely? And there's no good switch-in for offensive Grounds, so things like LO Excadrill or offensive Lando-T will at the very least force Slowbro to M-Evolve early and be under a lot of pressure to keep healthy. Hazard stacking from the likes of Ferrothorn (or even just Rocks from Grounds / Tran) could be irritating, but at least the team has the potential to outplay. Finally, the rare CB Tar lacks a good switch-in.

The main issue is that there's a lot of redundancy between Azu / Clefable / Chansey, so one of them can easily be replaced for something along the lines of Chesnaught. I'd recommend Azumarill, but whichever really.

"This shit is evil,"
yeah that fight demoralized me so much that i lost the next seven games in a row and have to start over.

the dark weakness is definitely apparent and when i had the +2 bish in, it kinda forced a sucker/knock off mind game with slowbro. it seemed like you were keeping it pre-mega just to make sure it was healthy for that exact sort of scenario though.

im bad so i dont have any suggestions or whatever but this is a really cool team and very spicy.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Hey nice team you have here.

Dark-types (mainly Bisharp) can have a field day with set up opportunities on most of your pokemon. You have also mentioned that status is a problem as well.

My solution to that would be to use Heracross or Conkeldurr (preferably conk) over either Azumarill, Chansey or Clefable. This will help with both problems being able to with both problems.

Other than that YOU SHOULD GET A FLIPPING LIFE AND STOP TORTURING SOULS WITH YOUR BS STRATEGIES you have a pretty solid team

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
None Life Orb Bisharp is too weak to get past Slowbro and Azumarill. Clefable can also come in and stop it in a pinch. Bisharp can't set up on anything except Espeon. Even Chansey wears it down with Seismic Toss, so "Bisharp sets up on everything" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Life Orb Bisharp kills itself attacking me. And it would need more than one Swords Dance to sweep Phuc Yiu. If you somehow let it get that powerful, then you deserve to lose. It's all mind games with Bisharp, and you need to make plays to win.

Fact: I got swept by Manaphy multiple times and have never lost to a Bisharp with this team.

Hail Hi WhiteQueen <3

You already know that your team is solid, so I wont get into that stuff.

To help vs Manaphy: I'd run CM on Clefable, since it blocks even more sweepers like NP Thundurus or Serperior lacking Taunt, since both of them win after Chansey or Azu is gone respectively, but is somewhat redundant with already two CM users.

That's all I can say, but not too much can be changed since it compromises the team structure.

If manaphy is your problem here's the set i ran on my sap sipper azu for reqs and i dont think i lost to a manaphy team:

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 140 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Toxic / Knock off
- Rest

Its still nice and bulky physically but with this spread (assuming timid) manaphy doesnt 2hko with scald after rocks so you switch in turn it sets up. Tank 1 scald and perish song then rest the next turn to keep you healthy after that you can just switch out and go to your cleric for heal bell or do whatever you want from here. You will always survive 2 scalds with this spread even after rocks and after burns.

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Azumarill: 138-163 (34.2 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage

Hope this helps

To alleviate you Manaphy weakness you can simply run more SpD on Clefable. I honestly despise the fully Defensive set as you're bait to so many Special Attackers it's crazy. So I suggest you run 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD with a Calm Nature. This allows you to avoid the 2HKO from a Scald in Rain + SR from Manaphy. You can't Stall it out sadly, but you can check it.

252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 248 HP / 56+ SpD Clefable in Rain: 153-181 (38.9 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)