League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I reached Diamond 4 by the end of the season, took a short break, and came back to see that I didn't receive my ranked rewards.

Because they were only distributed to players whose temporary bans had expired on or before August 10th.

Mine expired August 11th.

Fuck you, Riot.

also add me: MVP Homme

destroyed illaoi in lane as Karma earlier today. Karma can kite her for days and lock her with w. e allows you to dodge her tentacles easily, and along with the slow from q, you can reposition if she gets to close.

sadly she got fed by roaming mid and getting doubles. had to dump ignite, corrupting potion, and several q's to kill her.

really hate champs that can burst you from full health with no items

by the way anyone noticing a trend in karma players? saw like 6 karmas in 3 games and felt pity because everyone else sucks as karma

really love how you can invest 18 points in ferocity for deathfire and still get the bandit mastery for free gold. lets you carry as support

Kiting champs also have a huge advantage

Illaoi just isn't that good, frustrating to play against but still relatively easy to beat in ganks and team fights. Best thing to do is let her push with Q and get a free gank with any jungler with a slow.

Rise in Karma popularity might be because spooky ghosts is so good right now. She's still not great against tanks, but the itemization changes probably helped her more than hurt her.

Karma already has huge slow in her q, she doesn't need more from fqc. Id rather upgrade the sightstone and spellthiefs together in order to save space for damage or locket. Even if you dont invest anything at all in ferocity, you can still do a ton of damage with items like morrellonomicom, liandrys, or deathcap during zekes.

Spooky ghosts is strong on Soraka as you can combo them with your e for a root that actually does shit. Soraka is op as it is, and preseason letting her actually use her root thanks to fqc helps her out as she's not totally helpless when caught out of position. You can bait enemies really hard with her.

I came back to this after a couple of weeks of not playing what the fuck has happened. This new Illaoi champion is dumb as shit and these itemisation changes are insane.

it costs about little as a starting item, ofc its bad. for 550 g you get 50 hp, 10 ap, more mana regen, an extra ward, and tribute no longer goes on cooldown when you kill a minion. that and the fact that you get an extra item slot makes it worth the 550 gold.

same goes for coin and relic shield

it costs about little as a starting item, ofc its bad. for 550 g you get 50 hp, 10 ap, more mana regen, an extra ward, and tribute no longer goes on cooldown when you kill a minion. that and the fact that you get an extra item slot makes it worth the 550 gold.

same goes for coin and relic shield
The sightstone combine items sacrifice item efficiency for slot efficiency. The ONLY time it would ever be useful is if you reach max items, but honestly on a support how often do you have the gold to reach full build?

Frost Queen's + Sightstone costs 3000g and is about 97% gold efficient, while the Eye item costs 2200g but is only about 83% gold efficient. The passives are the same save the one extra ward slot, so you're paying 800g for about 1100g in stats, one fewer ward, and a fantastic active.

I feel the need to point out that Frost Queen's is so good right now that some mid laners (Brand, Syndra, Morgana) are building it in mid lane. 40% slow for 4 seconds will catch any champion without a gap closer easily, and those champions (+ probably others) are great at CC'ing whoever the spooky ghosts catch.

Also, in general, sightstone items are weaker now because the warding totems all got buffed. If you have 4 wards every 2-3 minutes bot lane, you don't really NEED that sightstone first. I see most people fully completing their support item before finishing SS, as the totem + pink wards are enough to have vision on the bottom side of the map. The only reason I might rush sightstone instead is if I'm fully committing to roaming.

I'm looking at this from a support point of view since i main support. I usually get a ton of assist, and if I'm Karma i take cs while my adc is gone or dead. Add the Bandit mastery, Tribute, and the fact that Karma can essily get 30 gold when Spellthief is fully charged, I am reaching full build easliy. Support items are always cheap, and if you're fed for some reason (LOL 9 kills as karma supp with 0 pts in ferocity), getting your zekes and boots and fqc / sightstone combine is super easy. Youll have like 3 items while adc is barely finishing infinity edge.

ill probably try spooky ghosts mid. Do I start spellthiefs or go dorans ring?

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I'm looking at this from a support point of view since i main support. I usually get a ton of assist, and if I'm Karma i take cs while my adc is gone or dead. Add the Bandit mastery, Tribute, and the fact that Karma can essily get 30 gold when Spellthief is fully charged, I am reaching full build easliy. Support items are always cheap, and if you're fed for some reason (LOL 9 kills as karma supp with 0 pts in ferocity), getting your zekes and boots and fqc / sightstone combine is super easy. Youll have like 3 items while adc is barely finishing infinity edge.

ill probably try spooky ghosts mid. Do I start spellthiefs or go dorans ring?
Start Doran's and get Fiendish Codex on your first back. You need the combat stats to keep up with the opposing mid laner (that is, unless you have an insane match up advantage)

I bought it on Annie mid yesterday, and it was still crazy good.

Without the active, it's a cheaper and slightly less cost efficient Morellonomicon, but by the end of the 30 minute game I had gotten 1100 gold from the item, even though I built it at 10 minutes. I feel like any mid laner who built Morello's or is immobile and has some form of hard CC in their kit should be getting it 100% of the time. It'll only grow more popular as challenger players start to build it, and I fully believe it'll become standard over the next couple patches until they nerf it.

I feel the need to mention something that isn't inherently obvious: FQC does not disable the tribute passive on killing minions, something that Frostfang/Spellthief's does (to discourage solo lane use), which makes it another reason why it's good on mid laners. Naturally that would be the #1 way to destroy this new trend, but the tribute passive should really not be underestimated.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The new support Sightstone items are just "trap" items that no one should ever really buy. Even if you argue an extra item slot is worthwhile, the actives on all three of the regular support items are really strong. The closest you have for Talisman is Righteous Glory, Locket of the Iron Solari "sort of" covers Face of the Mountain, and FQC really has no equal now. As soon as I heard they lacked the active component of the other support items I concluded them to be worthless items.

Please Riot let me sacrifice those 3 ass items to bring back based Atma's Impaler. Or Trailblazer. @_@;

Force of Nature too.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Been suggesting [Spellthief line] in my [mid] Morgana guide forever
The fact that the passive disables on minion kill, until the final upgrade to FQC, isn't an insurmountable disadvantage if you can shove hard enough and give yourself enough time between waves to use up a stack of charges. ;[ As a CDR item though, it's not something you really want to hold in a full build if the game ever gets that far so you need an endgame backup plan for that item slot.

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
being under level 30 means less masteries/runes; regardless of your individual skill level, you WILL be disadvantaged against level 30 accounts, so I wouldn't recommend it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)