CHARIZARD IN NEXT DEATH BATTLE

Charizard vs Greymon. Who do you think will win?

• Charizard

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Greymon

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, Smogonites, this is my first post, and do I have some news for you.

As a lot of you may know already (you read the title, after all), Charizard will be in the next Death Battle against Greymon from Digimon. If there's any way you can help the researchers, plz do it.

Will Charizard emerge triumphant, or will he end up like Pikachu?

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Death Battle is dumber than Deadliest Warrior and that's a feat. You cannot watch it without losing brain cells.
Agreed. While in both shows, the fight scenes are pretty cool, at least in deadliest warrior you get to see them shoot a gun or slice a pig open with a katana every couple of minutes. Death Battle literally requires you to read some shit on a sidebar and watch two completely unrelated people fight. It's super shit

Do people just hate fun? Sure Death Battle isn't the smartest thing but the fights are really intense come on.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
well theoried fights, and decisions based at least tangentially on actual physics
They based Goku vs Superman on how much a camera moved in one scene. I now hate you a little just for making me remember that.

Keep in mind, we've had Goku vs Superman threads on smogon where not a single poster was that mind-blowingly fucking idiotic.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They based Goku vs Superman on how much a camera moved in one scene. I now hate you a little just for making me remember that.

Keep in mind, we've had Goku vs Superman threads on smogon where not a single poster was that mind-blowingly fucking idiotic.
Ah yes, the classic single instance defines every piece of output media they've produced argument

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Ah yes, the classic single instance defines every piece of output media they've produced argument
But the other two episodes I've seen were equally stupid. And I'm not exaggerating when I say it hurt to watch them at a point. Like, I'm curious how they are going to fuck up Charizard vs. Greymon (I love Charizard but he's not even very good in his own game), but I know it'd be better for me to drink until I black out than to watch more. Not worth it.

Deadliest Warrior, to quote a critic, "makes a Universal Studios stunt show look like Masterpiece Theatre", and Death Battle is its pathetic weaboo counterpart. You'd think it would be ironic, but somehow it's not.

While I disagree with a couple Death Battles (Mario should have gotten his Paper Mario badges, etc...), I find them to be mostly great. I can't wait to watch this one, but, having no knowledge of Greymon... well, I eagerly await their next video.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Try not applying the same criteria you use for rating movies to youtube produced entertainment content, your life will be much happier
Not likely. There's more youtube content than I could possibly watch in my lifetime. I don't have to watch anything that's more than sort of dumb. I'm sure there's plenty of youtube you don't watch either.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not likely. There's more youtube content than I could possibly watch in my lifetime. I don't have to watch anything that's more than sort of dumb. I'm sure there's plenty of youtube you don't watch either.
Which makes me wonder why you took time out of your day to comment about something you dont watch

edit: we took it to vm so a mod might consider cleaning this up

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
if greymon doesnt win they have no credibility
Instead of arguing we should try to speculate how they'll give the victory to Charizard.

"Its wings can carry this Pokémon close to an altitude of 4,600 feet. It blows out fire at very high temperatures, as such it will blow out the fire from Greymon's fireball and win"

Wait, WE use those kind of arguments. Must go deeper...

EDIT: I think the funny thing is that just pitting Charizard against Greymon, not Metal or Wargreymon is pretty much admitting defeat already. Like, they KNOW Wargreymon (or whatever it evolves into now) would destroy 20 Mega Charizards, but they have to give the illusion of a chance. I mean I couldn't exactly come into this thread and take Death Battle MORE seriously than before, could I?

Last edited:
Do any of you, ANY of you, know how hot Charizard's fire really is?

I found this video on Youtube made by a Pokemon fan who was taking a thermodynamics class at the time. What he found out may shock you:

And that's just regular Charizard. Charizard X, as you know, breathes blue fire, which is much hotter than typical red/yellow fire

And before you say, "But Ash should be dead. There's no way Charizard's fire is that hot." You're applying kid logic to a place where it isn't allowed

Unfortunately, Pokedex entries tend to be notoriously exaggerated at best, so I doubt that it would be even close to *that* powerful.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Come on, there isn't any deep logic to it, it's just probably based on the fact that both are parallely stage 3 forms of MCs in their respective universes.
I mean if anything Charizard is stronger than Greymon, no sweat. What is Greymon's best attack, apart from the raw physical strength they both arguably possess? A bigger flame ball than agumon.... and that's about it. Charizard would curb stomp that shit half-dead any day. I mean even if we're playing mechanics-mechanics, any moderate/drawn out battle would also favor Charizard because Greymon would devolve into Agumon if it's HP depletes beyond a certain point, while Charizard will stay.... Charizard.

Digivolution power scaling is much smaller than Pokemon evolutions, in between forms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)