Other The Return of the LoL - Epic Showdown of Destiny (Finals)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok guys so we are currently at 39 sign-ups. Typically tournaments with 9+ teams get prizing, so if we can get to 45 sign-ups we should be ready to roll with the tournament. Of course, this is reliant on activity.

I'm sorry but the players who haven't reached level 30 (Ullar) aren't eligible to play because the games are played in tournament draft mode :(

It's looking to me like the snake draft format is the preferred one, though there's a few premade teams as well. As such, I'm thinking that I'll take a long look at the teams/players tomorrow night when I have time, and will decide on a final format.

Currently I am leaning towards doing a snake draft where some 'picks' are already decided, so long as I feel those picks are of equal or lesser rank to what the corresponding 'free agent' from the available draft pool would be. What that means is, if a premade team wants to play together that's fine, but they must be of equal or lesser solo queue rating to what the average team would be. If there's a strong negative response to this approach then I'll adjust it, but for now I think that's what I'm most likely to roll with.

Lavos Spawn Walrein z0m(no g)OG ;_; yohoE LightWolf Jenzo Starbloom~ would you be available this weekend to do a draft, if we get the last few signups needed? For the last three, is your 'maybe'/'idc' meaning you'd be willing to pick players in a draft as a captain?

Finally, it's very important that people fill out the spreadsheet here or else it really won't be possible to figure out who should be drafted where and whether a premade team is 'fair' or not. It also makes it impossible to get in touch with you on the client. In other words, it is very important that everyone fill out the sheet or else I'll have to PM you individually, which I'd really rather avoid.

It might be good for those of you who signed up a few days ago or are new to Smogon if you add me (NU UncleSam) on the league client and confirm your activity level. I am thinking of having a designated time to play while allowing captains to negotiate alternative times between themselves, and for the tournament to be some type of round-robin played out over several weeks (ie between 1-3 games per week, maybe more if you're winning a lot). I'd like to get this done inside of a month because otherwise people will absolutely lose interest, so I'm going to be enforcing deadlines strictly for when games are played. As such, if people could give input on when scheduling might be most convenient for them that would be appreciated.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok went through the signups and I believe the following have signed up but not filled out the sheet. Please do so at your earliest convenience: Eo Ut Mortus RaoulSteve247 Hippopotas Jenzo PttP Nova Chartis Cleric GC BLINGAS Weight of Rain

There's probably more who missed filling it out and there's a few who signed up on the sheet but not in the thread. No clue who ballabrown69 (rofl) is, for example.

If you fail to sign either on the sheet or in the thread there's a chance you might get missed and not get drafted, though I will do my best to make sure that doesn't happen.

Ok guys so we are currently at 39 sign-ups. Typically tournaments with 9+ teams get prizing, so if we can get to 45 sign-ups we should be ready to roll with the tournament. Of course, this is reliant on activity.

I'm sorry but the players who haven't reached level 30 (Ullar) aren't eligible to play because the games are played in tournament draft mode :(

It's looking to me like the snake draft format is the preferred one, though there's a few premade teams as well. As such, I'm thinking that I'll take a long look at the teams/players tomorrow night when I have time, and will decide on a final format.

Currently I am leaning towards doing a snake draft where some 'picks' are already decided, so long as I feel those picks are of equal or lesser rank to what the corresponding 'free agent' from the available draft pool would be. What that means is, if a premade team wants to play together that's fine, but they must be of equal or lesser solo queue rating to what the average team would be. If there's a strong negative response to this approach then I'll adjust it, but for now I think that's what I'm most likely to roll with.

Lavos Spawn Walrein z0m(no g)OG ;_; yohoE LightWolf Jenzo Starbloom~ would you be available this weekend to do a draft, if we get the last few signups needed? For the last three, is your 'maybe'/'idc' meaning you'd be willing to pick players in a draft as a captain?

Finally, it's very important that people fill out the spreadsheet here or else it really won't be possible to figure out who should be drafted where and whether a premade team is 'fair' or not. It also makes it impossible to get in touch with you on the client. In other words, it is very important that everyone fill out the sheet or else I'll have to PM you individually, which I'd really rather avoid.

It might be good for those of you who signed up a few days ago or are new to Smogon if you add me (NU UncleSam) on the league client and confirm your activity level. I am thinking of having a designated time to play while allowing captains to negotiate alternative times between themselves, and for the tournament to be some type of round-robin played out over several weeks (ie between 1-3 games per week, maybe more if you're winning a lot). I'd like to get this done inside of a month because otherwise people will absolutely lose interest, so I'm going to be enforcing deadlines strictly for when games are played. As such, if people could give input on when scheduling might be most convenient for them that would be appreciated.
I'm probably available all weekend. Saturday could be hard but I can make it work.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I'm available all weekend except between 6-8 PM EST on Saturday. Would love to get this draft done ASAP.

How is drafting going to work? Seems like the average rank is high Gold/low Plat with a few Silvers/Diamonds. Will captain rank have an influence on drafting?

Thanks for all the hard work UncleSam

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
IGN: finallyfren
1. in
2. 30
3. silver 5
4. i don't care whether its draft, snake, or premade
5. would only like to captain if we're doing premades (have group of 4 other friends)
6. Which roles you would prefer to play, on this sheet (top,jungle,support)

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
IGN: checkmater75

1. in
2. 30
3. plat 3
4. would like to premade with frens
5. nah finally or cutie raikoo could do it
6. jg main, can sup/adc

LightWolf

lightwoof
U.S. I p much made clear my stance on captain hood. If you need one I'll be one. And I'm LightWolf, I'm always free!(be on my team if you want a reliable shit player!)

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
ign: masterofbetrayal
silver 1
snake
fill

am also signing up 4 the franky who is 2 lazy to log in

03:14:43: <MANGO> Cp this
03:14:57: <MANGO> In, Lv 30, Halloweeeen, Gold I, Idgaf, Idgaf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)