Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Corrin is the biggest waste of space for a character my god. He / she puts Shulk to fucking shame with that range though.

Bayonetta looks like ez gimps and slowing down time seems op. This is looking to be a really good character by the looks of it.

Cloud we'll get ahold off later today and see how he plays.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
My god... the Smash PS room is acting worse than Nintendo's twitch chat... how the fuck does one even accomplish that?

So your character lost and Sakurai completly slammed characters from previous games that haven't returned ("There were a lot of votes for previous fighters and other unrealizable characters" or something like that, what was ice climbers the top veteran voted for or something?). I have only one thing to say. SO. WHAT. Who cares if your dream character didn't make it in. Look at it how i do: it'd be awesome if they made it, but it's still an amazing game without them. Be greatful we're getting anything at all.

Also: There is no such thing as a wasted slot. It's not like the devs were restricted to a certain character count. If we didn't get Corrin, Cloud and Bayonetta would probably have been all we got from this direct.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Bayonetta is so unexpected oml, at least it's another female fighter, and she's sexy as hell, so I'm pleased.

Corrin... sigh another swordfighter, but at least he's a fucking dragoN!

I feel like I'm the only one who ended up disappointed. No more DLC ever and none of the characters I wanted made it in. :( I'm just a huge case of disappointment upon the sea of hype.

I do appreciate the effort they put to make the DLC. I'm just so disappointed. :(

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Corrin is obviously an attempt to plug FE: Fates. Still looks pretty cool though

Bayonetta being the Ballot winner is what really surprised me (especially being a character from an M-Rated game... but then again, Snake in Brawl) but she looks interesting. And to everyone saying she's overpowered, she probably isn't. Slowing down time is her COUNTER MOVE, nothing more.

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME.

I AM SO FUCKING DONE. THEY REMOVED AURA SPHERE CANCELLING. HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY LUCARIO NOW?

Just kidding the Lucario skype chat can eat dicks for lying to me.

Bayonetta is so unexpected oml, at least it's another female fighter, and she's sexy as hell, so I'm pleased.
Bayonetta always made a lot of sense, due to how close Platinum Games and Nintendo now are (Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive, and PG is making Star Fox). Being from an action/fighting game herself, she was a natural fit into Smash. It looks like they perfectly made her kit to represent her games, even though she seems a little OP.

There were really only two issues blocking it IMO: Whether she was popular enough (obviously, the Smash Ballot assuaged those fears) and the fact that she is a bit too mature for a Nintendo/rated E10 game (which they toned down... mostly). I had been holding out for her during development of the game hoping for something, but I gave up hope a long time ago. Feels good to see her back and looking so good :^)

I'm more excited for Corrin than Bayonetta. I really wanted him in the game, but thought it was impossible since fire emblem isn't that popular. I'm glad that I was wrong.

Still, he kinda looks extremely rushed from the gameplay footage i've seen so far. I hope Nintendo takes the time to polish him up.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I just realized my 3DS needs 27 more blocks to get the new update.

I deleted all my extra data too, so basically I'm screwed :((((

i am PRETTY HAPPY

i think the most potentially broken mechanic corrin has is the sideb stalling when you impale someone into the ground. there could be so many options! and look at how long it stalls!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The only thing I'm disappointed about is that there was only 1 ballot winner. I was under the impression that we were going to get 2 or 3 characters from the ballot.

Corrin looks awesome, stop bitching. Never played a FE game in my life and he/she looks fun as hell to play.

At first I was disappointed with corrin, but looking at the way he plays I definately want to try him out. Also now smash is rated m.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh boy, just got back from fighting a really good Cloud. His up air is really good. Like really good. Fast falling up air into the ground and a second up air is a true combo up to mid percents that does a sweet 26% total. It's surprisingly fast as well given its massive range and power, making it a good kill move imo. Neutral air with a short hop is lagless too, so Cloud's spacing really puts Shulk's to shame. The unpredictability of his limit break is also really tough to deal with, since it's never really obvious which move he'll bust out unless he's off stage. Definitely a top tier threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)