League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
pretty please can we join under level 30 if we have a gold+ player vouch for our entry
Well so the problem is that I *don't think* (?) that under-30 players can play in Tournament Draft mode? What level are you/is there any chance you'll hit 30 before the tournament starts (like actually starts) in ~1-2 weeks?

If you CAN play in tourney draft and own 16 champs then I'll consider it (especially if you're like level 29 or something).

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You have honestly GOT to be fucking shitting me.

Like, I just fucking played a game 2 hours ago???? And now all of a sudden I have to redownload the entire fucking client??? Don't even bother telling me that when I'm fucking searching for a queue, or even when picking a champion. Wait until I'm ALREADY 2 MINUTES IN THE GAME TO FORCEFULLY KICK ME OUT.

Honestly fuck this game. I swear to fuck if I get low prio queued from this I'm gonna be pissed. I already got low prio queued because my game bugsplatted immediately after me having to dodge twice.

so smogon what shitty thing did league of legends do to ruin YOUR day?

UPDATE: After trying to quickly repair the corrupted files (I'm not sure why or how they even got corrupted in teh first place considering I played multiple games today but whatever) I clicked reconnect only to be greeted with bugsplat. Cool.

Last edited:

Like, I just fucking played a game 2 hours ago???? And now all of a sudden I have to redownload the entire fucking client??? Don't even bother telling me that when I'm fucking searching for a queue, or even when picking a champion. Wait until I'm ALREADY 2 MINUTES IN THE GAME TO FORCEFULLY KICK ME OUT.

Honestly fuck this game. I swear to fuck if I get low prio queued from this I'm gonna be pissed. I already got low prio queued because my game bugsplatted immediately after me having to dodge twice.

lol ive dodged and afked a shit ton of times and my game crashes all the time and i havent been placed in leaverbuster

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus

UPDATE: After trying to quickly repair the corrupted files (I'm not sure why or how they even got corrupted in teh first place considering I played multiple games today but whatever) I clicked reconnect only to be greeted with bugsplat. Cool.

lmao i had this happen before, it was because i had the league files on a hard drive and the usb port came loose though, had to redownload everything so yeah we lost...my duo partner was not pleased but nothin u can do xD

Lavos

Banned deucer.
anyone ever get "unexpected platform error" while trying to save masteries in champ select? happened to me a couple times and when i load into the game i won't have any masteries despite the display page showing them to be full. gotta say the 0 mastery rengar jungling was not pleasant

on the bright side, got forced to play adc twice in ranked today and won both :D swear to god my hands just give up above like 1.5 attack speed

Lavos

Banned deucer.

tfw your MMR is 100 lower than the average in your division but you take 8 of your last 9 ranked matches and move up anyways with 12 LP per win

At the risk of sounding like a scrub am I the only one who feels that MF is still fucking absurd? As they often due riot nerfed a problem champion without nerfing the actual problems...

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I dont think the ultimate needs to be touched. Maybe visually bc she looks dumb.

If anything her damage needs to be slightly weaker. Make her similar to old corki where shes good midgame but weak late and early. Her entire theme is roaming adc and that should stay the same. Making it so she isnt that good of a duelest compared to other champs would be the best. Being able to 1v1 lucian, one of the better adc duelests is kinda shitty and out of character. If they removed that dumb blind she would be rightly tuned tbh

Lavos

Banned deucer.
the only issue with quinn is the way her blind works, if it worked like a teemo or graves blind it wouldn't be nearly as ridiculous

the insane ult speed is kinda dumb because once she gets ahead it's impossible to walk into lane, but that can be said of many champs

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
As someone who has played a decent amount of Quinn both pre- and post-rework, I honestly think her damage is her biggest issue, specifically when proccing her passive. It wasn't such a big deal pre-rework, because you procced it less, but her burst is pretty ridiculous now.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Saw that thread for the smogon LoL tournament, and though I can't compete because I'm on OCE it got me to update and start playing the game again and geez is it changed from when I used to play in late S3 / early S4. masteries are whack and I have no idea where to put them, things that used to be garbage when I played are now pretty good (Quinn, guinsoos and to an extent sej come to mind). Currently trying to get back into the swing of it by playing mainly mid anivia + diana and devourer junglers. If anyone could help me get up to speed with what champs + masteries are good now that'd be swell (this keystone thing confuses me so much)

Also if anybody on OCE wants to play a few feel free to add me (summoner name = deck the halls). My connections pretty crap and is prone to dropping out constantly, but a few of the lads I play with are ok (Gold) and ones in master so they can usually pick up the slack when I drop out.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thunderlord's Decree is currently considered to be the "best" keystone mastery simply because the other offensive masteries have been overnerfed. It's best on champs that trade in bursts, whether they be full-on assassins like LeBlanc or simply do burst trades such as Lucian.

Deathfire Touch is a decent alternative on poke champs or champs with extreme DoT - so basically Brand.

Fervor of Battle and Warlord's Bloodlust are both decent on heavily-AA reliant champs, though obviously don't bring Warlord's if you aren't building crit.

Windspeaker's Blessing is obviously great on heal/shield supports.

Bond of Stone is great on pure tanks or support tanks, whereas Grasp of the Undying is better on bruisers or tanks that do a lot of autoattack dueling.

The others generally aren't worth taking.

champ-wise, Mundo, Tahm Kench, Lux, Quinn, Trundle, and Malphite are a few that are very strong right now. New Poppy is fun and her earlygame is kind of ridiculous but her lategame presence is mediocre.

tcr

sage of six tabs

couldnt be bothered to crop it, firecracker jinx is cool and i bought it since ive always wanted it, none of the rest are worth spending money on since i have better skins or prefer base

i actually really like this idea from riot, reminds me of getting packs of cards in hearthstone except the shit isnt free lol

Saw that thread for the smogon LoL tournament, and though I can't compete because I'm on OCE it got me to update and start playing the game again and geez is it changed from when I used to play in late S3 / early S4. masteries are whack and I have no idea where to put them, things that used to be garbage when I played are now pretty good (Quinn, guinsoos and to an extent sej come to mind). Currently trying to get back into the swing of it by playing mainly mid anivia + diana and devourer junglers. If anyone could help me get up to speed with what champs + masteries are good now that'd be swell (this keystone thing confuses me so much)

Also if anybody on OCE wants to play a few feel free to add me (summoner name = deck the halls). My connections pretty crap and is prone to dropping out constantly, but a few of the lads I play with are ok (Gold) and ones in master so they can usually pick up the slack when I drop out.
added you (Sayaka Miki) :) My level 30 is on NA but I'm working on this one bit by bit while I relearn the game (haven't played real seriously since S3, have to adapt to the pace and fix my laning). Any other Oceania summoners feel free to add me \o/ (if you had my oceania account added before, you already have me). I'm trying to get that account levelled up for ranked.

snowdown shop! Grats on the Fizz Kotori.

Gonna get Pool Party Lulu probably, my preferred Soraka skin is Dryad Soraka which is cheap as hell anyway but Order of the Banana is 5 RP more with that discount... I love Star Guardian Lux so much but don't play enough Lux to buy it on a secondary account at 20%. Still it's better than some I've seen, and there's a skin I wanted there for a discount I'd be willing to spend, so I might put RP in before the end of YSS. I lucked out on the selection mostly because I don't own many champions on Oceania and haven't played many in a long time.

Only one I'd consider is Firecracker Jinx and I have Mafia which I like just as much and never see anyone else use these days 'cause of Firecracker. I own a Caitlyn skin (I've had Safari for years) and Arctic Ops is going on sale in January. I have skins for everything there actually... two skins for Leona... So I feel like this shop honestly just reflects that I own too many skins on NA. I was really really hoping for Bittersweet Lulu (only Lulu skin I don't have, so n ochance I'd get it) or a Bard promo or one of the Annie skins I like (but just as good a chance of getting one of the Annie skins I hate, I don't have an Annie skin lol).
Anyway YSS is mostly a promo for new players I think to get them to spend RP. I thought the champion promos would be lame but they're actually cool with big enough discounts. I am enjoying seeing everyone else's though, hope you all get something nice! (edit about yss: make sure to check the snowdown and january sales schedules, they're up already and some nice skins going on sale next month for probably more than you'll get the discount for http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/january-sales-schedule also remember when buying legendaries to wait for legendary snowball for a free mystery gift.)

Btw imo Thunderlord's Decree >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Windspeaker's Blessing now (don't know what the PBE changes will do there because I forgot), at least on the supports I play. They removed the % resistances bonus so it feels very underwhelming relative to the state Thunderlord's is in. Still a nice help to your squishies but it was a super good buff to tanks and that's where it shone. TLD was already a good choice for better laning on stuff like Sona, Lulu, etc. WSB seems like it's very viable still on Sona, especially in some matchups, but most matchups if you're not expecting to get utterly thrashed I'd want to take TLD personally...

Don't know if TLD is better on Janna but I suspect it might be if you're not one of those Jannas that just sits there practically out of xp range pressing E like you're a Season 2 Soraka.

Most of the keystones have been buffed on PBE to bring them up to a state better fit to compete with TLD and incentivise speccing into them, I like the Stormraider's change personally, many of the keystones are very niche (which Thunderlord's isn't at all) but on a few champions it's super cool.

The tank tree is very strong so there's a lot more incentive to go into it (well, you mostly need to) for tanky champions than to pick Ferocity over Cunning for a lot of offensive champions imo. Tuning the Ferocity keystones will help.

I really like the new mastery system, that there is no just 'pure utility' tree anymore rules, and the decisions you make in the tree actually feel non-forced except for Thunderlord's, I actually change my masteries a lot now. Keystones are very cool and at least as a support player I feel like there's a lot of incentive to spec all kinds of ways now on single champions. I'm happy with the changes they've been making to add third choices in at some ranks.

Last edited:

absolute garbage all round, thankfully most skins i would want are ones i already have on euw so i guess the shop didnt have much to throw at me

I can't decide whether your NA or EUW is the worst one I've seen yet lol sorry Nayrz :( It's a shame. I was looking forward to this because I don't want to buy non-discounted skins on my Oceania account + the champ promos

Of the 3 Lux skins I don't have I get the 2 ugly ones. I don't play Garen at all sso meh. For Tristana and Nidalee I have better skins. At least i might finally get my hands on Cait, this is one of her better looking skins too I think.

Was really hoping to get something for Gragas, he's pretty much the only champ I play a lot that I don't have a skin for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)