The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can still absolutely see Patriots vs. Steelers as the AFC Championship game. I'm confident the Steelers can win their remaining three games and pick up a wild card spot (probably #6). Even if they don't manage to beat Denver at home, which would surprise me considering the Steelers are in very good form, I definitely can't see the Jets sneaking in, especially as they have to walk through the New England buzzsaw.

I can still absolutely see Patriots vs. Steelers as the AFC Championship game. I'm confident the Steelers can win their remaining three games and pick up a wild card spot (probably #6). Even if they don't manage to beat Denver at home, which would surprise me considering the Steelers are in very good form, I definitely can't see the Jets sneaking in, especially as they have to walk through the New England buzzsaw.
Um definitely?? 1st they get an ez win against Dallas and they almost beat the pats at foxborough so u cant count them out at home vs the pats even if they lost 2 the pats at home winning at buffalo is certainly possible for them. The Jets should be able to make the playoffs If Steelers lose or KC loses a game sometime rest of the season

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The Chiefs have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL and they're hotter than Hansel right now, they're easily the least likely team to get left out. (Heh, same schedule as Steelers sub Raiders for Broncos though.) IIRC, Steelers need to beat Denver to hold tiebreaker on the Jets too so if they both lose their toughest matchup remaining then the Jets get the 6-seed. The Bills are actually a real team that the Jets are most likely to stumble in multiple games though.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like if Pittsburgh and the Jets both reach 11-5 the Steelers should own the tiebreaker based on common games, since the only opponent the Jets and Steelers share (outside of their divisions) is the Raiders, whom the Steelers beat and the Jets lost to. They would share the exact same conference and division records and do not have a head to head matchup to decide it. If for some reason that tiebreaker is no good, Pittsburgh will (likely) have a better strength of victory than the Yets. I hope I'm not missing anything. Either way Pittsburgh, to be sure, needs to win out. Can't count on other teams to stumble!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At least in the NFC there isn't a really viable third team fighting for the wild card so the NFC East winner isn't gonna be taking a more worthy spot!

At least AFC has a real battle going on the two slots now. NFC fell off hard. It's now really just down to who gets East division and Seattle or Minnesota getting fifth seed.

He's good, but he's throwing too high tonight.

And I don't know why they went for the field goal instead of running the 4th down when down by two touchdowns. Was their only chance. Now Rams can just run the clock down.

He's good, but he's throwing too high tonight.

And I don't know why they went for the field goal instead of running the 4th down when down by two touchdowns. Was their only chance. Now Rams can just run the clock down.
They needed a field goal + 1 TD + PAT + TD + 2 pt to tie the game. So they took the sure score to go for TDs in the next two possessions.

EDIT: Welp, now the game's over.

They needed a field goal + 1 TD + PAT + TD + 2 pt to tie the game. So they took the sure score to go for TDs in the next two possessions.

EDIT: Welp, now the game's over.
Even so, at eight minutes with three scores to go, you're not looking at an easy road to the touchdowns.

The interception was the killer though. They would have gone for that 2PC and tied it with the score on the possession. Good comeback attempt.

Glad SL won though. Just knocking another team further out of the wild card hunt.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Apparently nobody remembered the SPECIAL SATURDAY EDITION OF THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Last edited:

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't think I've seen a player completely implode on the field the way Odell Beckham did today. The TD drop at the beginning wasn't a huge deal (happens to the best of them) but after that he keeps dropping balls and fighting with Josh Norman, including one ridiculous unsportsmanlike penalty that should have gotten him thrown out of the game (it would have in college). Dude played like a complete bum today.

EDIT: Dude showed up in the second half lol

Last edited:
They can still make it. The Eggs need to lose against the Cards(likely), beat the skins next week(likely) and lose to the giants on the final game of the regular season(likely). In addition the skins have to lose on the road against the boy in week 17(likely). To be honest, the giants winning the final two games of the season is the only hard part.

I don't know why people are making a big deal about ODB and his game. Jesus, i'd be angry and upset if he was showing NO emotion. They're playing against an undefeated team and losing by 28 points, i LOVED ODB just fighting out there. What i hated was the lack of production. The only thing that matters. Even so, he had an okay game.

I don't know why people are making a big deal about ODB and his game. Jesus, i'd be angry and upset if he was showing NO emotion. They're playing against an undefeated team and losing by 28 points, i LOVED ODB just fighting out there.
that was DeAngelo Hall vs Steve Smith levels of thuggery from both sides, and pretty embarrassing as someone who isn't even a fan of either team. it clearly made Beckham play much more poorly, as he was basically invisible in the 2nd and 3rd quarters aside from the fights and only started making plays after he stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)