Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Some of the most antimeta mons currently?
Cobalion with Sub (SubToxic, SubSD with Shuca etc.), Mew, Gyara, Whimsicott, Togekiss, Mamoswine, Kyurem, Encore PuP MLop, SD Lando-T (can be SubSD, double dance, SD Smack Down + rocks)
Nothing has really changed to this list.
I felt Whimsicott was nice when I made the post but I think the main reason it worked well was because it had a lot of support. It's not as anti-meta on an usual team. On the other hand, I used Crawdaunt with decent success in the past few days so that might also be worth a try. Definitely use Jolly.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Naive mixed daunt is pretty fun. Ive been using Leftiez' mixed Blizzard set a lot and im liking it more than i ever liked its SD and band sets.

Just found a random shiny Rotom while farming them for gts, has modest nature and 5iv, missing Special Attack.

Im willing to train it and introduce it in my team (obviously the all-powerful wash form), but the modest nature in combination with a shitty sp. attack IV (2-3) makes me doubt.

What do you think, better go for a special attack oriented build or just the bulky one?
i think i bulky one would be the way to go

If you want to have the safety net without going full balance bulky offense is pretty good due to it lessening the burden on its user while retaining a large chunk of what makes HO so powerful a playstyle.
ok

Naive mixed daunt is pretty fun. Ive been using Leftiez' mixed Blizzard set a lot and im liking it more than i ever liked its SD and band sets.
thats great

Last edited by a moderator:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
is sash weavile a viable set? Whenever i use a team with talon or zam on it, that thing always seems to live with 1 HP and ohko my mon back when they really should be checking weavile.

is sash weavile a viable set? Whenever i use a team with talon or zam on it, that thing always seems to live with 1 HP and ohko my mon back when they really should be checking weavile.
Set up hazards to break it. Random Sash users may get surprise kills but isn't really reliable and that includes Sash Weavile. (LO Weavile is standard for a reason: It misses out on power and Sash isn't consistent)

Last edited:
Uh Mega Beedrill is fine right now in general. Outspeeding both Mane and Lopunny is a positive as both are pretty common. In general, a more offensive meta favors Mega Bee as that leads to a decline in bulky walls and pivots. The only real downside to using Beedrill is that it needs a lot of specific support. Like a really sturdy Talon check and Mag support are both basically requirements, as is consistent hazard removal. It's limited in what it can does but it's really good at what it does well.

Xatu has enlightened me.

Just gonna reiterate. Any good offensive Scolipede cores?
this is kinda late but offensive scoli+hp fire mega diancie is a really good core rn cause diancie is a great balance breaker awith limited switches as it is, and with hp fire diancie luring in scizor and skarmory, two of the best scolipede counters, aswell as providing an offensive talonflame check, it provides scolipede with arguably its best offensive partner

So I just got an idea about Hoopa Unbound. Giving it Fowl Play knowing that Hoopa is a glass cannon towards physical opponents, people might take advantage of it and go all physical against a Hoopa Unbound. But I feel one of the major downsides would be replacing hyperspace fury/hole due to it needing Drain Punch for health and needing Fire Punch and Gunk Shot for weakness counters. How would Fowl Play work on a Hoopa Unbound? I'm just curious on opinions on the idea. I'm not sure if it would work though.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I just got an idea about Hoopa Unbound. Giving it Fowl Play knowing that Hoopa is a glass cannon towards physical opponents, people might take advantage of it and go all physical against a Hoopa Unbound. But I feel one of the major downsides would be replacing hyperspace fury/hole due to it needing Drain Punch for health and needing Fire Punch and Gunk Shot for weakness counters. How would Fowl Play work on a Hoopa Unbound? I'm just curious on opinions on the idea. I'm not sure if it would work though.
Badly, since nothing in OU has higher attack than Hoopa-U bar Kyurem-B, so Hyperspace Fury will outdamage it 99% of the time.

does anyone have a Mega Beedrill team I could use / get ideas from?

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Talonflame @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Here's a quick team I made a while back, built around Mega Bee + Magnezone. Mag traps in the annoying steel types like Skarm and Ferro, while Beedrill can Knock off any shed shells on the switch. Ganlon Talonflame lures in fat grounds like Helmet Chomp and Lando-T which also annoy Beedrill. Now since we have Bee + Talon, we need a spinner--picked Starmie to *sort of* check Keldeo and spin. Lando-T of course is the check to everything and I picked it over Garchomp because I'm really weak to sand on this team. Finally since I had a U-turn/U-turn thing going on, I figured that a Kyu-B could really take advantage of the free switches. It's also a secondary fast electric check since Magnezone can't exactly beat things like CM Raikou. This team is pretty weak to things like Bisharp (but what can it set up on? :O) and your Draco switchin is a zero bulk Magnezone ._. but otherwise it's pretty fun.

So I have a gaming computer, specs being 4.0GHz i7 4790k Processor.. And every time I open the team builder on Showdown FireFox always goes into "Not responding" mode for a few seconds.. Surely it's not my computer? Is it Firefox or do i need to do something with my memory or something?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I have a gaming computer, specs being 4.0GHz i7 4790k Processor.. And every time I open the team builder on Showdown FireFox always goes into "Not responding" mode for a few seconds.. Surely it's not my computer? Is it Firefox or do i need to do something with my memory or something?
Have you tried downloading the desktop client? When a computer struggles with Showdown in-browser this usually works, and it stores teams on your computer as opposed to in cookies, meaning that you won't lose teams unless you forget to close the teambuilder tab before closing the program.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Talonflame @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Here's a quick team I made a while back, built around Mega Bee + Magnezone. Mag traps in the annoying steel types like Skarm and Ferro, while Beedrill can Knock off any shed shells on the switch. Ganlon Talonflame lures in fat grounds like Helmet Chomp and Lando-T which also annoy Beedrill. Now since we have Bee + Talon, we need a spinner--picked Starmie to *sort of* check Keldeo and spin. Lando-T of course is the check to everything and I picked it over Garchomp because I'm really weak to sand on this team. Finally since I had a U-turn/U-turn thing going on, I figured that a Kyu-B could really take advantage of the free switches. It's also a secondary fast electric check since Magnezone can't exactly beat things like CM Raikou. This team is pretty weak to things like Bisharp (but what can it set up on? :O) and your Draco switchin is a zero bulk Magnezone ._. but otherwise it's pretty fun.
I was kind of eyeing this team and thought I would just point out a couple of things. Team is pretty weak to Latios, kind of in the fact that well, Magnezone is the only thing stopping it defensively and a good half of the team doesnt have the speed tier to do much but switch from an offensive perspective. I think pursuit Beedrill over Knock Off would be more suitable so that you can pressure it seeing as how unless it's the very rare scarf they're most likely not staying in. the Ganlon berry Tflame while cute seems really off on your team and something like bulk up wisp would be more appropriate. Normally I would say SD but this team has pretty large issues with Sableye so it kind of necessitates that. Taunt can be used to slow down defensive cores that only kyurem-b is really breaking. I think Rocky Helmet Lando-T is pretty much the way to go. There's a lot of contact attackers that just hit and run right now with no real repercussion such as Lopunny, M-Metagross, and what do you know, Bisharp. Then you can get technical with life orb numbers on Starmie, Kyurem-B, etc. but that's something things I noticed that sort of looked weird.

Is this set viable in ou

Blastoise @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Sorry if i came as a bitch, if you want to deal with keldeo , you qre better with Starmie, regular blastoise has no niche in OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)