Smogon Premier League VII - Comemesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
To the people who signed up and were expected to get drafted but didn't. How do you really feel?
This is 3 pages late, but I've only just recently gotten over my depression over not being picked for the prestigious tour. After 2 (yes you read right, 2) of my posts gaining over 100 likes combined, I was ecstatic. "Finally, I'm fitting in! Smogon really likes me now!" I said to myself as I paced through my room, excited to know who my teammates would be this SPL. I was already preparing my teams, telling my friends, parents, and teachers about my accomplishment. They all smiled and told me how happy they were for me. Life was looking up. Just to be sure, I took some of my ladder peaks of 1600 and 1650 to show as proof that I could play this game at a high level, and I almost sent them to every single manager and assistant manager, but my fingers had become too sweaty from all the excitement, so I decided against it, telling myself that my posts were good enough.

Auctions came. I was a bit surprised I wasn't the first nomination, but it was only natural. "Maybe they're just overlooking my talent, or they're saving me for the end" I giddily thought to myself, as each nominee passed by. Until finally, the auction had concluded. I stared at my screen for some time, desperately Control-F'ing, searching for my username in the nominations and the final list. Much to my chagrin, it was nowhere to be found. I lied down, dejected. How could it be that I was not picked? I am well known. I've even been asked for one of my teams on PS! (perhaps not exactly my team, but I changed some EVs I got from an RMT, so it was close enough)

I've only recently gotten the strength to start looking at this thread again, and I've blocked everyone I know who has been picked on Skype. While it is still a mystery how I wasn't picked, I'm leaning towards a conspiracy cobbled together by the Tournament Directors, perhaps PMing each of the managers not to pick me. That is the only possible way I can fathom that I could have been overlooked during the auction.

I suppose the only way to sum up how I feel in this thread, is this picture:

kBYn9gU.png

This is 3 pages late, but I've only just recently gotten over my depression over not being picked for the prestigious tour. After 2 (yes you read right, 2) of my posts gaining over 100 likes combined, I was ecstatic. "Finally, I'm fitting in! Smogon really likes me now!" I said to myself as I paced through my room, excited to know who my teammates would be this SPL. I was already preparing my teams, telling my friends, parents, and teachers about my accomplishment. They all smiled and told me how happy they were for me. Life was looking up. Just to be sure, I took some of my ladder peaks of 1600 and 1650 to show as proof that I could play this game at a high level, and I almost sent them to every single manager and assistant manager, but my fingers had become too sweaty from all the excitement, so I decided against it, telling myself that my posts were good enough.

Auctions came. I was a bit surprised I wasn't the first nomination, but it was only natural. "Maybe they're just overlooking my talent, or they're saving me for the end" I giddily thought to myself, as each nominee passed by. Until finally, the auction had concluded. I stared at my screen for some time, desperately Control-F'ing, searching for my username in the nominations and the final list. Much to my chagrin, it was nowhere to be found. I lied down, dejected. How could it be that I was not picked? I am well known. I've even been asked for one of my teams on PS! (perhaps not exactly my team, but I changed some EVs I got from an RMT, so it was close enough)

I've only recently gotten the strength to start looking at this thread again, and I've blocked everyone I know who has been picked on Skype. While it is still a mystery how I wasn't picked, I'm leaning towards a conspiracy cobbled together by the Tournament Directors, perhaps PMing each of the managers not to pick me. That is the only possible way I can fathom that I could have been overlooked during the auction.

I suppose the only way to sum up how I feel in this thread, is this picture:

That post was to long but I saw the picture so i knew it was good : )

Nice try (BAN ME PLEASE)

I did delete the one but not the last couple
Read what i said..

I thought ''might as well'' as in. Why don't i delete this post since it seems much worse and 'meaner' than the post where I say ''You've played the game for 9 years and you're still gonna be on the bench''. I mean this time I make a post and I have 5 people crying about it. No one bullied me into deleting shit. Like i give a fuck what a washed up player like Lady bug says when he's been desperately trying to get on sharks and they wouldn't even bid more than a measly 4k for him. Nor do I give a crap what some random shit like tokyo tom says (didn't even know someone like this existed, i always had ''tom bus'' until i read the name twice). He wants to white knight his teammate and look cool to fit in. Last but not least, Sweep and his bullshit post to somehow make his decision not to buy asuya for only 3k because he wanted ''depth'' look good. lmao.

Admit it oglemi, if i didn't delete this post you would've done it yourself.

i never expected the asuya pick-up to get this much attention o_0

for the record, although I support asuya and company, i'm glad that sweep posted what he did. i'm not a real big believer that SPL (the pinnacle of competitive Pokemon on Smogon) should be handshakes and smiles. I want our opponents to be people we want to beat the fuck out of, not go out and grab some ice cream cones with after our matches. too many people are embarrassingly soft, can't wait for week one to get here.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Read what i said..

I thought ''might as well'' as in. Why don't i delete this post since it seems much worse and 'meaner' than the post where I say ''You've played the game for 9 years and you're still gonna be on the bench''. I mean this time I make a post and I have 5 people crying about it. No one bullied me into deleting shit. Like i give a fuck what a washed up player like Lady bug says when he's been desperately trying to get on sharks and they wouldn't even bid more than a measly 4k for him. Nor do I give a crap what some random shit like tokyo tom says (didn't even know someone like this existed, i always had ''tom bus'' until i read the name twice). He wants to white knight his teammate and look cool to fit in. Last but not least, Sweep and his bullshit post to somehow make his decision not to buy asuya for only 3k because he wanted ''depth'' look good. lmao.

Admit it oglemi, if i didn't delete this post you would've done it yourself.
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just trying to up my meme game like everyone else. Pretty sure that's what SPL is about these days.

i never expected the asuya pick-up to get this much attention o_0

for the record, although I support asuya and company, i'm glad that sweep posted what he did. i'm not a real big believer that SPL (the pinnacle of competitive Pokemon on Smogon) should be handshakes and smiles. I want our opponents to be people we want to beat the fuck out of, not go out and grab some ice cream cones with after our matches. too many people are embarrassingly soft, can't wait for week one to get here.
1) don't talk about yourself in the third person
2) don't hype yourself for posting

fucking ego on this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)