Ladder and rating system policy

Stratos

Banned deucer.
We've had a few suspect tests where there's been an additional requirement that the player reach the requisite COIL in less than N battles.
I mean when you work it into the COIL formula, capping N is literally the same as introducing a GXE floor, except the red line on my graph that's intersecting the exponential curve at a given point is vertical instead of horizontal, so I'm not sure why according to llamas you seem to be in support of one and not the other. Not trying to trap you into justifying your past actions cuz i dont care, just saying if a suspect test in the future wants to do a GXE floor there's no real reason to stop them, as it's a different way of expressing the same idea.

anyways thanks for this work zarel. am i correct in assuming that a w/l reset only resets your w/l and not your other metrics? and is there a possibility of adding killstreaks so that i can keep my all-time w/l while still going for killstreaks? ideally i'd like to have both, though i definitely think that what we have currently is a really good solution.

I mean when you work it into the COIL formula, capping N is literally the same as introducing a GXE floor, except the red line on my graph that's intersecting the exponential curve at a given point is vertical instead of horizontal, so I'm not sure why according to llamas you seem to be in support of one and not the other. Not trying to trap you into justifying your past actions cuz i dont care, just saying if a suspect test in the future wants to do a GXE floor there's no real reason to stop them, as it's a different way of expressing the same idea.
That... sounds like it might be right? Idk. See: no sleep in like three months. Having a teething infant's a bitch.

I'm not sure why resetting someone's W/L record but not their ELO or GXE would solve the problem of people creating new alts? If i had a bad W/L and wanted to go for a streak i would also like to have a good GXE along with it, and perhaps have my ELO start from scratch so there's a better chance I can get a 30-0 W/L, or whatever my "goal" is. Basically the resetting w/l but not resetting gxe or elo doesn't really discourage people making new alts excessively, so i'm not sure why those two aren't being reset as well (assuming some sort of data or matchmaking thing?)

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm not sure why resetting someone's W/L record but not their ELO or GXE would solve the problem of people creating new alts? If i had a bad W/L and wanted to go for a streak i would also like to have a good GXE along with it, and perhaps have my ELO start from scratch so there's a better chance I can get a 30-0 W/L, or whatever my "goal" is. Basically the resetting w/l but not resetting gxe or elo doesn't really discourage people making new alts excessively, so i'm not sure why those two aren't being reset as well (assuming some sort of data or matchmaking thing?)
It's not? People creating new alts is not necessarily a problem?

Elo and GXE aren't being reset because there's zero consensus on whether or not they should be; see:

I don't like the idea of people being able to reset their own ranks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)