Project Core Analysis Workshop (Discussing Partners for Mega Sharpedo + Tank Chomp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeze-Dry Life Orb Mamoswine, if already out destroys this core by itself with Freeze-Dry, Earthquake, and the killing Ice Shard which prevents either from easily switching in. Another threat would be Life Orb 3 attack Roost Kyurem-Black who has the tools to destroy Mega Sceptile (with ice beam) and Azumarill with fusion bolt (which if low enough kills Mega-Sceptile due to Teravolt) once it gets in on a predicted waterfall/aqua jet. If Kyurem-Black is facing Mega Sceptile 1v1 dragon pulse fails to Kill without prior damage and it has to be wary of scarf variants of Kyurem-Black which has risen in popularity as of late.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

-244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 255-302 (72 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 51-61 (14.4 - 17.2%) -- possible 6HKO
-12 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 52 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 179-213 (50.5 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Sceptile: 437-515 (155.5 - 183.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mamoswine: 255-300 (71 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
_
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 330-390 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Sceptile: 1014-1201 (360.8 - 427.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 66-78 (16.8 - 19.9%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
56 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 372-439 (105 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I don't think this is what we are looking for.

As you yourself mentioned in the calculations, Mamo's EQ doesn't KO Azumarill who OHKOes back with Waterfall. Kyurem-B gets hit very hard by Dragon Pulse such that any prior damage, say Stealth Rock or Banded Aqua Jet will finish it off.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis / Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Amoonguss is a threat to the core being able to come in on both Azumarill and Sceptile, take 2 moves from both of them, and retaliate with a move of it's own. Amoonguss completely counters CB Azumarill without Knock Off, and the EV spread allows you to take 2 Knock Offs from CB Azu with Stealth Rocks up. Amoonguss can also take 2 Dragon Pulses from Sceptile quite well, and can then strike back with Clear Smog, or Sludge Bomb, if you choose to run that.

Amoonguss vs. Azumarill
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Amoonguss: 192-226 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Amoonguss: 129-152 (29.8 - 35.1%) -- 18.4% chance to 3HKO
(52,3 + 35,1 + 12,5 = 99.9, so you can take 2 Knock Offs and proceed to 2HKO with Giga Drain or Sludge Bomb)

0 SpA Amoonguss Giga Drain vs. 52 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 170-204 (48 - 57.6%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 52 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 204-242 (57.6 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Amoonguss vs. Sceptile
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Amoonguss: 160-190 (37 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Amoonguss: 160-190 (37 - 43.9%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sceptile: 194-230 (69 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Amoonguss Clear Smog vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sceptile: 110-132 (39.1 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(Amoonguss can tank 2 Dragon Pulses with Stealth Rock up, and proceed to recover lost HP with Synthesis, and then eventually being able to beat it with Clear Smogs or Sludge Bombs)

Choice Scarf Kyurem-B

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

With this Evs spread Kyurem-B reaches 310 Spe + Choice Scarf to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame. With two moves can sweep this core alone but it has to switch-out after the first kill due to the Choice item.

Mega Sceptile is OHKOed by Ice Beam, Dragon Claw and Outrage and can't do nothing in return.

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 322-380 (90.9 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after Stealth Rock)
Azumarill can OHKO in return with both Play Rough and Superpower.

Amoonguss is a threat to the core being able to come in on both Azumarill and Sceptile, take 2 moves from both of them, and retaliate with a move of it's own. Amoonguss completely counters CB Azumarill without Knock Off, and the EV spread allows you to take 2 Knock Offs from CB Azu with Stealth Rocks up. Amoonguss can also take 2 Dragon Pulses from Sceptile quite well, and can then strike back with Clear Smog, or Sludge Bomb, if you choose to run that.
Seriously, you don't want to use Clear Smog because it cancels the -2 SpA from a previous Leaf Storm from Mega Sceptile.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD /
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

M-Sceptile can do absolutely nothing to this Specially Defensive Roserade Set and Sludge Bomb is a guaranteed OKHO on it. Azumarill is easily out-sped by Roserade and rendered practically useless after a Sludge Bomb as shown by the following calc:

0 SpA Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 52 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 284-336 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Also, none of Azumarill's moves can clean OHKO this monster

jingle jingle

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Klefki is able to provide Speed control via Thunder Wave, crippling offensive threats to the core such as Scolipede, Tornadus-T, Gengar, and Kyurem-B. Most of these it also checks very well, although it dislikes Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss. Slowing down opponents allows Azumarill to wreck havoc with less fear. Klefki also provides Spikes support, wearing down opposing walls, which works wonders with Mega Sceptile thanks to its blazing Speed tier (Thunder Wave works well with Sceptile in slowing down Scarfers). Other partners such as Talonflame and Tornadus-T who are able to defeat Grass-types such as Tangrowth and Venusaur are appreciated.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Tornadus-Therian
@ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

The majority of mentioned threats to this core were bulky grass types, examples being Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Tangrowth. In addition, other threats like Gengar were brought up as troublesome. Tornadus-T is a good partner for Mega Sceptile and CB Azumarill for this reason, serving as a reliable response to those Pokemon. With AV and Regenerator, Torn can consistently come in on them all, and stick around throughout the course of a match to keep them in check. Other partners like Talonflame can do something similar, but Torn has one big advantage. It doesn't need hazard removal, whereas Talonflame will require you to use a fourth slot for Defog or Spin, which will really restrict the options you have when building around this core. This aside, U-turn gives the other core members free switch ins to use their strong attacks. For example, Pokemon like Rotom-W, Hippowdon, and Clefable often come in on Torn, and all of them can be taken advantage of by either Mega Scep or Azu. Knocking away items from things like Skarmory is also helpful to make these walls easier to break.

Last edited:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Heatran helps to take on the Grass-types and Steel-types which trouble this core with its Fire-typing. It can also act as a secondary Clefable check to the team. Heatran also sets up Stealth Rock which Azumarill and Sceptile loves.

EDIT: Scarf Tran allows you to get some surprise KOs on Weavile, Toxicroak and Mega Manectric but it's not consistent.

Last edited:

Mini-Mega Scizor
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

I've been playing with the Sceptile+Azu core for a couple weeks now already, and Scizor is a fantastic teammate for the both of them. The biggest problems for the two in this core are usually one of Poison-, Grass-, or Ice-types. Scizor handles all of these types with flying colors, and can often use them as set-up bait to begin a sweep. Being a defensive Scizor, it can act as a great pivot into attacks, and use a slow U-turn to bring in either Sceptile or Azumarill in safely; this is particularly beneficial because the things that Scizor lures in are handled very well by either Sceptile or Azumarill (think Heatran, Landorus-T, Keldeo and other Water-types on predicted Bullet Punches, etc.).

The EV's are the same that bludz posted here in September, and is fantastic for surviving two sunsequent Weavile Knock Offs with SR down, as well as being a great stop to Mega Gardevoir (which is great if you use Substitute Sceptile like I do) and Mega Metagross.

In my experience, Scizor is almost always an MVP in games with this core, and his support to both this core, and other possible teammates to this core like Heatran, Tornadus, Hoopa-U, Talonflame, etc. is invaluable. Having a solid defensive pivot, a counter to most of this core's threats, and a slow U-turn to get them in safely is the best thing this core could ask for all rolled into one slot.

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Acrobatics

The core seems pretty weak to fat mons like Venusaur, Skarmory, Tangrowth, Celebi, Amonguss, Roserade and I think Talonflamme is the perfect answer with the combinaison of Taunt/Wow. Acrobatics is the main STAB move against Gengar, Weavile *bye knock off* and Toxicroak.

0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 151-178 (58.3 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 118-141 (32.8 - 39.2%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile: 141-166 (50.1 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Toxicroak: 282-332 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo!

I didn't forget about this. The reason I didn't post a core this morning was because this is my 1,000th post and I planned to make a RMT with that post. Then I decided that I will be my usual lazy self and make nothing special of this post.

That said, a big thanks to everyone who welcomed me when I first joined and has been nice/friendly to me since. Thanks for all the contributions here, and shoutouts to all my friends. You know who you are whether you be regulars here or on PS. I'm not gonna go through the hassle of tagging everyone just so that a couple I forgot end up bitching at me about it. It's just my 1,000th post I've already made a bigger deal of it than I should have.

To celebrate my laziness, I'll choose the most boring core ever.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD OR 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature OR Careful Nature
- Roost
- Spikes / Defog
- Brave Bird / Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Let's pretend Skarmory can be either defensive or specially defensive. Not like this core on its own doesn't have a billion things running over it already so let's not add Mega Diancie and Gardevoir to the list.

Discuss threats

Last edited:

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory can't touch Sableye, can't set up Spikes or Whirlwind it out, and gets burned and set up on. Chansey can't do anything to Sableye. Sab is running the bad STAB move since Shadow Ball can't do anything to Chansey, while a +6 Dark Pulse can slowly chip away at Chansey's health and work towards PP stalling Softboiled and Heal Bell in conjunction with Will-o-Wisp. Standard utility set can do the same thing, but I find that CM tends to be more threatening towards Skarmsey teams due to how passive / bad they are.

0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 67-79 (22 - 25.9%) -- 3.3% chance to 4HKO
+6 0 SpA Mega Sableye Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 153-181 (23.8 - 28.1%) -- 94.1% chance to 4HKO

ResidentSleeper

Last edited:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off

This Gliscor set completely shuts down both Skarmory and Chansey with Taunt and Knock Off, restricting them from using recovery moves, setting up entry hazards, phazing Gliscor off the field and making them lose their precious items. Furthermore, Gliscor is one of the few mons that are immune to both Toxic and Thunder Wave, making Chansey practically useless. But what about their damaging moves? Well, Gliscor easily eats them up very well since it'll only be 6HKOed after its Poison Heal recovery by either move, and let's not forget that Gliscor has Roost to reliably heal itself even more. Knock Off deals little damage to them, but it is of no concern since Skarmory and Chansey can't do shit against Gliscor.
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 88-105 (25 - 29.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Poison Heal
Chansey Seismic Toss vs. 244 HP Gliscor: 100-100 (28.4 - 28.4%) -- guaranteed 6HKO after Poison Heal

0 Atk Gliscor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 39-46 (11.6 - 13.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Gliscor Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 26-31 (7.7 - 9.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Gliscor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 89-105 (13.8 - 16.3%) -- possible 7HKO
0 Atk Gliscor Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 89-105 (13.8 - 16.3%) -- possible 7HKO

Last edited:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock off
- Thunder Wave

Moveset doesnt really matter besides electric stab and knock off. Thundy obviously threatens skarmory to switch into chansey, who as we all know loses a lot of its walling capabilities once it loses its eviolite. thundurus himself doesnt really kill chansey at that point, but chansey is forced to heal far more often and the core opens itself up to be worn down by some serious breakers like kyurem.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Taunt, Knock Off, Rekt, Nuff Said

This guy not only beats Pseudo-SkarmBliss but hits pretty much all stall staples for SE damage lol.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

We all know MixApe, no need to say more, extra Atk EVs could be dumped, but Chansey doesnt really threats infernape at all.

100 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 507-601 (78.9 - 93.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
156 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 491-580 (147 - 173.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
156 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 330-393 (98.8 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

This is one of the premiere ou threats and is overall a solid pokemon. Bisharp is easily able to set up Swords Dance on Chansey and then proceed to decimate this core. Chansey has no means of phasing, nor does it stand a chance 1 vs. 1. Skarmory is wrecked by +2 Knock Off (even with 252hp/252def+), and the only thing it can really do is slow Bisharp down, with Whirlwind. I wish I could write more but that's pretty much all there is to it.

I guess these are relevant: +2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 530-625 (82.5 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 251-296 (75.1 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt / Brick Break
- U-turn

Neither Chansey or Skarmory are able to stomach a V-create from a Choice Banded Victini, both biting the dust (Chansey needs Stealth Rock damage or a prior U-turn or something). It is able to switch into anything Skarmory wants to do to it, although it does not like being Paralyzed by Chansey or taking Stealth Rock damage.

Happy 1K bludz n_n
252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 534-628 (83.1 - 97.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 458-540 (137.1 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Lucario can freely set up a Swords Dance in front of either member of the core, only fearing a Thunder Wave from Chansey, and can proceed to OHKO both members of the core, as well as any member in the Stall team not named Quagsire or Slowbro. If you predict a Thunder Wave from Chansey, don't set up but OHKO it with Close Combat instead.

Last edited:

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

This D rank mon is highly threatening to stall teams packing Skarm + Chansey, as it can set up a Swords Dance on Chansey and easily OHKO both after Stealth Rock damage. Watch out for Thunder Wave from Chansey, though. It even packs a supereffective move against Slowbro and can 1v1 Quag unless Scald burns.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 308-363 (92.2 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Gengar with taunt and substitute completely shuts down Chansey until it just dies from burn damage. Taunt also stops Skarmory from using roost or whirlwind. Burned Skarmory can't break a sub with iron head, brave bird does 30% but it doesn't really matter because hex is a 2HKO on max SpD anyway.

248 SpA Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 192-226 (57.4 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage

0 Atk burned Skarmory Iron Head vs. 8 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 54-64 (20.5 - 24.3%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery

0 Atk burned Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 8 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 81-96 (30.7 - 36.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Roost
Talonflame is a very threatening Pokemon for the ChanSkarm core. Both of these sets are very capable of pulling the core apart, with SD being capable of using Chansey as setup bait while also dealing heavy damage to Skarmory and the latter being able to shut down and out-stall both Chansey and Skarmory by utilising its entire moveset to wear them down.

Last edited:
Well IMO to break a defensive core like skarmchanse might not be hard,while a team may need Choice/Pivot/Cleric that leave the duo a chance to revive.
It's not quite easy to have a free switch in without affected by status moves or hazards for many wall-breakers.It will be an interesting topic.

A VoltTurn-Spam do provide the chance here.

Since the Magnezone is widely-known as a Hello-Skarmory,let's see something else.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 689-811 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 294-348 (88 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 304-359 (91 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

That was awesome.

A Crawdaunt might be easily killed,but not by SkarmChanse.

0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crawdaunt: 123-145 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO
Chansey Seismic Toss vs. 4 HP Crawdaunt: 100-100 (37.3 - 37.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And if Skarmory has Iron Head instead of Brave Bird,lol.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hoopa @ Leftovers
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest (I prefer modest vs stall for obvious reasons) Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

Hoopa absolutely roasts this core, doing a ton to skarm with shadow ball and using chansey as setup fodder. Ghost/Fighting is perfect coverage from what I can remember, so it works very well for dismantling not only skarmchans but also the stall teams that they are commonly found on with sub to dodge status, np to boost up, and perfect coverage to smack walls. Even unaware quagsire takes over half from shadow ball and unaware clef is 2hko'd after rocks by sball. You could use Hoopa-U in this slot, but it doesn't usually run boosting options, and is affected by chansey's seismic toss, so it is inferior in this role imo.

Last edited:

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head / Hidden Power Fire

Choice Band Kyurem-B just blows this out of the water. Fusion Bolt itself pretty much OHKOes SpD Skarmory, while 2HKOing the Physical Varaint. Outrage decimates Chansey easily, scoring a near OHKO on it.

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 523-616 (81.4 - 95.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 248-294 (74.2 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 328-388 (98.2 - 116.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)