Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing pokemon colosseum and I can't decide if typhlosion or entei is better here are my sets on them and I have a question on a feraligatr set as well and should I teach shadow ball to ho-oh or metagross
Typlosion: Rash I really don't like the nature can anybody think of a better one for this one
flamethrower
Focus Punch
Sunny Day
Protect and I'm not using hidden power
Entei: Modest
Calm Mind
Flamethrower
Sunny Day or Protect or Solarbeam and still not using hidden power
Feraligatr: Brave and can I use quiet?
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Earthquake if ho-oh used shadowball if not then I use Iron Tail
Iron tail or hyperbeam or I use focus Punch which then that replaces iron tail for good
Plz read everything and reply soon
What is this for? An in-game playthrough? You do realize Ho-Oh is the last thing you get in the game after... doing literally everything else?

Hi, I had a question about breeding mechanics, namely the Destiny Knot, is there a specific place I should go to for that? Or just here?
The Destiny Knot passes five different IV's from both parents to the offspring chosen at random, and it doesn't matter which parent holds it. (usually the parent that isn't holding an Everstone to pass the nature down) That's... pretty much all there is to it.

Welcome to Smogon, by the way! Next time you've a question related to the competitive scene, ask it in the SQSR thread in the Wifi sub-forum. (Orange Islands is more for the in-game stuff such as Battle Maison and spin-off games like Mystery Dungeon)

I can't remember if I caught groudon in Pokemon alpha ruby. If I fainted it earlier will it re spawn? I went ahead and beat the elite 4 again, went back to the cave of origin and found nothing-am I screwed?

I can't remember if I caught groudon in Pokemon alpha ruby. If I fainted it earlier will it re spawn? I went ahead and beat the elite 4 again, went back to the cave of origin and found nothing-am I screwed?
All legendary Pokemon accidentally (or intentionally) fainted will respawn where you found them if you defeat the Elite Four afterward. (Deoxys will be at the top of Sky Pillar) Groudon is found in the same spot it was in last time, but this time you take the newly opened path to the left to get there. If it isn't there chilling in a pool of lava, then check your PC as you probably already caught it. (I'd say check the Pokedex, but I don't know if you had touch-traded for one to get its entry and skip that part of the capture)

Hi there I have some specific questions. I haven't found answers anywhere when I searched, so there I am.

I'd like to restart my Pokemon Y game, but I'd like to keep my battle videos. So here are the questions I have:

1) Does erasing my save file also erase battle videos?(I know it's not stored in the same place, but it might still erase related content)
2) Does a new save file change the encryption of the data? ==> If the data isn't erased, would it still be readable, and would saving the data on my computer and then re-inserting it work?

I hope there is a solution to do what I want to achieve. If any of you experienced similar issues, I'd gladly listen to your advice.

Thanks in advance!

Where would the best place to go be to get the percentage chance of a certain pokemon appearing on a route, specifically in regards to Pokemon X?

For example: On route 8 Qwilfish has a 20% chance of being encountered when using the good rod etc

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Does anyone know what donating money does in pokemon super mystery dungeon? Just clicked it by accident and want to know if i should reload my save

How do I get both Charm and Seismic Toss on a Chansey?
You can't. Charm is a level 1 move on Happiny, which isn't able to get Seismic Toss as an egg move. I'd just focus on getting Seismic Toss onto Chansey, as then you don't have to deal with Happiny and trying to get Oval Stones to evolve it when you get one with better IV's than what's in the Day-Care. (that and Chansey's major Taunt bait, and is better able to cripple opponents with Toxic or Thunder Wave which it happily learns via TM)

Last edited:
Do I need to encounter a certain number of Timburr with DexNav before I can get one with its Hidden Ability, and if so, how many is that?

EDIT: Okay, I'm getting them now. If I continue to encounter Timburr, will my chance of getting one with a Hidden Ability increase, or not?

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Do I need to encounter a certain number of Timburr with DexNav before I can get one with its Hidden Ability, and if so, how many is that?

EDIT: Okay, I'm getting them now. If I continue to encounter Timburr, will my chance of getting one with a Hidden Ability increase, or not?
It will increase. Bulbapedia approximates the chances of getting a HA as 5% at search level 10, 15% at 25, 20% at 50, and 23% at search level 100.

Is there any way to reorder single items in the bag in X/Y/OR/AS (the same way you could do it via the Select button, I believe it was, in older games), rather than sorting the bag entirely?

Another question: What is the ideal party for hatching eggs now that Flame Body / Magma Armor abilities stack? Is it 3 FB/MA Pokémon + 3 eggs?

Another question: What is the ideal party for hatching eggs now that Flame Body / Magma Armor abilities stack? Is it 3 FB/MA Pokémon + 3 eggs?
Flame Body/Magma Armor don't stack, so the ideal party is 1 + 5 eggs. (Hatching Power does stack with either, however) Talonflame or Volcarona are often ideal picks since they can learn Fly to take you to the IV judge in Kiloude. (the Battle Resort in OR/AS has that infinite loop for hatching and a Day-Care for breeding if you don't care about hatching in a special location)

What would be my chances of finding the following Pokemon?:

• Shiny Kyogre, with Modest nature, with IV spread of 31/x/x/31/x/+25
  • Shiny Groudon, with Adamant nature, with IV spread of 31/31/x/x/x/+25
  • Shiny Rayquaza, with Naive or Hasty nature, with IV spread of x/31/x/31/x/31

• Shiny Mewtwo, with a Jolly nature and 25+/31/x/x/x/31 IVs
  • Non-shiny Mewtwo, Jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31

What would be my chances of finding the following Pokemon?:

• Shiny Kyogre, with Modest nature, with IV spread of 31/x/x/31/x/+25
  • Shiny Groudon, with Adamant nature, with IV spread of 31/31/x/x/x/+25
  • Shiny Rayquaza, with Naive or Hasty nature, with IV spread of x/31/x/31/x/31

• Shiny Mewtwo, with a Jolly nature and 25+/31/x/x/x/31 IVs
  • Non-shiny Mewtwo, Jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31
It all depends on your ID/SID. Depending on your ID/SID, you have a 1/8192 chance of a particular spread being shiny. As for spreads in general (which will not be shiny unless your ID/SID permits them to be), here are the first occurrences of your targets in Emerald:

Kyogre: first such spread occurs @ 3 minutes
Groudon: first such spread occurs @ 65 minutes
Rayquaza: first such spread occurs @ 88 minutes

As for the FR/LG spreads, it's hard to say, as those games cycle through different seeds and there's no Time Finder feature for them, but just going by math alone:

shiny Mewtwo: P(shiny) * P(nature) * P(HP) * P(Atk) * P(Spd) = (1/8192) * (1/25) * (7/32) * (1/32) * (1/32) = 7/6710886400
non-shiny Mewtwo: P(nature) * P(HP) * P(Atk) * P(Def) * P(SpD) * P(Spe) = (1/25) * (1/32) * (1/32) * (1/32) * (1/32) * (1/32) = 1/838860800

==============================================================================================

2 questions of my own: If I want a Pokémon to win all Master Rank contests in R/S/E, is a neutral nature best for Pokéblock purposes, or is it entirely doable with any nature? Also, are ribbons from gen 3 carried over all the way to gen 6, or are they lost somewhere along the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)