UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requesting a balance team build around Jellicent + Kyurem

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power/Iron Head
- Roost
Kyurem with Jellicent can simply destroy fat balance with ez bc lo kyurem is one of the best wallbreaker in der tier and with jelli it has simply no swich-ins lol
I dont wanna write a huge text bc the core is pretty simple :]

The set are pretty standard but the builder can freely change the sets
sry 4 bad english btw ;-;

I just want 2 know if I could request a other core because no one wants 2 build around this :[

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Ok so I'm gonna close my request of Escavalier + NP Croak and request another mon.

I would like to request an offensive team made around Venomoth. Venomoth is a pretty cool sweeper thanks to Tinted Lens Quiver Dance meaning it can break through resisted mons. I've been meaning to build around Moth, but I just can't get that good of a team around it! Thanks!

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute / Roost

OR

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder

I don't mind whatever set you pick, I just want a Moth team.

Reactions: nv
Hi guys n_n
Requesting a balanced hazard stacking team around Sableye + Suicune

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I chose these mons as a core due to both of them being able to take advantage of hazards by Sableye spin blocking and shutting down defog and suicune phazing with roar. Suicune also switches into fire type attackers which usually are the only offensive pokes that can take advantage of Sableye. The combination of these two is also really annoying for offensive teams to face due to bulky phazing and priority Will-o-wisp. The spreads I created here have speed to creep common spreads of themselves that I've seen.

I've already built a team with this core and concept (with amazing color coordination nonetheless) tbh but I'd like the builders' insight in order to make some improvements upon the idea as well, may even scrap it altogether for a superior team. Have fun and thanks in advance! :]
Suppose I should close my request here seeing as the team I built I posted as an rmt and turned out very nice :3

Would be really nice if someone could build an offensive team around craw+mega shark. I am aware that kreme already postet a waterspam team here and I understand if my request gets declined because of that. Nevertheless I would be really thankfull to see a different variant of executing this concept, but without gatr.
Sets:
Crawdaunt@Life orb
Nature: Adamant
252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Crabhammer
-Knock off
-Aqua jet
-Swords dance

Mega shark
Nature: Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Protect
-Ice fang/Destiny bond

Sets are up to the builder ofc and can be changed to w/e suits the team. Sry for wasting your time
:]

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok I am doing my hiatus post for this now because I want to make sure it gets done. This Lab is going to be (CLOSED) until I get back to give the builders time to catch up on all the requests we have. This means no requests shall be taken during this time. To avoid any confusion, I am tagging King UU and dodmen to lock this up and also use this post to welcome Do A Bibarel and Manipulative to the builder squad! They have been solid contributors in UU overall and I am looking forward to seeing what kind of teams they can build.

I was wondering if there is a way to lock this thread to allow only certain users to post so that way builders can post out teams. If not, I would hope you guys can post out the teams that builders make so as to keep this thread's activity going rather than having a team dump once it is unlocked after my hiatus is up lol.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
LeoLancaster

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Moonblast

You have been waiting to long for a Hoopa team so at long last, here you go. I didn't build this for you specifically (already made this before I became a builder) but it fit your criteria, so here you go! It features 3 wincons in TR Hoopa, RD MegaPert, and SD Cobalion backed by T-Spikes and wallbreaking support from Mamo and Draglage. A cool thing I like about this team is that Hoopa can set up TR for Swampert if you find that you cannot set up Rain Dance to sweep, and even Dragalge can sweep with it up. Anyway, the team started out with RD Pert + Dragalge as a starting offensive core, and then Cobalion was added for Rocks + so many resists. Whimsicott was added as a secondary check to Suicune, nice speed tier to revenge things like Azelf, and Fairy typing. Its just such a good mon for Offense lol. Reuniclus and Cress were big threats, and I wanted a way to punish choiced Fighting types for clicking their STAB (mainly Shao), so I aded TR Hoopa. You can set up TR whenever they click their fighting STAB if choiced, and it easily switches into non SB Reunicllus. Its special bulk also lets it check a plethora of special threats like Sceptile, Nidos, and Special Mence. Lastly, Mamo was added as a general breaker since it's broken + Ice priority to check Flying types which were a big threat and Dragons. My RMT goes into more depth if you want to check that out. Here are some replays (only ones I can find):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-305149244
Hoopa's TR comes in handy to let Swampert clean, since it cannot set up RD on Shaymin.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-304440225
Winning vs pif stall

BrandonBeast

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Vacuum Wave
- Dark Pulse

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

You withdrew this core but I am still gonna post this anyway because I had a team featuring these two mons and you deserve a team. The first thing I noticed is the cores awful weakness to all Fire types, and Croak was easily revenged by Beedrill, Aero, Crobat, and other Flying types that Escav couldn't switch in to. So, I added Diancie to resist Fire + Flying and check Dragons, and NP Croak has some decent synergy with it since can lure Doublade and handle Cobalion, which both bother Diancie. HP Fire was my 4th moveslot of choice on Diancie to fuck up Forretress so it cannot spin your rocks. Next up I wanted another Fire resist since you need more than one to support this core, and I noticed I lacked a Ground to block VoltTurn and a bad weakness to the Nidos, Mega Stoise, Mega Amph, and Chandelure. I decided to add SpD Curse Mega Swampert to alleviate all these weaknesses and sort of be self sustaining due to Rest. Also it checks M-Aero and you can never have too many Aero checks. Next up was PhysDef Umby to blanket check all non Fighting physical attackers, prove Wish support to Diancie and Escav, Heal Bell to wake up Pert, and Umbreon is just awesome in general. Last member is good ol' FatMece since Fighting types were scary + defog + yet another Fire resist lol. You wanted a balance team but its a bit semi-stallish, so I hope you don't mind. I enjoy using this team a lot, so I hope you do too! Here is one replay (I should save more):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-310707183

Yo, hows it going guys? :)
Im just writing because I made the following post in this thread a while back now -
"Hey guys, hope youre well.
Requesting a team built around the terror that is Crawdaunt. The only condition is that I dont want it to be the Swords Dance set, either Dragon Dance behind Dual Screens or Life Orb/Band on a Trick Room team.
Looking forward to see what you create :)"

And you replied with the following;
Sadly since Crawdaunt is currently being retested, the builders and I will not be building teams with it unless it stays in UU as if we were to build any teams and it happens to stay in BL, then those teams are effectively a waste of our time. You may, however, request something different :)

Whilst I completely understand why you wouldn't build the team at the time, please could I request that the builders go ahead with this request now Craw is unbanned, because I havent been added to the queue of teams to build, which is unfair considering my request was made before some of the current ones were undertaken.

Thank you, Peace,
BanScald

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
I already gave LordOfBays his Meloetta team, so I'll just post the result without tagging him and for others to use.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

I started out, obviously, with your Meloetta, Krook, and M-Doom (replaced Beedrill) core. I know you wanted an offensive team, but after testing, the original core loses to too many offensive threats that it made it really hard to :[. Immediate threats that came to mind were Mega Beedril, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Sharpedo, ScrafShao, Crawdaunt, Mega Pert, Feraligatr, Hydreigon, and Scald (fuuuuck Scald). So, I added CroCune + Whimsicott which checks almost all of the offensive threats as well as providing another wincon and burn spreader to help vs Offense teams (seriously fuck scald lol). Crobat was the final partner to act as a glue mon, providing Ground immunity, keeps Beedrill from tearing the team apart, Fighting check, Defog, and its beautiful speed tier lets us revenge things like Coba, Houndoom, Azelf etc.

Now for some descriptions on the sets. Suicune is pretty much standard CroCune. Not much to explain. Whims has enough speed to outspeed Mence while the rest of her EVs are put into bulk to better check the aforementioned offensive Waters and Hydreigon. I previously put Stun Spore on Whims to cripple Doom's revenge killers like Bee and Aero, but then Shiba's RoarCune slayed everything so Giga Drain was put on. I took the Crobat set from dodmen's "All Falls Down" RMT because I love it and always spam that same set lol. Basically the spread + Sky pl8 lets you OHKO Machamp (fuck that thing) and Shaymin after rocks. Max Speed Bat bc it is silly to creep stuff like Adamant Bee and not invest an extra 12 EVs to outspeed other Bats (also you tie base Aero to emergency defog if need be). Lastly, I tweaked the Meloetta set to creep Entei.

Other options:

1. U-Turn > Taunt on Bat to bring in Doomer safely since Bat lures in Steels. I prefer Taunt, though, to beat CM Florges and to help wear down bulky mons and even deny rocks from things like Pert and Emp.
  2. Offensive Whims > Defensive Whims with Pixie Plate/Yache Berry over Lefties. It is up to your preference tbh, since you said you wanted an offensive team. I just prefer the extra bulk to check the threats longer and give me more time to sweep with Doom/Melo
  3. Ice Beam or Roar > CM on Suicune. Ice beam helps nail Dragons which can be a pain since they can nail Whims with Fire Blast, HP Fire (Sceptile), or Sludge Wave. Roar gives a secondary check to Gatr/Pedo since fishing for Burns is really not a good way to stop them. However, Cune becomes a lot more passive and I found myself wishing I had CM when I tested Roar/Ice Beam when up against Umby, Empoleon, Florges etc.
  4. Protect > Taunt on Houndoom. I used to run Protect but it really sucks to be forced out by things like P2 and Alomo which you can easily beat with Doom without their status move. Also stops stuff like lead Forry and denies Recovery to bulkmons.
Some replays:
Overall, I really like SubCM Meloetta. It has a nice surprise factor since people don't know what it's running and it can set up on a bunch of weak special attackers like non-Roar Cune, defensive Zapdos, Florges, P2, and more. The speed it provides is also clutch so stuff like Crawdaunt and Mamo can't revenge you unlike Reuniclus. I hope you enjoy the team!

Sleepless

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Recover

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Sacred Sword
- Volt Switch

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Entei @ Flame Plate
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flame Charge

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 28 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical as to how effective this would be wince SD + BP takes away either Absol's priority or a coverage move, but I actually really like the result! So I started out thinking what would benefit from Absol's presence, excluding the BP boosts. I immediately thought of Reuniclus, since Absol dumpsters any Sableye set ever which walls Reuni. Reuni also appreciates a Knock Off and U-Turn sponge so Utility Cobalion was the next partner, giving Rocks, checking everything and a half, T-Wave support, and gains momentum with Volt Switch. Volt Switch chips away at Doublade too which can eventually lead to Reuniclus winning for you. Now, something had to receive that SD boost from Absol. Well, what walls M-Absol? I chose Superpower as my fourth move on Absol since Iron Tail is unreliable, and Play Rough is meh. So, Fairies would stop a +2 Absol easily, as well as Chesnaught, Aggron (kinda), Forretress, and other stuff I am missing. What beats these? Entei! Getting locked in a move with Entei at +2 would suck though, so Flame Plate was added to bluff Band early game and allow me to switch between Fire STAB and Espeed to avoid being revenged by faster threats. I also chose Flame Charge > Flare Blitz to get that sweet sweet Speed boost to clean teams that have a revenge killer that does not care for Espeed (Scarf Chandy, Luc, Coba, Aero). Zapdos was the 5th member to give Defog + Ground immunity + Flying resist cause Bat was looking scary to face. Tbolt is for power and not being forced out vs Waters like Cune and CM Slowking but I guess you can run Volt Switch. HP Ice is to hit Hydreigon, the Nidos, and Sceptile which all can be scary. Last slow was RestTalk RoarPert lol. Before you say "why tf would I use this over Suicune you suck," I really wanted that Electric immunity. Otherwise, you will have to deal with annoying Zapdos, Rotom-H, and Ampharos Volt Switching all day on you which I did not want. Rock resist is also useful for the rare Tytrantrum. Since Coba gave Rocks, I had a free moveslot at my disposal so I added RestTalk to keep Pert for a while and bide time for a sweep with Reuni, Absol, or Entei.

Last note: Eball > Focus Blast on Reuniclus because Mega Pert is a HUGE threat otherwise. You also avoid RoarCune blocking you from sweeping which is always nice :]

Now for replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-314762453 Absolutely TOSSING Shiba. Eball Reuniclus cripples Suicune early game, and after it dies, I BP into Entei to win.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-314461908 After Suicune is forced to Rest, a BP into Entei allows it to clean since it is able to 3HKO it.

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so had a lot of free time so here's some shit:

Ninjacalibur

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Aerial Ace
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

Donphan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Tri Attack

Built around thy Crawdaunt + Roserade core and it basically ended up being P2 offense with hazard stacking to eventually try to get a Mence / Coba sweep going. HP Fire Rose cos Forry hard stops Mence and smacking it + other Steels is always cool. SR + SD Cobalion for the role compression mostly since I didn't want my next 'mon to try to do too much at once but it's a decent sweeper with just dual STABs anyhow. I then wanted a Ground-type to not be too weak to VoltTurn and still needed hazard removal that preferably wasn't Defog to retain my hazards, so went with Donphan and decided to go full low ladder and slap an AV on it to somewhat be able to check quite a bit that usually feels comfortable smacking Donphan, like Zapdos. Then wanted another wincon that basically wasn't complete ass vs the likes of Entei so Mence fit the bill. Lastly needed some catch so I wasn't too weak to a lot of things like opposing Mence so I added in P2 w/ Foul Play so Doublade can't get completely free turns on this.

BrandonBeast

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough

So I was actually really intrigued by this request because I've not seen Veno much on ladder, even when there was some discussion it previously and I'd always wanted to try it out. Thankfully, the end result was up to par (more or less). Decided to use LO 2 Atks with Sleep Powder since Tinted Lens made me feel comfortable enough to not need coverage and Sleep Powder allowed for good setup opportunities, as well as just generally putting a 'mon out of the game. I wanted it to be able to have ample support to ensure Rocks couldn't be an issue, as well as trying to get some healing support in so I decided to follow up with HW Shaymin and MegaToise. Shaymin's a Scarf variant so stuff like Dragon Dance Gatr doesn't become too much of an issue. Toise has enough Speed to creep Jolly Crawdaunt so it can't use Blastoise as a free turn to smack something. I then wanted Rocks and a good check for Mence + a breaker so I went for adding in Mamoswine. I then added in Hydreigon for yet another breaker + decent defensive utility which allowed me to have a Ground immunity, and some other stuff. Lastly I wanted to ensure Draco spam couldn't fuck me over and wanted a secondary win condition so I added in Slurpuff, since it benefits from the other members nicely.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hello Builders! LittleRunnerXC here and this a little unusual because I usually build my own teams, but I wanted to see what u guys could come up with here. This is an idea I have had for a while now, and have tested it, but havent had the best success because of the teammates. However, I do see the potential of this core. I am going to request a build of Dugtrio+Mega-Abomasnow. Here are the sets =)

Thanks Aboma (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Thugtrio (Dugtrio) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Memento

These are the sets I have been trying out, and I think they could work very well together. Mega-Abomasnow is kind of overlooked now with its drop to RU, but It is still very good, as it can wall a lot of electric type counters to Gyarados(bar Zapdos heat wave), and take out a lot of fat waters as well. The set on Mega-Abomasnow can be changed, like to its mixed attacker set if you please, but I feel like it can work as a wincon. Dugtrio is here because rn, I am having a lot of fun with Dugtrio. It can trap many threats to Abomasnow, and can take out a lot of types that Mega-Abomasnow has trouble against, such as Fire, Poison, and Steel. Dugtrio also has a very high base speed, and can set up memento for easier set up on Mega-Abomasnow. I could also see Memento used to support other set up mons, such as Chandelure or Coballion. Anyway, I hope one of you can make a great team with this, as I have been struggling to build around this.

Thank you very much!

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
PocketTrigger
Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect
- U-turn

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore / Giga Drain / Leech Seed
- Encore
- U-turn

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Started off with the given core in Beedrill + Dugtrio. I threw in Forretress because I knew that role compression would probably play a big part here, as I was already down 2 slots and wanted this team to be effective. Forretress also provides some sort of defensive presence, momentum through Volt Switch, and checks Aero/Bee so it fit on the team pretty well. I added Slowking as it deals with the majority of Beedrill switch ins, provides me with a wincon, was a fire/fighting check, and a soft water check. Whims because I needed a draco switch and because its good at stopping setup sweepers + being another soft water check. Stun Spore is nice to be able to cripple fast threats for the rest of the team. Lastly, I wanted a setup sweeper and wincon. I also wanted priority since I'm not running a scarfer here. In came Lucario, who is a devastating SD sweeper and could definitely take advantage of the Memento support.

A great alternative could be Mamoswine > Dugtrio which honestly fits on the team much better. We're sort of weak to Salamence otherwise, only have one priority user, and Mamo is just so good in general. Dugtrio isn't really doing it's job because it can't take a hit from anything and isn't really KOing much of what it traps before being KOed itself.

Darkai34
Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Memento

Tornadus @ Chesto Berry
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

This was a really fun core to start with, I must say. I always wanted to try making a Bulk Up Tornadus team but never got to it, so I was excited when I saw this request :). Anyways, half of the team was already done at that moment. I wanted hazard control and not to get destroyed by Crawdaunt, so I chose the two mons that followed: Cobalion and Salamence. Cobalion allows me to switch into specifically Scarfed Hydreigon a couple of times (If it's not scarfed, the rest of the team deals with it really well) and gives me another potential wincon. Salamence takes the pressure off of Chandy as my fire/fighting check and gives me another special attacker. I then wanted to fill the final slot with a Mega since I didn't have one yet. I wanted something with both power and priority as well. Mega Absol is a really underrated Mega and has gotten better with a lot of the recent drops, so I decided to feature it on this team :). It also gives me a third wincon.

Mega Aboma also plays a similar role as the last slot. It helps more against waters, though the team doesn't seem like it would struggle against them with all the power/set up and Trick/Knock Off. Aboma would make match ups against scarf Hydrei easier, but what bothers me about it is Sableye becoming a problem and that's mainly why I chose Absol. Magic Bounce is a really good ability, and that extra hazard control seems neat as well.

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse

Been wanting to get back into UU with me being away for a good 10+ months and if possible, I'd like to request a balanced team built around Double Dance Porygon-Z. I feel it has solid potential as a wallbreaker or as a sweeper despite how frail it is. Volt-turn can be used if its deemed to be best for it and thanks in advance.

Just checking the progress of my request for a team built around Crawdaunt in Trick Room. Ignore the option for Dragon Dance behind screens because Gyarados is superior at that.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Really good work you guys are doing here.

Anyway, a combination of new drops + me losing all my teams with no backup (rip) caused me to fall a bit behind the uu tier, so I'm hoping a team around Mega Absol can get me back on my feet

M-Absol @ Absolite
Ability:Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe/ 4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower/Iron Tail/Fireblast

Thanks in advance!

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PocketTrigger
Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect
- U-turn

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Started off with the given core in Beedrill + Dugtrio. I threw in Forretress because I knew that role compression would probably play a big part here, as I was already down 2 slots and wanted this team to be effective. Forretress also provides some sort of defensive presence, momentum through Volt Switch, and checks Aero/Bee so it fit on the team pretty well. I added Slowking as it deals with the majority of Beedrill switch ins, provides me with a wincon, was a fire/fighting check, and a soft water check. Whims because I needed a draco switch and because its good at stopping setup sweepers + being another soft water check. Stun Spore is nice to be able to cripple fast threats for the rest of the team. Lastly, I wanted a setup sweeper and wincon. I also wanted priority since I'm not running a scarfer here. In came Lucario, who is a devastating SD sweeper and could definitely take advantage of the Memento support.

A great alternative could be Mamoswine > Dugtrio which honestly fits on the team much better. We're sort of weak to Salamence otherwise, only have one priority user, and Mamo is just so good in general. Dugtrio isn't really doing it's job because it can't take a hit from anything and isn't really KOing much of what it traps before being KOed itself.

this team looks awfully weak to crawdaunt and well just water / dark coverage in general. Whimsicott isnt gonna be hard to whittle especially because it literally is your only answer. Wouldn't SR Coba > Luke and Zappy > Forre be better? Also giving whimsicott a way to handle waters would probs be better imo like giga drain or smth. Could be wrong and if I am say so but this was just something that was bothering me.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Really good work you guys are doing here.

Anyway, a combination of new drops + me losing all my teams with no backup (rip) caused me to fall a bit behind the uu tier, so I'm hoping a team around Mega Absol can get me back on my feet

M-Absol @ Absolite
Ability:Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe/ 4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower/Iron Tail/Fireblast

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for your post. Luckily for you there are already some Mega Absol teams in the UU Archive here such as Kreme's team for PlatinumBlad3, Manipulative's team for Darkai34, and Do A Bibarel's team for Sleepless. You may however put in a different request if you so choose to seeing as yours has already been "fulfilled" :)

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Ah okay, thanks for the heads up NV, then I'll try and ask for something a bit less commonly requested. Which is fast tenta! This thing catches so many people off guard, and hopefully no one has asked for it yet haha.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Here is the set: Quick clutch rapid spins, gets KOs on Rotom-Mow like no ones business, lots of fun to use.

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
this team looks awfully weak to crawdaunt and well just water / dark coverage in general. Whimsicott isnt gonna be hard to whittle especially because it literally is your only answer. Wouldn't SR Coba > Luke and Zappy > Forre be better? Also giving whimsicott a way to handle waters would probs be better imo like giga drain or smth. Could be wrong and if I am say so but this was just something that was bothering me.
What is important to have on a team is things that could revenge kill Crawdaunt. The team currently has two in Whimsicott + Luc, as well as Forretress to take a hit and slowly pivot out of it while dealing considerable damage. Going SR Coba + Zap over Luc and Forre has both its upsides and downsides. You'll have a better match up versus Water/Dark. Off the top of my head, Drill Run Beedrill will be a lot more scary (Shuca on Coba could help at the expense of lefties, and is also limited to one ground attack) and you lose your only reliable priority, which was one of the main reasons I chose Luc to begin with. As for Whimsicott, I went with stun spore because crippling faster threats (such as Sharpedo) and making match ups versus offense sounded more appealing to me than putting a bit more pressure on bulky waters. I felt that the team put a good amount of pressure on those to begin with so I went with Stun Spore. Giga Drain is also an option though if the user feels like he is struggling with bulky waters so I'll put a slash for it right now, thanks :).

Keep in mind that the teams posted on this thread are just first drafts and the user could edit them as he sees fit. I could see where you're coming from and Coba/Zappy make some decent alternatives, but I'll leave that to whoever is using this team to consider. I personally prefer Luc and Forre though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)