Jamaal Charles
Dion Lewis
Arian Foster
Marshawn Lynch
LeSean McCoy
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson
Mark Ingram

I'm probably missing some, but all of these players probably would have been 1,000 yard rushers if it hadn't been for missing significant time due to injury. If you assume they all make it, that gives you 17 vs the 26 WRs, which although still less is far smaller a gap. It is easier to get 1,000 yards receiving than rushing by a little, so I don't think this year is so much historically good for WRs as it is historically bad for RBs. In 2014 there were 23 players who broke 1,000 yard receiving, so it's not that significant a jump.
Two for Seattle with Thomas Rawls.

So what are people's thoughts about the possible rise of the old bottom teams next season? I sure we all think Raiders and Buccs are prospects.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
packers, seahawks, chiefs, steelers

patriots, steelers, packers, seahawks

steelers, packers

packers

you guys quit shitting up this lovely thread and go to killah's ACTUAL THREAD FOR YOUR SHITTY PREDICTIONS DEVOID OF GLORIOUS STEELERS CHAMPIONSHIPS

and let's instead talk about how the browns are always going to be the browns

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There's actually a pretty simple answer to this, and I'll list it here:

Le'Veon Bell
Justin Forsett
Jamaal Charles
Dion Lewis
Arian Foster
Marshawn Lynch
LeSean McCoy
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson
Mark Ingram

I'm probably missing some, but all of these players probably would have been 1,000 yard rushers if it hadn't been for missing significant time due to injury. If you assume they all make it, that gives you 17 vs the 26 WRs, which although still less is far smaller a gap. It is easier to get 1,000 yards receiving than rushing by a little, so I don't think this year is so much historically good for WRs as it is historically bad for RBs. In 2014 there were 23 players who broke 1,000 yard receiving, so it's not that significant a jump.
Eddie Lacy if he didn't get fat

Has anyone else noticed how there are 26 receivers with 1000+ yards but only 7 players with 1000+ rushing yards? This year is as historic for receivers as 2011 was for qbs. The difference in production is incredible and can't remember the last time it's been so lopsided.
Does this include Tight Ends?
There's actually a pretty simple answer to this, and I'll list it here:

Le'Veon Bell
Justin Forsett
Jamaal Charles
Dion Lewis
Arian Foster
Marshawn Lynch
LeSean McCoy
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson
Mark Ingram

And Jonathan Stewart, finished with 989 while missing three games. DeAngelo Williams, Chris Johnson and Thomas Rawls probably could've if they weren't injured and Frank Gore got close too. Demarco Murray could've if they fired Chip earlier.

I like this year's NFC playoffs much more than the AFC's. I think it's more competitive (and more stacked, even the Redskins) and when Cards/Hawks/Panthers face each other they will be very close. Whichever one of them wins the NFC Championship game will win the SB.

Last edited:

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Guys. GUYS. You can't include both Marshawn Lynch AND Thomas Rawls on that list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rt-bills-owner-gives-ultimatum-to-ryan-whaley

this shit is pathetic tbh

like, is the alternative (hire a new coach, resculpt the roster to fit schemes, etc) better than giving your coach more than two seasons, 32 games to be successful? especially when the team performed respectably all year and finished .500? that team would have won the AFC south. jesus. maybe i'm just spoiled/optimistic as a steelers fan. not that firing a coach/gm after a season or two is always a bad idea (see dolphins this year, browns every other year) but man...

also the jets and bills are the only teams to net positive points and not make the playoffs

Last edited:
Indy extends Pagano and Grigson through 2019. I thought those two were both dead men walking for the last few weeks, Pagano especially. Seems like a rather quick 180 to turn around and give them both extensions.
Well an extension to Grigson's contract means no playoffs for a while until he has a good draft. Irsay is a fucking idiot for keeping both but I digress

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chuck Pagano isn't a bad coach, I wouldn't write him off just yet. Grigson may not be the best, but Irsay is trying to maintain consistency and stability in the organization by not putting it through a coaching/GM carousel like other worse franchises. Give it some time, it takes longer than you think to truly build a great foundation for success. Unfortunately, the amount of time it takes is longer than 99% of fans feel like waiting so most owners will cave to the pressure to keep selling tickets. It's a shame, really, we live in a much less forgiving and patient culture than we did 50 years ago, and you have to produce results almost immediately these days to not get fired.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There are rumors that Josh McDaniels will be our first choice if Caldwell is fired and I am so angry I want to projectile vomit on my laptop screen. I don't know what GM school teaches you that Josh Fucking McDaniels, massive failure in Denver who lost the locker room faster than you can say "Start Tebow", is a better coach than Jim Caldwell (who at least is pretty average). Ugh I don't even like Jim Caldwell but the Lions can win with him because he might have literally the best coordinators in the NFL right now I don't even want to know what bumbling squad of failure McDaniels will bring in.

McDaniels is an above average OC but it's kind of hard not to be when you work for Belichick and the extent of your responsibility is deciding which backup guard to use during the victory formation.

Meanwhile Caldwell went 11-5 in his first year and turned a 1-7 start into a 6-2 finish his second year. While it's awful that he held on to Joe "Green Bay Packers Sleeper Agent" Lombardi and 90-year-old Martha Fucking Ford had to fire him, Caldwell somehow kept the locker room and stumbled into JIM BOB COOTER, OC EXTRAORDINAIRE and the team looked like a playoff team for the second half of the season. As shitty as that sounds it shouldn't be bad enough to get a coach with a winning record fired after 2 seasons. Give Caldwell one more year and if he bumblefucks around just can him after 2016 when you don't have to start the coaching search 2 weeks later than everyone else and scrounge the bottom of the coaching barrel.

Last edited:
I don't know what GM school teaches you that Josh Fucking McDaniels is a better coach than Jim Caldwell
Well Bob Quinn was with the patriots for the better of the last 2 decades so its not a surprise that the lions would target McDaniels.

Mcdaniels is also one of the best (if not the best) offensive minds in the league, the Patriots postseason run last year more than proves that.

But I don't know if he'd go to Detroit considering their ownership situation, and the fact that hes in no hurry to get a Head coaching job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)