Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Youngster Joey44 if you can let me know what pokemon you have already and what restrictions you have for challenge givers, I'll write one up for you shortly.

PokeguyNXB What level of difficulty are you looking for? Let me know, and I'll put something together for you as well.

If I've missed anyone looking for pokemon, let me know what you have so far and any restrictions, and I'll see if I can do something for you as well.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
PokeguyNXB here's another mon.

Take Spaghetti Code the Tangela. (Shorten the name however you want.)
  • Grass moves and Ancient Power only.
  • For all type calculations involving Spaghetti Code, treat the Grass type as if it were the Bug type instead. This includes your Grass moves and typing, as well as any Grass-type opponents' typing.
  • Solo all three Cyrus battles. After the battle in Team Galactic HQ, you may evolve into Tangrowth.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it.
Accepted

Team So Far:
CookiLover - Psyduck
UPOS - Pachirisu
Chuck - Bidoof
Spaghetti Code - Tangela
2 more needed

user 18 - Not exactly sure, the difficulty of what I have so far seems to be quite varied... gimme something moderately difficult

Youngster Joey44 if you can let me know what pokemon you have already and what restrictions you have for challenge givers, I'll write one up for you shortly.

PokeguyNXB What level of difficulty are you looking for? Let me know, and I'll put something together for you as well.

If I've missed anyone looking for pokemon, let me know what you have so far and any restrictions, and I'll see if I can do something for you as well.
I'm doing a moderately hard X Scramble. Here's the Pokemon:

I hate you (Scatterbug)
May only battle lower leveled pokes
Must use string shot until opponent either has lowered speed or is slower than itself, whichever comes last
Never forget String Shot
Learn and keep Powder
Learn and keep Frustration
When fighting a Fire-type, only use String Shot and Powder
Must solo every other Team Flare grunt + Lysandre + one Team Flare higher-up
Must lead against Malva, no switching or items
Never learn Return

Cursed (Honedge)
Evolve into Doublade ASAP
As Doublade, may not enter battle
Must take part in Xerneas fight, must not switch out unless fainted
Evolve to Aegislash after Xerneas fight
Box Aegislash once evolved
Xerneas takes its place on the team and can only use Fairy-type moves
Upon reaching Pokemon League, two choices:
-Put Cursed on the team with no restrictions
-Keep Xerneas on the team, but can only use Fairy-type moves

CoffeCoffe (Sentret)
Must have a Special Defense-boosting nature
Must only hold the following items:
Ganlon Berry
Petaya Berry
Durin Berry
Rawst Berry
Aguav Berry
Nanab Berry
Pomeg Berry
Hondew Berry
Magost Berry
Rabuta Berry
Watmel Berry
Must use ten of these berries to evolve (duplicates can be used)
Must solo every Team Flare Admin not already being soloed by I hate you.

PokeguyNXB, take a shinx. This shinx must be caught on Route 202, you may not progress past this route until shinx has been caught. You must catch the first shinx you encounter, and must use the first shinx you catch.

Shinx believes it is the most powerful pokemon in your party. It must learn and keep every move it can learn with “Power” in the name (Hidden Power, Secret Power) as soon as you get the TM.

For any moveslots not currently filled with Hidden Power or Secret Power, you may attempt to learn any move by level-up or by TM/HM. However, any move you want to replace may only replace your move with the lowest base power. If the move you are attempting to learn has no base power, or has lower base power than the currently known move with lowest base power, Shinx cannot learn it.

Shinx, believing it is better than your other pokemon, may never lead your party. It may only switch in when one of your other pokemon has taken damage from a super effective move earlier in the battle.

Shinx wants to take advantage of its ability to lower the stats of opponents. It must always know at least two moves whose only effect is to lower stats, and one damaging move that has a (potential) secondary effect of lowering stats. The fourth move is up to you, but it must get STAB.

Shinx must always lead your party when it is able to, so that it can get early intimidate bonuses on all opponents. Whenever you switch out a party pokemon other than Shinx, you must switch in Shinx, in order to get the intimidate bonus again.

Youngster Joey44, take a Zigzagoon. This pokemon is your loyal companion, and wants to ensure that you stay safe in your travels. If Zigzagoon is ever knocked out, you must revive it immediately, either by using an item or by backtracking to a pokemon center. Zigzagoon must always take part in all battles against wild pokemon after it is caught, although it need not attack.

Zigzagoon must learn and keep Return ASAP. It has no restrictions on its other moves, other than that all four of its moves must be different types ASAP.

Zigzagoon must solo one gym of your choice (all trainers and the leader), and one pokemon from each E4 member, and the champion, unless this conflicts with other solos.

PokeguyNXB, take a shinx. This shinx must be caught on Route 202, you may not progress past this route until shinx has been caught. You must catch the first shinx you encounter, and must use the first shinx you catch.

Shinx believes it is the most powerful pokemon in your party. It must learn and keep every move it can learn with “Power” in the name (Hidden Power, Secret Power) as soon as you get the TM.

For any moveslots not currently filled with Hidden Power or Secret Power, you may attempt to learn any move by level-up or by TM/HM. However, any move you want to replace may only replace your move with the lowest base power. If the move you are attempting to learn has no base power, or has lower base power than the currently known move with lowest base power, Shinx cannot learn it.

Shinx, believing it is better than your other pokemon, may never lead your party. It may only switch in when one of your other pokemon has taken damage from a super effective move earlier in the battle.

Shinx wants to take advantage of its ability to lower the stats of opponents. It must always know at least two moves whose only effect is to lower stats, and one damaging move that has a (potential) secondary effect of lowering stats. The fourth move is up to you, but it must get STAB.

Shinx must always lead your party when it is able to, so that it can get early intimidate bonuses on all opponents. Whenever you switch out a party pokemon other than Shinx, you must switch in Shinx, in order to get the intimidate bonus again.

Youngster Joey44, take a Zigzagoon. This pokemon is your loyal companion, and wants to ensure that you stay safe in your travels. If Zigzagoon is ever knocked out, you must revive it immediately, either by using an item or by backtracking to a pokemon center. Zigzagoon must always take part in all battles against wild pokemon after it is caught, although it need not attack.

Zigzagoon must learn and keep Return ASAP. It has no restrictions on its other moves, other than that all four of its moves must be different types ASAP.

Zigzagoon must solo one gym of your choice (all trainers and the leader), and one pokemon from each E4 member, and the champion, unless this conflicts with other solos.
I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to decline this one. I'd prefer to have some later-game mons, since all mine except Honedge are early-game scrubs. I'm okay with the challenge, I'd just prefer a different Pokemon.
Thanks for understanding!

I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to decline this one. I'd prefer to have some later-game mons, since all mine except Honedge are early-game scrubs. I'm okay with the challenge, I'd just prefer a different Pokemon.
Thanks for understanding!
No problem. I'm fine with writing up another challenge, but I don't really know how X progresses, and I don't want to give you something that's too late in the game.

You could do the same challenge with a Mightyena if that works. Otherwise, give me a couple of areas where you can catch pokemon in X midgame, and I'll write something else up.

Hello everyone! Looking for a scramble for Pokemon X, medium to hard difficulty, and a starter does not need to be included. :D Hoping to include at least one or two early games, and the rest mid to late game.

Basic:
Medium-Hard Difficulty
Pokemon X
Starter Not Required
Trading is Allowed

Accepted 'Mons: 3/6

Fuzzy the Mareep
HelenTheHero take Fuzzy the Mareep.

Fuzzy is an incredibly fuzzy Mareep and wants to share its fuzziness with the world. Keep Cotton Spore and use it on every enemy you fight before attacking, and evolve into Flaafy when you have used Cotton Spore on 5 different species. In addition, solo Ramos because he has an extremely fuzzy Jumpluff and Gogoat. After soloing Ramos, you may evolve into Ampharos.

As an Ampharos, Fuzzy suddenly realizes something: they have lost all of their fuzziness with evolution! Fuzzy is devastated and decides to go on a quest to regain their fuzziness. Since Team Flare are thieves, they are clearly the ones who stole the precious fluffiness! Solo three Team Flare Scientist fights after Ramos to regain your fuzziness, and solo one of the Lysandre fights to finish it off (you can solo Lysandre #1 and then Xerosic; it doesn't have to be scientists -> Lysandre). Fuzzy's assault on Team Flare regains their fuzziness in the form of a fuzzy Mega Evolution; go back and get the Ampharosite from Azure Bay at this point. However, an important restriction is that you may not Mega Evolve Fuzzy until their opponent has been Cotton Spored.

Naturally, Fuzzy is the only Mega Evolution you may ever use.

Zangoose
HelenTheHero take a shiny Zangoose - specifically the shiny Zangoose from this post. (Yes, that means I'm trading you a shiny for your Scramble.)

This challenge, like Fuzzy's, is based on Team Flare.
  • In every zone where Team Flare Grunts show up, solo at least three of them. If there are fewer than three in the zone, solo all of them.
  • Solo the Lysandre fights that aren't already being soloed by Fuzzy.
  • Do NOT use Zangoose in the Xerneas fight.
  • If you're doing the post-game Looker quests, solo Xerosic there.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it!

Bob the Azurill
HelenTheHero Take Bob the Azurill, to be captured the first time you visit Route 3 and no later. This peculiar little Azurill always feels the need to Splash when it is sent out of its Poké Ball, and also when a Water-type is sent out against it. It also likes water quite a lot, so it must keep at least two Water-type moves at all times. (These moves do not necessarily have to be offensive.) While it is not restricted in when it can evolve into Marill, it cannot evolve into Azumarill until it solos 5 Luvdisc. Why Luvdisc specifically? Well, Luvdisc learns Splash by level-up and can be found with the Old Rod (which has a lure that presumably bobs).

Once Bob becomes an Azumarill and is taught Surf (which it must keep as one of its Water-type moves), it becomes overjoyed to be able to live its lifelong dream of bobbing in the water (hence the name). Therefore, it must always lead the party while you are Surfing. It dislikes frozen water, however, so it cannot be used in any frozen or snowy areas (i.e., Frost Cavern, Route 17, Snowbelle City+Gym). As a final restriction, it must Splash in front of all of Siebold's Pokémon and solo at least one of them.

In list form
  • Bob the Azurill
  • Evolution restrictions:
    • can freely evolve into Marill
    • must solo 5 Luvdisc to evolve into Azumarill
  • Move restrictions:
    • must keep Splash and use it after every occurrence of one of the following events:
      • it is sent out of its Poké Ball
      • a Water-type is sent out against it (i.e., if it defeats a Trainer-owned Pokémon and the next one to be sent out is a Water-type, do not switch until it uses Splash against that Water-type)
      • Note: If these two events somehow overlap (which they don't always have to), only use Splash once.
    • must have at least two Water-type moves of any category at all times
      • one of these will be replaced with Surf ASAP
    • fourth slot is your choice
  • Other restrictions:
    • you cannot Surf unless Bob is in the lead spot of your party
    • Bob cannot be used in the following areas:
      • Frost Cavern
      • Route 17
      • Snowbelle City+Gym
      • (let me know if I missed any)
    • against Siebold, Bob must do the following:
      • use Splash against all of Siebold's Pokémon at least once
      • solo at least one of those Pokémon

Last edited:
No problem. I'm fine with writing up another challenge, but I don't really know how X progresses, and I don't want to give you something that's too late in the game.

You could do the same challenge with a Mightyena if that works. Otherwise, give me a couple of areas where you can catch pokemon in X midgame, and I'll write something else up.
Maybe something on Route 10; that seems to have a lot of interesting Pokemon like Hawlucha and Sigilyph. Otherwise, there's Route 8; it has Zangoose, Inkay, and Bagon.

Last edited:

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn

Accepted!

Team So far:
CookiLover - Psyduck
UPOS - Pachirisu
Chuck - Bidoof
Spaghetti Code - Tangela
shinx
ONLY ONE MORE POKEMON NEEDED (may be a starter if you wish)

Hello everyone! Looking for a scramble for Pokemon X, medium to hard difficulty, and a starter does not need to be included. :D Hoping to include at least one or two early games, and the rest mid to late game.

Basic:
Medium-Hard Difficulty
Pokemon X
Starter Not Required
Trading is Allowed

Accepted 'Mons: 0/6
HelenTheHero take Fuzzy the Mareep.

Fuzzy is an incredibly fuzzy Mareep and wants to share its fuzziness with the world. Keep Cotton Spore and use it on every enemy you fight before attacking, and evolve into Flaafy when you have used Cotton Spore on 5 different species. In addition, solo Ramos because he has an extremely fuzzy Jumpluff and Gogoat. After soloing Ramos, you may evolve into Ampharos.

As an Ampharos, Fuzzy suddenly realizes something: they have lost all of their fuzziness with evolution! Fuzzy is devastated and decides to go on a quest to regain their fuzziness. Since Team Flare are thieves, they are clearly the ones who stole the precious fluffiness! Solo three Team Flare Scientist fights after Ramos to regain your fuzziness, and solo one of the Lysandre fights to finish it off (you can solo Lysandre #1 and then Xerosic; it doesn't have to be scientists -> Lysandre). Fuzzy's assault on Team Flare regains their fuzziness in the form of a fuzzy Mega Evolution; go back and get the Ampharosite from Azure Bay at this point. However, an important restriction is that you may not Mega Evolve Fuzzy until their opponent has been Cotton Spored.

Naturally, Fuzzy is the only Mega Evolution you may ever use.

HelenTheHero take a shiny Zangoose - specifically the shiny Zangoose from this post. (Yes, that means I'm trading you a shiny for your Scramble.)

• In every zone where Team Flare Grunts show up, solo at least three of them. If there are fewer than three in the zone, solo all of them.

Wow, thank you! The Zangoose doesn't have to be shiny if you want! I can go and catch a normal one if you want to keep it.

I'd also like to have a name for the Zangoose if you don't mind trading the shiny. I'll find something to trade it with in my AS game and put it on the GTS when the scramble starts.

Wow, thank you! The Zangoose doesn't have to be shiny if you want! I can go and catch a normal one if you want to keep it.

I'd also like to have a name for the Zangoose if you don't mind trading the shiny. I'll find something to trade it with in my AS game and put it on the GTS when the scramble starts.
You're welcome! As soon as I caught that shiny I knew I wanted it to be a Scramble challenge, so I don't mind trading it. As far as a name, just let me know what you want me to name it! :-)

PokeguyNXB Take Pride the Piplup!

Pride is the King of all Water-types(or at least believes he is), and thus believes that he's above it all.

1. Being a very proud creature, Pride will not fight anything "beneath" his type(anything weak to water).
2. Since he's a king, and has to look tough in front of his "subjects", he's too proud to be healed by anyone unless he's close to death(less than 25% hp)(exception being automatic healer allies).
3. To prove his superiority(and evolve), Pride must solo the entirety of the second gym, and solo at least one of Gardenia's pokemon(solo all three to remove restriction #2).
4.Of course, now that he's so obviously proven his superiority over other Water types, pick a fight with(solo) at least one water type in any trainer's team to prove his dominance.
5. After showing how amazing he was, he decided that all other water types that fight with him are trying to steal his glory. If Pride participates in a battle, no other Water type on the team may participate. Of course, he can still steal any other water type's glory, just because.
6. Realizing that in order to be a king, he needs a crown; Solo the entirety of the sixth gym leader's team(temporarily removing restriction #1) to gather enough metal to forge Pride's crown.(Evolve again after that)
7. Right before the elite four, Pride realizes how overly proud he's been. Fight the Rival, and solo his Starter to Remove all restrictions besides #2.

This should be interesting, no?

If it's too hard, you may remove restrictions 2 and 4.
Not hard enough? Seek out and solo each Legendary, without healing.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
PokeguyNXB Take Pride the Piplup!

Pride is the King of all Water-types(or at least believes he is), and thus believes that he's above it all.

1. Being a very proud creature, Pride will not fight anything "beneath" his type(anything weak to water).
2. Since he's a king, and has to look tough in front of his "subjects", he's too proud to be healed by anyone unless he's close to death(less than 25% hp)(exception being automatic healer allies).
3. To prove his superiority(and evolve), Pride must solo the entirety of the second gym, and solo at least one of Gardenia's pokemon(solo all three to remove restriction #2).
4.Of course, now that he's so obviously proven his superiority over other Water types, pick a fight with(solo) at least one water type in any trainer's team to prove his dominance.
5. After showing how amazing he was, he decided that all other water types that fight with him are trying to steal his glory. If Pride participates in a battle, no other Water type on the team may participate. Of course, he can still steal any other water type's glory, just because.
6. Realizing that in order to be a king, he needs a crown; Solo the entirety of the sixth gym leader's team(temporarily removing restriction #1) to gather enough metal to forge Pride's crown.(Evolve again after that)
7. Right before the elite four, Pride realizes how overly proud he's been. Fight the Rival, and solo his Starter to Remove all restrictions besides #2.

This should be interesting, no?

If it's too hard, you may remove restrictions 2 and 4.
Not hard enough? Seek out and solo each Legendary, without healing.
Accepted! Now I can begin my run! I'll post updates here :D

Final Team

CookiLover - Psyduck
UPOS - Pachirisu
Chuck - Bidoof
Spaghetti Code - Tangela
shinx - Shinx
Pride - Piplup

This should be quite interesting. I have sone time, so I'll start playing immediately. Beating Roark with only a Bidoof and Shinx is going to be a challenge, but I'm sure I'll manage

EDIT: Conflict here. I have 2 Pokemon that must solo Gardenia in order to evolve... that may be an issue... CJorex thdhted either Chuck or Pride need some tweaking...

Last edited:
HelenTheHero Take Bob the Azurill, to be captured the first time you visit Route 3 and no later. This peculiar little Azurill always feels the need to Splash when it is sent out of its Poké Ball, and also when a Water-type is sent out against it. It also likes water quite a lot, so it must keep at least two Water-type moves at all times. (These moves do not necessarily have to be offensive.) While it is not restricted in when it can evolve into Marill, it cannot evolve into Azumarill until it solos 5 Luvdisc. Why Luvdisc specifically? Well, Luvdisc learns Splash by level-up and can be found with the Old Rod (which has a lure that presumably bobs).

Once Bob becomes an Azumarill and is taught Surf (which it must keep as one of its Water-type moves), it becomes overjoyed to be able to live its lifelong dream of bobbing in the water (hence the name). Therefore, it must always lead the party while you are Surfing. It dislikes frozen water, however, so it cannot be used in any frozen or snowy areas (i.e., Frost Cavern, Route 17, Snowbelle City+Gym). As a final restriction, it must Splash in front of all of Siebold's Pokémon and solo at least one of them.

In list form
  • Bob the Azurill
  • Evolution restrictions:
    • can freely evolve into Marill
    • must solo 5 Luvdisc to evolve into Azumarill
  • Move restrictions:
    • must keep Splash and use it after every occurrence of one of the following events:
      • it is sent out of its Poké Ball
      • a Water-type is sent out against it (i.e., if it defeats a Trainer-owned Pokémon and the next one to be sent out is a Water-type, do not switch until it uses Splash against that Water-type)
      • Note: If these two events somehow overlap (which they don't always have to), only use Splash once.
    • must have at least two Water-type moves of any category at all times
      • one of these will be replaced with Surf ASAP
    • fourth slot is your choice
  • Other restrictions:
    • you cannot Surf unless Bob is in the lead spot of your party
    • Bob cannot be used in the following areas:
      • Frost Cavern
      • Route 17
      • Snowbelle City+Gym
      • (let me know if I missed any)
    • against Siebold, Bob must do the following:
      • use Splash against all of Siebold's Pokémon at least once
      • solo at least one of those Pokémon

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)