The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly though what a shitty pair of games to start the playoffs with

it's unfortunate because the Bengals/Steelers injuries and the AFC South sucks, but damn it feels like the NFL as a whole is really down this year and I expect it to continue into tomorrow where both game will probably be one sided

Well that was certainly one of the more interesting 4th quarters I've watched. Refs were horrible, scuffles breaking out, concussions on both sides, I'm just surprised Bengals fans didn't flood the field and torch the place. Otherwise the game was kind of a snoozer up to that last quarter really.

I think I'm gonna toss in my support for the Chiefs this year for Super Bowl, hopefully Maclin didn't tear the ACL and can return. But even then I think they can get past the flatlining Patriots (please lose some more, maybe knock Brady out...) and the winner between Steelers/Broncos to win the AFC. NFC, I really don't care for any of the teams honestly, as long as it's not the Seachickens I couldn't care less who emerges to lose in the Super Bowl.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The problem with the bengals right now? They aren't taking the blame. Burfict and Jones both placed blame on Porter being on the field. Last I checked, staff is allowed on the field during times of injury...and even if he initiated something, you can't shove him and expect it not to get called. Oh, lets not mention that burfict committed an obvious penalty that put them in field goal range to begin with.

Ha, so much talk from Internet about Seattle gonna be destroyed because of the weather and that Minnesota was at a major advantage. So far it's been affecting us I should say, but why is it only 3-0 at halftime?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The problem with the bengals right now? They aren't taking the blame. Burfict and Jones both placed blame on Porter being on the field. Last I checked, staff is allowed on the field during times of injury...and even if he initiated something, you can't shove him and expect it not to get called. Oh, lets not mention that burfict committed an obvious penalty that put them in field goal range to begin with.
I was saying the same thing last night. Jones was all like "Joey Porter was out there talkin shit" and I'm like "of course he was talking shit, your boy just intentionally headhunted his star player and tried to injure him"

I thought there was a rule about only certain staff allowed on the field (medical, trainers, etc), but generally coaches are still confined to the sidelines right?

Either way you can't argue with results, if the Steelers did send him out in an attempt to rile up the other side, it worked perfectly (remember this is the team where the head coach tripped up a punt return in a game against another big rival), regardless of the concern for Brown (to me that still wasn't nearly as big as the one hit from the Steelers on Bernard earlier). But that's still no excuse for Burficet and Jones to completely lose it with the game on the line, odds are Steelers would not have made that FG from 50+ yards out or converted a long 4th.

better lucky than good amirite :^)

edit: posted right before AP fumble ayyy lmao

not taking sides (if I was the 55/24 were way more in the wrong) but for what it's worth Porter is getting fined for basically being the aggressor in this situation

Even worse than that Brown's blocked FG loss.

Bad play calling and decisions and Seahawks totally not taking opportunities that would have even prevented that situation in the first place. Only stand-out of the game was our defense preventing touchdowns and that 1st down play off that bad snap.

Let's see what drama Green Bay and Washington will bring next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)