is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Everything passes

let's talk this out is amended

NO SELF PROMOTION becomes rule 13.1

There's gold in them there hills becomes rule 13.2

Counter-intelligence becomes rule 13.3

Legendary items becomes rule 13.4

PokeguyNXB 6 points, 10hp, 100 gold.
ButteredToast 19 points, 11hp, 100 gold.
Pidge 6 points, 10hp, 100 gold.
Izhuark 6 points, 10hp, 100 gold.
Walrein 6 points, 10hp, 100 gold.
Leethoof 1 points, 9hp, 100 gold.
Phione 6 points, 10hp, 100 gold.
TeToN 6 points, 10hp, 100 gold.

proposal phase

Proposal : Hidden votes
Votes are to be done in a PM to hosts in the following format
Proposal [nameoftheproposal] : [YES/NO]
-----------------------------------------------------------------

That means no "yes to all" or "yes to x but to to rest"

Okay, i'm not only the first player in the game to propose an amendment, but now, also the first to propose repealing a rule! ...and it's my own rule to begin with

Reapeal: 7.1 - Speed things up a teeny-tiny bit

Okay, i'm not only the first player in the game to propose an amendment, but now, also the first to propose repealing a rule! ...and it's my own rule to begin with

Reapeal: 7.1 - Speed things up a teeny-tiny bit
Can we repel rules though? Don't we have to pass a rule allowing us to vote a rule repel in the first place?

Bare with me people. This is a somewhat long rule but we need to spice things up and people need to start scoring some damned points so we can at least get this game moving. No one has scored points since I was challenged, and while adding more and more shit such as items, hitpoints, gold, pass codes are great and all, no one is scoring any damned points. We need POINTS to win, and everything we are proposing to add is distracting from that premise. Maybe this is the reason that we are over a month into this game, and the leader is less than 1/5th of the way to victory even though I have more than TRIPLE everyone's points.

My goal in the below rule is to replace one of the shit rules that we have that no one uses and replace it with something different that we can try that can lead this game to being more spontaneous as well as kick us up

----------

Proposal/Amendment/Repeal: Can We Score Some Damned Points Already?
This proposal exists in three parts:

1. Upon passage, the following rule is hereby void:

9.4: xd xd xd xd
During each proposal phase, players may publicly announce a "hit contract" on any other player. You may only announce one hit per turn. This uses up one of your hit points.

Any other player may choose to accept the contract, who will then challenge the targeted player. Each hit can be accpeted once. This player is called the "hit(wo)man". This challenge can be any sort of contest of luck or skill available (online poker, chess, pokemon, a singoff or danceoff to be voted in by other players, an irc history quiz, etc). The target and the hit(wo)man should agree on something they both want to do (and are both able to do), but the hit(wo)man suggests first. Results should be posted in the nomic thread. There are no ties, so rematch or figure something out. After the resolution of the contract, there are two possible outcomes.

If the target wins the contest, they gain 5 points and a hit point, the contractor loses 5 points, and the hit(wo)man loses nothing. If the target loses the contest, they lose 5 points, the contractor gains 5 points, and the hit(wo)man gains 10 points.
2. The following rule will be put in its place:
Following the announcement of the action phase by one of the hosts, players will be given the option to propose a contest. Only one contest will be allowed to occur in the action phase, and as such whoever is the first person to post their contest proposal in this thread gets to decide the contest. The contest must be something that can take place exclusively within this thread and can be judged based on the amount of likes the post receives. Examples of contests could include making a song about a specific theme, drawing a picture, writing a story, caption contests, talent shows, or anything else that can be done in the forum and be based on likes.

All submissions for the contest must be made before the action phase is over. Prior to the beginning of the NEXT action phase, each valid entry will have 1/4 of their like total for their entry converted into points and added to their score.

3. Should this rule pass, all players who vote YES to this rule will receive 2 points.

Last edited:
Sorry buttered toast i like your idea but i don't like the fact that you want to repeal leethoof rule nor your methods for gaining votes. This game will take the time it takes because it's one of his fundament wanting to accelerate it artificially will just make it boring.
Proposal : NO SELF PROMOTION paragraph 2
Rule Proposals can't give any point to a specific or unspecific part of the players in a direct manner in the view of gaining more votes. (eg. If this rule pass everyone name or surname is x or who voted yes on this proposal gain y points.

Last edited:
It's not that we're not moving quickly, but that we are not moving at all. Everything we propose makes this more complicated, which is fine, but we're going nowhere. At the present, we currently have:

1. After you guys vote out my 1 point a round, we will have one way to score the prerequisite points needed to win the game that involves an unnecessary amount contracting and weird stipulations. For the person who wants to keep this rule, I ask you, WHY HAVE YOU NOT USED IT? It has been used a total of one time and no one wants to front the money to call a hit and take 100% of the risk for limited reward. The main problem to that rule is that the contractor's "champion" who accepts the hit stands nothing to lose but something to gain. It's a horrible risk to take and gets us nowhere because none of you are dumb enough to take that risk.

2. In addition to points we have HP, Gold, Items, Pass Codes, random programming codes and countless other continuing developments that clusterfuck this game and have no inherent strategy long term. Not to mention the stupid ass nickname rule that just needlessly complicates communication and voting. These things get us nowhere.

3. The only reliable way we have right not to make progress on this game is that we have a variety of ways to kick someone out (HP, inactivity, breaking rules). So right now this game plays like a War of Attrition to see which one of us gets board or frustrated first in an illogical game combining the elements of Democracy, Final Fantasy, and fucking Simon Says.

4. A lack of leadership, discussion, or overall giving a shit. Since DLE did a half assed job to try and generate discussion and find commonality among us, we have done shit in the way of doing anything with this game. The rules proposed are safe, minimalist, or continue to complicate this game with more needless and unconnected dynamics. It's great that we have guns now and can shoot each other and money to buy guns to shoot each other, but how the hell does that all connect to winning a game? No body wants to pass anything that could give us a starting point of direction to an end goal, and every one of us has been too fucking lazy in the last month plus to take the time to work on serious proposals on this game. Which leads to my final point...

5. Why are you still playing this? If no one is taking the time to do anything productive with this, what are we playing? This isn't a game right now. It's nothing more than a well disguised PostCount++ thread to see who keeps posting day after day, week after week, month after month. I'm running out of motivation to continue to play this game and if it isn't going to get better than this, I dont see why I want to continue to spend my time on this.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In my mind the game hasn't started yet. Why do you think I've proposed these HP and gold rules? Because I'm trying to create the game I want to play. Before we can establish a winner, we have to establish all of the rules. As someone said earlier, this is a game about game design; would you expect someone to win the game before the game itself was completed?

I agree that the lack of discussion is hindering this a bit, and that as much of this blame falls to me as it does to everyone else. But I just pushed through a rule about gold without so much as a "why?", so I think people need to start critically analyzing which rules get passed and which ones don't.

The one rule of this game that I'm not a huge fan of is ~ATH codes, and that's mainly because I'm too lazy to write one.

Anyways, how about a rule?

Proposal: Bribe your way to victory
Players may purchase up to 10 points each action phase. A point costs 10 gold.

In response, other players may choose to spend their own gold to prevent that player from buying these points. Blocking a player from purchasing a point costs double what the original purchase costs. If two players are in agreement, they may pool their gold to block a point purchase (for example one person spends 60 and the other spends 40 to block a 5-point purchase). Players who have a point purchase blocked lose 1 HP, and only 1 HP - they cannot lose more than 1 HP in one cycle, even if multiple point purchases are blocked.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Can we have an up to date player list?

Proposal: asdf2
The first 5 players to vote yes on this proposal and the proposer of this proposal gain 5 points at the passing of this proposal. Also, the leader in points at the time of this proposal's passing loses 8 points.

Yes, this game is completely illogical. In my mind, the person who wins is the person who can best tie together features of all of the systems incorporated into the game and navigate their way through the tremendous clusterfuck while also proposing rules that allow them to do so. Sound overcomplicated? It is. Anyhow, we'll have to create a somewhat more consistent way of earning points, yes, but I don't think we're doing too bad as is.

Proposal: xkcd

Players may post XKCD comics if they are extremely good fits for the message they were trying to convey with their post. If a player does so and one of the mods approves of their choice, that player gains 5 points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)