Smogon Premier League: Doubles discussion

[BIGS] Laga vs Braverius [WOLF] (The timer is about to go 2-0 kids)
[TGRS] qsns vs Arcticblast [CONG] QUIZNOS (Cute user qsns returns!!!!!!)
[SHRK] TheFourthChaser vs BLOOD TOTEM [RAID] (Im so dissapointed i didnt get to see him really win with mega aero last week, but this week i expect something even more special :D)
[CRYO] Lohgock vs KyleCole [FLCN] (Mr. April on the men of doubles calendar is hot in more than just one way right now. LGI!)
[SCTR] Biosci vs checkmater [RUIN] (While I was sad to see his troubles last week, I hope he'll step it up now and get those first week jitters out of the way. Good luck bud)

Last edited:
[BIGS] Laga vs Braverius [WOLF] Go VGC epople
[TGRS] qsns vs Arcticblast [CONG] Sorry qsns but Ablast got this in the bag imo
[SHRK] TheFourthChaser vs BLOOD TOTEM [RAID] Just because
[CRYO] Lohgock vs KyleCole [FLCN] Go Lohgock in general then
[SCTR] Biosci vs checkmater [RUIN] Go VGC people

Last edited:
new post so nobody misses it: Kyle and I scheduled for 9/9:30 gmt+1 this Friday (depending on when I'll be done eating dinner)

KyleCole edit: 3-330 est for those challenged with conversions

Last edited by a moderator:
[16:11:29] +N10sit: checkmater supports animal abuse

[16:12:53] +checkmater: im not even prepping rn :/
[16:13:04] +N10sit: THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE U DOING
[16:13:05] +Biosci: THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING

[16:13:29] +KyleCole: check do you not understand what is going on..

[16:23:29] +macle: biosci's dad played
[16:23:36] +macle: because biosci had to save his dog

everyone behaved in such a civilized manner

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
I'll be frank, I was feeling rather nauseous/nervous the entire day leading up to the match, so I took a bit of a lie-down to try to calm my nerves and to avoid throwing up mid-match. Just to clarify that I wasn't stalling the match to watch some shitty tsm game. When I got up I had to check all my sets/evs, check with the team for the go-ahead, and send the team to Zeb as well, and then perform an elaborate pre-game ritual to summon umaru-chan

good god i would do an analysis of the games but that means revisiting the absolute clusterfuck that was me vs arctic LOL. favorite match of last week would have to be kyle v lohgock but i don't think any of the games last week were particularly great x____x

ORAS Doubles: BLOOD TOTEM vs qsns
ORAS Doubles: Lohgock vs Braverius
ORAS Doubles: Biosci vs KyleCole
ORAS Doubles: Arcticblast vs checkmater75
ORAS Doubles: TheFourthChaser vs Laga

anything you excited for?

BLOOD TOTEM vs qsns / / As much as I love the innovation totem brings, I just can't root against cute user qsns.
Lohgock vs Braverius / / Lots of quality play from Braverius recently makes me very confidant about this game.
Biosci vs KyleCole / / Riding this win train like there's no tomorrow.
Arcticblast vs checkmater75 / / Predicting for Check to sleep through the time and lose to activity Rooting for the comeback.
TheFourthChaser vs Laga / / Despite what everyone says about Laga, I haven't seen enough for me to think he can honestly pull this off.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
BLOOD TOTEM vs qsns / / I feel the same way about this match as I did with qsns last match. Both these players are not living up to their expectations.
Lohgock vs Braverius / / I predicted this random VGC guy to pick some shit tactic last week, instead he absolutely destroyed laga (hes #2 behide kylecole, imo)
Biosci vs KyleCole / / All doubles mods are cursed for not un-banning me. Kylecole will lose
Arcticblast vs checkmater75 / / (see above) and arctic has been playing poorly and check is coming off a win
TheFourthChaser vs Laga / / again who vs who??? dont know either but saw laga thunderbolt into his own lightening rod mon and get wrecked by a vcg'er

ORAS Doubles: BLOOD TOTEM vs qsns / totem is gonna stomp qsns 3:
ORAS Doubles: Lohgock vs Braverius / free kamikaze ;_; should be a close game tho
ORAS Doubles: Biosci vs KyleCole / if biosci doesn't bring garbage like blastoise he has a good shot
ORAS Doubles: Arcticblast vs checkmater75 / arctic is gonna bring bulky thund sub tran and chesnaught or some shit and check will bring jirachi azu kang, whoever steps out of their comfort zone and surprises the other will probably win
ORAS Doubles: TheFourthChaser vs Laga / i hope laga plays better than he did last week bc that was hard to watch :(

Im pretty excited to see totem vs. qsns, totem is always fun to watch (even/especially when he brings shit like sceptile) I'm not terribly excited about the other games tho.

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
legit my only answer to turtle was having both talon+deo out and doubling it while hoping he didn't protect

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ORAS Doubles: BLOOD TOTEM vs qsns - sorry totem my friend, but again, this is the closest match of the week. I'm seriously predicting you both to bring 6 talonflames.
ORAS Doubles: Lohgock vs Braverius - Hopefully you don't let your thundurus faint :/
ORAS Doubles: Biosci vs KyleCole - KyleOnARoll
ORAS Doubles: Arcticblast vs checkmater75 - please win a fuckin game arctic
ORAS Doubles: TheFourthChaser vs Laga - TFSeeDeezNuts lol

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
lots of char y week 1
kang did way better than char y week 1

.shrug

azumarill is a good mon

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Based on my observations, in SPL more than in any other tournament, putting in lures and strange sets is incredibly important to gain the upper hand, as you know that your opponent will be well-versed in the standard metagame at the very least. I think scarf kyube is so popular so far as a way to quickly remove Lando-T and Mega Diancie when the opp might think they have the advantage.

There have been some other really interesting sets that I hadn't seen before have also come out of people trying to out-innovate their opp with working creativity. Iron Tail Weavile, Mental Herb Amoonguss, Sky Drop Mew, Life Orb Sub Aegislash, Scarf Mold Breaker Excadrill, and Tangrowth of all things have already made an appearance and it's only week 3!

Really enjoying watching and learning from these games, although there have been a couple unfortunate ones for the most part I'm really happy with how the games are going thus far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)