ORAS Swiss [Won by -Snow]

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Final Standings

Finals

Finchinator vs -Snow

Play Offs are played Bo3 and Single Elimination

The deadline is one week, until Wednesday 3rd of February

Last edited:
finch wins this

( that tour system is cruel, haxed once and playoffs are unreachable ,-, )

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Uh, Asuya. Hoping again in a good match! I'll contact him asap. Shouldn't be a problem to schedule too.

Wait how did I go 5-2 and not get in? Im confused?

Edit : NVM, Looks like I was not the only one. Good luck to everyone that made it.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Finchinator or Drake'sProdigy

Can anyone explain me the tie-breaking system with an example? Thanks

KSBK (5/1) vs DennisEG (5/1) who won?
For example your opponents finished Swiss with the following scores:

6-1
5-2
3-4
4-3
1-3
0-2
6-1

This makes in total 25-16, which means your opponents won 60,96% of their battles.

Nobody won KSBK vs DennisEG, since the match didn't get played. As there is no clearly deserving players, I found it fairer to just void the match and use their tie breakers in the 5-2/5-1 pool to determine who reaches play offs and who doesn't instead of flipping a coin.

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For example your opponents finished Swiss with the following scores:

6-1
5-2
3-4
4-3
1-3
0-2
6-1

This makes in total 25-16, which means your opponents won 60,96% of their battles.

Nobody won KSBK vs DennisEG, since the match didn't get played. As there is no clearly deserving players, I found it fairer to just void the match and use their tie breakers in the 5-2/5-1 pool to determine who reaches play offs and who doesn't instead of flipping a coin.
Ok thanks.

I don't agree with your decision of not taking into account either activity wins or coinflips in the last round for the tiebreak.
For instance KSBK should be 6-1 with the activity win taken into account. Also, three opponents Always! was matched up against, didn't play their matches in the last round without any host decision regarding coinflips or activity wins.
This situation could change the top 16, so I don't think it's a fair way of tiebreaking.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
Ok, so here is the whole reasoning behind the KSBK vs DennisEG decision:

KSBK told me that he is ok with an extension, even though DennisEG, didn't answer to his VM until one before deadline. As I already extended the deadline earlier I was obviously fine with that. Somehow KSBK didn't manage to give any response I a PM I sent to all players who were 5-1 and didn't play there match yet (rodriblutar, trc, DennisEG, KSBK) a few days before I posted sing ups. Basically both players been activy one at the beginning and one at the end of the deadline, not favoring one of them. So I decided to just void the match, even though it's a disadvantage for of them, as one would be 100% in Play Offs with 6-1 and the other one would have a slightly better tie breaker with his last opponent having 6-1 instead of 5-1.

After I posted the round he insisted on getting a free win, because Dennis answered late, even though he was totally ok with an extension earlier. This plus the fact that he ignored all of Dennis's proposed times to play, but came up with a new appointemnt when he read that he didn't makes play offs seem to me like he avoided Dennis to get the free win anyways. Which will never work in any tournament hosted by me. Being more active than your opponent until date X will not give you 100% freewins, so don't even try to john at the end of a deadline.

When both players didn't give a fuck anymore because they are 3-3, 3-2, or whatever I obviously will not coinflip this match, but treat both players just as if they dropped after the last round. If your opponent drops after going 0-3 your tie breaker is also screwed. That's also not fair, but that's one of the disadvantages swiss has.

And now end of discussion, the top 16 are decided

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)