The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
iirc Harrison did get a 1 game suspension at some point, I think for the hit on Cribbs? Don't remember tbh, but I'm almost positive he was suspended once. I feel like it was more recently than 2010 though (sheesh has it really been 6 years already??). I would agree that he probably deserved one or two based on repeated offenses though. I don't condone stuff like that, even from my own team. This is precisely why I want to see Pittsburgh offload Cody Wallace as soon as possible, because he's dirty as hell.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Find it hilarious how a team that's 15-1 still doesn't get any respect. Then again, we are 1-4 vs Seattle in the Newton/Wilson era, but Seattle just doesn't seem as scary as they were last year or the year before. If they can't find the run game, I think advantage Panthers. Otherwise, pretty even. But we haven't lost at home in like 10-12 games or some shit either.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Find it hilarious how a team that's 15-1 still doesn't get any respect. Then again, we are 1-4 vs Seattle in the Newton/Wilson era, but Seattle just doesn't seem as scary as they were last year or the year before. If they can't find the run game, I think advantage Panthers. Otherwise, pretty even. But we haven't lost at home in like 10-12 games or some shit either.
Just make sure you have Ace Ventura on speed dial in case your Panther mascot mysteriously gets stolen by Blair Walsh

Records don't matter when it comes to Seattle; they'll get some streak of luck to beat you guys. I'm confident that the Seahawks are going back to the Super Bowl this year. I hope I'm wrong though...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Big Ben has torn ligaments in shoulder and may not play. Man no matter how hard we try we just can't stay healthy...

Does he actually shout all the time in real life like that? Please say yes.
hilariously, i was not exaggerating much at all.

later in the day i was just walking through the back, minding my own business, and from across the room he yells" I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU THERE WILL BE NO LONDON JAGS BECUZ THEY WILL CHANGE THE NAME WHEN THEY MOVE THERE"

i've decided not to acknowledge his presence from now on. there's only 8 employees at this company so it will definitely not go unnoticed. idgaf. he was incredibly obnoxious BEFORE this. the mother fucker is in his 50s ffs.

Friendly reminder that not every Colts fan is this bad
we coo.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Also DM so because my team has/had a player on it that was fined several times for illegal hits, that means I can't be mad about another player trying to injure mine? That makes no sense. Every time James Harrison was punished in the past I supported it, and somehow justifying what Burfict did because of Harrison is dumb. I'm surprised at you.
Oh please bro, you and I both know I wasn't talking about you. You're one of the few tolerable Steelers fans I've ever known! My overall point is how hypocritical fans can be; they will decry any slight against their team while being a staunch apologist for their own players.

it's hard to feel bad for Chargers fans because the team isn't moving out of market, but dang St. Louis didn't deserve to lose their team again.

I wonder how long until the NFL tries to fill that void, probably through expansion. I'm not up to date on the issue, but I know a lot of the problems they were having is that the city was under contract to provide way more money to the stadium than they were willing to pay, and I'm sure some other team or future team would be willing/able to strike a better deal with them.

As a native angelino i say fuck the rams. If any team would have changed my allegiance it would have been the Raider because Derek Carr is young and will be dropping 4500+ yard seaons in the future regularly and i was a fan of his bro. But nope neither the Chargers or the Rams can make me change teams. I'll just be that guy that roots for an out of state team while having two in the city i live in. I always considered NYC to be like a sister city to la or at least the other side of the same coin(this one is makes more sense because they are completely opposites tbh) so when i liked the giants it always felt like i was rooting for a local team.

I hate the rams though. Other than the 49ers its one of the teams i hate the most. I might have changed my mind if their costume and colors weren't so boring and bland though. In the long run it's a good thing because i'll be able to watch games without the need to travel to the bay area.... though that novelty dies fast and i'd much rather be at home where i can have one game on a giant tv at full volume and around 4-5 other on different screens around the living room at a lower volume. But the rams are an nfc team so i may yet be able to watch eli in the playoffs since thats like the only thing i havent seen.

Rams just going home. Not like LA is stealing a franchise to make a new one like OKC did to Seattle.
I'm convinced that the Seahawks good fortune is a result of getting fucked in the ass by the NBA.
This pretty much. Though I'm all in favor of sending back the Cardinals to St. Louis if they want them, I've never liked them and they will start sucking sooner than later if their team history suggests anything, they'll go back to their cellar dwelling status in ~10 years or sooner. Then maybe people in AZ can get some, you know, good football games on TV again instead of an eventual return to Cardinals sucking every week and having priority over better games on TV just because they're "local". Bidwell Sr. is a generally horrible owner, it's only cause of his son taking a more active role in recent years that they're having more success imo.

Anyways I dunno if the Chargers will want to share, Spanos seems fairly adamant against it, though now that it's his only option...imo Raiders would be a more logical partner since they probably still have a decent fanbase from when they were last in LA. Having to share an icky stadium built more with baseball in mind and suffering from constant sewage backup with an equally lame baseball team probably sucks more than just playing at an old one. The only reason the Chargers want a new one built at taxpayer's expense is more money of course (hopefully San Diego saw that hosting a Super Bowl by no means ensures the city will reap much benefit). Chargers are in an awkward position as most of the leverage is gone with the city of San Diego over a new stadium since the city knows Spanos is against sharing, so the threat of joining the Rams is slim at best; they may as well take what upgrades they can get.

/end rambling on relocation, tldr; Chargers are screwed either way, I think Raiders should partner up with the Rams, and somehow send the Cardinals back to St. Louis.

Still wondering why the Niners aren't looking at Holgrem, an older coach who wants to be with them, but are looking at Coughlin, another older coach who's coming off 3 bad seasons. I generally like Coughlin, but sorry, there's no Manning to bail you out with lucky throws here. It would mean likely drafting QB and ditching Kap while keeping Gab as a backup though.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Bidwell Sr. is a generally horrible owner, it's only cause of his son taking a more active role in recent years that they're having more success imo.
then why would u think they will regress again the son will be the owner going forward after daddy dies off.

is it bad i'm kinda happy the rams are coming back to la, hopefully to the inglewood stadium, cause it's p close and means seahawks game 4 me :\

the rams spent 10 years in cleveland before moving to LA and allowing the browns to browns it up. they've been in st louis for 20 years but were in la for over 2x as long.

i feel like a lot of the outrage about st louis' team being STOLEN is recency/internet bias. all the young folks who don't remember the anaheim rams are all up in arms when technically the rams have more of their history in la than the other cities combined. plus the raiders seem to be the more popular la team than the rams.

it's bs for the chargers though. the chargers spent their first year in la and have been in san diego for over 50. it's their home. i mean on the plus side san diego to la is only like 2 hours (huhuuhhuuUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU 405 traffic) which is like the same as san fran to the 49ers stadium LOL.

the raiders were only in la for 12 years as well, 44 years of their history has been in oakland. raiders fans are hyphy and loyal af. they don't deserve the move.

the rams are really just coming back to the city they spent most of their time in :\

[walks in the door]
"mornin'"
"Y'ALL ARE MOVINT TO ST. LOIS!"
[keeps walking right by him]
"no we are not."
"DID U HERE WHAT HAPPENED? ST. LOI
"we are not moving."
[gets called out by another co-worker for not even saying good morning]
-----------------------------
"SRRY SHOULD HAVE SAID GOOD MORNING I LIKE YOUR SHIRT"
"thanks."
[closes office door]

EDIT: my shirt is p cool though.

gronk's knee apparently caved in during the bye week or something

or the patriots are just deciding to keep him in bubble wrap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)