Resource ORAS OU Sample Team Thread V2 (Read Post #90)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I dont understand why the classic pinsir offense is credited to an user who joined smogon when the team was already everywhere back in xy ?
also this bugs me a lot

http://pastebin.com/Ja4KdTBi

I mean, I guess thats your version of this team but yea..

The thing I wanted to see though, where are the Rain teams ? I'm pretty sure there were some before so I'm wondering why it got removed exactly.

ps: i think the charx team isnt even good in the current meta, and tornat over gengar is prob an upgrade
people i have spoke with which include ou council members agreed the rain team offered here wasnt good and such was removed. If you have one to offer feel free to post it.

Teams get included and removed as the meta progresses. Ill speak with others about it (charx team you are referring to)

Also when this thread was revamped it was revamped from an old version so it was started fresh.

As far as crediting goes I credit where I got the team from. Im pretty sure theres tons of variations of archetypes so theres that.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Meh, I don't like Rain teams either because the building is dull and it always ends up being mostly matchup based anyway.
But as far as "samples" go, it's one of the classic stuff that you still want to cover so giving an overview is always nice I'd say.

Was thinking bout the Scizor/Chomp/Kingdra/Kabu/Torna/Toed one, I think it can't hurt as it's pretty common on the ladder.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Meh, I don't like Rain teams either because the building is dull and it always ends up being mostly matchup based anyway.
But as far as "samples" go, it's one of the classic stuff that you still want to cover so giving an overview is always nice I'd say.

Was thinking bout the Scizor/Chomp/Kingdra/Kabu/Torna/Toed one, I think it can't hurt as it's pretty common on the ladder.
lol yeah that was the team that got removed but ill give it a second thought and talk amongst others. Pretty sure its Flamingvictinis team unless im unaware of a different variation of the team. Ill come back to this when home.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Pretty simple concept that I had in mind when building this team. M-Manectric is troubled by the likes of Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Clefable, Garchomp and Landorus can be annoying as well. Obviously, I added Keldeo as a way to break past those pokemon so that M-Manectric has an easier time cleaning. The Lati twins were still an issue and CM Clefable[Fairies in general] looked very threatening as well so I added AV Metagross as a protective measure against Fairy types, and as a way to trap the Lati twins for M-Manectric and Keldeo. The team looked like it'd struggle vs Bisharp, M-CharizardX, M-Lopunny, and any relevant physically oriented threat in the tier so I added DD Landorus+TankChomp as a method to blanket check the likes of these mons. Finally I added Latios as my Electric resist, Manaphy, Keldeo, and Charizard-Y check.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a team that's 5/6 same members (defensive Lando and kyub over Chomp) its pretty fun. One thing I'd warn just to anyone who takes this team for personal use is that Metagross is extremely key in checking Fairies and its also important for CM Raikou so don't let it get too whittled early if the opponent has those things. Also kinda like Defog on Lati just cuz the whole team outside of the floaters kinda hates hazards especially Spikes but its a cool build nonetheless

AM

LCPL Champion
So after some talks with various individuals which include some of Reymedys points here, OU Forum guys, OU council, and a couple of people I'm generally cool with who I believe hold some good opinions on stuff like this I decided to add back FlamingVictini 's rain team. I guess for the sake of awareness there was no real concise agreement. Some like Reymedy and others wanted it cause it's the standard archetype for rain, others didnt cause the playstyle itself emphasizes some matchup concerns and sort of keels over to a lot of common rain problems. In the end I just made the final decision to just include for the sake of sample team so there's the reason as to why I put it back there.

I'll be removing my Char-X Balance team. If you're legitimately interested in it you can find it in Creator or Chaos' project which can be found in this post. Other things....

Stuff I'm looking for or wondering.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tears-falling-my-48-post-rmt-5-peak.3559600/

^ That's another rain team. When I was talking to people about adding the rain team by FV I was told to possibly consider this. I've seen the team in action but I wasn't too impressed nor do I find it a necessity to add another rain team. I don't really need to be wow'd when suggested stuff more so convinced btw. I guess the first step is that it's in showcase but I don't really know (kind of dont care either) on the behind the scenes aspect of what goes into showcase and being in showcase isn't the be all end all of being good in my eyes. If there is any sort of counter arguments or any of you have experience using it outside of the Rick Astley I'm all eyes and ears for replays and logic.

Stall Teams:

Kind of think they're a bit bad buuuut we do need some as they're seen on the higher portions of ladder and it's kind of hard to gauge these days what constitutes a good stall team in a meta that sort of had to change the way they approach its direction without Gothitelle. So if you see anyone or know anyone who is interested in sharing, again, I'm open to suggestions. Replays in a relatively competent setting will help sell it a bit more to me and those I talk to. In a perfect world I'm sure this could apply but something that preferably isn't 6-0d by Mega-Gardevoir would be nice. Seen way too many stalls these days that fall under that so that'll be a definite no if that's suggested.

Charizard-Y Teams:

This isn't really a go ahead to open the flood gates and say "throw all your Zard-Y teams at me" cause realistically I will say no to half of them considering a lot of them lose to the same stuff. However, it's something to note as I when I asked the question yesterday in OU room some people said I should get the one McMeghan used v PDC in Smogtour playoffs. After asking Mcmeghan and him confirming that it wasn't good...

[12/24/15, 10:59:13 PM] Mcmeghan: its not that good :v
[12/24/15, 10:59:18 PM] Mcmeghan: exca/keld puts so much pressure on it

I'm curious as to what people have in mind. If anything I will probably fulfill TDK's deepest fantasies of subtly making this into his archive by adding another one of his teams lol......

Anything else key in terms of archetypes:

There's a ton of different archetypes based around different things so if there's something particularly missing let me know I'll take it into consideration. Just note I'm not adding Trick Room teams. Generally playstyles such as for example "M-Venusaur Balance" or "Mega-Altaria Sand" are sort of the foundations I'm looking for here.

Anyways thanks.

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

I'm on mobile right now and therefore not in a position to put up sprites.

Anyways, this is the well known Lop sand team built by myself and High Impulse. It was made during the early stages of the OLT laddering period, and was used constantly then and even until recent rounds of OLT playoffs. Numerous people used this team to ladder and also in stour/olt. This team also popularized chople ttar and amonguss as viable metagame options (ttar no longer only being smooth rock on sand; amoong no longer being used only on stall).

I'll write a description at a later time but yea this is definitely one of the most well known and established ORAS teams.

The team I have here is either bulky offense, balance, or both. This team has peaked 1700+, but if that's not shabby enough for you OU mods it has also defeated some well-known OU players and teams. This team was built around Heracross-Mega a viable and underrated threat ATM IMO. I partnered up Heracrss-Mega w/ Kyurem-Black due to Kyurem-Black's ability to deal heavy damage to Rotom-Wash (and Electric-types in general). Clefable was added so the team doesn't absolutely pounded my Sableye-Mega along with the Lati-Twins (and Dragons in general). Talonflame was added to switch into the troublesome Clefable. Slowbro was added for Keldeo, Metagross-Mega, Talonflame, Excadrill, etc.. Excadrill was added to fulfill the roll as Steel and Ground mon, with the addition of much-needed hazard control. The name of the game is to pave way for Heracross-Mega, Kyurem-Black, and Excadrill by using Clefable, Talonflame, and Slowbro.

A more in-depth look can be found in my RMT.

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-289585202 - 1700+ peak swag
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-274410095 - vs Prankster in the final round of an OU room tournament in the OU room
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-290581964 - vs oml it's too ez (read the chat log if confused)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-289480851 - vs MYTHOLOGICAL GIMMICK SHIT ft. Pinsir-Mega (HO that peaked #1)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-289449253 - vs The Wonder Trio (Stall team that peaked #1) (Stall scum deserved hax/modjoin. I know it, you know it.*)

#synergy4dayz

Last edited:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs:
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs; 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
- Roost

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 64 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Hi, so this a Mega Slowbro Balance around Ferrothorn, Bulk Up Talon, and Mega Slowbro. They make a very good defensive FWG Core together. I decided to use Bulk Up Talonflame since its an awesome wincon especially alongside Mega Slowbro it works as a decent check to SD Bisharp since it can burn with before it gets out of control and use CM Sableye as fodder itself. Ferrothron serves as the Rock Setter and it gets off nice chip damage through use of Leech Seed and the healing is always appreciated, while being a better check to waters, especially Manaphy lacking HP Fire. Next I needed a form of hazard removal so I decided to go with Latias since the extra bulk allows it to check Mega Charizard Y and Fast Electrics better which really do a number on the rest of the team. Thundurus was added since things like HP Fire Latios and Gengar where looking a bit scary. I went with the mixed Knock Off set to quickly get rid of them and being able to cripple switch-in's via Thunder Wave or Knock Off was very helpful. Lastly I was weak to really fast things, especially Mega Alakazam, and I didn't want to be too reliant upon Thunder Wave for speed control and Talonflame's Acrobatics wasn't strong enough to really alleviate the problem. So I added Mixed Scarf Garchomp since Ferrothorn is really annoying. It's by no means perfect, but its really effective.

Mega Slowbro is an amazing flat out counter to CB Azumarill.

Last edited:
Fish Stall

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Def / 152 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off/Stone Edge
- Roost

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Foul Play

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
Sab + Heatran core, added alomomola as it can wish pass to tran, which otherwise only has passive leftovers recovery, from there chansey was added to beat zard y and latis and Gliscor was added to help handle magnezone and prevent free volt turns. The biggest question was who should fill the last slot. If you use amoongus you are week to mega-heracross, if you choose clefable you are making yourself slightly weaker to keldeo, but you are able to wall heracross and do better vs manaphy. keldeo is not as big a problem as it seems because most pokemon on this team have protect to scout moves and alomomola can tank any hit.
Threat List
this is included because I believe for stall you should definitely be aware of the threats
can be played around easily if specs or scarf, if life orb w/ taunt it gets a little tricky and you have to limit its switch ins and ware it down with clefable + alomomola with the occationsal switch to chansey
alomomola can toxic it and gliscor and try and edge it but tough match up
- no switch ins you can try and toxic it or you can go clef after scouting, if it is life orb it becomes tough to deal with as all you have is alomomola *it breaks protect* and gliscor

edit: i'll dig up replays later

Last edited:
love hugo

Importable
SD LO is nice for breaking down walls for MSciz, walls like Hippowdon, Landorus-T, Rocky Helmet Garchomp and Skarmory. Tyranitar is the necessary Draco/Latios switch in, as 0HP MSciz doesn't come in comfortably. Thundurus is just a nice backup check for setup sweepers, also Grass Knot is nice for luring Quagsires/Hippos for MSciz. LO Alakazam is definitely one of the most threatening wallbreakers on the team. It beats most offense and balance. Dazzling Gleam is nice for pressuring MSab. Slowbro is just there as a reliable Keldeo switch in. Big threats to the team would be : Opposing SD Mega Scizor and Mega Manectric. Full Stall is also a bit of a problem, since the team doesn't have a reliable stallbreaker.

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
love hugo

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Scald

band terrak + lo chomp owns everything because its such a potent offensive combination capable of breaking through nearly everything. heatran brings sr and a safe-ish switch into a bunch of shit including fairies and latis. Clef helps with checking everything, spreads paralysis and is a nice wincon with cm. thundurus helps with speed control in stopping faster threats, grass knot lures ground types for the breakers giving them an easier time. mega slowbro rounds off this build really well as its a really potent mon in the right conditions, and in this team its weaknesses are covered by clef and tran. slowbro also functions as an ok weavile check after it has mega evolved which is pretty cool.

one of the biggest threats to the team would have to be offensive mega zor because once thundy dies, its ripping right through the team.

Last edited:
I was meaning to add this anyways so gonna do that.

I'll speak to others about the other ones (the hugo teams) before making a decision.
You're not talking about the old team with Goodra and Alomomola, right?

Cloud Nine

importable

HTML:
Weavile (M) @ Life Orb 
Ability: Pressure 
Jolly Nature 
- Ice Shard 
- Icicle Crash 
- Knock Off 
- Low Kick 

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf 
Ability: Magnet Pull 
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Hidden Power [Fire] 
- Flash Cannon 
- Volt Switch 
- Thunderbolt 

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand 
Shiny: Yes 
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Earthquake 
- U-turn 
- Stone Edge 
- Stealth Rock 

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak 
Ability: Gale Wings 
Jolly Nature 
- Brave Bird 
- Flare Blitz 
- Swords Dance 
- Roost 

Altaria-Mega (M) @ Altarianite 
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe 
Impish Nature 
- Dragon Dance 
- Return 
- Heal Bell 
- Roost 

Starmie @ Leftovers 
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Scald 
- Recover 
- Rapid Spin 
- Reflect Type
Generic balance offense team based around Defensive Altaria-Mega with Heal Bell with a lot of synergy to it. Now Defensive Mega Altaria fulfills both roles of being a status remover and a bulky sweeper at the same time. Meaning that it can set up freely on many annoying mons in the OU metagame such as Chansey, Rotom-W, Mega Sableye, T-Wave Clefable and Non-Mega Tyranitar. Magnezone traps Ferrothern and other steel types that Altaria is walled by. While Starmie, Weavile, and Landurus-T is there to scare out bulky ground types that counter Magnezone. Not really that much to say, other than Talonflame was put in the last slot as a wallbreaker to get rid of fat mons that the team struggles with. Any varient of Keldeo (Sub+CM, Specs, Scarf with Icy Wind) can be problematic for Mega Altaria. Weavile itself can be a huge threat to this team if Magnezone or Talonflame has been weaken. Mega Manectric and any Mega form of Charizard plows through this team, same goes with Sun, Sand, and Rain offense too. Anyhow, try to play the best too your ability if you want to try this team out. And yeah, fyi. This Starmie doesn't have Psyshock to counter Keldeo or Mega Venu. You could change that if you feel like Reflect Type is useless in a way.

AM

LCPL Champion
I added Bluwings Char-Y Team and Hugo's M-Slowbro Bulky Offense. The M-Slowbro Offense had some EVs changed under the advice of people I spoke with about it such Reymedy who informed me the import provided wasn't the actual team itself (which runs Max Speed Heatran and Quick Attack Terrakion). If anything seems outdated or not effective as it was for the sake of basic laddering and using purposes let me know and I'll take it into consideration with others I talk to. Thanks.

YUGYEOM (Aerodactyl-Mega) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit

BAMBAM (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Secret Sword

JAEBUM (Heatran) (M) @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

MARK (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 216 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

JACKSON (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

YOUNGJAE (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

hiya, this has been my favourite team for months now and has always performed consistently so i'll just drop it here! and i got bored and had nothing else to do o.o

in a gist the team is built around crippling the opponent, weakening their bases, keeping them low via heatran and mew alongside the offensive pressure exerted from the team with multiple of the breakers. after that, m-aero gets a chance to basically remove whatever poke that was put in range via pursuit; lastly, once you get a chance, you can clean up the game with one of the win-conditions, or just repeat until you find a good situation to execute it.

maero's a good blanket check to birds and pursuit traps annoying stuff like latis and gengar, or just mons that have been weakened from said attributes of the build that will be mentioned. keldeo acts as one of the teams main answers to darks, steels, grounds whatever you can name it and also a solid burn spreader and breaker for the team. heatran is the teams offensive glue and forces offensive pressure against an annoying mon, say rotom-w, traps it, beams it, allows lando-t to clean up alongside it checking a lot of scary stuff.

dd lando-t is the main cleaner, it abuses the support from everything becoming gradually worn down thanks to the teams tools, and then cleans or drops a few mons for the other teammates to handle the situation. the said support comes from magma storm + beam tran, which more or less removes the majority of lando-t's checks allowing it to sweep. raikou is the momentum grabber, it volts out into a teammate to handle the respective poke on the opposing field and when it gets a chance to set up; it does that to either: clean the game once specific circumstances has been met i.e its checks getting worn down to the point where they die thanks to the offensive pressure + heatran n' mew. mew is the defensive glue and cripples pretty much anything, alongside again blanket checking a ton of stuff. it has synergy with volt switch from raikou to stop whatever passive mon that switched into kou and keep it low, or get a free cripple on a mon to make playing around it easier or just limiting the opponents options.

the team is pretty solid, has great synergies and a lack of dead mons. it utilises luring in annoying stuff, and cleaning once they have been lured in, or weakened to the point where you can basically just click a move and win. not to mention, but the team does a great job of getting free opportunities to either: cripple mons, keep them low | kill a mon and or weaken them | get a free set up chance to win the game. on example of this is a scarf ground like opposing lando-t revenging cm kou, in order for landot to get a free set up opportunity. personally i've found that it doesn't have much weaks aside stuff like zardx and your water switch-in being a keldeo | mew, but usually most of the teams problems are vulnerable to offensive pressure or are annoyed by mew. regarding actually pursuit trapping a threat, just assess the weak link during the battle, just sack that off and remove said threat granted its in range. getting a grasp on how to use the team will be pretty easy in 2-3 matches cause its comfortable to use, have fun n' customise stuff to your likings '~'

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

I'm on mobile right now and therefore not in a position to put up sprites.

Anyways, this is the well known Lop sand team built by myself and High Impulse. It was made during the early stages of the OLT laddering period, and was used constantly then and even until recent rounds of OLT playoffs. Numerous people used this team to ladder and also in stour/olt. This team also popularized chople ttar and amonguss as viable metagame options (ttar no longer only being smooth rock on sand; amoong no longer being used only on stall).

I'll write a description at a later time but yea this is definitely one of the most well known and established ORAS teams.
Hey, I know this was a little while ago, but I think it would be cool to see a description for this team. I think it's a solid build and am interested in hearing the thought process that went into making it. There was something I've been wondering about as well and a description may clear that up for me.

What I was wondering about was the decision to use Ice Beam over Fire Blast on Tyranitar. I believe offensive variants of Scizor / Mega Scizor being in against Tyranitar force a difficult situation which in many game situations could require a sacrifice. I understand the utility of Ice Beam to weaken Landorus-T and Garchomp, but I do think Fire Blast could help alleviate the pressure an offensive Scizor can exert since Tyranitar is the only member of the team it can safely set up on.

Hey, I know this was a little while ago, but I think it would be cool to see a description for this team. I think it's a solid build and am interested in hearing the thought process that went into making it. There was something I've been wondering about as well and a description may clear that up for me.

What I was wondering about was the decision to use Ice Beam over Fire Blast on Tyranitar. I believe offensive variants of Scizor / Mega Scizor being in against Tyranitar force a difficult situation which in many game situations could require a sacrifice. I understand the utility of Ice Beam to weaken Landorus-T and Garchomp, but I do think Fire Blast could help alleviate the pressure an offensive Scizor can exert since Tyranitar is the only member of the team it can safely set up on.
So this team started out with the idea of using adamant QA lop (s/o Leftiez), due to its ability to nail many kills like a 2hko on clef or physdef skarm on stall, and threaten offense way more with dual prio vs something like mzam. Realizing that amoong is a potential stop on stall, and that many flying types and sand exca threaten lop, rotom was a very nice pivot to add. After toying around with many synergy options, the sand core ttar + exca turned out to be optimal. Those two cover the hazard game, and wear down the same mons lop struggles with. Ice beam was chosen over fblast on ttar to hit lando/chomp as they are imo more threatening and prevalent than scizor. With sd on drill and adamant lop, scizor isnt coming in much and theres always rotom and hpfire amoong. Chople is used on ttar to better beat zardy, gengar, alakazam, and LO tornt. SD balloon is used on drill to better wear down the common grounds that wall QA lop. Now I really needed a strong wallbreaker, especially one that could deal with grasses like venu easily, so LO torn was perfect. This set in particular helps wear down skarm, rotom, and the like very well. Lastly, the team was still very weak to diancie, keldeo, breloom, azu, and gyarados. Amoong is an absolutely perfect wall and pivot to synergize with the rest of the team.

AM Edit: Added description to OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)