2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
on twitter someone asked a very interesting question: if the ballon d'or/ best player in the world could have also been given to non-european players like today, how many ballon d'ors would pele and maradona have?

in my opinion, maradona would have had 3. 86 no doubt. 87 most likely. and then in 1990 would've been his third, and final ballon d'or. however, this one could've been a toss up between him and mathaus.

and pele.... well, he would have had upwards of 7. SEVEN. 57, 58, 59, 60 (arguable bc puskas), 61, 63, 64 (arguable bc eusebio) and 1970. insane..

tldr: messi is the GOAT of the 21st century, and 2nd best player ever (and he's only 28 years old)

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That is what happens when you allow the public to vote for it.
Seems like the Journalist and bloggers in Brazil voted for Lira.

Anyways found these tweets about him so...
https://twitter.com/lucasammr/status/686626150743949313
https://twitter.com/lucasammr/status/686626368780648448
https://twitter.com/lucasammr/status/686626580139999236
https://twitter.com/lucasammr/status/686626801163091968

Plus it kind of doesnt matter. we will always remember this goal like Messi's 2nd against Madrid in 2011, which didnt make the top 3 lol.

It was kind of sad that Messi only got 40% though.
Plus the team of the year just proved that the majority of footballers don't actually watch it...for example- Thiago Silva making it. Rooney got more votes than Tevez for goodness sake.
Brazil voted really hard to see that guy winning. The biggest brazilian pages in Facebook related to sport ou just HUEHUHYW all posted about helping the dude and brazilians like to do that so the guy ended up winning Messi's masterpiece of a goal.

^ Also 3 years later I'm still salty that this goal was not chosen for Puskas :( It wouldn't win against Ibra's one but was top 3 imo

Messi got robbed on the Puskas award, I think at least 50 players in the top leagues could pull that winning scissor kick off against a mediocre Brazilian league team.

How many can run from pretty much the halfway line, cut through 4 players of a very decent Bilbao team and in a cup final; probably no one else.
fifa corrupt in their awards? im shocked and appalled

Did the two most boring team in the Premier League just play out an exciting high-scoring draw? Still proved my point that MU can't go forward because of their defensive frailties.

You mean coutersy of the borefest that you guys served the entire season? Moment you attack, you concede a fair few like against PSV and Newcastle.

Ok, I'm happy with our draw against Arsenal who are in-form and we have so many injured players. Hope to produce something good against you lot this Sunday.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Missed the game due to work but I knew we could always count on West Brom to to be stubborn and resilient. And just when we seemed to have somewhat reignited our attacking flair, our only goals come from Azpilicueta and an own goal.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Wow, that was exhausting. Don't think I've ever been so pleased with a draw. If only we started the game like we ended it, the result could've been a different one. What a spectacular goal from Terry though, one that any striker in the world would be proud of, even better than Mirallas' strike. An optimist would say Guus is still undefeated. Draws are as good as losses in my book though.

I would say we showed great character to come back from 3-1 down. Also, we go for the win even after conceding in injury time. Need to see more of this.

I wouldn't say that, our defense was horrible in all of those goals. Pretty entertaining game but we shouldn't have let it drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)