ORAS Swiss [Won by -Snow]

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so here is the whole reasoning behind the KSBK vs DennisEG decision:

KSBK told me that he is ok with an extension, even though DennisEG, didn't answer to his VM until one before deadline. As I already extended the deadline earlier I was obviously fine with that. Somehow KSBK didn't manage to give any response I a PM I sent to all players who were 5-1 and didn't play there match yet (rodriblutar, trc, DennisEG, KSBK) a few days before I posted sing ups. Basically both players been activy one at the beginning and one at the end of the deadline, not favoring one of them. So I decided to just void the match, even though it's a disadvantage for of them, as one would be 100% in Play Offs with 6-1 and the other one would have a slightly better tie breaker with his last opponent having 6-1 instead of 5-1.

After I posted the round he insisted on getting a free win, because Dennis answered late, even though he was totally ok with an extension earlier. This plus the fact that he ignored all of Dennis's proposed times to play, but came up with a new appointemnt when he read that he didn't makes play offs seem to me like he avoided Dennis to get the free win anyways. Which will never work in any tournament hosted by me. Being more active than your opponent until date X will not give you 100% freewins, so don't even try to john at the end of a deadline.

When both players didn't give a fuck anymore because they are 3-3, 3-2, or whatever I obviously will not coinflip this match, but treat both players just as if they dropped after the last round. If your opponent drops after going 0-3 your tie breaker is also screwed. That's also not fair, but that's one of the disadvantages swiss has.

And now end of discussion, the top 16 are decided
I still believe these battles matter (trc (5-1) vs rodriblutar (5-1) and private (4-2) vs analytic (4-2)) for the final phase. Another player could have been in top 16 deserving the playoffs spot more than people who played every round except the final one (which matters the most of course). This tournament is yours, and so are rules, but I am free to disagree and explain my concerns about the way you managed to run activity calls.

Whoever wins this tourney will be a paper champion anyway. You should never expect anything special from non-Official tourneys. This was just a primer for OST.

I still believe these battles matter (trc (5-1) vs rodriblutar (5-1) and private (4-2) vs analytic (4-2)) for the final phase. Another player could have been in top 16 deserving the playoffs spot more than people who played every round except the final one (which matters the most of course). This tournament is yours, and so are rules, but I am free to disagree and explain my concerns about the way you managed to run activity calls.
Your constant complaining is not going to get you a playoff spot, so just stop lol

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's always easy to complain and cry about the people who actually do stuff and have to make decisions.
I have to decide for a way to break ties and how I handle inactivity. Since all possible methods have their flaws there will always be someone (read: the people who didn't make play offs), who doesn't like the system.
I've always kicked out people who did not show any activity, independent if it was Round 1, 2, 3, or 7. Matches with 0 activity of either player were ALWAYS voided, not just in the final round.
Considering your logic I should have kept them in the tournament every round and flipped coins in order to create "more fair" tie breakers. I know that's an extreme example, but I still struggle to comprehend how it's fair to have a massive amount of coinflips decide the tiebreakers even just in the last round. Inactivity is always a problem in swiss tiebreakers.
The only other opportunity would have been to just cut all the 6-1 players, but even that would have meant that the winners of Dennis/KSBK and trc/Rodriblutar would have been determined by a coin flip.

But if you are just smarter than me, feel free to PM me your flawless system for Swiss Tie Breakers, which produce more deserving play offs than we have right now. Since I'm hosting quite a lot of tournaments, I'm pretty sure I would use that in the future.

Lost haxed in the second match.
if you mean a scald burn that's hardly hax and if i didn't get it i just go into lopunny which puts a massive amount of pressure on you getting me a kill where your best sac is what i burned anyway, and the crit on ferro didn't matter for ferro's sake since everything else killed it, it only prevented diancie from surviving which it would've survived anyway if you made the correct play and switched to starmie which covered both options of that turn's 5050 but you decided to risk it which isn't my fault at all.

edit: @ below you actually just ignored how i said the luck didn't matter (you think a 12% ferrothorn is going to do much to a team where everything koes it from there + protect?) i would probably care less if i did actually hax you but one of the 2 instances of luck didn't matter at all and the other was a 7030 which i still came out of with an advantage.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)