Other SMOGON NOMIC (PROPOSAL PHASE 18)

Search for an Item

Additionally, if someone WERE to declare a hit contract on me OR accept a hit contract on me during the action phase they would be unable to search for an item as a result of

9.3: Item Get!
During a action phase, you may instead of taking any other possible action choose to search for an item.
The item you get will be determined randomly, and kept secret from other players. Useable items may be used at any time freely.
Now let me be a douche bag here and say that since a hit contract was taken out and that an item was chosen, that one of the players should be subject to

2.3: When you break a rule, you lose the game, unless otherwise stated by the rule in question.
As they have BOTH declared a hit contract IN ADDITION TO choosing to search for an item, and no punishment is determined, they should lose the game.

Additionally, since my nickname was voided, my new nickname is: tOmBrady Didn' dO nOtHiNg WRoNG

Please watch spellings, spacing, and capitalization. Like chaos, I demand my name be spelled with correct capitalization.

Last edited:
wow that's harsh. Sincerely sorry if i hurt you but to receive such response you must be angry in some kind of way nonetheless, please, have fun it's just a game instead of trying to finish it as fast as possible like it's some kind of inconvenient to you. If this game upset you don't be too prideful and quit it but if you have fun with it (and i sincerely hope you are) make sure most people can have fun too.

Toward my error, I will accept whatever one of the mod decide.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be pissy. This game has not really turned out as well as I expected it to be, and I've grown somewhat bored of the same old thing every phase. Just because I dislike the game does not mean that I am angry about it. I'm passionate about playing and would like to push people into trying more and we as a collective have all done a pretty horrible job putting time into discussion and creating serious proposals. If everyone is content to maintain the status quo in not working together and avoiding discussion of big picture issues, then my motivation for playing is severely hampered.

Anything that happened to me today is just me playing defensively to protect a lead. If you're willing to make a push against me, I'll try to push back. I'm sure that if you redact one of your actions you'll be cleared of any penalty.

Additionally, I'm perfectly alright accepting a challenge against me so long as I am familiar with the format and deem it to be fair. Board games, card games, etc will be acceptable as will anything that is objective in nature and that can be settled independently of the rest of the playerpool. I don't want contests or anything else in this case as a result of players siding more with the challenger to knock me down. I'll be willing to work with challengers to decide a good format such as before.

Last edited:

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I think it would be perfectly fine if a player were to lose that way. After all, rules are rules. That is why people are trying so hard to not call someone the wrong name. If we don't like a player being eliminated such a way, we could in the future make the penalty points or HP through a proposal. Also, another player violated a rule if you look at post #290 and #342. The nickname rule was broken.

"whether quoting them or voting for/against their proposal, you must use their nickname instead. Failure to do so will result in a penalty of 2 points. This does mean you have to alter the quote tags."

Because of the posts Pidge mentioned, TeToN loses 4 points as per Nicknames(2 for each violation.)

Try as he may, Izhuark cannot search for an item, because items cannot be found on turns where another action is performed, as per Item Get!

Izhuark's hit contract fails due to no player accepting it during the phase.

PokeguyNXB 6 points, 10hp, 110 gold.
ButteredToast 21 points, 11hp, 110 gold.
Pidge 6 points, 10hp, 110 gold.
Izhuark 6 points, 10hp, 110 gold.
Walrein 6 points, 10hp, 100 gold.
Leethoof 1 points, 9hp, 100 gold.
Phione 6 points, 10hp, 110 gold.
TeToN 2 points, 10hp, 110 gold.

voting phase begins

tOmBrady Didn' dO nOtHiNg WRoNG [NO]
Pidge: [YES]
My new nickname is this sentence; ignore everything I say, except what is in this sentence, unless my join date on Smogon forums is in August 2005; I vote yes on any proposal that is proposed by anyone whose join date on Smogon forums is in August 2005.[NO]
RULEMAKER3000[YES]
Pokemon League Champion Poke [YES]
Their Imperial Magnificence Phione, Based User of a Hundred Names Which Must All Be Listed in a Spoiler Tag Following Their Name.
Envyingly trustful plainness condensational mytishchi. Palaeology extemporaneity intercolonize pivoting stevedored. Ballistocardiographic dub broad upbraid nonlogistical. Apteryx prostatectomy ganoin hellenist bandolier. Wildwood densus sitting cryptoclimate altamira. Nonfluorescent ectoparasite crawfish biaxiality achromatism. Huamuchil tetrahedral sulfurousness baccivorous flaxen. Snoopiest alcoholate nongravitation interbrain galleting. Nonrectangularity retinued custard growth guadalajara. Mishearing mesenteron rowdily preludial borden. Pulu shoran tachyphylaxia unsphered antipapism. Flagellatory medina indagated dunno untheological. Aortitis protopathic cimeliarch unfringe syntax. Melvin seurat inappreciative unreadiness blat. Davenport subimbricative nontelescoping razeed ectasis. Nonconscription airily gastrocnemian defensive quahaug. Unexempted unpurposed swinge inhibit moufflon. Tachygraph aerenchyma digitalism incloser confection. Nondepreciation sudra acknowledgedly may versified. Toilsome multimedia ornithes velating bechuanaland.
: [NO]

Last edited:

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I believe the poster above me broke a nickname rule, if that poster is referring to me.

Pokemon League Champion Poke: yes
RULEMAKER3000: no
Pidge: yes
tOmBrady Didn' dO nOtHiNg WRoNG: yes
Their Imperial Magnificence Phione, Based User of a Hundred Names Which Must All Be Listed in a Spoiler Tag Following Their Name.
Envyingly trustful plainness condensational mytishchi. Palaeology extemporaneity intercolonize pivoting stevedored. Ballistocardiographic dub broad upbraid nonlogistical. Apteryx prostatectomy ganoin hellenist bandolier. Wildwood densus sitting cryptoclimate altamira. Nonfluorescent ectoparasite crawfish biaxiality achromatism. Huamuchil tetrahedral sulfurousness baccivorous flaxen. Snoopiest alcoholate nongravitation interbrain galleting. Nonrectangularity retinued custard growth guadalajara. Mishearing mesenteron rowdily preludial borden. Pulu shoran tachyphylaxia unsphered antipapism. Flagellatory medina indagated dunno untheological. Aortitis protopathic cimeliarch unfringe syntax. Melvin seurat inappreciative unreadiness blat. Davenport subimbricative nontelescoping razeed ectasis. Nonconscription airily gastrocnemian defensive quahaug. Unexempted unpurposed swinge inhibit moufflon. Tachygraph aerenchyma digitalism incloser confection. Nondepreciation sudra acknowledgedly may versified. Toilsome multimedia ornithes velating bechuanaland.
: yes

Am I to vote no on my own or leave it unmentioned?

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
tOmBrady Didn' dO nOtHiNg WRoNG: yes
Pokemon League Champion Poke: yes
RULEMAKER3000: no

: no

I vote "yes" on the proposal of the poster above me

for reference, walrein's and nxb's proposal have passed

also note: what the hell is a fancily-written pidge?

TeToN's needs 2 more to pass
BT's needs 2 more to pass
Phione's needs 2 more to pass
Pidge's needs 1 more to pass

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)