Other The Genius Forum Game - Over - Congratulations Blazade

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First of all, the playerlist. I want to apologize for everyone who didn't make it. I tried to prioritize watchers of the TV show, people who joined the IRC channel, and players whom I know to be reliable.

Still in:

UncleSam
Blazade

Eliminated (in order of elimination):

Isa
General Spoon
BLINGAS
LightWolf
Thetwinmasters
internet
U-Turn Out
Flyhn
ButteredToast
Da Letter El
idiotfrommars

1. Game Basics:

-There will be 13 players in the game.

-Each round will have a Main Match and a Death Match. The Main Match determines the winner(s) and elimination candidate(s) of the round. The Death Match will pit 2 players against each other to determine who is eliminated.

-The Main Match will be a test of the players’ wit, tactics, cooperation, social skills, etc.

-The Death Match will be a one-on-one test of the players’ wit, tactics, cooperation, etc. Often times, the players not in the Death Match will still play a role in determining the winner of the Death Match.

-The winners of the Main Match will each receive a Token of Life. Players with a Token of Life cannot be chosen to participate in the Death Match. A sole winner will receive 2 Tokens of Life, and will have to give one to another player.

-The loser of the Main Match will be the elimination candidate of the round. This player will pick a player without a Token of Life to participate against in the Death Match.

2. Garnets:

-Garnets are the game currency of The Genius Game. Each player will begin the game with 1 Garnet.

-Garnets may be obtained during the Main Match, usually by winning, or sometimes via other means. The Main Match post will describe how to obtain Garnets during that Main Match.

-Garnets may be spent during the Main Match to obtain certain advantages. The Main Match post will describe how and for what to spend Garnets during that Main Match.

-The player who wins a Death Match will receive the Garnets held by the loser of the Death Match.

-Garnets may be given or traded to other players.

-After each Main Match and Death Match, each player’s Garnet count will be made public.

3. Inventory:

-Each player will have an inventory during the course of The Genius Game to hold all of their items, as well as their Garnets.

-At any time in the game, you may PM the host “Give/Take/Trade/Show [item/Garnets] to/from <user> (for [item/Garnets])”. Giving the item will remove the item or Garnets from your inventory and add the item or Garnets to the target’s inventory, as long as the other player Takes it from you. Trading will give the item or Garnets to the target in exchange for an item or Garnets from the target, as long as both players have the same trade agreement. Showing the item or Garnets will give the target confirmation from the host that the user is holding the item or Garnets.

-Most if not all items will only be held during the specific Main Match that they apply to, and will leave the inventory after that Main Match ends.

4. Winning the Game:

-The last player remaining in the game will be The Genius Game Champion.

-The players eliminated prior to the Final Match will still have something to do, so you may want to pay attention as the game goes on.

5. Various Other Rules:

-Activity will be very important to this game. If you are anticipating a period of inactivity, please let the host know. I’d prefer not to sub people in a game like this.

-IRC will be very important to this game. It will greatly help in streamlining the game and making it easier to communicate. If you cannot be at least somewhat active on IRC, you may have trouble in the game, and I would recommend not signing up.

-I will accept actions, etc, over IRC. The official game channel is #GeniusGame on synirc. However, note that there is a small chance that I may miss your action should you send it over IRC. If I do not respond, I likely missed your action.

-You may not quote/paste any information from the host. The Show Item command allows you to confirm certain things, but some host information will only be confirmed to the player it was originally given to.

-No deadtalking.

-I retain the right to prevent you from “gaming the system”. This will only be used in extreme measures.

-No anonymous nicks will be allowed for the purposes of this game. No impersonating as well.

-There will (hopefully) be a postgame, so any insight I have into the thoughts of the players will help.

This round's main match will be called Point Scales.

At the start of the game, each player will be given 5 cards, one of each number from 1 to 5. Players are allowed to trade cards, but cannot give or take them.

Each round, each player will play one card facedown by PMing me "round X - play #".

At the end of the round, each player will gain points equal to the number of the card that they played. However, players who played the most common card of the round will not receive points for the round. If multiple cards tie for most common, all of them will be worth 0 points.

At the end of each round, it will be publicly revealed which players received 0 points. Each player will also know their own score after the end of each round.

One time in the first four rounds, each player will be allowed to use a card swap to alter the playing field. After all the cards are submitted for the round, there will be a card swap phase, where players who wish to use a card swap must do so publicly. When using a card swap, a player must post in the thread in bold "Card Swap <user>", then PM me "Card Swap #". The player who used the card swap will play the PMed card for his target, and add his target's previously played card to his inventory.

The player(s) with the highest score after all 5 rounds will be the winner(s), and the player(s) with the lowest score will be the elimination candidate(s). Additionally, players will earn 1 garnet for every 5 points they scored, rounded down.

Timetable (times are approximate):

Playing Phase: 24 hours
Card Swap Phase: will end 12 hours after the most recent card swap (to prevent stealthing), with a minimum of 24 hours.
The first Playing Phase will be 48 hours.

All players inventory will currently have the following items (I'm not going to PM them because they are all the same):

1 Garnet
Card: 1
Card: 2
Card: 3
Card: 4
Card: 5

The first playing phase will end Saturday, January 16th at 9:00 PM EST.

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

Banned deucer.
Yea, if you guys wanna win this game I've already thought of a few ways to do so and I'm down with forming an alliance. Hit me with a PM or on irc

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
updating slightly early because all cards are in, if you want to change anything, i'll give u until original deadline (edit: too late now)

It is now Card Swap Phase 1. The phase will end no sooner than 1/17/16 at 8 PM EST, but will be extended if people use card swaps as described in the rules earlier.

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
idiotfrommars, daletterel, askaninjask, and BLINGAS receive 0 points for playing the most common card.

Since there were no swaps, everyone else just got the score of the card they submitted, so I'm not going to PM your scores.

It is now Playing Phase 2. The phase ends on 1/18/16 at 8 PM EST.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Due to the amount of actions I have compared to when the deadline is, I am going to extend the deadline to 1/19/16 at 8:00 PM EST. If I am still missing any submissions, they will be decided randomly for you.

I'd still like you to get your actions in ASAP so maybe I can update early.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I'm considering adding a co-host to help run the game more smoothly. Preferably available sometime in the window of 1 AM to noon EST, since I'm usually asleep or otherwise unavailable during those hours. I can pretty much tell you what you'll need to do, it will mostly consist of processing item PMs, and assisting with Death Match updates. If interested, let me know.

Additionally, a rule: Players may only transfer Garnets during the Main Matches.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
It is now Card Swap Phase 2. The phase will end no sooner than 1/20/16 at 8 PM EST, but will be extended if people use card swaps as described in the rules earlier.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I can guarantee I won't take to the death match any of the following people:

1) people who have given me a garnet
2) people who tell me a card they are playing and the cards they played in all previous rounds

All players who give me information will be instant allies as soon as allies become important in this game.

LightWolf

lightwoof
That is my favourite kind of ally, the one who is losing due to greed and proceeds to threaten the whole game into giving him stuff. That's sure how meaningful lasting alliances are made.

If anybody earned points from a 2 or 4 card last round contact me
Also if you have zero points you should contact me to get info to get more points because you guys are just competing for last at this point

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
General Spoon, ButteredToast, Shaka Brah, Isa, askaninjask, Thetwinmasters, internet, and Blazade all score 0 points for playing the most common card.

Since U-turn out received a card swap, I will PM him his score. idiotfrommars, Lightwolf, Da Letter El, and BLINGAS all scored the card you sent.

It is now Playing Phase 3. The phase ends on 1/22/16 at 12 AM EST.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
It is now Card Swap Phase 3. The phase will end no sooner than 1/22/16 at 11:59 PM EST, but will be extended if people use card swaps as described in the rules earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)