Other Metagames [Monogen] HOENN HEROES - Peaked #1 ~n_n~

Hello frens, welcome to my second RMT. This time I'm featuring a Monogen team, one of the OM of the Month. I know its kinda an odd metagame but its pretty funny to play and to build.
Team at a glance

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Teambuilding process

I decided to put together a team with Mega Medicham because it is the most powerful wallbreaker of the entire game. Its High Jump Kick can 2HKO Clefable and other fat Pokémon who resists it. ScarfRachi is a great partner because it provides momentum with U-turn and makes Medicham enter easily without taking additional damage. Also, Healing Wish is a great support move.

I was in need of a Hoenn Pokémon that could get Stealth Rock on the field and could take hits. Swampert is the perfect choice! Also, give us a nice answer against VoltTurn teams.

The team was a little weak against Bulky Waters and Ground. I decided to give a chance to the mushroom Breloom. Breloom is sensational against offense with his powerful Technician-boosted Mach Punch addition to the support with Spore.

Ground-spam was a problem. I was in need of something that has Ground immunity and at the same time help to control entry hazards spam. The chosen Pokémon was Latios, by far. With its 350 Speed combined with the dual STAB Psychic + Dragon, Latios is an excellent check for Fighting and Poison Pokémon in general.

The final slot was kinda tricky. I've been looking Pokémon like Salamence, Manectric, Metagross among others, but the choice was perfect this little purple gnome. Prankster is phenomenal in this metagame where many players abuse entry hazards as Sticky Web and I can stop it with Taunt. Besides this function, priority Taunt works as an excellent Stallbreaker, helping us in different situations, especially against Johto.
A Deeper Look

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite

Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Fake Out
High Jump Kick
Zen Headbutt
Ice Punch
Due to its 328 points of attack added the ability Huge Power, Medicham is the most feared wallbreaker of the metagame, only stopped safely by Sableye-Mega and the rare Spiritomb. High Jump Kick is the most spammable duo moves to its 130 Base Power STAB +, OHKO / 2HKO everything lol. Zen Headbutt help much against Clefable, Venusaur and is a great secondary STAB. Fake Out is needed to ensure safe Mega-evolution and the fighter receive the boost of speed as well as having priority. Ice Punch helps a lot against Fat Chomp, Gliscor and Lando-T.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Fire Punch
Iron Head
U-turn
Healing Wish
Rachi scarf because it wins a lot of games spamming Iron Head Flinchs o_o jk This little star give a lot of momentum to Medicham pivoting with U-turn and help us check Mega Scizor, Mega Altaria, Serperior and other scary Pokemon. It is an excellent check for offensive dragons too like Lati twins. Healing Wish helps us to keep Medicham alive.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Roost
Defog
Latios is latios. Works well in every team and give us Ground-immunity and entry control hazards. The rest is standard.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
Scald
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Toxic
The old and fat Swampy is back from DPP for helping us rocks easily setup and take some hits like Loppy's HJK. The Set is kinda standard but works perfectly. Not much to say. Toxic or Roar are fine options for the last slot.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Spore
Bullet Seed
Mach Punch
Swords Dance
Breloom is phenomenal against offense. 1. Because it has Focus Sash. 2. Because priority Fighting-move destroys Loppy + Weavile teams. 3. Because you can SD on the switch and kill Lando-T with the Bullets. 4. Because Spore is a nice escape valve to Prevent some kinda of sweeps.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
Knock Off
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Sableye work the stallbreaker Prevent and things like Smeargle, Azelf and Galvantula, Which is pretty common in this tier. This Pokémon is amazing. It 1v1 entire Johto with WoW + Taunt LOL
Match-ups

• vs. Kanto (HARD)
    : Kanto is a pain in the ass, specially if the opponent has Clefable + Magneton. Is it impossible to beat? No. But you need to preserve Jirachi as long as you can to beat Clefa. Zard (both versions) is very difficult to deal too.
  • vs. JOHTO (EASY)
    : The easiest to deal. Sableye 1v1 Blissey, Skarm, Ttar, Celebi and others. Just keep Sableye alive and you win.
  • vs. HOENN (MEDIUM)
    : Metagross and Gardevoir are strong threats and is not too easy to deal. You can't let Jirachi take too much dmg and at same time you have not a good switch ._. but w/e you should be fine if play well.
  • vs. SINNOH (EASY)
    : HJK kills everything, Breloom sweeps if SD, you can Taunt Azelf to prevent rocks. Not a difficult match-up.
  • vs. UNOVA (EASY)
    : Serperior is dangerous but isn't too hard to deal. Just keep pivoting Jirachi with Latios and you should be fine.
  • vs. KALOS (MEDIUM)
    : Our only check for Diancie is offensive. We struggle a little bit against Dian + Talon but w/e we cant beat everything ._. keeping momentum is the key for the victory against Kalos, remember that.
Proof of peak #1 + W/L score

Final thoughts

Monogen is a funny metagame and pretty cool to build and using your favorites. Everyone should tryout! Its not as competitive as OU or any of the other metas, but we still need to remember that Pokemon is fun too :]
n_n

Well To defeat Kanto Gen is really Hard, But this team punch in almost All Gen.
Mega Metagross with Grass Knot can be a problem and you really need preserve Sableye, or not lost the Sash loom.

BTW Nice Team, Nice Player n_n

Reactions: Hec

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)