Adaptability (Playable on Aqua!)

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have the resistance be an immunity instead. It would help increase the amount of checks of certain mons (for example, kyurem can now be checked by many dragon types) and would help combat the power creep generated by everything getting adaptability.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have the resistance be an immunity instead. It would help increase the amount of checks of certain mons (for example, kyurem can now be checked by many dragon types) and would help combat the power creep generated by everything getting adaptability.
That actually sounds quite good, I wonder where could go to metagame with a change like that

Buff Stunfisk and Kyurem even further? They're already pretty much the gods of the metagame, now you're BUFFING them?

Kyurem gets an immunity to a type it already resist, meanwhile every other dragon can now act as a check to it (ex. Psychic Lati@s switches into anything at least once, Ground Garchomp can switch in any attack but Ice Beam, Fire MegaCharizard X switches into anything bar Earth Power, Balloon Faerie Kelfki becomes a hard counter, etc..)

I feel like Kyurem-B is the sort of threat that sort of causes the entire metagame to shift to Kyurem-B and Things that can sort of counter Kyurem-B. Gerard mentioned some Pokemon like Balloon+Fairy Klefki that are useful solely on their ability to counter Kyurem-B(where else would you use balloon Klefki?). In that sense, it's sort of like pre-AG ORAS Ubers, where Mega Rayquaza completely dominated the metagame, and gave rise to really weird counters like Counter Skarmory. I think we should ban Kyurem B.

Some interesting pokemon from lower tiers:

Hoopa:
Psychic/Ghost typing.

This pokemon looks much better than before: Psychic type, what takes Ghost type moves really good or Ghost type... with nice protection to Psychic type... but also with some other typing what can wall really well.
Shiny version looks really good, even when Not-Shiny can now takes really good that Ghost type, what normally deal x4 damage.
Acces to Ada-Shadow Ball is really strong side of this pokemon, much more with 150 base stat for special atack.

Ghost - with weaknes to Ghost and Dark type + have protection from Psychic, Bug, Poison and immunity to Normal and Fight
Psychic - with weaknes to Dark and Bug + takes less damage from Ghost, Fight and Psychic...

Scrafty:
Dark/Fight typing.

Dark type with no weaknes to Fight. What even better - now can take really effective this type, because rule of metagame.
And... Adaptability Knock Off...
Of corse set with Assault Vest + intimidate make him really good tank, also when we look into his defensive stats. 65/115/115 are really good.
In other hand - Dragon Dance set also is really good for him - good bulk give for him option to tank some moves in set-up turns.

Dark - should avoid Bug and Fairy + take much better hits from Fight, Dark, Ghost and Psychic with immunity for last type.
Fight - weak to Flying, Psychic, Fairy + takes well Bug, Rock and x4 times Dark types

Cradilly:
Rock/Grass typing.

Interesting thing about this pokemon is... Rock type version.
Storm Drain + Protection to grass type makes Cradily quite interesting tank. Have still three weaknes, but with this version is better than normal Rock/Grass form thanks to resistance to Grass and Immunity to water.
Sadly - this pokemon does not have really good Rock type moves for Special side - only Ancient Power... no Power Gem in movepool...

Rock - Weak to Ground, Fight and Steel, can take really good Grass, Flying, Normal, Fire, Poison and have immunity from Water.
Grass - Weak to Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison and Bug, take less damage from Ground, Rock, Electric, Grass and still immunity to Water.

Thats sad that immunity does not heal... because for Rock type - what I say before - Only Ancient Power is viable. 120 power move is nice, but we have for now much better moves.
Well... physical Cradily is a thing... before Will-o-Wisp will not be used against this one...
Grass type is here much worst in defensive plays, but can actually use better abillity... or much more boost for special atack.

Kecleon:
Normal typing.

This pokemon gain fantastic buff - because we have working Adaptability for all pokemons, this one have something, what other pokemons doesn't have: Protean.
All moves gain x2 STAB. 80 power priority Shadow Sneak and Fake Out, all elemental punching moves, Knock Off, more coverage...
This pokemon gain really huge buff.
Still, propably can't outclased other sweapers in his atacking stats, but can easly destroy oponents with coverage even better, than other pokemons.
Also - have really good Sp. Defensive stat, so he might have change to survive oponents special move.

Here no note about typing, because he gain nothing what he can protect in Normal type expect... ghosts...

Vespiquen:
Bug/Flying typing.

This pokemon have a lot of usefull moves for tanking role: Recovery in Heal Order and Roost, boosting defensive stats from Defend Order, can be really viable user of Presure, again thanks to nice defensive stats...
But...
Shes terrible typing weak to Rock x4... This pokemon lose nearly 50% hp after switch into Stealth Rocks with good IV's (what doesn't help very much anyway).
In this metagame... this pokemon gain nice boost.
Clear Bug type with Flying Resistance is really nice, but Flying type give this immunity from Ground moves.
Pure Bug for this pokemon have less weaknes, but have no immunity, where Flying type have x4 times resistance to Bug AND immunity to Ground.
This pokemon is in win/win situation, because she lose that x4 Stealth Rocks weaknes... and have only x2 whenever what a type this pokemon choose.

But... how good this pokemon could be against OU pokemons?

Still not that good what we could expect. Yes - is much better in this form than before, but I thing it's not enouth for being viable in OU...
Clefable have much better abilities than Vespiquen in Unaware, Magic Guard... This pokemon can fight against set up sweapers, against status and hazards... Vespiquen can only dream for gaining theese abilities.

Bug: Weak to Fire and Rock, Resist Flying, Fight, Ground and Grass.
Flying: Weak to Rock, Electric and Ice, Resist Bug (x4), Fight, Grass and immunity to Ground.

Also - one question:
How Ditto could work in this meta? I mean... He can have like copied pokemon his second (first when Shiny) type what can resist, or no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)